Submit

will you actually read my problems
  why, i don't know you?
  maybe, unless it gets too boring
  yeah, might as well
View Results

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:15 pm
ok, i'm just gonna come out with the fact that i think that i'm depressed. lately, everyone that i know seems to want to stay away from me. my friends are distansing themselves from me. my family seems like whenever i have a problem they dont want to listen. it's just that, they want to pay more attention to my older siblings it seems, and my brother and sister just want to leave me alone. what's worse is that, i feel all this sadness inside of me, and no matter what it is, it always turns to anger. i've kicked two holes in the walls of my house, and whenever i walk be them, it just makes me feel more sad. it's like i can't do anything right. i used to try telling my parents taht i'm sad, but like i said, no one is listening to me right now. i got home today to find out that i was alone. so i started screaming hoping to get all my emotions out, but it didn't work. i have tried setting goals, but whenever i set one, it get's accomplished easily and i have nothing to live for. i don't want to commit suicide or anything, but i don't want to feel so alone and useless either. can someone just tell me what they do in order to stop feeling this pain that haunts my nights and days? please, i really want to feel better  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 pm
You should try to explain why you are feeling depressed and lonely to those you care about. Tell them that you desire the attention that you once had. Ask them why they are ignoring you. Stuff like that. I used to be in your situation, but I never really kicked two holes in my wall. Everything else, I have done. I understand especially about the family not caring bit. I still undergo that. I never tell my family members any of my problems because they just make me feel worse about anything.

But you are still worth something. It's just a phase that you are going through, and hopefully, it will dissipate. As long as one person loves you, that is all that matters. And don't think that your parents and friends don't love you, because they do. They just can't understand what you are going through right now. I am taking a guess that such is the case.

ObscureEnigma

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:42 pm
when im depressed. I listen to music, and i write down exactly what im feeling. maybe it could help you too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:17 am
I think you should tell your friends how you feel. Maybe they can help you out when you're feeling like crap.
You could also keep a journal, it helps to write stuff down.
smile  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Astarte Dindel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:01 pm
So my tips- and I can sound really happy and hyper and stuf; it's from practice. I know how you feel. Highlight this post.

1. Throw a party, and invite the friends you feel are distancing themselves from you. This way you guys can ll get together and hang and talk, and get everything out in the open, plus bring them back to you.

2. Try talking to your parents, I know this sounds stupid, that you posted that they don't seem to be listening- parents have this thing that they want their kids to be happy and so they'll actually deny that anything is wrong with them. So, try at least one more time.

3. Get a normal school notebook and write everything that pops into your head, i.e. "I feel like crap," "there's a squirell on my windowsill," "i should clean my room," ect.

4. Ask for extra credit assignments from your teachers, it'll give you something to get your mind off of things.

5. Clean your room, the bathroom you use, and/or your kitchen. While doing this play some of your favorite music, or a book on casette or CD.

6. Do NOT stay up late, OR eat lots of sugar.

7. Call up your favorite cousin, or relative you haven't talked to in a while- someone your age and just catch up with them.

8. Repair the holes in the wall. This way you won't be able to see them and then they won't depress you- it'll also be a mental step that you are working out your depression.

9. Find a good book, one that has a happy ending. I would recomend Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse all by Stephanie Meyer, or Peeps, Uglies, Specials, Pretties, and Extras all by Scott Westerfeld.

10. Work out- even if it's just taking a slow jog around your block twice a week, the endorphins will really help.

And those are the tips from the All Knowing Astar, aka AKA!

If all else fails think about what the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits the windshield... It's Butt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:09 pm
I feel sorry for you that your family doesn't seem to notice or pay any attention.. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 12 and at htis point in my life I look back and feel so thankful I could cry that my family put up with all my s**t and cared about me to do what they did for me.

My few pieces of advice to you are..

- Find someone to talk to.. Preferably a counselor. The idea of talking to a counselor may sound shitty and entirely unappealing but do it for yourself. Go into it with an open mind and remember that you're talking to someone entirely for YOUR benefit and yours alone. Sometimes you have to switch therapists (maybe even multiple times) until you find someone that you're comfortable with and you like. Yes, there are actually very bad a** therapists out there. Sometimes I still wish I went to counseling and am planning on going to one any time in the future that I feel I should. I personally think that everyone should have a therapist.

- Remember that life is whatever perspective you have on it. I am no longer clinically depressed or medicated, but I am still relatively pessimistic. However, I keep in mind at all times that at least I'm alive, no matter how bad life may sucks sometimes.. Because when it comes down to it, I don't want to be dead, and life is all I know; I don't know what happens after, maybe nothing at all.. So why waste the finite amount of time you are given when the afterlife is completely unknown?

I know if I was coming from where you are right now, I'd probably wretch at my own advice.. D:
But really, try to take it... It may and probably will benefit you.

naive melody

carmen_0x0

Shy Gaian

4,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:03 am
see it from the lightside.you are woth your life,even if it hurts.and dont forget your friends ^^

i have big mental problems and am outfrusen by pepole around me.
it sucks.they just judge wrong,all the damn time.some tips to handle it? gonk crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:13 am
Heh. Don't worry. You are not alone. Half of the time, I feel like offing myself right then and there. It just happens, but now I am remotely content. But I have to ask, what does "outfrusen" mean? I've never heard of it. ::smirks:: People shouldn't judge. Only the person who has the problem knows the full situation, and sometimes he or she doesn't even know it all.

My tips are:

1.) Find some new people to hang out with. We can't all be bastards.
2.) Find a good counselor who you will know will have the time to listen to you and help you out with any problems that you may have.
3.) Change as much about your life as you feel comfortable doing. Maybe you might need a change of pace or something.

ObscureEnigma

nurmedina

7,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:38 am
we have the same problem.... i guess?

- my mother won't listen to me for my probs
- avoiding me
- her cell phone is more important than me
- always breaking the promise
- and i sometimes feel like i'm a stanger in my house
- the child that my sis left to my parents is more important than i am?

47: The Depression Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games