Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Resolved it myself... sorry.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:07 am
Player's Handbook 3.5 pg.
If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. Fighting in this way is very hard, however, and you suffer a –6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a –10 penalty to the attack with your off hand. You can reduce these penalties in two ways:
 If your off-hand weapon is light, the penalties are reduced by 2 each. (An unarmed strike is always considered light.)
 The Two-Weapon Fighting feat lessens the primary hand penalty by 2, and the off-hand penalty by 6.

Let me make sure I am reading this right.

As from what I can remember everyone I know has always ran Two-weapon fighting that you off hand weapon extra attack occurs at the end of a full-attack action.

But from what I am getting at in bold there and the fact that I have looked over and over and can't find it saying that anywhere it requires the full-attack action, not even in the errata. I am led to believe that the way that I and everyone I know has been running this wrong.

This sounds to me that even if my level 10 Human Ranger with two-weapon fighting moved up 30ft he gets one attack with his primary hand but not is other granted BAB attacks. But in addition to this he gets his off hand attack as it says he gets one extra attack per round while wielding an second weapon. That's what it sounds like to me.

So please let me know your thoughts and if you can find some ruling to prove that its only at the end of a full-attack action.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:38 am
Umm.. alright. so I finally found it and for anyone that would like to know its on page 143 of the PHB it stated under full attack.

Sorry to trouble you. ^_^  

Archfiend Damio

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:32 am
Silly Jester, you think that EVERYONE would be running it wrong?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games