• Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm
World Event- Creepy Crawlers

Whelp, things hiss...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm
Taking it Easy~

Meeting the person he hopes will take his sister away one day.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:09 pm
Dance with Me!

His first dance lessons with his budding crush.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 pm
Its a Secret

Finding out more about his sister than he wanted to know.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:16 pm
Another Dance, Another Step.

That moment things just...clicked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:17 pm
Class Solo
Lesson Started

Uncle Elfani was an odd duck, Hulis decided as he sat there. The youth was dressed in layers of veils and skirts. They currently were splayed all around him as he watched the elder go through a few simple steps. Hulis tilted his head as he watched the water magic start to dance around the elder. Hulis smiled as his Uncle twirled to a stop with a jingle of coins around the male’s waist. Hulis hummed. “So, the fact that you are currently dressed as a female...or close to one...what does that do?”

His Uncle blinked before dropping to sit, one leg drawn up to rest his chin on the knee. “It helps give you a whimsical feel. I find it a bit more freeing as a magic user.” he smiled at the youth. Hulis binked as he lifted a strip of cloth. Letting the silky fabric fall through his fingers. He thought about it. Yeah, it did help him feel a bit whimsical. More free to a certain degree. He glanced up to his Uncle.

“Ok, you have a point.” he giggled. “Are you okay, with teaching me about magic?” he looked over to where another male leaned against a half wall near them. “Is he learning with me?”

Elfani looked back. ‘Yes, Froilin is the son of a friend who wants to learn as well. Sadly, he adamantly refuses my skirt method.” the elder groused with a childish display of sticking out his tongue.

Hulis looked at the much more masculine male than he was, then back to his Uncle. “I see why he refused Uncle. Not sure he could pull off a skirt…” the other male huffed. Hulis made a face, then lowered his tone. Leaning towards his Uncle. “I don’t like his attitude.”

Elfani nodded. “It’ll change...come.” he stood, pulling Hulis to stand with him. “Lets go through those simple steps again. See if Water or Air respond to you.” The elder smiled as he stepped back into the puddle with Hulis.

As Hulis stood to join his Uncle, he did notice that the other male was watching the two of them. Hulis ignored him in favor of focusing on that thread of energy within him. As he started to dance in time with the light tune his Uncle was humming, the youth felt light. His hair was being played with...then he felt as if his arms were being coated. At the end of the small series of steps he felt lighter mentally than he had in awhile. He barely noticed that he was in skirts. Once he exhaled slowly he looked to his shocked Uncle.

“You...have so much potential. Both Air and Water responded to you.” Elfani looked excited. Hulis blinked as he blushed lightly. The elder male chuckled as he clasped his hands in front of his mouth in his glee. After a few moments Hulis felt that same glee when he looked down to see that there was a play of wind on the water he was standing in. There had been no wind thus far that day. He looked up to his Uncle with a huge smile. “See, what a few hours of meditation does?”

Hulis nodded in excitement. “What else can you do with magic, Uncle?”

Elfani chuckled. “Attack those who wish to cause you harm, defend those you care about as well as heal those who need you.” he shrugged. “Basically anything a fighter can do, only we tap into forces a little beyond us. We use energies in a different manner than they do. More external, rather than internal.”

Hulis nodded as he listened. “And you found that you can flow magic easier through dancing?” Like Li did. Hulis blushed as he thought of his childhood friend. Licking his lips as he smiled softly Hulis inhaled to center his focus. His Uncle watched him with a knowing smile. The other male watching as well, Elfani glanced back with a small hum. This could add some flare to the pair. Should be interesting.

Hulis found that training with his Uncle, would also entail training with Froilin. While he wasn’t an exact fan of the other youth. Hulis wasn’t about to be a petty child and demand a different training partner. It would help him build the patience for further frustrating beings similar to Froilin. It became clear to Hulis about three days after one particularly frustrating lesson that Froilin was acting much like a immature child around their first crush. It was a thought that had him pausing as he laid in bed that night. Everything that Froilin did reminded him of a pair of younglings that he watched one day...a pair he knew had affection for one another….

Oh….

….Crap.

Hulis had gotten up the next day. Going to his Uncle’s training area he spotted Froilin, who was already smirking. The bigger ice male cracked his knuckles. “Ready to lose to me again at Earth taming?”

Hulis didn’t rise to that bait, instead he focused his attention on his Uncle who was smiling knowingly. The youth’s eyes narrowed. So, his Uncle already had figured it out eh? Well. That was fine by him...by the end of the day he’d show both of them just why he shouldn’t be messed with. As he started to dance around Froilin the youth knew just where he should have the Earth shift...he bowed low to touch his foot. Irritated at how Froilin watched his body. Then he snapped his fingers halfway up as he had the magic gathered. Sure enough...the Earth shifted and down went the idiot. He walked over to Froilin. “Let this be a lesson to you...Don’t expect me to allow you to take the lead, just because I’m frail looking and meek.”

At the mute nod he huffed. Then turned to walk back to his area. Done with his lesson for now...

Later on that night, Hulis glanced to his Uncle as he sat in front of the selection of items. There was a staff, a book, a set of beads and a set of runes. He blinked then tilted his head as he looked them over. His Uncle had merely stated to pick up the one he felt was most suitable for him. He hummed as he let his fingers dance over each set. Pausing on the runes...

He pictured himself dancing with the runes playing along. The youth hummed before nodding as he picked one up. "These..."

Word Count: 1,090

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:21 pm
A Simple Date.

When emotions run high and logic outweighs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 pm
A Welcome Visitor
Well, there goes the first kiss...

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:33 pm
Growth Solo
A Quivering Heart

He was ready to burst. The youth had never been so mad in his entire life. His training partner had decided to do something unforgivable. He had gone and etched his name in one of Hulis’ runes. The same rune that sat on the special metal band around his collarbone. The future mystic was fuming as he looked the damage over, could he fix this? He doubted it. With a growl he stood to go to his Uncle. He dropped the rune in front of the elder. “He’s crossing the line now!” the youth exclaimed with a angry gesture to the rune.

His Uncle blinked as he slowly looked the stone over, seeing the etching he blinked once. Leaned over to pick up his staff and knocked the flat end on the floor three times. He then leaned the staff on his table as he hummed. “Easy fix…” he pulled out a small box of the same stone that Hulis was using as his Runes. “Here. Keep these with you. That way if any break you can replace them. Just take a few hours to infuse your magic into them. As for the etching, we’ll have to grind that stone down some Depleting the stone’s power for more charged up attacks.”

As he spoke the elder brought out a flat jagged metal bar. Looking up to Hulis as he heard the youth make a noise. Hulis held out his hands. “Let me, Uncle. Its my Rune.”

As he took the bar from his Uncle and Mentor, the youth felt a sort of pain. He wasn’t expecting it to upset him this much. As he gently started to file the stone to a smooth face. The youth felt his chest tighten as he had to stop once, repressing a small whimper. His Uncle smiled in understanding. “Its painful, isn’t it?” the elder asked.

Hulis stopped to look up to the elder. “Why?”

Elfani sighed as he leaned back to rest on the heels of his hands. “I never really tried to analyze that feeling, it was just this...small part of me. I dislike it when I have to etch anything into my staff. Though, sometimes I feel like it needs this or it needs that. I just go with the feeling and let it take me with the flow.” he chuckled softly. “I suppose with your Rune there...it’s a matter of who carved it and why.”

Hulis blinked as he gently finished, cleaning the stone with a soft cloth before growling. “I’m going to hurt him…”

Elfani shook his head. “Not wise…Froilin is used to fighting. I do not support that idea of going at him in a head on fight.”

Hulis nodded mutely as he finished smoothing out the stone. Sighing the youth then tucked the stone into a pouch as he picked out a new one for his collar. Finding one he got up to walk to his quiet place. His meditation spot for when he just got fed up with everything. It was a lovely rock in the center of a clearing his Mother used to train the scouting beasts how to prowl. He knew her training routines, thus he was able to work around them. As he stepped up to the rock he saw Polaris slip from the nearby natural cover. The large white Janarim taking a sunny spot in the grass not too far away.

It was an odd sense of peace to know that the predator was there. More so to the fact that Hulis knew the beast thought of him as pack. Not prey. He smiled before settling in a comfortable sitting position. Markel jumping up to lay in the sun beside him. Hulis was sitting there for all of ten minutes before Markel growled low. Hulis didn’t even need to open his eyes. Markel had growls for most things that upsetted him. There was a small soft growl for when he was being given too much attention. A high pitched growl when Hulis was in distress which set Markel off. There were seven in all, those were to name two. This growl was the one that Hulis hated hearing the most. It was low, guttural. Bordering on a hiss. Yep, this was his ‘I don’t want you near me’ growl. A growl only two people ever received as their greeting.

One of his Father’s associates who unnerved Hulis and his training partner. Froilin. Hulis inhaled through his nose. Then slowly opened his eyes to look at his training partner. “What?” his tone was short and to the point.

Froilin strode forward, his staff in one hand. Hulis blinked as he noticed that the other youth was slightly scuffed up. Like he tripped or something. A small part of Hulis was rather pleased. Maybe someone taught him a lesson. Hulis closed his eyes again to ignore the other. Froilin spoke. “I think we need to talk.”

Hulis didn’t open his eyes. “About?” keeping his tone short.

The other huffed softly. “Things. Get off the rock and face me.” he demanded.

Hulis hummed as he opened his eyes with a quirked eyebrow. “No.” he did however uncurl himself from his sitting pose to a more relaxed one. He realized that while on the rock he was eye level with the older male. Aha. Dominance game, eh? Hulis hated these. He straightened his back to hold his chin up. “What do you want, Froilin?”

The other seemed to grind his teeth before speaking. “You know I’m interested in you. Why did you let that frilly dancer kiss you in that Inn?”

Hulis blinked. “He’s my childhood friend. Its how we show we trust each other. Nothing for you to analyze.”

The other growled. “Hulis. He has no magic in him. You’d be better off--”

“Froilin.” Hulis cut him off with a sharp glare. “You seem to be forgetting. I am male. I am the firstborn Son of Eirlys and Huyanna. I will never sire a child without properly thinking about it. I will never yield to anyone who thinks their better because of their pride or mine.” He pointed loosely to the other. A little arrogant in his facial expression and posture. “You do not assume that just because you are also a magic user, I belong with you as a partner. I choose my partner. I choose my fate.”

Hulis lowered his hand to his lap. Froilin stood there for a moment, then slowly started to turn away. He got three steps from where he was before slamming his staff into the ground. Hulis felt the rock split beneath him and dove off the stone before he fell into the divet. He sprang to his feet, Markel at his heels. He blinked before dodging the air slash. Rolling off to the side he tapped one of the runes on his arm before using it to channel a air pulse of his own. Meant more to throw Froilin off balance as Hulis stood to run for it. He wasn’t about to get into a fight now. As he made it to his feet the youth felt Markel get swept from his side by a loud thunk. He turned in time to see the end of the staff and his kitten. He turned to fully face Froilin a spell that was going to draw blood on the tip of his tongue before everything spun.

Hulis landed on the soft ground. Before he could even think of a spell he felt the staff being used to lay his arms flat. He struggled against it and looked up to Froilin. He froze at the harsh look he found. The youth went silent as he realized with cold dread that he was pinned. He whimpered. Froilin smirked. “See...you can’t protect yourself. He wouldn’t be able to save you if someone wanted to take you from him. What good is that in a partner?”

Hulis shook his head. “I don’t need to be saved when I got beasts who are terrifying.” he said as a growled roar sounded off from Hulis’ right. Polaris headbutted the older magic student off. Hulis rolling till he was prone totally under the large beast who acted as his shield. Froilin got up dazed. Hulis looked around and blinked as he saw Markel under Polaris as well. He sighed in relief, Markel wasn’t hurt. Seemed as if the feline rolled with the hit and sprang to Polaris’ side. He looked back out to see that Froilin was still there.

“Fine. I’ll see you in Zena.” he growled out before running off. Hulis let out a shaky near scream as he curled on himself. He didn’t like that. He didn’t like that all. Hulis couldn’t stop the tears that fell, he couldn’t stop the fate he had picked for himself, he couldn’t protect himself...

Word Count: 1480

Lesson Learned
Hulis, for all his confidence that he's built over the years till this point has learned that its not always strength in body that matters. He is still weak. His heart right now is shaking, his soul is quivering. Will he recover from something this upsetting? Its entirely up to him...

◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff