Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block B Round 1: Kirsi vs Cyril

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:46 am
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

Bᴇʜᴏʟᴅ Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ᴏғ Iᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Fʟᴀᴍᴇ As Kɪʀsɪ Rʜᴏᴅᴇs ᴀɴᴅ Cʏʀɪʟ Fʀɪsᴄʜ Cʀᴏss Sᴡᴏʀᴅs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Rɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ﹗

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:15 am
User Image

███ ██ █ ▌Cyril Frisch▌█ ██ ███

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My location... Stadium, Battle field
                                                  My Outfit... same as pic
                                                  Those near me... Kirsi, crowd
                                                  Pokemon you see me with... none

[enter]

The tournament had finally begun. He was quite nervous seeing this would be his first time battling in a stadium under gaze of thousands. Not thinking about it might be better. Pretend that he was battling in class and focus. Then, there was his opponent for this match. It was quite a coincidence that the girl he managed to upset became his opponent. Kirsi Rhodes. He didn't know if this is bad luck or what. It could be a blessing that he knew one of her pokemon, having seen it in the train. A growlithe was a possibility. Though it won't matter if Kirsi used a different pokemon he didn't know. Nevertheless, he would at least prepare a plan if it was a growlithe just in case. Aisha would be at disadvantage as she's an ice type and non of her attack would be effective. He could use double team to make attack to land less likely or he could lower his opponent's defense to make up for the halved damage. if he used double team, though the attack may miss, it won't help if he couldn't deal enough damage. Leer might be their best chance to win rather than relying on luck.

Cyril took his position at the opposite of the battlefield. The noise of the crowd was even louder out here. He could feel his movement was more stiff than usual due to how he hoped he didn't embarrass himself in front of all these people. His gaze focused toward his opponent to distract his mind from the bubbling anxiety that would consume him if he dwelt in it. "Never would have I expected to face you here of all place when I register," Cyril spoke his greetings, while trying to discern his opponent's expression. He spoke out of line at that train back then and it made him avoided her. It weight on his mind that he wished to know what Kirsi now thought of him. She looked determined, of what he didn't know. Unlike her, he didn't have high hope he could go far in this tournament, but he would do his best so as not to betray his pokemon who fight by his side. Even if his opponent was someone he didn't wish to face. What kind of trainer is he if he gave up before a fight? He suppressed his guilt and his emotion to show that he was unperturbed. His hand pulled out Aisha's pokeball as he spoke with as much level tone as possible, "Let us both do our best." He won't say good luck to his opponent as it would be akin to wishing his opponent to win.

((OOC: . . . ))

Log:
word counter: 0
User Image
Pokemon Team:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
AISHA (Snorunt) │Female│ Lv. 13 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 50/250 (+0)
Ice Body │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 36 Hp│18 Atk │18 Def│18 SpAtk│18 SpDef │18 Spd】
Move set:

►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100
Powder Snow: 40 // AC: 100 (10% chance of freezing)
► [ST] Double Team: // Raise evasion by 1
► [P*] Ice Shard: 40 // AC: 100 (+1 priority moves)

SIEGRID (Sneasel) │Male│ Lv. 08 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 0/250 (+0)
Keen Eye │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 26 Hp│20 Atk │13 Def│10 SpAtk│18 SpDef (+) │20 Spd (-)】
Move set:
►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100 // lowers def by 1 stage
► [P] Scratch: 40 // AC: 100
► [ST] Taunt // AC: 100 // forces pokemon to use attack move for 3 turns.
► [P] Quick Attack: 40 // AC: 100 // Priority +1

Inventory:
(in waist bag)
00 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
02 x rare candy
Flashlight, lighter, rope.

Other: (in travel backpack - left in hotel room)
Bar of chocolate, canned food (ready to eat)
A bottle of water
homemade pokeblock treat (oran berry flavor)
Toiletries
change of clothes (4 sets)

Library Books: (left at dorm)
Battle 101
Pokemon of the world: Ice Edition
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
TheWhiteDragonfly

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:36 am
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After Kirsi finished feeding Chance his rare candies he burped, bits of flame sparking from his mouth before quickly dissipating. Kirsi straightened, and nodded to Koru. "Yeah." She was deep in her own thoughts. "Good luck you guys." She meant it, even if Koru doing well meant they might face off. Then Kirsi headed for her own stage, where Cyril was already waiting. She returned Chance to his pokeball so she could properly release him when the battle started.

As Kirsi approached the battlefield, she repeated in a mantra in her head, Bite, Ember, Leer. Bite, Ember, Leer. Roar was no good here, and she knew from breeding class what moves Chance had learning. She at least had his first few memorized even if she'd forgotten everything higher up. Leer lowers defense...wait, which defense? Special? Normal? I think normal? Kirsi couldn't remember. Should I use it then? As she approached Cyril, Kirsi knew she didn't want to mess up. If she used Leer and then the wrong move, he and everyone would know she had messed up. Fearing that, Kirsi decided to leave it out. Bite, Ember. Bite, Ember.

When Kirsi stopped on her spot, her arms felt both heavy and light at the same time, a light tingling in her fingertips. When Cyril spoke, she heard him loud and clear, though to her the sounds of the crowd was muted. Kirsi tried to figure out from Cyril's body language and voice what he was thinking, but couldn't manage it. He looked cool, calm, uneffacted, and Kirsi wasn't sure what that meant. "Me neither," she responded. She was staring at him, focused. She wanted to say something confident like Koru would in this situation, like "I'm gonna win!", or "Let's try our best!" but she couldn't. Cyril said something for her, and Kirsi nodded. "Yeah." Most of her reticence was because she was focusing so hard on the upcoming battle that she couldn't spare much brainpower to thinking of what to say. It was clear from her tone, though, that she wanted to beat him.

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Pokemon: Growlithe - Chance
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Level: 10
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate
    Experience: 0/1000
    Move Set:

► Bite [60] | Dark | Physical | Makes Contact | 30% chance to flinch target | 100% Acc
        ► Roar | Normal | Status | Forces wild pokemon to flee and trainer pokemon to switch out | 100% Acc
        ► Ember [40] | Fire | Special | 10% Chance to burn | 100% Acc
        ► Leer | Normal | Status | Lower's opponent's defense one stage | 100% Acc

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability
    User Image x Soothe Bell

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    User Image x 8
    User Image x Ivysaur Plushie
    User Image x Moon Stone Ticket

amarzyciel
Prairiefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
amarzyciel

User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

(Since Growlithe has the Jolly nature, which enhances speed, Kirsi will be going first so please begin whenever you are ready 3nodding the battle will last five posts from each person. Good luck!)

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:09 pm
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ooc; and the battle begins! I hope I've done everything correctly o wo;;

It was time. Kirsi held Chance's pokeball in her hand for a moment. It felt different, somehow. She'd never thrown it for a reason like this before. She tightened her grip and threw, releasing Chance onto the field. "Ready?" Chance barked once in response, looking at Kirsi and wagging his tail. "Look that way!" Kirsi cried out, a bit flustered. Chance turned, and Olivier raised the green flag, announcing the start of the battle. Chance, seeing the shivering snorunt in front of him, barked fiercely, Intimidating it and showing he was ready for battle.

Kirsi couldn't remember what, if anything, Cyril had said about his pokemon, but looking at it, she could guess. That looks like...an ice type... She wasn't from Snowpoint City for nothing! This meant fire would be useful, but would a dark move like bite do okay damage? I sh-should tell Chance what to do! It was so much different being the one on the field, with her pokemon in front of her! Would Chance know what to do if she just told him to attack? What attack should she use? "Chance, use- use Bite!" she yelled.

Amazingly, Chance heard and surged forward. He ran towards Aisha, teeth slowly parting as he got ready to chow down. That yellow coat didn't look like it would be very tasty, but because Kirsi was asking he would try to bite it anyways.

[ Chance used Bite, 30% chance to flinch ]

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

► Bite [60] | Dark | Physical | Makes Contact | 30% chance to flinch target | 100% Acc
        ► Roar | Normal | Status | Forces wild pokemon to flee and trainer pokemon to switch out | 100% Acc

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

amarzyciel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:46 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Outfit... same as pic
                                                  Pokemon you see me with... Aisha, the snorunt (Battle)

It was not quite what he was expecting. The reply he received was brief, rather, there was nearly no content at all. Cyril had expected Kirsi to be perhaps contempt or awkward or a sign of dislike. It won't even come a surprise if there was rude remark added in since he was sure he had made a very bad impression to antagonize the girl. He wasn't sure how he should carry himself in front of her. It would have been easier if she went for a more familiar attitude. As it was, Cyril only nodded his acknowledgment of Kirsi's reply as a form of polite gesture. Indifference was how he decided. It wasn't hard as he was already doing so to keep stage fright from settling in.

Cyril released his pokemon with a flick of his hand upon the referee's signal. Aisha, his snorunt, materialized into the field. "Sno?" The pokemon was startled by all the noise around her that she turned to comprehend her surrounding. "Prepare for battle, Aisha," Cyril spoke up to inform his snorunt of what was happening. It was enough by the looked of it. Aisha spun to face a growlithe and took a step back when she was barked at. "S-snow!?" Aisha's let out uncertain cry. Intimidate? Cyril wasn't sure whether it was a simple action or a result of ability. He didn't have time to ponder of what it could be when Kirsi issued command of bite. The growlithe had dashed faster than the snorunt could have reacted due to the effect of intimidate. Jaws clamped on Aisha. Whatever the thought that Cyril had set aside in favor of responding to his opponent. "Leer, then shook it off," He commanded, making Aisha to glared with enough dislike that wasn't hard to muster, followed with the snorunt trying to shake the bigger pokemon off. The size different made it hard to do. Cyril wondered why Kirsi wasn't using fire from the start, however. It made more sense to capitalize on his pokemon's weakness.

battle Log:
Turn 1:
Chance's intimidate activate. Aisha's atk is lowered.
Chance used Bite.
Aisha used leer. Chance's defense is lowered.

((OOC: . . . ))

Log:
word counter: 339
User Image
Pokemon Team:
Move set:

Move set:

Inventory:
(in waist bag)
00 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
02 x rare candy

A bottle of water
Toiletries

Battle 101
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
TheWhiteDragonfly

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 pm
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes

Chance's jaws connected, teeth closing around Aisha's frosty coat. A shiver ran through the pup, his eyes going wide at the sudden cold that seeped into his gums. Past his furry muzzle he could see the snorunt's eyes and a deep glare. Chance snapped his jaw open and scrambled backwards, snorting cold air out his nose. He backed far enough away to feel safe from those eyes, shaken by the feeling of being seeing as a foe. He had never been faced with eyes like that, and though he would fight for Kirsi he didn't like it. Chance also didn't like the cold in his mouth. Tiny sparks of embers flew from his throat, sizzling to nothing before they even passed his teeth, just enough to keep him warm.

Kirsi, heart pounding from what seemed like a direct hit, noticed the tiny flecks of red in Chance's mouth only because she was watching him so closely to make sure he was okay. Maybe he was ready to try his new attack then. "Chance, use ember!" Chance barked, shaking himself and moving his jaw up and down in preparation. Then he panted his feet facing Aisha and let loose a torrent of hot embers.

Kirsi waited, tense. She wasn't sure if the ember attack would work, and on top of that she was focused on the snorunt and wondering what it would do next. Cyril had commanded Leer, and depending on the type of move that followed, Kirsi might be able to figure out how to properly use it.

[ Ember has 10% chance to burn ]

Battle Log
                          Round 1
                          Chance's intimidate lowers Aisha's attack
                          Chance used Bite, no flinch

Round 2
                          Chance used Ember, no burn

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

amarzyciel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:28 am
User Image

My Outfit... same as pic

The leer is working well, Cyril thought as he saw the growlithe distanced itself. It told him that ranged attack might come next or the growlithe will have to get close which left it open for Aisha to attack. There wasn't much he could do currently, he couldn't make a move yet until his opponent got their turn. It was frustrating to not being able to have his snorunt took advantage of the opening. As it is, Cyril waited for his opponent to make a move. He only move when he heard and he saw the attack to issue his own. "to the side, then Ice Shard!" The instruction came easily. It was one of the trick he often used that Aisha was familiar to. He might need way to expand his repertoire before it became predictable, but for now, it was what he could do.

Aisha side stepped to the side more for a better position, ice formed and shot at the same moment. It was only a single shard as a result of trading strength with speed. Her ice made collision faster before the ember came upon her. She tried to dodge, yet it was not fruitful as enough fire got her. It hurts. The ember easily ate through her 'cloak', leaving singe mark. It could be worse, but her ice shard had interrupted the attack enough that the fire was brief. Not that her opponent was quite finish yet. Aisha looked toward the growlithe with a challenge. She had shown herself capable of dealing with its flame by interrupting it. As long as she's able to repeat the feat, fire won't be enough to beat them.

battle Log:
Round 1:
Chance used Bite.

Round 2:
Aisha used Ice shard! (priority move)
Chance used Ember!

((OOC: I thought of battle with the mechanic, but it will be more dynamic if I forgo the debuff spam. ))

Log:
word counter: 254
User Image
Pokemon Team:
Move set:

Move set:

Inventory:
(in waist bag)
00 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
02 x rare candy

A bottle of water
Toiletries

Battle 101
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
TheWhiteDragonfly

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:52 pm
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes

Kirsi flailed inwardly when she heard Cyril command a dodge. Inexperience left her at a loss for words to adapt, leaving Chance's ember skirting Aisha's side while the pup was hit full-on by the deadly-fast icicle. Kirsi's heart caught when she saw him hurt, saw his path arc into a diagonal when pushed by the shard. Is Chance okay!? Ice isn't very effective but...waht. Chance had paused to sniff the icicle at his feet and even gave it a tentative lick. "Chance, what are you doing?" Kirsi yelled. To her dismay, Chance's heated tongue sizzled the icicle, and when he lifted her head to look her way, the ice came up with him, stuck to his tongue. Startled, he started backing up, trying to get away from the ice while the audience cheered in delight. It sure sounded like laughter to Kirsi; she was sure she'd never been more embarrassed in her life.

"Chance, warm your mouth up!" she commanded, remembering what he had done earlier. Sure enough, the surface of the ice melted and it slid off onto the stage. Chance jumped back, glad to be rid of the thing. I've got to show I know what I'm doing...That attack didn't tell me anything! She couldn't tell if ice shard was physical or special, which meant she didn't know which kind of defense leer affected. What do I know, then? Cyril's snorunt was good at dodging, but she had noticed it leaned heavy when it landed. Kirsi got an idea. Cyril probably thinks I'm stupid, so I bet it'll work. "Chance, use ember again!" The words had barely left her mouth and the embers had barely left his before she began to should out another command. "Run at her!" she yelled, loud enough he would kick into gear automatically, running behind the flaming embers.

Battle Log
                          Round 1
                          Chance's intimidate lowers Aisha's attack
                          Chance used Bite, no flinch

Round 2
                          Aisha used Ice Shard (Priority +1)

Round 3

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

amarzyciel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:29 am
User Image

My Outfit... same as pic

"You are doing good, Aisha," Cyril complimented his snorunt for her accuracy. He felt satisfaction to see their trick working against another trainer. He also noted how the growlithe lacked serious drive to fight by how it could play around pieces of ice that broke from the shard. He thought that the growlithe was merely following command to battle and treated it like a game. It was by no means wrong, but he personally preferred pokemon that would not let their guard down like that. His own pokemon managed to integrated her playful nature into battle to advantage. He let out a sigh as he watched the antic of the growlithe and had to stop himself from chiding his opponent in his annoyance. His opponent didn't seem to take him as seriously as he prepared himself to. Well then, if that's what they wanted, he won't allow them to have such leisure time to do so.

Finally, the battle resumed with another ember from his opponent, just the way he wanted it. "ice shard," he commanded the exact same move. Like before, Aisha shot one high-speed ice. This time though, the growlithe broke into run, hint that they were trying to counter theirs. Cyril was ready to improvised, "Continuous fire," he followed. They might be able to dodge the initial strike, but can they dodge them all?

Aisha stood her ground when his opponent came to her. It was a common occurrence for her move giving her more advantage in range. Most would try to bring the battle close. She shot her first ice shard which didn't do much due to the moving target and it also made dodging the ember a lot more troublesome as it was fired erratically. Following her trainer's order, she felt delight in commencing her attack. Ice, ice and more ice! let it rain upon her opponent. Barrage of multiple ice shards came in wave toward her opponent. For every that she launched, she created more to follow, over and over. Alas, she had forgotten to move while she was absorbed in creating numerous amount of ice shard to shoot that she didn't try to move before it was too late. The fire caught her and this time with more strength than previously. She recoiled from the pain it inflicted her and the ice shard naturally stopped.

battle Log:
Round 1:
Chance used Bite.

Round 2:
Aisha used Ice shard! (priority move)
Chance used Ember!

Round 3:
Aisha used ice Shard! (Priority +1)
Chance used Ember!

((OOC: I tried to be vague regarding how growlithe dealt with ice shard, hope I do it right. ))

Log:
word counter: 392
User Image
Pokemon Team:
Move set:

Move set:

Inventory:
(in waist bag)
00 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
02 x rare candy

A bottle of water
Toiletries

Battle 101
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
TheWhiteDragonfly

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:46 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
amarzyciel

The winner of this battle is...Kirsi and Growlithe!

Snorut put quite the fight, but due to Growlither's Intimidate (which causes opponent's Attack to be halved) Ice Shard was not able to do much damage. Also because Snorut was using ice-type attacks, Fire pokemon resist Ice thus decreasing the damage further. Even with the use of Leer, Snorut's attacks were doing too little damage.

Growlithe used Ember twice which would have been more than enough even if its Jolly nature lowered its Special Attack.

This battle came down to Pokemon typing and Growlithe's fire melted Snorut's Ice. Thank you guys for this great battle 3nodding

Dragonfly you are allowed to end this battle with one last post, but please be careful that it is nothing crazy or over the top.

››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games