Submit

Do you want to change your life?
  YES PLS
  Nah I'm good
View Results

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:55 am

Hello Ladies. My name is Emily, otherwise known as Chemism.
Today is the day I will change my life. I have decided to step up, and make decisions for myself. I have been in a rut for the past 3-4 years and it is time for me to change. F*CK my anxiety, my insecurities, my fears, f*ck everything about my old life. I'm making this thread to keep me motivated, and to keep track of my goals. I sit here today, with a cup of coffee in my hand, and the desire to succeed in my heart. I deserve better than the sh*tty retail job I have now. I deserve better than living paycheck to paycheck. I DO deserve to have fun, make friends, learn to dance (because HOLY SH*T I was always too afraid to! Why was I so afraid of what people thought of me?! LIKE IT MATTERS!) and live life to the fullest without being so scared.

I'm here to inspire me, and to inspire you. If you don't like your life, you can change it. It's scary at first, but nothing will change if you keep doing the same things over and over. "If you want to live a life you've never lived, you have to do things you've never done"

Keeping tack of my goals as such:

1. Quitting my shitty a** job (Kinda need money now though)
2. Going back to school (IN PROGRESS)
3. Finding an awesome new job (I WILL NO LONGER BE MISERABLE)
4. Travel to another country for the first time EVER
5. I don't even know bruh

Only good vibes here people, good vibes! mrgreen

⇣⇣ UPDATES ⇣⇣

8/10/15:
I've finally started to do the things I've always wanted. This year I'm finally going to comic con for the first time ever (I bought the tickets) AND I applied to take my GED/TASC test next month(YAAAS GURL). The only downfall is my best friend(male) seems to be avoiding me. It hurts my heart so much, because he's the most positive person I know, and something seems to have happened between us following an overnight trip to an amusement park. Maybe there were too many feelings involved? He knows I'm in a relationship. Basically we went out to an amusement park and hung out, then followed it up with a night at a hotel (OMG I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SO BAD BUT LIKE, HE'S LIKE MY BROTHER. :V) but honestly there was just a bunch of wine, laughs and youtube videos. I'm not the kind of person to cheat on my boyfriend, or sleep with my friends. After that he's kind of been avoiding me. Maybe he wanted something to happen? He knows I don't like him like that, and I've been with my boyfriend for 4+ years. It just feels weird because he used to motivate me so much, and now he isn't there at all for me when I've been needing it most. I'm seriously missing my best friend, and maybe a little bit more than I should. Is this a sign of something? I feel so confused.

9/17/15:
Yesterday was day one of my TASC(GED) exam! Today is my last and final day. I'm pretty sure I did horribly in math, but aced pretty much everything else. I'm so excited to get my results, but I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks. Honestly I didn't even think my request to take the test was accepted but I got the acceptance letter just a week ago. Now to move on to what was mentioned above. My (ex?) best friend and I still haven't spoken, and I actually feel fine with it now. If he doesn't want to be my friend that's fine. I'm still an amazing person without him, and the only person I need to motivate me is myself. Honestly it's been me doing it all this time anyway. I'm not sure if this thread is helping anyone out there, but if anyone is reading this just remember you have to work hard to get the things you want. You have to do things you've never done. It's scary, so scary, but they'll take you where you want/need/deserve to be. Remember to love yourself too.

10/28/15:
This is just a small update. After completing my TASC exam I went back to work for awhile. I wanted to update this because today I was contacted by an old manager of mine who wants to interview me for a management position at a Moleskin store. Said position will be making 40k a year plus commissions, AND benefits. THAT. IS. AMAZING. Right now at my current job I make roughly 18-19k a year and I have no benefits at all. I KNOW I can do this. I'm SO excited for tomorrow. I will put my best food forward. Tomorrow will be the biggest day of my life yet. Please, people of Gaia with me luck! I'll need all of it.

10/29/15:
Oh. My. God. Today my sister came home with a handful of mail and something was in there for me. A long, rectangular envelope. Guess what was inside? My GED Diploma. I AM SO HAPPY! SO MANY AMAZING THINGS HAVE BEEN HAPPENING TO ME THIS WEEK. I've been trying sooooo hard to stay happy because a LOT of bad things have been happening lately but I know because I stood positive that these things have been happening. So I didn't get the management position for the new job, but I am going to be interviewed as a full time employee which I can't wait for because it's still a lot easier than my current job and the pay is also better. I'm so happy. I feel great!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:33 pm
It's hard to stay positive. It is something that I struggle, because my personality only see things the WORSE, the negative way...

It's when I talk about my frustration, sadness, etc to some friends that sometimes they would try to encourage me or make me see the positive way.

When I was unemployed I've read and watch videos on motivation, life coaching, every thing that was related to self-development and I noticed there's always a lot of positivism and self-confidence.

Good luck !  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:43 pm
*UPDATES*

mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:28 pm
Chemism
*UPDATES*

mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
When people start to avoid you, it's like... they can't handle telling you directly what's going on, what's disturbing them... Yeah, it is pretty confusing. sad maybe one day he will come back. You can always try to talk to him.. Like , Hey , How are you ....  

Miss_XxAriaxX

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:03 pm
Eh, boys get in the way. ; ) Good job!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:45 am
*A new update* [:  

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:03 pm
*New update, so happy!*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm
Chemism
*New update, so happy!*

LIFE IS SHORT WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY smile AND MY BIRTHDAY IS NOVEMBER 4 NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY smile  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:53 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
*New update, so happy!*

LIFE IS SHORT WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY smile AND MY BIRTHDAY IS NOVEMBER 4 NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY smile

Yaaas! Happy early birthday!!! Enjoy every single minute of it!! emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm
Chemism
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
*New update, so happy!*

Aw thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Such an adorable quote!!!!!! What is your name ? My name is Sarah  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:40 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
*New update, so happy!*

Aw thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Such an adorable quote!!!!!! What is your name ? My name is Sarah

I'm Emily, it's nice to meet you Sarah! How old are you turning, if you don't mind me asking? emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:53 pm
Chemism
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
yummycupcakessparkles
Chemism
*New update, so happy!*

I'm Emily, it's nice to meet you Sarah! How old are you turning, if you don't mind me asking? emotion_c8

Its nice to meet you too and i will be 28 years old  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items