okay in some circumstances
  always ok
  other (please post)
  whatever (poll whore option)
View Results

AvariciaMooneater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:52 pm
Here is my take on things.
If a person wants an abortion, there are plently of good reasons. Not enough money, rape or resentment of one parent, inability to care for the child, etc.
If you have conceived and are not ready to deal with the responsibility, or capable of dealing, then why have the child and give it a life where you cant care for it. Itll only end up in foster care. Also, in the first year of a childs life, caring for the child can cost up to 100, 000 dollars in the first year alone. Yes, it is the destruction of a human life. So I am going to bring things in perspective. Humans kill al sorts of things, for no reason at all except our on comfort. Entire forests get chopped down for housing and fuel and the construction of uneccesary things like hot tubs. In the hunting season, animals are killed simply for the sake of killing them. Ever purposely squashed a harmless bug because it was there? People never have a problem with killing animals or plant. Humans are no different.
Another point. The forests that get chopped down. They clear spaces for homes for the ever increasing population. At the rate that the population is growing, we will overcrowd ourselves. So, if you arent willing, why give birth to the child that you dont want that will eventually become another addition to the ever growing population.
My last point. For those people who are trying to get abortion outlawed, it wont matter. There will always be someone who wants or needs an abortion. Theyll just go to illegal operations that have more of a chance of killing both child and mother. Abortion wasnt always legal and tha5 is what they did when they didnt want a baby.
Ok, Im done.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:03 am
I think we are running out of topics to talk about. My answer to abortion, as always, as it has been for a few years now, and as I'm quite sure it shall remain for a few more years to come, is that abortion should be case specific. Abortion is not white, nor black. Were someones life in danger, and abortion was the only reasonable solution, then yes, I'm pro abortion. Were a girl raped, impregnated, and didn't wish to give birth for how ever many reasons, pain, mortality, a possible handy cap, emotional scarring, what ever, well then yes, I'm pro abortion. But I think it is wrong for an eighteen year old girl to screw around with her twenty year old boyfriend, then kill a human being just because they were careless, or passionate (-roll-).
How much longer will abortion be a topic? I mean, does anyone disagree with my reasoning? It's not even my reasoning, as this argument has been around for.. years.

My Haitus

Flipsided

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 pm
I feel abortion is flat out murder. I don't know the exact timing, but doesn't the baby's heartbeat start at like 3 weeks? Yes, I said baby, not Fetus. Baby baby baby.
To those who feel it's okay because the mother doesn't want to give birth, that's kinda like saying "I'm gunna quit school because I it's hard" or something like that. Kinda bad example.
If you don't wanna baby, why the heck are you having unprotected sex? A rape isn't your fault, nor is broken protection, but that's no reason to murder. You can still put it up for adoption if needed.
Personally, I'm not havin sex 'till I'm married due to religion and fear of STDs, and I'm probably not gunna have my own kids. I'm adopting.

Anyways, lets say there's a family who has already too many kids and a drunk father. Mom is pregnant again. Would you abort the baby? If so, you just killed Martin Luther King. Yah.
What if you weren't married yet, your neighborhood started to shun you, and you're fiance was considering leaving you? Would you abort? If yes, you killed Jesus Christ.

I could post some abortion pics on here from MySpace bulletins, but they make me sick to look at.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:47 pm
i once read a book that had some controversial issues in it
there was a girl whose face had been scarred, and the topic of abortion came up(her dad had pushed her face against the stove when she was four and her mom was too scared to do anything)
she confronted a guy in her debate-type class on the subject
what she said was something along the lines of:
"How can you care so much about those who arent born yet when you dont give a crap about the currently born in pain and suffering
She also confronted a girl who agreed with the guy:
"If your husband was unstable and would hurt your child, would you still go through with the pregnancy"
chew on this for a bit  

AvariciaMooneater

Luvs2Snuggle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 pm
I believe in a womans right to choose. but I believe that if it is used as a form of birth control that the woman should have her tubes tied. I also believe in stem cell research.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:42 pm
I do not believe abortion is ever right morally however I do not feel it is my place to lay laws over another human's body.

So politically pro-choice, personally pro-life I am.

Luvs2Snuggle
I believe in a womans right to choose. but I believe that if it is used as a form of birth control that the woman should have her tubes tied. I also believe in stem cell research.

They no longer need stem cells from embryos because they can get them much easier now just by taking a small amount tissue from adult humans.  

Pasithea

magic_doglover

Distinct Dog

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:22 pm
i think that abortion is ok at almost any time during pregnancy. we have no right to tell women to go through such an uncomfortable experience, when it is their body itself that is going through it. another reason that i have for supporting abortion is that, in my opinion, the less people that are born, the better. more people are being born than are dying; we will eventually get into some trouble with that if we don't stop multiplying so quickly. i must admit that i also have a much less rational reason for my opinion: i really dislike babies/infants/whatever you want to call them, as well as all children younger than 9 (generally). they (babies) are loud, smelly, messy, technically selfish, uninteresting, and they can't participate in any sort of conversation. they just seem like a rather unpleasant creatures to deal with.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm
Why do people call abortion murder? And don't say because it is murder, because technically, it isn't.

Quote:
'I feel abortion is flat out murder. I don't know the exact timing, but doesn't the baby's heartbeat start at like 3 weeks? Yes, I said baby, not Fetus. Baby baby baby.'

This is an immature observation. Abortion is not murder, not because it's legal, but because they aren't human beings. They are a conglomeration of human cells, if that's what you mean, but so is excrement! If that's the case, I abort things every day! Also, they are fetus. That's the technical term, and they are only babies at the point in time when they begin to adopt the human form and their heart begins to beat.

Quote:
'To those who feel it's okay because the mother doesn't want to give birth, that's kinda like saying "I'm gunna quit school because I it's hard" or something like that. Kinda bad example.'

Schooling is not the same thing as having a baby. Having a baby is a traumatic experience that can cause actual physical consequences. Mothers who don't want to have a baby still retain that right, and always will have that right. If one doesn't wish to have a baby, then they should, by all means, abort.

Quote:
'If you don't wanna baby, why the heck are you having unprotected sex? A rape isn't your fault, nor is broken protection, but that's no reason to murder. You can still put it up for adoption if needed.'

Most people aren't having unprotected sex when they get pregnant. In fact, a lot people would agree that broken condoms and faulty protection are the culprit. Rape is, however the number one cause, in case you wanted a rough statistic.

Quote:
'Personally, I'm not havin sex 'till I'm married due to religion and fear of STDs, and I'm probably not gunna have my own kids. I'm adopting.'

This seems to be the absolute factor in your assessment. Abstinence is, truly, the only 100% proven birth control. That is your own choice, so please don't try to use that as a reason not to abort. And not wanting to give birth to your own kids could give you some understanding of why some people wish to abort, even if you probably would never go this far.

Quote:
'Anyways, lets say there's a family who has already too many kids and a drunk father. Mom is pregnant again. Would you abort the baby? If so, you just killed Martin Luther King. Yah.'

I'm so sure they could have aborted Dr. King back then. I'm absolutely sure, in fact, that his family didn't have enough money. But I assure you that if his family could have, they would not, because of their religion. Any other Jane Doe would have aborted, though, if not for those reasons.

Quote:
'What if you weren't married yet, your neighborhood started to shun you, and you're fiance was considering leaving you? Would you abort? If yes, you killed Jesus Christ.'

Maybe you need another history lesson. Jesus Christ (And, believe me, I know my biblical pathology) was another individual where the circumstances would never have permitted an abortion. He was born of a divine miracle; if a girl was impregnated without having sex, chances are she'd want to wait and see what happened. That's what we like to call a medical anomaly.

Quote:
'I could post some abortion pics on here from MySpace bulletins, but they make me sick to look at.'

Please, do post them. It may be quite the anti-sex treatment some people need. But, out of all you've said, it seems like you'd rather guilt people out of sex rather than provide substantial evidence.

Finally, I produce my last bit of evidence. Bringing a child into the world in such horrible circumstances as poverty, starvation, and pain should be considered illegal; not abortion. If you place a child up for adoption, they will face more horror than you could possibly imagine, where segregation and hunger ensues. Don't think, not for a moment, that abortion is worse than some events you can encounter in life.  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

jesanndei

Shy Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:50 pm
well in my opinion abortion is a stupid thing to do. there are some questions that could trace why pregnant women should not abort :

(these are some)
-why would a female and a male create or reproduce if they are still not ready to have a child or be parents? (having sex or reproduction is never a mistake , misunderstandings or just an accident , why would they accept to do a thing without a mind to think? rape is an accident but people can actually fight againts the force of the rapist rather than just accepting that u where raped)

-why couldnt they think about the right of the child to live?

Why could they never accept the child , they already made the baby there is nothing more to do than taking care of this , remember there is a right for each living thing not only humans , and a fetus can be called a living thing cause this is made by a human and inside a living humans body.

i do accept what others say about my opinion. i ask other people to place their opinions too.

i maybe not that smart or something but this is what i beleive... neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am
H'okay, There is only one time I believe abortion is okay. That is if the father of the child is some how close related to the mother, creating incest. That is the only time I think abortion is okay. But to you who say "blah blah if you get the abortion you just killed Martin Luther King or Jesus Christ", I understand what you are saying. At my church we keep a jar of pennies. Now and then my preacher will hold up the jar of pennies and say " Just think, of these pennies symbolizing unborn children that were aborted. What if God sent us the cure of cancer to one of these aborted children and we just killed him or her?" I believe that if someone has unprotected sex or the condom breaks (whatever) that if they get pregnant it's a blessing from God. If they give it up for adoption, are bad parents, or whatever your imagination considers that baby is going to be a blessing to someone or another. I think that if they wanted to have SEX just sex in general, doesn't matter if the condom broke, they should face their responsibility and not run away from it by aborting the fetus.  

Burnt_Like_Toast

Desirable Millionaire

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Millionaire 200

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm
I personally don't like the idea of getting an abortion, and I think that it's very unlikely that I'll ever get one. However, I also recognize that I don't have the right to tell another woman what to do with her body. Her body, her choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm
Epic Fail Girl
Is abortion ok all the time, at a certain point in the pregnancy, or not at all?

What reasons do you have for this?

Do you have any experiences with abortions(i.e. yourself, friends, family)?

Anything else you wish to say?

I did a report on abortion a year ago with a group of my friends for a Current Events class. We were the Pro-Life side. Even though at the time I was Pro-Choice, the project definitely turned me into a... semi Pro-Life... just not to the extreme.

For the first question asked, I want to point out that in Michigan (where I lived), when you are... I believe 4 months pregnant, it is illegal to have an abortion at that point. I don't know how it works in other states, but that's how it worked there.

As for my personal opinion on it, abortion, to an extent, is okay. But the only thing that makes me Pro-Life is the fact that an abortion is incredibly unhealthy for the mother. Very, very unhealthy. I believe that the mother should first be educated on everything that might happen to her body during or after the abortion, such as an increased chance to miscarriage later (when she may be ready to have a child), the small chance they could bleed to death, etc. There's a large list of things that could happen during the abortion, and an even longer list of what happens after the abortion. So long as the mother is educated on this, if she still wants to go through with the abortion, then there's no reason for me to stop her. It's her body. It's her child. I'm not going to force her into doing anything.

Apart from that, I do have a personal experience. I won't mention what relation I have with the person, but a 14-year-old relative of mine ended up pregnant. The father is not important, but it was not rape, incest, or anything. It was just the common "sex=baby".

However, she didn't tell her parents.

And they didn't find out until two weeks before she was 4 months along, which means she wouldn't have been able to get an abortion.

Needless to say, her father is incredibly strict, and gets her in for an abortion immediately. She seems fine now, and doesn't seem to have any health issues. That's the story. Nothing happened. That's it. Everything turned out better, I suppose.

Should she have had the baby, she would have been a 14-year-old mother, probably dropped out of school, and would have definitely cursed her father to a living hell. He was very much looking forward to moving after she graduated, and living a life without having children in the house. But let's not focus on the father at all. He's not important. In the end, what matters is that her life is better from not having the child.

In the end, though, she's still stupid and, most likely, does not practice safe sex. I haven't exactly asked her, but... that's the impression that I get.

So, basically, my opinion on abortion is that it should be legal, yes, but with that, there should be an increase in... any sort of school programs that can teach girls safe sex (though I know how stupid those talks can be in school), and what can go wrong with an abortion.

Abortion is not just an easy way out. It can really damage your body, physically and mentally. Girls and adult women alike need to be educated on this sort of thing.

On a side note, there is such a low chance of a woman getting pregnant from rape, and there's an incredibly low chance of pregnancy from incest. To be blunt, these occurrences rarely happen, and should not be a large contribution to the abortion debate. The main question is if it's okay for women to get an abortion, but rape and incest should largely be left out of the answer.

(And as for the whole idea that abortion is murder, I'm not sure how I stand with that yet. Quite frankly, I can't even sort myself into Pro-Life or Pro-Choice anymore. I have no idea how I feel about the idea that it's murder. I'll ponder on it.)

Tasty Crayons

Skyeblue777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm
I'm Pro-choice If the wants to have an abortion thats her decison. No one should tell her what to do. As for the rape/incest preganacy subjuct just because it doesn't happen as much doesn't mean it should be thrown out of the answer.If it still happens it is still a reason. Being raped hurts a woman physically, mentally, and emotionally. So if they find out they're carrying a part of something that hurt them that much I wouldn't blame them. Still I'm pro-choice it's the mother's decision though now I'm asking myself what if the father wants to keep the baby and the mother doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:38 pm
I believe in the whole having a choice thing... I just think the choice should come before the pregnancy. As in, choosing to wear a condom. xp

I only think abortion is okay when it is so mom doesn't die or in the case of rape.  

Mermaid Marmalade

Masterful Millionaire

8,975 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

beccamon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:33 pm
I believe it's a choice. Probably not a choice I would make, but a choice that the woman should be allowed to make. For one thing, it's her body. And I don't think she would be murdering a human life, because I don't think that it can be considered human until a certain point.

And of course there's the argument "What if the pregnancy will kill the mother?" If we don't let her abort, and they both die, what have we gained from that?  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff