Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:22 pm
THANKS TO THE GOVERMENT! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:59 pm
Bravo! That article is right on the money. (pun intended)

While you can still get a job mowing lawns for whatever pay rate is negotiated, that isn't going to help with the resume that a potential employer wants to see.

Thanks for linking it! 3nodding  

Living Ink
Crew

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm
Ah, from mises.org, no wonder. smile Yup, when you are forced to give more pay than you think something is worth, many people are just not going to be getting jobs due to either it being decided that the good or service can be done without, or the person doing it themself, or them just tacking it on as a requirement in addition to other things for another job instead of having more smaller jobs. And bleh, I know full well I'm going to be getting out of college soon as one of those with no prior work experience whose degree won't get them anything a high school diploma couldn't while now I've got to use that money to pay back the college loans which didn't help me a lick in getting the job when I finally did. I, however, didn't come to college expecting great riches from the degree -- I came as a stall tactic to try to get time to write enough that I'd have stuff I could start trying to get published by the time I left college and in that way not need to spend much time in crappy jobs. Unfortunately though college left me with too little chance to do much writing, so now I'm in the poor situation I've just described when it comes to making a living once I get out of college.  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games