Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mimsy

Apocalyptic Demon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:26 am
Okay, so here's my problem...

I have a twin sister who is better than be in just about every way imaginable. I don't know why it kills me so much, but it just does.

For the most part, we have the same friends, both online and in the real world.
The thing is, I have one friend who means a lot to me, and every time I mention him, my sister starts whining about how she'd really like to talk to him, but I just can't let her.

Why? You may be wondering. Long story short, any of my friends that I introduce to her like her more. I used to think it was just me being insecure, because I can admit, I am. But, I know it's not in my mind. A new friend I made, I decided to introduce her to my sister. In a matter of weeks, my friend fell in love with my sister...which totally sucks in my opinion.

This friend claimed that she couldn't have such feelings for me because I already have a girlfriend, but that's bull, because my sister has a boyfriend.

I reached a point where it depressed me to such an extent that I lost control. I make characters, masks and other personas to help me deal with the world. Unfortunately, it often leads me to destroy things in my life. In this case, I upset my friend so much that she disappeared for a while and came back to tell my sister that she had gone outside to cry because I had hurt her...and I didn't care about it either.

Over the past week I've gone over every friendship and relationship I've had and told myself that they actually meant nothing. I'm stuck in that mindset and, try as hard as I might, I can't get out of it.

I just... I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has lost it's meaning to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:55 pm
mimsy
Okay, so here's my problem...

I have a twin sister who is better than be in just about every way imaginable. I don't know why it kills me so much, but it just does.

For the most part, we have the same friends, both online and in the real world.
The thing is, I have one friend who means a lot to me, and every time I mention him, my sister starts whining about how she'd really like to talk to him, but I just can't let her.

Why? You may be wondering. Long story short, any of my friends that I introduce to her like her more. I used to think it was just me being insecure, because I can admit, I am. But, I know it's not in my mind. A new friend I made, I decided to introduce her to my sister. In a matter of weeks, my friend fell in love with my sister...which totally sucks in my opinion.

This friend claimed that she couldn't have such feelings for me because I already have a girlfriend, but that's bull, because my sister has a boyfriend.

I reached a point where it depressed me to such an extent that I lost control. I make characters, masks and other personas to help me deal with the world. Unfortunately, it often leads me to destroy things in my life. In this case, I upset my friend so much that she disappeared for a while and came back to tell my sister that she had gone outside to cry because I had hurt her...and I didn't care about it either.

Over the past week I've gone over every friendship and relationship I've had and told myself that they actually meant nothing. I'm stuck in that mindset and, try as hard as I might, I can't get out of it.

I just... I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has lost it's meaning to me.

The funny thing about this situation is that im a twin myself! and i do feel that my sister is better than me in every single way. she was valedictorian, she had more friends, and some of the same friends as me. but yes i did get depressed because i thought everyone liked her better than me but i learned something, we are each two unique individuals, who have different mind sets, she may be better than me on somethings but i know that im better at her at somethings too like video games and acting. you have to convince yourself that you are you (one of my friends gave me that advice). and no one can change that. as for you and your friends, its understandable that you dont want to introduce her to some of your friends. im paranoid like that too. the best thing to do is to have your own space. because sometimes having the same friends and sharing every single moment gets tiresome and can depress you. and sometimes gets boring. I hope this advice helped at least a bit. one more thing, be true to yourself but at the same time be sympathetic about other peoples feelings.  

Anabethe

carmen_0x0

Shy Gaian

4,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:46 am
-sigh-

why am allways stand alone?no one will help me with my problem. gonk i am telling the truth. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:44 pm
Heh. Sometimes I feel like that, too, but it usually isn't the case. You just have to reach out and find someone who will. But what is this problem that you keep mentioning in virtually every thread in this subforum?  

ObscureEnigma

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:22 pm
Insecurity's a b***h ain't it? I'm a twin myself and I've also shared most of the same friends w/ my sis my whole life. It's time to take the training wheels off, my dear. It's important to keep your social lives separate in order to function in this society.

I'm not saying it has to be separate all of the time but in this case, probably a good maybe 70% of the time is advisable.  
47: The Depression Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games