Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:32 pm
User Image

It had always felt like there was something going on with the Motoujamii. There had been invasions, pridal alliances, refugees, all sorts of interesting happenings. And yet now, it seemed the pride had entered a stagnant state, just existing, with lions going about their usual business, but no sort of excitement or buzz around the place. It was strange, but different. Not that Gereh minded. Sometimes, he felt, living as a a lion of the Firekin was very full on.

Today, he'd been delegated the task of hunting, something he enjoyed. He wasn't cut out to be a soldier or a guard, he was tall, but quite a lean lion, so combat wasn't his strongest suit. He still wondered how he had managed to win his duel. Hunting was more up his alley.

He wondered if any of the other hunters or huntresses about wanted to join him. These types of things were much easier when another was involved.

The black lion sat and waited.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm
User Image

Sand, sun, more sand, more sun, and Nisitayeshaua didn't like either of those things any better than she had when she'd first arrived in the desert. Joining had, essentially, been one of those things that just seemed like a good idea at the time. She'd grown up on tales of the Motoujamii - specifically of the old Motoujamii - and it had always been her father's hope that she join the pride rather than return to the swamps. That felt like a very long time ago indeed, that life another life and that home an entirely different world. Though at first she'd had her doubts about her decision, she'd later heard of the swamp being destroyed by fire, and so perhaps it hadn't been such a bad thing that she hadn't returned. What might have happened to her if she hadn't?

But that, too, had been a long time ago, and she rarely thought about it anymore. Today, however, she could think of little but her old home and her old life. Her aunt had announced to her the day before, quite abruptly, that her father was dead, and Nisi believed it. Her aunt was a seer, and they had been twins besides, so there was no reason to doubt.

A curious, detached feeling had settled in, and she had yet to shake it loose. She had never been overly fond of her father, in all honesty, and so she wasn't grieving, but...it was odd. That was the only word she could think of to describe it. Seeking a distraction, she set out to find something to occupy her mind. Hunting, perhaps?  

Meepfur
Captain

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:10 pm
Gereh looked about for one of his hunter friends. He had a couple, though not a whole lot. He'd always been more about the quality rather than the quantity when it came to having other lions in his life. He couldn't spy any though. He figured they were off doing other things, running other errands the Head Hunters had given them.

He did noticed one lioness who seemed familiar, yet he hadn't spoken to. She was almost a rusted red and her mane was slightly darker. He knew she was a huntress as there were regular meetings where all were involved and Gereh was an observant lion. Perhaps she would care to join him.

The black lion padded over to her.

"Hello, I'm Gereh" he started.

"We've not spoken but I know you're a hunter like myself, I've been tasked with a hunt for today, but I could use some assistance, if you weren't busy?"

Murky green eyes looked at the lioness. He realized he sounded kind of creepy, but hoped she wouldn't take it that way.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:35 pm
Ask and ye shall receive.

Nisi had sought a distraction, and one proceeded to ever so kindly present itself in the form of one of the desert's darker-pelted residents. She'd always found it rather odd that there were so many, given how much hotter that had to make them - it was almost too hot for her even after all this time, and she was red! Little white speckles dusted his coat, but they were too far and few between to bring him any relief, she was sure.

"No, I'm not busy," she answered after taking in his appearance. "I was looking for something to do, actually, so you've got good timing. I'm Nisi, Nisitayeshaua."

Vesale

Meepfur
Captain

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:19 pm
Meepfur

"Excellent," he said.

He looked to the north and then to the west, both were typical hunting areas, often holding a herd of preybeast or two. He couldn't make up his mind as to which direction they should go.

"Did you have an preference as to which direction we should take?" he asked his new companion. Sometimes it was easier to let others make decisions.

As he spoke he looked her over a bit more closely. She definitely had to red of the majority of the lions here, yet none of her markings looked familiar. He wondered what her heritage in relation to these lands was. He wasn't going to ask that quite yet though, it may seem a little invasive, especially as he had not actually spoken to her before.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:27 pm
Excellent. Did finding a hunting partner for the day qualify as excellent? Maybe, she supposed, if you were bored. Or, in her case, looking for a distraction.

Nisi followed his gaze, north and then west, and was half-expecting him to just set off one way or the other; since he'd been waiting around for someone to hunt with, she'd assumed he'd have already given some thought to where they'd be hunting, but apparently he hadn't. Or maybe he was just being polite. She wasn't sure how she felt about either option.

"Might as well head north," she decided with a shrug. It didn't matter to her either way, quite frankly, but he asked and so she answered.

Vesale

Meepfur
Captain

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 pm
"North is good," he nodded in agreement and set forth, leading the way.

He looked around at the bustling pride as they walked, there were lions at work all over. Some training, some running errands, of course there were some lazing around but Gereh found that to be quite an uncommon occurrence within the Firekin. You were not likely to find a lazy lion here.

"I wonder what we will find.." he said, his tone a bit too cheerful. He never was good at small talk, he'd be a solitary lion for most of his life, and despite being in the pride for some time now, that part of him still remained the same.

He hoped she didn't think him too odd.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:50 am
In her early days among the Firekin, Nisi had been fascinated by the bustle of life in the pride: everyone was always doing something, and more often than not it seemed to involve training and fighting. It was a far cry from the swamp, where there had been precious little in the way of such things. The Jini-misemi hadn't been lazy, however, just...different. Less martial, less cohesive...less dry.

Though she had long since adjusted to it, Nisi was still not fond of the climate here. And yet here she was.

"Food, ideally," she responded dryly, with a good-humored smile. "I'd hate to go trekking around in this bloody heat for nothing."

Vesale

Meepfur
Captain

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:41 pm
"Ha, yes. We should hope," he nodded in agreement and flicked a smile at her quickly before returning to staring straight ahead. They wouldn't be very good hunters if they couldn't bring back something for the pride to eat. Though they were only a pair, he was sure they would find something that would be worth their while.

"Can't really escape the heat, unfortunately. But I agree, wasting our energy in the sun for naught would not be a great way to spend one's day," he was slowly getting used to the heat. Although his black coat supposedly made him more susceptible to the warmth, at least according to others in the pride, he wasn't one to make a fuss. He just accepted it for what it was. They were living in the desert after all.

They had come to the border of the hub of the pride. Now they had to decide where they should head.

"Any preference for direction?" he asked Nisi.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:45 pm
"Yeah, but I'm sure everyone would really appreciate that, even if we don't come back with anything, we tried our best," she said, voice dripping sarcasm at the end before she snorted. Granted, unsuccessful hunts did happen, but failure wasn't exactly something Firekin seemed to do well - if anything, it was rather foreign to some of them.

He asked again what direction they should head in, double-checking she supposed, and she shrugged. "I'll stick with north. Never let it be said I'm indecisive."

More dryness. She had, in fact, wandered around in the rogue lands for quite awhile before finally making up her mind and heading to the desert.

Vesale
half a year later. orz so so sorry, longest hunt ever.

Meepfur
Captain

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm
"North it is," Gereh said and kept walking in the direction they had initially set out in. "Guess it would be a bit of a waste of time if we changed our minds and headed south back through the pride."

Gereh let out a small laugh at her sarcasm. "Maybe we will get some kind of effort acknowledgement." He highly doubted that. There wasn't really any kind of reward for effort with the Firekin. You either suceeded, or you failed.

He wondered what they might come across, perhaps some stray infant wildebeest, perhaps a lone giraffe. The desert wasn't the most friendly place to most animals.

"Let's hope we're lucky!" He said, sort of a half-prayer. Despite their joking around before, he really didn't want to come back empty handed.

Meepfur
No stress Meep!! P:

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces