Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block B Round 1: Evelyn vs Ichiro Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:33 am
User ImageUser Image
                                                X⇒ LOCATION : Lamia District Stadium
                                                XXXXXXXXXX⇒ WITH : Evelyn

Ichiro looked on and nodded appreciatively when Eve explained Disable. Up until that point, Ichiro had no idea what that blue glow around his pokemon meant, nor why his Snivy seemed unable to preform Vine Whip again. But now it made sense. The Ghost Yamask had taken the move away. Inwardly, Ichiro hoped the mode would eventually come back. If not, what would he do? Snivy needed his vines for a plethora of reasons, mainly because he often used them in lieu of his tiny arms. Fortunately for Tsutarja, disable would wear off as soon as their battle was over.

Once again, Ichiro found himself confounded by shock and confusion as why his pokemon went sailing through Evelyn's -- his tackle having absolutely no effect on the Ghost. Eve once again was kind to explain that Normal Type moves didn't work on Ghost Pokemon, unless they were a status effect variety. That made sense since Yamask seemed to be effected by Tsutarja's Glare and Leer moves. "Wow! Ghost Pokemon are pretty cool." Ichiro was quick to compliment the pair, giving them another genuine smile. "Yamask knows so many interesting moves, too." He really did find Evelyn's Yamask impressive. It sort of made him wonder if he should add a nifty Ghost Pokemon to his party some day. Though, his gut told him that probably wouldn't be easy.

Returning his attention to Evy, Ichiro began to once again feel apprehension when she called out the next move for Yamask. It was going to be another astonish. Would his Snivy be able to take another terrifying move like that? Ichiro winced, preparing for what was to come, but then Yamask didn't move from his spot. Ichiro found it really puzzling, until he began to wonder if it was a result of the Ghost being paralyzed. Seeing as sparks seemed to leap off the pokemon, his thoughts seemed to be accurate. However, that didn't mean the Ghost was finished with his turn. As it turned out, Yamask was able to fight through his paralysis and soon charged at Tsutarja once again, letting out a loud wail. Ichiro's eyes widened in horror when he watched the move connected, subsequently knocking his little Grass Pokemon down to the ground again. But this time when his Snivy had tried to get up, his little arms just gave out on him and he collapsed to the ground just like a little sack of potatoes. "Tsutarja!" Ichiro cried out to his Pokemon before running over to the little guy's side, his knees hitting the ground. He didn't care if the battle wasn't over or if the referee would yell at him. He just wanted to make sure his Pokemon was okay. "Tsutarja, are you alright?" Gently, Ichiro turned the Grass snake over before pulling the exhausted pokemon into his lap, cradling him. "Snnii..." The Pokemon let out an almost muted whimper. Ichiro began to feel a little more comfortable knowing that his Pokemon was still semi-concious and thus alright for the most part, at least in his eleven-year-old judgement. Perhaps the guy just need to rest.

In the background, Ichiro could hear the referee announce Evelyn as the winner and could also heard Evelyn celebrating her victory with her pokemon. It was bitter sweet. As much as Ichiro was happy for Evelyn, he also felt like crying unaccountably because of the state his Pokemon was in. If he had been even remotely interested in the battling scene he might have even been embarrassed by how pathetic of trainer he was. But none of that matter to him. He was only concerned about his Pokemon -- his best companion that had been entrusted to him by the day care. Inwardly, he hoped his Snivy would be able to forgive him. Sniffing back tears that began to sting his eyes a little, Ichiro turned towards the sound of Evelyn's concerned voice. He gave her a theatric nod. "Umm... Yeah. Tsutarja looks like he's gonna be okay." He told her meekly. "Congratulations on the win, Evy. I'll be cheering for you in the tournament." He told her, fighting through his melancholy to give her a bright smile. He really did feel happy for her -- he just needed time for his own emotions to get sorted out.

Removing Tsutarja's Pokeball from his pocket, Ichiro promptly returned his Grass Pokemon to the ball before shakily getting back on his feet. He once again shot Evelyn a rather wimpy smile before making his way over to her, returning Tsutarja's ball to his bag as he did. Stopping in front of Evelyn, he extended a hand towards her and shook her hand. "Please do your very best and go far with Yamask in this tournament. You guys are great." He told her, his sadness subsiding. "Also, I won't forget what you and Yamask did for Tsutarja. It really meant a lot to me -- that you guys were gentle on him." With that said, Ichiro let go of Evelyn's hand and headed off. He knew he needed to go find Phoebe, she was probably waiting for him outside the stadium.

[[ P.S. Ichiro has mega respect for Evelyn ]]

════════════════════════════════════

"Time you enjoy wasting...
XXXXXXXisn't wasted time..."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    User Image
                                            [ イチロー ・ 佐藤 ]

✗ STATUS : Fine
                                        ✗ MOOD : Content/worried
                                        ✗ CLUBS : Drama Club (President)
                                        ✗ HOUSE : Salamence // Dorm Room 101
                                        ✗ ATTIRE : Same a pic; Black T-shirt, light orange jacket, blue jeans shorts and tan coloured sandles

✗ WORD COUNT : No Idea;macbook program won't say
                                        ✗ OOC : You're silly, Yamask won by a landslide xD Really sorry -- not enough time to proof read, got a lot to do today.

► P A R T Y
                                            User Image User Image
                                              Pokemon: Snivy (Tsutarja)
                                              Friendship Points:
                                              User Image
                                              Level: 7
                                              Nature Timid
                                              Ability Contrary
                                              Experience:
                                              Move Set:

► Glare
                                                  ► Tackle
                                                  ► Leer
                                                  ► Vine Whip

User Image User Image
                                              Pokemon: Oddish (Nazonokusa)
                                              Friendship Points:
                                              User Image
                                              Level: 13
                                              Nature Hasty
                                              Ability Chlorophyll
                                              Experience:
                                              Move Set:

► Absorb
                                                  ► Sweet Scent
                                                  ► Acid
                                                  ► Poison Powder

User Image
                                            I N V E N T O R Y
                                            ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                              User Image x0

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                              User Image
                                              User Image x1

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
                                              User Image x4
                                              User Image x1

TEXTS

Iris: Hey guys' lets grab some food before the tourney begins. Chat before we're battling each other owo. Text me when you guys are done so we can meet up and definitely. Good Luck everyone.

Ichiro: "HEYO, IRIS! I would be happy to join you to go grab something to eat. ^^ Umm... I think the tournaments is starting, so why don't we go grab something to eat afterwards? There's some cool looking concession stands outside the stadium -- bet they have great food. Anyhow, definetely count me in! Oh! And mind --

Ichiro: -- if I bring a friend along? I bet Phoebe would love to join us, too. The more the merriery, right? Anyhow, I wish you the super-best-of-luck during the tournament. Oh, and it looks like you'll be up against Phoebe, too! I can't wait to watch ^^ (P.S. sorry about sending two texts, I ran out of room in the first one.)"

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:37 am
murruelecreuset
Hitsukei

User Image

Olivier the Referee

Both combatants had clearly displayed their fighting spirit! Neither Pokemon nor Trainer had showed any signs of giving up during their battle. The excitement in the air was certainly palpable and was only amplified by large audience that overlooked the battlefield. The amount of energy within the stadium was truly an amazing spectacle all on its own. Some members of the audience waved colourful banners, while others stood up from their spot in the bleachers with hands cupped to their mouth, fervently giving loud cheers that rose above the rest. But that was nothing compared to the excitement that was to come.

Once Oliver observed one of the two combatant's Pokemon collapse, his decision had been made. Taking a step forward from his place at the edge of the arena, Oliver kept both flags down at his sides, before taking in a deep breath. An expert in his field, Oliver was proud to announce this battle's winner. "Alright, this battle has come to a close." His bright eyes lit up as his clear voice projected through the small mic he wore on his ear, commanding the attention of the entire stadium. "The Winner is..." Raising his right hand, he pointed his green flag at the only Pokemon still standing. "Evelyn Chamberlain and Yamask" Suddenly, a loud roar had erupted from the audience, as cheers and applauds dominated the air around both young trainers. Although both Pokemon had fought adamantly and had given their all, it was a shame only one could walk way a winner. "Evelyn will be moving on to the next round. Stay tuned folks for what's come!"

Lowering his flag, Oliver soon expressed his personal congratulations to the winner and prepared to take a small break before judging the next battle in the long lineup of matches. He truely had his work cut out for him.

==========

(Huge thank you to all those who have participated!)

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out