Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
New to the Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Last Wordslinger

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 pm
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to this guild and, honestly, I don't know where to begin!

I have extensive experience in Shadowrun 4e and 3.5 D&D, along with some minor experience in Exalted...

Tips? Suggestions? Helpful advice?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:24 pm
Advice? Run! No, that was a joke.....

Welcome! The Guild seems a bit slow as of late, although you won't notice that I guess because you have only just joined. I assume you are looking for a game then? Might I suggest Merc Work a fine game run by mister Rain Yupa and which is always recruiting. Or you can just hang around and wait for a new game to pop up. Like I said the Guild is being a bit slow, although I believe a couple of 3.5 games are recruiting. Have fun!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm
I'm running a 3rd Ed. Shadowrun game, with only two people at the moment. We just did the warm-up, and are about to start the actual campaign. If you're interested in trying SR3, now would be good timing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm
It's lots of fun and Kamikazi is an understanding DM.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sephiro-sai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 pm
I'm a new member myself. Just joined half an hour ago and I'm not sure what games are completely open. I'd much rather join a game that is trying to gain interest so I can be in a game from its start and go to a finish. I've played D&D for years, but have yet to ever play a true campaign. Me and my friends can rarely get together and my dad isn't a DM that is very consistent about playing when we ask him to play. We've started 3 campaigns in total and I have yet to get any of those past a level 8 checkpoint, let alone level 10. The rest of our adventures have been just that, random adventures pulled from the internet. xP  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm
NayrVentess
Advice? Run! No, that was a joke.....

Welcome! The Guild seems a bit slow as of late, although you won't notice that I guess because you have only just joined. I assume you are looking for a game then? Might I suggest Merc Work a fine game run by mister Rain Yupa and which is always recruiting. Or you can just hang around and wait for a new game to pop up. Like I said the Guild is being a bit slow, although I believe a couple of 3.5 games are recruiting. Have fun!

Thank you! I appreciate the suggestion and will look into the Merc Work game. I may just lurk for a while until a game starts or may start one myself if I'm feeling ambitious

KamikaziFreak
I'm running a 3rd Ed. Shadowrun game, with only two people at the moment. We just did the warm-up, and are about to start the actual campaign. If you're interested in trying SR3, now would be good timing.

I don't know 3e Shadowrun very well...is that much of an issue?  

The Last Wordslinger

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 pm
Nah, should be fine. I'm willing to teach the rules, and you already know the setting.

I'm using pre-gen characters, but you'd get a choice between 3 different ones, and people usually like my characters. I described them earlier as:

Quote:
Stealthy, British - A female human special agent, lightly cybered, recently out of work.

Thoughtful, Introspective - A dwarf with amnesia, cyberlimbs, and only 4 days of memories.

Quiet, disciplined - A blind female human adept, of the katana-wielding variety.

I was kinda hoping someone would play the dwarf as he's actually a pretty cool character, though the amnesia thing's not really what some people want. The special agent is pretty cool, sort of a high-tech spy type with decent weapons ability. The blind adept is a little cliche, but it's cliche because it is a cool concept. She's also pretty much a cross between what we've already got (cyber-soldier and owl shaman) so she might not add a lot. Still, she's a choice.

And always, questions are welcome about anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm
KamikaziFreak
Nah, should be fine. I'm willing to teach the rules, and you already know the setting.

I'm using pre-gen characters, but you'd get a choice between 3 different ones, and people usually like my characters. I described them earlier as:

Quote:
Stealthy, British - A female human special agent, lightly cybered, recently out of work.

Thoughtful, Introspective - A dwarf with amnesia, cyberlimbs, and only 4 days of memories.

Quiet, disciplined - A blind female human adept, of the katana-wielding variety.

I was kinda hoping someone would play the dwarf as he's actually a pretty cool character, though the amnesia thing's not really what some people want. The special agent is pretty cool, sort of a high-tech spy type with decent weapons ability. The blind adept is a little cliche, but it's cliche because it is a cool concept. She's also pretty much a cross between what we've already got (cyber-soldier and owl shaman) so she might not add a lot. Still, she's a choice.

And always, questions are welcome about anything.

I'll play the dwarf! I don't think I've done the dwarf idea for a while...I usually play the hacker/TM/rigger something or other so venturing away from that should be a nice change of pace.  

The Last Wordslinger

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:11 pm
Well, just see what pops up mostly. I'm wondering how many people in this guild have ADnD experience now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 pm
Yay! That's also the one that requires the least typing things up in advance, since you start with a blank character sheet.

The game is going on here, so that's where things will be happening. The current pace is that most of us are able to check in a couple times a day, but I should be able to accomidate if you're not able to be online quite that much.  

KamikaziFreak

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm
HEY SLINGS!!! Nice to see that you finally found this place man! I don't care what those guys/gals have said above me, but they are all really nice and understanding when in gameplay. We have loads of fun here discussing various topics, and playing games.

Anyways, its always nice to see another friend join a guild that I've already been in/just joined. I hope that we'll get to play together in another game outside the 'Goblins' webcomic game we're playing at the other guild!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 pm
I was about to say, "aren't you from that new Goblins guild Yurro was trying to sell us on?" I was checking it out, and remember your name from that smile

Merc Work is a game with no player limit, and people can change their teams between missions at their leisure. There's three teams out right now, so I'm kind of waiting for them to get back. Though getting people to post is the hard part (I'm looking at you, New Discovery team!).

Brave New World will probably need new members, and they're ALMOST finished the mission. Sometime on floor 2 of Dungeon Crawl Extravaganza, there'll be an opportunity for new team members, but again, like in MW, getting people to post is becoming a chore.

I do hope to see you in one of my games. Or, failing that, maybe in the Goblins guild soon enough! (Probably after my vacation in a month)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm
Hey Rain, is it allowable for someone (me) to have more than one character in Merc Work?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:46 pm
I'd rather not, at least not actively. They can have more than one character sheet, but they can only play one character at a time.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Seiryna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:50 pm
Sephiro-sai
I'm a new member myself. Just joined half an hour ago and I'm not sure what games are completely open. I'd much rather join a game that is trying to gain interest so I can be in a game from its start and go to a finish. I've played D&D for years, but have yet to ever play a true campaign. Me and my friends can rarely get together and my dad isn't a DM that is very consistent about playing when we ask him to play. We've started 3 campaigns in total and I have yet to get any of those past a level 8 checkpoint, let alone level 10. The rest of our adventures have been just that, random adventures pulled from the internet. xP

this sounds like how ALL D&D games go XD people SAY they've actually played a full game/campaign...but I don't believe them <.< I've started about 500 after almost 8 years or more of playing...and have yet to have one last more then a month XD

Quote:

Well, just see what pops up mostly. I'm wondering how many people in this guild have ADnD experience now.

I have the AD&D books on my computer, but never really got in to it...I like some of the ideas, but it seems to restrictive for me, with boring races lol, I know I'm picky...and worse of all...rogues can't read............not being able to read kills the whole game for me XD  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games