Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Not you? Thank goodness! (Reka & Ragnvard)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:29 pm
User Image

Really, all Reka knew was that the lion's name started with R, and that her sister didn't really like to talk about the arrangement. In fact, Seqineq had never once mentioned it to Reka. She'd only found out very recently about the whole thing when talking to their mother, who had casually mentioned that she sometimes wondered if she shouldn't have arranged a marriage for Reka "too."

It had taken all of Reka's self-control not to demand an immediate explanation for that "too," but she'd managed to at least learn the name and family of the lion Seqi was betrothed to. Then she had proceeded to tease her sister about having an arranged marriage until finally Seqi had physically sat on her, which hadn't lasted long, since Reka still outweighed her sister by a good deal, and eventually had ended up sitting on Seqi instead (so there!).

But now it was time to learn more about the lion who would one day marry her sister, and so Reka had set out this morning to talk to Raskogr Holmgeirson. She felt very sure of herself, standing outside the den, but when no one immediately responded to her salutation she poked her head inside, having used up most of her good manners for the morning.

Tanakako
I figured I'd set this back when Seqineq and Reka are adolescents (and so Reka's kind of chubby still). I'm not sure how old that would make Ragnvard.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:59 am
User Image

It had been a very long night. First the Viking, an interseting affair to be sure where they had trailed a pack of hyenas, killed a bunch and skinned them, and eaten the pack's kill. They had taken loot too, several pieces of jewllery and some furs. When they got back to the pride they had eaten again, feasted really, with plenty of fermented fruit and mint. A sleek and lithe female had kept him company for most of the feast, a pretty little freeborn that he couldn't recall the name of, but who had provided an excellent night's entertainment once they had gotten back to his den. She was still there, asleep curled up on the spare furs that lay scattered about. Ragnvard himself was resting on the thick pile of sleeping furs, sore and stiff but sated and full of energy.

Yawning hugely he let the low roar-yawn rumble free. As deep and loud as it was it didn't wake the female, he noted with a smug grin as he glanced back at her, curled up and breathing slowly in the back of the den. He would have to get her name when she woke, he wouldn't mind having her again. And soon. She had been a lot of fun. Realising he was hungry he stretched, thinking of leaving to go find breakfast when a head suddenly popped into the entrance. Ears flicking he arched a brow at it. Her.

"Yes...?" He rumbled, stranding and moving forwards with the intention of leave his den, whether or not she moved out of his way first was her problem.

Princess_Feylin
Ran and Ras are from the same litter, so I guess he's an adol too.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:07 am
Reka startled backward when a large lion rumbled a yawn and emerged from the den's shadows. It was not so much his appearance that had startled her as her sudden recognition of the scent she'd picked up on as soon as she stuck her head into the den. Sex. The den smelled strongly of sex.

"Just a thought, but you might want to air out your den before anyone else comes over," she snapped. "It reeks."

That hadn't been how she intended to greet her brother-in-law-to-be, but she also hadn't expected to be met with the lion she now scowled at. Sisterly attachment and loyalty meant that Reka was incensed on Seqineq's behalf that her betrothed was apparently sleeping around while Seqi was required to remain untouched.

"I can't believe you," she added with palpable disdain.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:50 am
He flicked an ear at her as she snapped waspishly. In truth he was barely listening, instead focused on his mission to get breakfast. The female from last night might even be there when he got back, in which case he would look forward to round... whatever it was. It had been a very active night. With that in mind he stepped past his angry visitor, clearing the den's entrance before stretching mightily. He knew he was handsome, plenty of females told him so all the time, and he was most certainly a powerful fighter, he won far more duals and sparring matches than he lost. Also his name meant 'powerful fighter', he generally assumed it had been an omen. His confidence was huge, and his ego wasn't much smaller. He knew this, and he did not care.

Flicking a look at his irate guest he grinned broadly at her. It would likely annoy her further and if she was going to shout at him, he might as well give her something to shout about.

"Pardon me, but do I know you?" He asked easily, tail flicking as he stood up to his full height, burnished copper coat rippling over hard muscle. Sure, he was posing, but it was automatic. He knew he was intimidating and he enjoyed it.

Princess_Feylin

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:29 am
Rather than being annoyed, Reka was actually silenced momentarily. She had been all ready to launch into a tirade about how he didn't deserve her sister if he was going to be such a disloyal lout, but being reminded that the two of them had never met brought her up short. Temporarily.

"You should know me," she informed him, seamlessly switching gears to nag him about a different failing.

Reka refused to be intimidated by his posing. She had older brothers who were also large and inclined to stand in towering poses. Instead she moved to plant herself in his path and continue berating him:

"If you had ever had the decency to spend any time with the family you're marrying into, you almost certainly would know me. The fact that you don't just further lowers my opinion of you."

Reka was actually beginning to feel genuinely sorry for Seqi, being betrothed to a lion like this. Not that he wasn't good looking and well-developed for a lion of their age, but still. He was inexcusably rude. Of course, it was theoretically possible that he didn't know about her because Seqi had never mentioned her to him, which was awful of Seqi, but Reka could take that out on her later.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 am
Her reply promoted him to peer more closely at her. She seemed so certain that he actually spent a moment dredging through his memory for her face. But nope, he came up entirely blank. Just as he was about to tell her so and ask if she was mistaken, her next words startled a loud laugh free. Well! That explained it!

"Marrying? You are terribly mistaken. I'm not marrying anyone." He grinned at her, highly amused at her error and only vaguely curious about who she had mistaken him for. After all, he was fairly certain there weren't that many male sin the pride who could possibly be mistaken for him. Still chuckling he looked down at her, head tilting. "Mayhaps if you could supply a name for your husband-to-be, I can point you in his direction." He grinned. He did kind of pity the lion who was soon to be married. She didn't seem like a lioness who would behave herself and stay home with the cubs. She certainly had guts, which he could kind of admire, though she really did need to work out some more.... He eyed her rather rounded body with a raised brow.

Princess_Feylin

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:11 am
Reka responded to the lion's closer examination with a narrowed gaze of her own. When he actually laughed at her, her eyes were slitted so that it was a wonder she could even see him. Her lips had also peeled back very slightly from her teeth so that the pointed tips of her longest teeth just barely showed.

"Oh no?" she demanded, sitting up very tall and proud. "Are you sure about that? Perhaps you should talk to your family, because I'm given to understand the arrangement's been in place for quite some time."

She had also been under the impression that both of the Stormborn involved had been aware of the arrangement, but it was possible that his family hadn't seen fit to inform him of his eventual nuptials. He didn't seem like the sort who would take well to married life. She felt a great swell of pity for Seqi and hoped her sister wouldn't have the bad luck to actually fall in love with him, because he was so obviously going to hurt anyone who was that unfortunate.

"Ha! I'm not the one getting married. But if I was, and it was to you, Holmgeirson, I would break off the engagement. You're an a**, and I feel deeply sorry for my sister."

Tanakako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:28 am
It took a moment, his golden eyes regarding her bristling and growling form closely, intently, studying her with an uncomfortable level of scrutiny. She seemed sane, and totally believed in what she was saying. Tilting his head he arched a brow.

He snorted, then roared with laughter. It took a while but eventually he calmed enough to speak, eyes amused and fangs gleaming behind the sardonic smirk that curled across his muzzle "Ahhhhh. You are referring to Raskogr." He finally replied, still laughing under his breath, greatly tickled by the mistake on her behalf.

Snickering still he bowed his head to her. "I am Ragnvard, Raskogr is my younger brother. A Lawspeaker or at least one in training, currently." He smirked, greatly amused that she had mistaken him for the skinny bag of bones that was his sharp-tongued weakling of a brother. He also seemed amused by the rest of her piqued tirade, smirking at her as he looked her over. "Have no fear, I would not marry you even if you asked, or begged. You are not my type. Seqi however.... " He trailed off with a lavasious look on his face at the memory of the pretty lioness who was his sibling's betrothed. Had she been slightly more amenable he may have considered her for himself. But as it was, he was very much looking forward to watching Raskogr get bullied by her. She was too good for his sniveling whimp of a sibling.

Princess_Feylin

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 am
Raskogr? Was that the name of her sister's husband-to-be? Huh. Well, Reka had been correct in saying it started with R, at least. That tiny victory did little to ease the mortification surging through her veins, bringing blood to darken the thinner skin on her nose and ears in a blush.

"A lawspeaker? Well, at least one of you is doing something useful with himself," she replied sniffily. "Given what you're like, I very much doubt you'll be rising any higher in the pride, Ragnvard."

As she emphasized his name, Reka was making a mental note that he was awful for when she next spoke to Seqi. She would have many things to tell her sister at that meeting, and most of them would be unpleasant. Seqi should have warned her about Ragnvard.

For a brief time Reka was silent, biting back several potential retorts to Ragnvard's dismissal. Begging! As if she would ever beg. At last she decided that perhaps she really didn't need to say anything more at all. He wasn't marrying Seqi, there was really no reason for her ever to speak to him again. That was actually a cheering enough thought that she was able to bring a smug smile to her face.

"I think I've wasted enough time with you," she told him cheerily as she stood up and made ready to leave. "Hope you don't fall off a cliff. I guess."

Tanakako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:14 am
He grinned unabashed as she blushed and then berated him. Her words didn't bother him, he already had his own future mapped out and was well on the way to achieving his goals. None of which included getting married, so whatever...

As she stood and made to leave he lifted a paw and wiggled it at her, a sly grin on his maw. "Say hi to my brother when you find him." He said, his grin broadening, knowing and smug. "I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of each other once the two of them shack up." He got the distinct impression that she didn't like him, which was mutual so that's was fine by him, but the idea of irritating her with just his proximity appealed to his sadistic nature. There would be much fun to be had.

"See you soon dumpling." He smirked.

Princess_Feylin
lol I'd love to hear what she has to say after he becomes a Captain. XD

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items