Submit

You:
  Agree
  Disagree
  Honorary Pollwhore, b***h!
View Results

La Bella Rosa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:35 pm
Alright, here's something that bothers me: way to many of the depression forum posts are called things like, "i haet myself i want to dye".

It is possible to have severe, medical depression and not be really emo. I could give you some long story that contained proof about how true this is because of an occurence in my life, but I won't waste your time or my own.

It just really bothers me because I think that too many people ignore the fact that any pink wearing, Hello-Kitty-emblazoned girl can be just as depressed as the one next to her with black lipstick.

So:
-Have you ever noticed a pattern like this in real life? On the forums? Does it bother you? Why/why not?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:36 am
Depression hits people differently and unfortunately many of those who suffer from it are also prone to develop some suicidal feelings.

Even though making a thread called "I wanna kill myself" today may seem extreme, at least they're reaching out. I think I rather see that and hope that a depressed individual is reaching out for some sort of comfort rather than that person feel isolated and eventually do some harm to themselves or others.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Anabethe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm
Emo is just a style. you do not have to be emo to be depressed.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:22 pm
thank u, emo is short for emotional but yes depression is an unfortunate thing that happens to just about everyone... and believe me... not everyone is emo, although most is emotional  

War Resistance

Natural Born Freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 pm
You just said someone with black lipstick???
That's not really fair. Putting on the label that people with black lipstick is depressed. I know a lot who are jittery, happy, must run all over the place wearing black lipstick. gonk
We're human, we have emotion. The way they look doesn't mean they're depressed... stare
I just ignore those posts, if they want my help they'll come to me, other then that I'm on with life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:59 pm
The emo syle originally was a musical genre, first named screamo, but it got shortened. The fashion style embodying this genre has been twisted over the years, and the falsefied depression shadowing it is deplorable, because it demeans all non-emo persons who really suffer from depression. Emo people, the steriotipical ones, really do enrage me. This unfortunate occurance has given antagonizers another tool of mental torture for their sadistic taunts and demoralization of the unfortunate victems.  

Ganrlin

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 am
The "I want to kill myself" thread creators are just seeking attention. I've noticed that the most depressed people are the ones who hide behind their convincing smiles and pretend that everything is okay. Most of my friends used to be that way, and I never would have guessed either until one confessed that her stepfather raped her when she was two or three, and she's a great person, very cheery, but bad s**t seems to happen to her all the time. She doesn't complain about it, she tries to cope, but God knows she's torn on the inside, and I can't help but pity and be proud of her at the same time. God bless her!

Then I go to school and see all these retarded emo kids who dramatically emphasize how terrible their lives are, which is why everyone teases them (appropriately.) They say they're depressed, but they don't know what it means or else they wouldn't be crying. (If you've been depressed, you know what I'm talking about.) I just want to hit them in the face and tell them to shut the ******** up because they're just arrogant, little bastards feigning a serious mental illness for attention or to fit into a just as arrogant clique. RAWR!

Okay, done ranting. You may go on with your life now. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:07 pm
it bothers the CRAP out of me (i need to go poo now...) and yes i have noticed a pattern in the forums about that crap ugh its evil (like when my friends put flour in my shoes!!!) and i am sensing you are a republican good job!!!!  

the purple ghost-cat

47: The Depression Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff