Submit

Do you consider this strange?
  Yes, I do.
  No, I don't.
  I poll wh0re.
View Results

iHimawari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 am
I once had a dog. He was my best friend. I knew him since before I turned 1 and he was already 1. We were inseparable. I shared my food, toys, and occasionally slept in the same bed. He would allow me to dress him up, and would never snap at me if I accidentally hurt him. When I cried he was there to comfort me, often resting his head on my shoulder while I hugged him. I considered him my best friend, since he was always there for me. But, one year ago, TODAY, we had to put him to sleep. Little under 2 weeks from my birthday. Even though we have a new dog, sometimes i can't help but feel lonely and empty inside. Would you consider this strange? neutral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:40 am
Sorry for the long post, everybody.

iHimawari

mimsy

Apocalyptic Demon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 am
[Welcome to Lost Hope]

I don't think it's strange at all. You were really close to your old dog, so to have it gone would leave you feeling empty. And the new dog won't be able to replace those memories any time soon. Just give it time, and possibly, you'll feel better.

[Welcome to Lost Hope]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 pm
It's completely normal. you were attached to him. I would be too if i grew up with a dog.  

Anabethe

iHimawari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:08 pm
@ mimsy: Yeah, It's getting slightly better with time... but it still hurts occasionally
@ meleny: Thanks for understanding :]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm
your welcome ^_^  

Anabethe

Twilyte Moon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:46 am
Akatsukisailorgrl
I once had a dog. He was my best friend. I knew him since before I turned 1 and he was already 1. We were inseparable. I shared my food, toys, and occasionally slept in the same bed. He would allow me to dress him up, and would never snap at me if I accidentally hurt him. When I cried he was there to comfort me, often resting his head on my shoulder while I hugged him. I considered him my best friend, since he was always there for me. But, one year ago, TODAY, we had to put him to sleep. Little under 2 weeks from my birthday. Even though we have a new dog, sometimes i can't help but feel lonely and empty inside. Would you consider this strange? neutral

That's not strange at all. You two have been companions since you were a baby practically it's only natural that you would have a strong bond w/ that dog after growing up w/ him for so many years.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:02 pm
Always when having the familiar torn away from us, it is only natural to feel remorse and sorrowful withdrawl from joy's warm rays.  

Ganrlin

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
47: The Depression Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items