Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Monster Manual 3: I love Amazon! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:52 am
Psychofish
Yeah, that one and a couple 3.5 MM3's that weren't marked as 4e or 3.5 are all I've found anywhere.

Then again, my usual sources are piratebay, 4chan, and googling it.
same. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 pm
Ultimately, I'm probably the happiest to see the MM3 Elementals, more than any other critter in that book. It's about darned time they had just regular single-typed elementals. I was beginning to think that they'd NEVER figure it out.

I'm confused as to the Catastrophic Dragons are elites, instead of solos. It's like, "of all the dragons that sided with the primordials, only the strongest survived the transformation! But they're still weaker than all other dragons....."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 am
Rain Yupa
Ultimately, I'm probably the happiest to see the MM3 Elementals, more than any other critter in that book. It's about darned time they had just regular single-typed elementals. I was beginning to think that they'd NEVER figure it out.
I had actually assumed they were replacing "regular old elementals" with the archons, as the flavor of archons is them being the footsoldiers of the primordial side of the dawn war (i.e. standard fare for elementals), and they were the only ones that weren't mix and match elements (though there were weird ones, like ice, and the four main elements weren't all covered in one place). the inclusion of the elementals in this was a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
I'm confused as to the Catastrophic Dragons are elites, instead of solos. It's like, "of all the dragons that sided with the primordials, only the strongest survived the transformation! But they're still weaker than all other dragons....."
I'm also a little weirded out by this. also volcanic and blizzard dragons have no elemental resistances (or weaknesses, but that I can get over). they are made of lava and ice respectively with a glowing elemental core. wtf wizards?

I could probably rationalize them all being elites with something like they were all the most craven and cowardly of the dragons anyway, they're probably weaker than the metallic and chromatic dragons that just decided they had plenty of balls already after Io got dead.

the real reason is that it's just easier to give them minions and/or allies to fight with when they aren't solos and/or their weird catastrophic aura mechanic would've just bogged them down if they had to stuff more immediate actions and/or attacks on top of that to get solo damage output and action allotment. If there's a third draconomicon I wouldn't be surprised to see extra powers or more stat blocks to bump these three into solos, kinda like the alternate powers from the other two and "how to make elites" from the second.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am
SporkMaster5000
Psychofish
Yeah, that one and a couple 3.5 MM3's that weren't marked as 4e or 3.5 are all I've found anywhere.

Then again, my usual sources are piratebay, 4chan, and googling it.
same. xp

*Cough*4shared.*Cough*  

joe-dude667

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:58 am
Nada. Just a 2-page review and a bazillion 3.5 manuals.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:06 am
Finally found a copy of the Monster Manual 3. I got it off 4chan, but there's a couple fakes on its rapidshare board too.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 am
Psychofish
Finally found a copy of the Monster Manual 3. I got it off 4chan, but there's a couple fakes on its rapidshare board too.
yeah. their /tg/ board is full of people who got the MM3, people who got a fake download and don't trust any of them anymore, and trolls. it's kinda amusing whenever a thread about it come up.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff