Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Saba'nyumba Lands
[SRP - Fire] A Fresh Face (Eira x Adonis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:57 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stretching her paws out, Eira let out a yawn. She was at the edge of the Fire House's area, her eyes watching some of the shapes moving in the heart of their territory. Unless there was an active threat or problem, days could be pretty slow for a Warrior. Things had been so peaceful that she'd hoped she wasn't losing her touch or her skills dulling. Sometimes, some of the warriors would trade guard and patrol duty with the Metal House, just to give them something active to do. Otherwise, they'd be reduced to lazy days.

After another yawn, her eyes caught something moving towards her. It was coming from the heart of their lands - maybe someone was coming back from a special assignment or something, or from visiting family or friends in another house. Her pink eyes remained fixed on it as it neared, and her brow furrowed a little as it seemed to continue straight toward her.

Holding his head high, Adonis' eyes had been wandering the whole time he was meeting with members of the council. He had just joined this pack, and they were trying to decide where he would fit best. He was a proud male, anyone could see, and they had decided after watching him for a few days that he was also 'headstrong, fiery, and quite flirtatious.' Which, according to him, headstrong was just a grumpy way of saying 'always right.' He smirked while thinking back on the conversation, mostly ignoring the dog in front of him that has trying to give him instructions. "Yeah yeah, okay, find the white one with the purple tipped tail, got it."

After determining that he'd best fit in the Fire House (and while also insinuating that training would be 'good' for him), they'd assigned him a mentor to teach him the ways of the pack and the Fire House, while also training him to be a warrior. After hearing it was a girl he'd be mentoring under, he couldn't wait to find her.

Quickly leaving his guide, he made a bee-line for the Fire House; it wasn't long until his sharp eyes spotted a white figure lounging at the edges. He wasn't sure if it was who he was looking for, but it was the best starting point.

Keeping her eyes on the approaching figure, Eira could tell that he was a stranger. His purple coat, spotted along his shoulders - she had never seen anyone in the pack like that. Even though she didn't know him, he must have gotten permission to be here from the council - otherwise, the guards wouldn't have let him through. And, the fact that he was coming from the center of the pack lands told her that he must have some kind of business here.

The fact that he could be a new member crossed her mind for a moment; they would have told her if they were sending someone new to their house though, wouldn't they? Maybe they told the Leader, but word never got down to her. She glanced down for a moment, thinking that maybe she just got left out of the information train. But still, even if they were sending someone new, what would they want with her?

Oh. Oh.

Did they expect her to mentor? She had never mentored an adult before, and this figure looked fully grown. With pups, she just had to show them the basic ropes, and most warrior training had always been done in groups with other existing warriors. She had always turned down their requests for her to mentor new members; Eira preferred to not be dragged down by inexperienced fresh meat.

"Please walk past me." She mumbled under her breath as the figure became clearer, coming up to her.

Adonis' eyes were fixed on the white figure; it was obvious where he was headed at this point. His pace quickened as he realized that the other dog was probably expecting his arrival at this point.

Coming up, he paused in front of her, looking down with a smile. His eyes moved from her bright pink eyes all the way along her body, right down to her purple-tipped tail. "You!" His breathing was heavy from rushing over. "You're just who I was looking for." He flashed his canines in a smile - for a mentor, she was kind of cute.

"My name is Adonis." He lowered his head, extending on paw out in front of him in a bow. "And I've been told that you will be my mentor." He paused, just anticipating how excited she must be to have such a stellar pupil. But her silence just seemed to go on. "I, uh," his smile faded a little, not sure if she wanted him to say something else. "I just joined! And they decided today which house that I would fit best in. So, I guess we're kind of like family now!" It was a little odd for him, being a part of a pack now, but he was excited for the new company and friends it brought, as well as the protection. And as cheesy as the word 'family' sounded to him, he was secretly loving being able to use it now.

An audible sigh could be heard from Eira’s lips. This was not how she had planned on spending her day. “Eira.” She said curtly. Her eyes closed slowly, letting out many deep breaths. “Like family, yes. You have a ways to go before you become family.” Her pink eyes flicked up at him, and she tried to keep an obvious scowl from her face. After all, it wasn’t really his fault that they had sent him to her - he was just unfortunate enough that they had.

“I don’t usually work with adults.” She took a few steps, leaning her front torso down in a stretch. “You’ll have to follow every instruction I give, even if it sounds silly.” She started for the heart of the pack, where she usually trained.

“Well then, let’s begin.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
--  

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm
--  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:42 pm
--  

Polette