Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reynard the Wanderer

2,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 pm
So.... I want anyone to use objective logic and proof to explain a religion to me, or disprove a religion to me. If this would be at all possible. I hear (insert name of religion here) is the way and the light and all that good stuff. Well.... Why? Can anyone please explain it without the use of circumstantial evidence?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 am
I, myself, due to my attempt to be religiously unbaised, shall suggest a few: Muslim: Not much to say other than what has been expressed by the press, but, Sunnis (a fraction of the religon that is less extreme in their methods) seem to be quite peaceful, along with Budaism, Lutherans are quite lax, (I know more about this one than others) they believe that God loves you no matter what you do, Christians have turn many sinners into holy men/women, Athiests seem to do well in science and fields of fact, Metanights and the Amish seem to be very pure, strongly against sex and (for the Amish) electronics, Satanism, I am not going to get into that because it would offend many, but it will allow you to follow any urge you have (and thats all I'm going to say), Mormans, no clue but you will be kept fit from riding the bike all over town, and that's all I can think of right now...

Oh, and on your question, no, many (even I) cannot explain why their religon is the best base off of facts, and not on a book that has been rewriten time and time again, losing its original meaning.  

Arch angels assassin

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Reynard the Wanderer

2,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm
I don't think that answered my question at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm
How so? Religion is a great way to improve one's self, regardless if it is for the intention of being "saved" or not. As assassin mentioned, all are great places to find a way to better yourself as a person, be it physically, psychologically, or even socially. I'm not going to say you should believe in one god or another, but almost every religion offers many opportunities for a more worldly improvement to a person's life.

That said, stop questioning things that sound deep and really aren't, suck it up when you hear something you don't understand, and always remember: 42. There's no way to prove religion, you know? That's why it's all faith, a point that most establishments will drive into the ground these days. The reason people still believe isn't because it was proven to them, and if you need absolute proof to believe in a common ideal dictated by a supreme authority, then there's really no point in you trying to understand faith in the first place.  

Substitute Hero

Tipsy Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Reynard the Wanderer

2,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 pm
I love your logic, but detest your tone. The first paragraph you've written is of no consequence to me. So I don't really care about that bit.

The second, on the other hand, illustrates the obvious futility of the thread. But I really wish some sort of discussion had occurred before such was apparent to all.

Thank you for ruining my fun.... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:55 pm
Most religions are set on faith and belief, just like Substitute Hero mentioned. The religion that was asked about in the question (I believe to be Christianity) is based on the Bible, a book in which profits of God wrote over an expanse of 200 or so years. It is said in the Bible that GOD is the way, the truth, and the light, not the actual belief itself. It says this because God is the sole creator of Earth, the universe, everything in existence, besides man made object and other things. It says that God is the only way to get to Heaven, and achieve eternal joy and peace. *Hense the term "the way". He is also perfect in every way, and some describe Him "as bright as a thousand Suns", *hense the term "the light". He is claimed to be truthful in every way never telling any sort of untruth whatsoever, therefor the term "the truth". I hope and answered your question.

*If I spelled it wrong I apologize.  

Irational_Angel

The Virgin Slayer

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:34 pm
ok you know how there are diffrent kind of religions all of them are right and all of them are wrong. They say the christian bible was written first, but do we realy know that? no we wern't ther when god made earth and adam and eve. So you shouldn't belive a book, you shouldnt belive a person, what you should do is just listen to what you belive in and if you belive in worshiping hell let them. It's not any of our concerns. It's theres. If someone wants to kill people for no reason at all let them go to hell if thats what they want. All you have to do is worry about what you belive in and that will take you all the way. Did you ever hear about God will come back to Earth to get us when the devil comes and trys to take over the earth? Well dont you think God ahould take all of us no matter what religion we are because we taught that that was the right religion and the others are wrong. It's not our fault if we take the wrong religion because our elders told us it was the right religion. All of this stuff is like a rumor a gossip. It all started with a persons saying or opinion.

(I posted this on another thread)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:28 pm
All religions have validity to what they are saying, some just are a little more "strict" then others.
Most religions, few don't, promote peace and kindness. The ones that are portrayed in the media as unpeaceful, such as the Muslims (Islam), can be greatly misunderstood. Not all of them are extremists and going to blow up a place, in fact, less of them are extremists than are not. It's unfortunate that the extremists had to make a bad name for the rest of them by putting themselves in the spotlight.
This is a topic, however, that is greatly open to discussion and debate in this world. I don't think you'll find any two people that fully agree with everything the other says about religion.  

Denied_Catalysticality

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 am
A lot of religions are based off of belief, so proving them or disproving them is difficult until you die, because most faiths believe that when you die certain things happen according to whether or not you were apart of that religion (am I making an sense, I hope I am). The best way to figure out what you believe is to research different religions and see which one you think is best for you. Me I am Christian, I believe in God and love him. I'm not necessarily saying I'm apart of a religion, but a relationship (yeah it's really cliche I know XD). Out of all religion, Christianity is the only (or else I think the only, if not I apologize) faith that you can have a relationship with God, speak to him like you speak to your best friend, which I think is a lot more fun than meditating in a synagogue or something (but that's just me, not trying to dis on you if you do that, if you're offended, I'm deeply sorry).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:27 am
Ms Sharra
ok you know how there are diffrent kind of religions all of them are right and all of them are wrong. They say the christian bible was written first, but do we realy know that? no we wern't ther when god made earth and adam and eve. So you shouldn't belive a book, you shouldnt belive a person, what you should do is just listen to what you belive in and if you belive in worshiping hell let them. It's not any of our concerns. It's theres. If someone wants to kill people for no reason at all let them go to hell if thats what they want. All you have to do is worry about what you belive in and that will take you all the way. Did you ever hear about God will come back to Earth to get us when the devil comes and trys to take over the earth? Well dont you think God ahould take all of us no matter what religion we are because we taught that that was the right religion and the others are wrong. It's not our fault if we take the wrong religion because our elders told us it was the right religion. All of this stuff is like a rumor a gossip. It all started with a persons saying or opinion.

(I posted this on another thread)

That's the point of Christianity, to believe in God and the bible regardless of when or where it was made. Honestly if you read the Bible you will find that it contains wisdom beyond you or me, and neither you or ma can change that. God does what he does because if he doesn't, then he wouldn't be God (that didn't make much sense XD). As a Christian my job is to uphold a relationship with God and spread his word around to everyone you come in contact with. Not everyone will believe what you're saying, but you get points for trying!! *Just a side note but God will come back when all of humanity has *heard* the word of God, after everyone has been given the chance to believe, the Devil will try to take over (because he hates when people hear about God) Then God will come down and take all that believe with him. It's not like he doesn't give them a chance to believe, he makes sure that everyone hears it, because he is fair and loving God. I'm sure it kills him to see one of his would-be children go to Hell.  

BugxNicole

39: Spirituality.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff