Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Discussion: Yourself as a character

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever thought about this before?
  Yes.
  ... yes.
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 am
Have you ever wondered what things would be like if you lived in a different time, a different place, than you do now? Not any different time or place, mind you, but the specific time and place of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse.

But who would you be, if you were one of those brave adventurers that fearlessly fended off dragons, beholders, and liches with naught but your gear, your wits, and your friends guarding your back?

What is YOUR class? What are YOUR stats? What is YOUR play style?

Discuss :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 am
Rob, as a PC...

Best stats: Constitution, Wisdom.
Okay stats: Dexterity, Intelligence.
Dump stats: Strength, Charisma.
Class: Paladin, possibly with some rogue multiclass.

I made this thread knowing my own stat spread, but I hadn't really considered my class yet. I'm not aggressive enough to be a fighter, not studious enough to be a wizard, not emotional enough to be barbarian. So, what am I?

As much as I want to say Druid, because I love nature and wildlife, I'm not sure if I love it enough (though I have the stats for it). From personality alone, I'm mostly a Paladin by nature, but of a Nature-themed Deity. I'm a protector by nature, so it really would be the class for me.

Because, as I've said a couple times in my history in the guild, as well as all throughout 3.5 class... I hate playing paladins. It just... they don't appeal to me as something I want to do. Which, in of itself, speaks that the reason I play D&D and similar games in the first place, is to ESCAPE what I am and become someone else. This is why I knew, upon realization, that I would be a Paladin.

However, I love to outwit and outthink opponents, and there's a bit of rogue in me. My obsession of being in someone's midst as long as I can before they notice my presence speaks for itself. Also, ninjas > pirates 4EVAR.

I used the terms above "dump stats", but I think it would be a bit of a misnomer. I'm not weak nor uncharasmatic. But by nature, I'm looking at +0 bonuses, at most +1's, which is hardly optimal. The amount of head injuries I've taken and didn't even get phased speaks volumes of my constitution, and my common sense and instinct is above average compared to most people I deal with on a daily basis.

So, I'm looking at a lighter-armored, finesse paladin, which is atypical of what the standard paladin actually is. But, those of you who's observed my character choices in the past, know that optimization has never been my priority. To me, its rewarding when you take the road less traveled, because the journey leaves you with so many more fond memories, and if I can still get to the same destination as those who took the easier path to get to, then I feel that I earned it, and that I'm a better person for it.

... though in this potential setting, multiple Raise Deads might be in order. ninja  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 am
Zach as a character... hmm...

Good stats: Dexterity, Intelligence
Decent Stats: Strength, Wisdom, Constitution
Dump Stats: Charisma

I'd probably just be a Paladin, but as a Squire rather than a legit character. After all, I'm not the hero type. I'm the kind of person who tries to avoid a fight. But, at the same time, if I saw someone getting hurt by a monster, and I had my Master's weapons on hand, I'd rush in without a second thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am
Best stats: Intelligence, Wisdom

Okay stats: Strength, Charisma

Fluctuating stat: Dexterity. Sometimes, I'm way too stiff or sore to move correctly or while I may be able to move, I can't grab anything or whatever. However, my reflexes are still really good. In high school, we did a Rifts campaign where we were sucked into rifts and changed due to them. My dexterity was calculated at 18 (the GM wanting 18 to be the max).

Dump stats: Constitution- mainly because I don't have the ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and on some days, other things as well. My feet are in so much pain that I'd rather have them removed, really... sometimes, my hands are affected or really, even, other parts of my body (below my head) without my RA, this wouldn't be a problem. However, because of my RA, I believe my Wisdom has gone up a lot and my Intelligence a little more than it normally would have.

Hmm... class-wise... not sure there. I'm good at sneaking around, great with dealing with cats. I'm like the cat-whisperer... seriously. I do all sorts of arts/crafts and have good common sense and a lot of knowledge. I can learn things really quick. I'd be able to be a wizard-like class, for sure. Without my RA limitation, I could be a monk or scout/ranger. If I was anything like a rogue, I'd be a neutral good one. I'm more good than lawful, I'll have to say. I like to help people as much as I can and can't stand seeing someone or something suffer without doing something to help. I don't kill bugs... and don't watch them being killed or look at the aftermath. When there's bugs in the house, I pick them up and carry them outside.

Without my RA limitation, I say scout/ranger or monk (I did take martial arts and gymnastics in grade school- high school and learned them fast)... most likely the scout or ranger.

With my RA limitation, something that uses intellect, wisdom, charisma or a mix of those three. I'd do well as a cleric or as a wizard/sorcerer, especially if I could ride a horse and be off my feet as much as possible.

So... would I be doing Western-style riding or English-style? Hmm... they probably had only English-style tack back then. Yes, I could take care of said horse... I have that knowledge, as well. I know how to ride both styles and if I grin and bear it, can also handle jumps.  

Mokumegane

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 am
Jay, as a PC...

Best stats: Str, Con
Okay Stats: Int, Wis
Dump Stats: Dex, Cha

Hm, now class is interesting. If I were to get into a fight, it would be out of pure rage. Plus, I'm good with animals. I'm leaning more toward an awkwardly smart barbarian, I think.

My personality fits it. I get very pissed, very quickly, and I am the "cut off his nose to spite his face" archtype as well. If I'm mad, I don't care if I go down, I'm going to do everything I can to make your life a living hell. >: ) The Dutch have always been a stubborn people...

Despite my average height, I'm a big guy; the kind that's always asked to help move a coach. stare I also consider my endurance to be abnormally high. I've always been able to tough out uncomfortable situations better than anyone else I know.

I know that I'm smarter than most people I see on a daily basis (since I work at a restaurant, and all the customers are idiots -_-; ), and I have a firm grasp on common sense, but I don't think I'm the smartest guy out there.

I look... average at best, so Cha is dumped, and though I have good hand-eye coordination and quick hands, my feet are retarded. Even though I would love to learn boxing, I would have a long road to get my footwork up to snuff. Plus, having a knee that likes to dislocate at random and a pair of weak ankles doesn't help. sweatdrop

I do like the idea of a smart barb, and might have to make this into a character. Too bad his AC would be, like, 8. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:36 pm
AJ, as a PC...

Best Stats: Int, Wis
Ok Stats: Cha, Con
Dump Stats: Str, Dex

For my class It would be hard to decide. I have a strong morale belief and the want to help and defend others so I would want to say Paladin, however, my faith is never been a strong point as I always question and hardly at peace. But what man of faith isn't? However, I don't have the strength nor the courage to take another life. So if anything, I'd probably be a Lawful Good character or maybe Chaotic cause I've broken rules to help people, even the "silent" rules. Never formally stated but everyone knows that they're there. Class-wise, I think I'd have to be a wizard. Due to my high intelligence and maturity, I'd best fit it, especially due to my good lack of strength.

I'm a pretty big guy, but for my height (6 foot) I'm not quiet the strength that I need to be to be proportionate. Neither am I very mobile or flexible to have any real Dexterity. I'm average looking and have a slight bit of weight (not much though) but my lack of looks is made up with a way of words and leadership abilities. I can make people like me or show proper respect as needed. But all my strengths still remain in my very high intelligence and a maturity is that well above my years. So a Chaotic/Lawful good Wizard have to be me in a D&D universe. =D  

Sephiro-sai

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm
Me, as a PC...

Best Stats: Str, Int
Okay Stats: Dex, Wis, Cha
Dump Stat: Con

Having only one dump stat makes me sound full of myself but I'm not.... I feel that I'm quite a smart guy, always able to pick things up quickly. My Dad used to always buy board games, we played looooads, and so he would read the rules for a couple of hours, and then we'd play and he'd teach me as we go along. Somehow an hour in I knew the rules better than he did ^^ I suppose thats part of the reason why I prefer DMing and do that most of the time rather than be a PC. As for Strength, I don't really have that much muscle, but I'm a tall guy with a bit of extra weight (not fat, just....more to love razz ) so if I swing a punch or something I've got a lot of mass behind it. As for Dex, I play a lot of video games and stuff so my hands are good, and I'm decent at a fair amount of sports. And Wis and Cha are O.K I guess. But Constitution is my dump stat because I seem to have no endurance. Whenever I work out with my mate (Which is rare) I start bench pressing something and I'm like, "Wow this is easy, I can go for.... oh wait, can I get a spot here?" My arms get tired after like three....

As for class.... I've always seen myself as a leader. Not like a leader among men, I've never wanted to be the prime minister or anything, but I always seem to organise my friends, and decide where we going and such. Seriously my main group of friends, (which includes lovely Mr. JoeDude) wouldn't meet up for any DnD unless I organised it ^^ And seeing as how I've always wanted to buy swords and stuff, and pay for lessons on how to fight properly with longsword etc. I see myself mostly as a Warlord. Leading from the front, using intellect to organise the battlefield. Although don't ask me to go on a long march, I get tired easily....

EDIT: And I've always been fascinated by magic (as I'm sure most people on here have) I can spend hours just thinking about how it could be possible in the real world blah blah blah.... So I'd probs multiclass as a wizard or swordmage, something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:19 am
The Real Merc:

Main Stats: Int,
Okay Stats: Dex, Cha, Con, Wis
Dump Stats: Str

Picking a class is where things get difficult and it would lean towards a Wizard/Sorc. Being a combination of naturally talented and a quick learner it would appear a perfect fit. But, being lazy to the extent of absurdity and not being overly charasmatic it is hard to say. Could probably make a good Rogue, if it didn't require physical effort. Being neither a nature buff, religious, or muscular, most classes are left out.

On second thought, a Psion is an even better fit. Didn't really think about it before because Merc never plays Psionic classes.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

aimike3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 am
I would be a rogue with a level in barbarian, so I could has the rage.

Main Stats: Dex, Int
Okay Stats: Wis, Cha
Dump Stats: Str, Con  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm
Rogue/assassin

High Stats: Dex and Cha
Middle Stats: Int and Wis
Low Stats: Con and Str

it just fits me...I was always doing stuff I wasn't suppose to be doing as a kid, just to see if I could. so had to talk my way out of getting in trouble. whenever I got grounded I would just sneak out anyways. when my parents would try to take something of mine away as a punishment. I would punish them even worse. they take away my play station. I stole their TV, well the power cord so they couldn't use it. they stole my computer, I steal theirs. plus as a girl...I'm good at arguing, and debating...  

Seiryna

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 am
High stats: Int/Cha
Middle stats: Wis/Dex
Dump stats: Str/Con

I oft find myself prattling on about something in usually an incoherent manner that I'm having to catch myself and reconnect back. But at the same time I'm a fair player of the minds, and words.

I'd be really good for an Archivist, Wizard, or Sorcerer. The Imagist wouldn't be too farfetched for me either... But my Appearance subscore isn't that great... Then again I am quite skilled with an Epee. So maybe a dexterous swashbuckler?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:48 pm
Seph Baelzara
High stats: Int/Cha
Middle stats: Wis/Dex
Dump stats: Str/Con

I oft find myself prattling on about something in usually an incoherent manner that I'm having to catch myself and reconnect back. But at the same time I'm a fair player of the minds, and words.

I'd be really good for an Archivist, Wizard, or Sorcerer. The Imagist wouldn't be too farfetched for me either... But my Appearance subscore isn't that great... Then again I am quite skilled with an Epee. So maybe a dexterous swashbuckler?

Based on years of on and off talking via the net and its numeroius forms of communication, an outside entity by the secrety identity of Merc, would have to whole heartedly agree with your opinions of yourself as a D&D character.

By the way, it is good to see you alive and still around. What has it been, six plus months? Boy, it has felt like ages. If you're at a loss as th whom this is, toss a line by way of PMs. It would be grand to catch up.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces