Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[FIN] Unsatisfied (Arwarch & Versiersel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:03 pm
User Image

Versiersel was relaxing in the sun, slowly and deliberately cleaning her fur. She knew quite well that males found her attractive, even more so than her mother was. As she had not yet achieved a rank that she felt was worthy of her, 'Siersel was salving her pride by proving that she was desirable.

Not that she was looking for a male to spend some...companionable time with...but it would still make her feel better. Especially given that someone was working hard to make her an aunt.

Ugh, siblings.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:12 pm
User ImageAfter a rather successful Viking in which he had found an interesting selection of bones from a skeleton of some long-dead preybeast, Arwach Môr decided it would be wise to spend some time within the lands he now called home. It was strange to think he had a pride to return to after his adventures, but at the same time it was quite nice. He didn't have to worry about hunting if he didn't wish to, there was always water to drink, and although he wasn't usually one for company, should he wish to chat there were always others around to do just that.

His sister had advised him to get to know some of the pride members so he wouldn't be a lone wolf, so to speak, and he had decided after some thought that she was right. Others needed to know of his aspirations and goals, after all. When he became a Captain he'd need loyal followers to boss around, right?

A rather ethereal lioness caught his eye as he walked and he paused, admiring her pelt from a distance. It almost seemed to glow against the dark ground she was resting on. Deciding she was as good as any to speak to, Arwach headed in her direction.

"I think you missed a spot," he said by way of greeting, nodding to a mildly dirty patch of fur that she probably hadn't gotten to yet.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:23 pm
Pale eyes which had been narrowed in pleasure opened as 'Siersel looked up at her visitor. He wasn't familiar to her on sight, though she supposed he wasn't unattractive. She supposed, based on his looks, that he hadn't been born to the pride, which was also not a bad thing.

"I'm not done yet," she replied. "You, however, need a bath," the lioness informed the male, nodding at his dirt and sweat-covered form. He must have just returned from something - a challenge or a Viking. Or possibly just practice or a scuffle. This was the Myrsky Syntynyt after all, fights weren't that uncommon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 pm
Arwach snorted as the female returned the sentiment. "I suppose that's what happens when you return from a Viking," he said, tossing his head a bit to shake some of the dirt from his mane. "A bit of dirt, probably some blood, perhaps some other leftovers of some kind...it's nice that the sea is not far."

The salt water always curled his fur, but after a day or so it flattened out again. He tilted his head a bit to survey the female, her snarky reply making him more interested than offended.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:07 pm
So he was a Reaver. That was better than being Freeborn, though there were higher ranks available to those who put for the time and effort. It was a shame such was required, instead of instantly recognizing those who were worthy.

Was this male trying to impress her with his willingness to get dirty? With the fact that he'd been busy and involved on the Viking? Frankly, that was what 'Siersel would expect of a male on a Viking, so she accepted these facts as due.

"Then perhaps you should have cleaned up before visiting a lady," the lioness replied coolly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:14 pm
That made Arwach laugh. It was a harsh sound and it was obvious that he was laughing at the female rather than what she said. He was never very good at making friends...granted he wasn't trying that hard right now. She didn't seem the Reaver type, anyway.

"I'll get clean for myself and myself alone, thank you," he said, baring far more teeth than was necessary as he grinned at her. "Even if I was about to meet the Warlord for a chat about becoming a Captain, if I felt like going dirty, I would."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:17 pm
And this was supposed to impress her? That he was rude, crude, and filthy? Versiersel was, frankly, underwhelmed by this arrogant Reaver. Never mind that his rank was technically higher than hers, she was quite confident that one day the pride would recognize the gold and white female's ability.

"That was not an offer," she told the male flatly. "It was a suggestion, but if you'd rather live your life a bachelor, or with other males only, by all means, remain as dirty as you like."

The lioness resumed her cleaning, pointedly ignoring the Reaver before her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:22 pm
"Ah, the life of a bachelor...it's a very lovely one indeed," Arwach said, lifting his head as he took a deep breath of the air. "No nagging females to bother you, no cubs to worry about...just you, yourself, and the day ahead. Mm. That's the life for me."

He shifted after that, moving to walk by the female as she lay on the ground still. Clearly this was not one that he would befriend. Not that he was looking to befriend anyone, simply make acquaintances. At least she knew who he was, perhaps not by name, but by appearance.

"Perhaps we'll meet again, lady," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm on that last word. "And perhaps I'll be clean enough for your tastes then."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:26 pm
"That remains to be seen," Versiersel replied with a sniff. Bachelors. Males didn't seem to realize how undesirable a state it was until they finally made it out and into a better lifestyle. They were oversized cubs who still thought girls were icky and delighted in grossing out anyone who had to come into contact with them.

At least he was leaving now, allowing her to finish cleaning up without further interruption. Perhaps after this she'd find a lion who was worth spending time with.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:28 pm
How dull. Arwach gave a little snort in her direction before heading off towards the sea, fully intent on washing off now that he was home for good. He could rinse his prizes as well before bringing them to someone that might be able to make a nice bracelet or necklace for him to wear. Or perhaps he could weave them into his mane. Braids seemed to be popular here...that might look nice.

FIN  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out