Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:28 am
User Image

"Father."

The lioness scoffed the word with minimal disgust as she wandered the prides lands. He was a Reaver, not much of one, but he still was one. This was baffling to his daughter. Astounding even. Having that sort of thing in your history could cause many a set back in her own future. This was not something she'd settle with. Zjarri wanted more, wanted something bigger. She was determined to make a contribution and decided it was time to turn to a Captain for a pawful amount of help.

It was at that point of decision making she began to seek out Bousvor, a very successful Captain who was ambitious. She had strived to be like that for so long that she saw no other way to really achieve her own goals beyond seeking out those who could make them happen.

Where could he be?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 am
Greenie EA

User Image

Things had been relatively quiet for the tawny lion since his latest unexpected excursion. The surprise askorun had taken a bit out of him. Bousvor was stretched out in front of his den as flat as he could get, napping in the warm sunshine. He had a paw draped over his eyes to shield them from the direct light and let him nap. His thralls were out somewhere. He wasn't sure where, but it gave him quiet and peace.

At the same time, it made him wonder what exactly his thralls were getting up to. The six offspring were usually pretty good, their mother was a sure spitfire. He heaved a deep sigh. Trouble would surely come find him when the time was right. Until then he just needed to enjoy his nap.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:59 am
Word had it the Captain she was seeking had decided to take some time to himself, had she not been blinded by her own personal goals she likely would have stopped and respected his quiet time, but she was blind. Narrow minded. Goal oriented. This was her life that she was grabbing hold of, it was about time she accomplished something.

"Bousvor?"

The name was off her lips before she even spotted the brown/beige lion sprawled on the ground. His paw was draped over his face, it was clear he was napping or at least trying to. In that moment Zjarri almost came back to reality and began feeling bad, but she reminded herself quickly, this is what she had wanted for a good long while.

"Bousvor, could I speak with you?"

Would he even give her advise? Allow her to grow? Perhaps join one of his vikings?

She wouldn't know until she asked. That is what she had kept telling herself, not that she had heard he was unreasonable, but y'never know what someone is likeuntil you meet them in person. This was her chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:26 am
Greenie EA

Luck was not on his side. An unknown voice calling his name brought him quickly out of his doze. He pulled his paw off his eyes and squinted into the light. A dark blue lioness came into focus as he blinked. He sighed to himself already anticipating trouble. "Who was it and what did they do?" Bousvor asked her resignedly, as his mind with through his current items that he could use to placate her for the wrong his thrall had done.

Usually laid back, he'd warned and warned Kisukari about her attitude toward others beside thralls. It was an attitude she'd given her cubs in a small amount, and it was constantly getting him into trouble. He was going to find out who had caused the trouble this time and teach the whole lot a lesson. Bousvor heaved himself to his feet and shook the dust from this pelt.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:36 am
Zjarri was caught off guard, her thoughts scrambled and her paws nearly stumbled when Bousvor finally did speak. "Sorry?" Her tone set to let him know just how confused she was. "I don't know what you're talking about." If she had the gull to do so, she may have made a comment in regards to his Thralls. Which she assumed was the source of his mild annoyance. She almost sighed, the thought of having her own Thrall was something the excited her beyond belief! Though by the look on his face maybe she shouldn't be so excited.

Bringing herself back focus she realized that she couldn't assume what he had meant at all, instead she took a deep breath and decided to introduce herself. Seeing him at full height she almost couldn't begin her statement, but found her strength and moved past her stall.

"My name is Zjarri Fol, I am a Freeborn looking for more to do with my life." Finishing her introduction she let go the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. "My Father is an unaccomplished Reaver, I'd like to do more, but first I must become a Reaver." A pause, the silence to allow for any form of words from her 'hero' so to speak. 'Hero' that was based entirely on hearsay.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 pm
Greenie EA

Things were not as they appeared. Bousvor clamped his jaws shut as he mentally backtracked from his assumptions. Sometimes he thought Kisukari was rubbing off on him by jumping to conclusions. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Pardon, I thought you were here for something else."

He nodded slowly as she stated her name, rank, and the real reason for searching him out. "Ah. You know I am Bousvor." The humor filled his eyes since she had called him by name already. The large male settled himself to sit and gestured for her to do the same. If one of this thralls was here, he'd offer her refreshments; at the same time they tended to get under foot.

"A reaver is still an accomplishment," he rumbled softly in gentle rebuke. "Tell me about him." It would help him to understand her reasoning. He wasn't sure he'd actually met her father.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:35 pm
She watched as he visibly relaxed and lost all his tension/worry in one fell swoop. Whatever he was worried about had left his mind completely after she spoke. "That's okay." She gave a small awkward smile.

Zjarri blushed gently at the humor in his eyes. She had done her research, do the best of her ability and she had no shame in that, besides a good Captain gets spoken about. That was the way it had always been, so she was told. So when she had his name and approximate pelt distinctions she had gone to work seeking him out. With little luck to this point. Upon receiving a motion to seat herself she did so hurriedly. Her rump dropped hard enough to create a small puff of a dirt. Something she herself hadn't seen, but it tickled her nose and she sneezed.

Boy we're off to a great start..

Then she was hit with a final blow. Embarrassed for her harsh words she almost hung her head, but there he was seeking her side of the story. Zjarri almost smiled, but instead prepared herself for the talk. "My Father, Bjorn, has been a Reaver his whole life and has been only a couple of vikings, that I'm aware of." She realized as she spoke that perhaps he did more than he had told her? She didn't say anything for a moment and recalculated. "As far as I know he hasn't really amounted to much of what he had set his hearts desire to." This time she chose her words a little more wisely.

By now her age was showing distinctly. As a young adult she had so much to learn, including when to keep her mouth shut and perhaps what to say and to whom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:48 pm
Greenie EA

He watched her settle with the causal air of youth. Bousvor kindly refrained from chuckling at her sneezed caused by the dirt she'd stirred up. "I should get the thralls to sweep again it seems." Luckily with so many, chores went fast if they teamed up on them.

His experienced green eyes saw her embarrassment and hint that she almost hung her head. That was good. She wasn't too arrogant or sure of herself. The name sounded familiar, but he couldn't place the reaver in question. Bousvor gestured for her to continue. "Do vikings only count as success? What do you judge him by?" What bar was she holding her father up to versus what he held himself to? It was all a matter of perspective.

He liked that she tried to reword her sentence into a bit more diplomatic comment. It showed him that she was really starting to think now. He'd see where this would take them.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:02 pm
Zjarri couldn't even begin to describe how grateful she was for having chosen his company. That little incident would have ended up with her laughed out, or so she figured. "Perhaps, but it seems I took care of this one spot." She gave a grin, one that was quick to slip away as they continued on with their more serious topic.

Her ears perked and her eyes stayed focused. The blue lioness' stance gave away that she was intently trying to decide how to answer the questions. Trying to avoid her mistakes of answering to quickly, with no prior true thought to give her words a foundation. "Perhaps I used his lack of Vikings as an excuse for my wanting to get ahead?" Zjarri was tempted to seek the ground with her eyes, instead she kept them locked with the Captains face. "Vikings are.." A pause, she still didn't have an answer. "I know that Vikings are looked upon as a great opportunity and when successful give great pride to those on the Viking." As she spoke she became more confident. "That is what I think of Vikings. I believe they bring great honor to a family, my Father did not go on many Vikings, though he never said why."

She began to understand where he was going with this. Becoming a Reaver was a feat in itself, continuing to pursue anymore is a personal choice. A choice her Father chose not to make. "I'm sorry." She spoke softly, recognizing her own faults almost immediately. "I held onto so many negative feelings about it that I didn't stop to consider his side."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:11 pm
Greenie EA

Bousvor chucked. "For which I'm sure they'll be grateful, and yet still complain to me how much work I make them do." His grin invited her to share the humor of thralls.

The next part was easy for him. All he had to do was sit and listen. Occupations the large lion had much much practice in. He liked to observe those around him. Bousvor tilted his head attentively to encourage her as he listened. She was learning, not jumping to answer and seeing more than her side of it. It didn't take long."Have you asked him?" He'd mastered the art of not saying much to say a lot.

He smiled at her apology. "Excellent. You may accompany me on my next viking if you so wish."

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:33 pm
She mused lightly. "Ah, yes. Complaints seem common among the rank." Her grin didn't fade, even as she began to really think about things.

To say the young adult was blown away by how the situation had turned would have been nothing in comparison to how she really felt. It was an eye opening experience that made her feel ways towards her Father that she hadn't felt before. In full she would likely apologize to him. His choices shouldn't be what shapes her, not in a negative way. Her choices were her own, just like his was his to make.

"I will ask him and apologize for how I may have come off to him. You've taught me a lesson I wouldn't have learned if I hadn't talked about this. Thank you." Her smile was gracious.

"Rea.. really!?"

Nearly bouncing in place she caught her tail before making another dust storm, but the bright light in her eyes gave way just how enthused and grateful she was. This was the opportunity of a life time! "Oh yes please!" She proclaimed happily.

"Oh, I must go get myself ready and tell my family. They will be so pleased!" Though she spoke her goodbyes to Bousvor, they were being said as she stood up and began to leave, quickly. Her excitement, though still somewhat contained, was beginning to show in the way she carried herself away from his den.

Fin~  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff