[META] The Hlare's Call (Feb-Mar 2017) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:10 am
For the trio, however, it seemed like things were starting to wrap up. Anything of any value had already been taken and going too much further at this point seemed a futile effort - though Xochi highly disagreed with this.

"I know you're keen," Kari observed, "but it's only a game and we've found a lot for our team, you know?"

She huffed and sat heavily, risking a glance at the red-maned brother as if hoping to find a different answer. She would be displeased on that front, too.

"Kari's right. We pulled our weight. If we lose now it'll be no fault of ours."

"That's not the attitude I expect from the home team," Xochipepe sighed, "but fine, I'm hardly going to carry on alone. It'll be your necks, though."

Dagr grinned and stretched out onto the sand, "no it won't."

-----

Otho, had backed away from the group he had been conversing with and had found a place to sit and contemplate without getting in anyone's way. He couldn't care less about the event going on around him. Who had been taking part, however, was a different matter altogether. In all of his years as a spy he had never come across such a place before.

It terrified him, in truth.

Part of him wanted to turn back for home and never speak of this again. But part of him wanted to know more, to try and find lost knowledge to further piece together the picture of the Nergui's future.

He sighed deeply and lost himself to his thoughts.

[last post from me]

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:00 am
Nemmie wriggled her nose a little and noticed one of the lioness's was now addressing her. "Hello." She said back politely as she stuck close to Nkan.

"I think I have enough stuff to bring to those guys." He said looking at his plunder of items. "Would any of you like to help me carry it at all?" He asked knowing he wouldn't be able to drag everything over there by himself. Valka gave a warm smile, she'd help it would get her away from this interesting conversation. "Here, let me help." At least she was being helpful that way.

Nemmie moved so she was close to Areo now since she figured Nkan and Valka were going to be on their way to Ram and the rest of the members so that they could have more stuff.

Valka helped pick up one of the sides of the large leaf he had used to collect the items and he grabbed the other and the two approached the Hlare and set it where the rest of everyone had put their items. "Oh here is another bundle of roots." He said picking up one last thing and adding it to the pile.

"I think we found you enough stuff!" He said excitedly.

Nemmie watched curiously as the duo dropped of the items and turned her attention back to the lioness. "You're not familiar to me." She said softly looking the lioness over. "I'm Nemmie."

She could at least be polite.

Areo decided to stay where he was and he looked at the duo. "Well, I do have to say that wasn't something I expected to happen today." It was rhetorical but he figured they might have a comment about it though it was possible stuff like that happened more often than he thought?

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose
Is no one else going to roll? XD Have I become victorious in my quest? LOL -quoting since Nkan is bringing what he (and all my others found since they kind of stock piled it for him) found to your peeps.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:52 am
Ram smiled at Nkan as he proceeded to deposit the items at his paws, all things considered this had turned out far better than the King had hoped for. What he hadn't anticipated however, was that he would lose!

"And it was all going to well..." Tethys teased, a warm smile on his lips as he flung the roots Yawo had retrieved on to the pile and winked at the cub. He might have held very little regard for the adult Kizingo'zaa, but the cub hadn't had the opportunity to lose himself to their vices just yet. "Looks like I win!" he continued merrily, in a voice that caused the King to respond with a raised eyebrow.

"It was close, but one has to assume we allowed you to win to ensure your pride wasn't too badly dented," Ram replied smoothly as he swept the remaining roots towards the alchemists. They were, by now, well on their way to carting everything back to their compound and from there he assumed it would be sorted into what they would keep and what the Priestesses would take home with them. All in all he really couldn't have asked for more from them.

"Now show some grace," Ram advised, lifting a paw to nudge at the Stormborn Captain before turning towards the crowd that had assembled itself. They all seemed in good spirits, some (unfortunately) more than others, but that would be something he would have to address at another point in time.

"I couldn't have asked for anything more than what you gave," he spoke up at last and grinned. "So in return, the hunters have provided us with something rather nice," he motioned back towards the inner pride and winked. "I'm assuming you're all hungry, so you'll find we have quite the feast waiting for you all," he murmured.

"Enjoy!" Tethys declared merrily.

[FIN]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 am
AND THE WINNER IS...
xD You categorically won this; hands down you carried Tethys's side to victory so this is well deserved!

I can't remember who the colourist is, but I will attempt to find out for you. He was a completely blank slate with no mates/offspring so you can have your way with him. <3

Uncerts
http://i.imgur.com/odrq0Ni.png
http://i.imgur.com/yOE3SxS.png
http://i.imgur.com/6fw2IDZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/7As1Ak7.png
http://i.imgur.com/YhBIV2B.png = His old cert

AstoriaFallen

AND THE NEXT META SHALL BE...
The next Bahari'mtoto meta is slated to happen in April/May and is a nice, short and sweet one for you all to participate in. Stay tuned for more details going forwards. n_n

Baharimtoto Pride

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:30 am
He was late. Again. At this rate he was quickly on his way to earning the well deserved title of 'Master Slow Poke.' It was a title he would come to embrace full-heartedly. In his world things just ran at a different pace. To him it wasn't that he was too slow, it more of a matter that everyone else went too damn fast.

At some point in time his previous gathering partner had grown tired of his slow pace and moved forward without him. Leaving Kaluwa to bumble around the beach gathering any little bit that had been left over, including a hefty sum of rocks that had virtual treasure trove lying underneath them.

Course moving at a snail's pace did come with it's drawbacks. By the time Kaluwa finally had made it back to the main square to drop off his first of what he thought was many loads he was just in time for the two leaders to announce that the vikings had won out in the end.

Well, so much for home team advantage. Ah well, it was a fun time seeing everyone interacting and playing around in it's self.

His normal mild smile peered out from under his thick mop of hair that covered the majority of his face as he weaved his way through the dispersing crowd slowly but surely making his way up to the depositing area. With a loud thunk he unceremoniously dropped his crude make shift seaweed satchel onto the pile. Lifting a paw he saluted both of the leaders. "Yo, good game! Next time you guys come and join us perhaps we could make a whole beach olympics out of this. Now that would be a sight to see."

Now that he had said his peace someone had mentioned something about food? Freeeee food at that? Sign him up for the next beachapalooza event if it meant he'd get fed!

He might even wake up on time for that one.

-----------------

Much to her surprise the cub suicide squad had managed not to blow something up or cause WW3 during the whole event. Despite all their big ore-game talk, war paint, and mighty charges off complete with battle cries they had all gotten distracted playing amongst themselves in the jungle. Color her impressed, even if she was the only one focused on collecting the necessary items a day without some minor disaster happening was a relief.

What didn't surprise her was that as the day went on she had noticed her niece slowing down more and more, struggling to keep up with her much older and not to mention larger friends. Until finally the white cub had face planted onto the ground, the moment her little head hit the soft foliage below her she was knocked off to dreamland. Heh, the time old saying of, 'What must come up, must eventually come down' was proven correct once again.

The second non-shocker of the evening was by the time she had finished scooping up her child and had her nestled safely in the crook of her back the doom twins had already made their grand escape of the day.

It was a damn good thing she was already numb to the famous duo appearing and disappearing into thin air like the masterful Houdinis they were. Most nannies would have been at least mildly concerned at the fact that they had poofed once more. Ume figured in time they would make themselves known again on way or another. That or perhaps Solomon would catch them in another one of his famous traps again.

So, instead of wasting time going on a wild goose chase after them Ume elected to simply turned tail and headed back towards the main square once more with her final load in tow.

She had no intention of participating in anymore festivities for the evening, much like her snoring niece on her back she was extremely tired and sore. All she was going there to do was 1. Drop off her load why she's at it see if Team Surf had pulled it out or the vikings had pulled an upset.

2. Tease Ram that his children were once again on the loose and primed to cause trouble.

3. And finally quietly take her leave. As much as the offer of a free meal would appeal to her Ume was taking the lazy route today. She just couldn't justify the effort behind dragging herself over there and fighting with the ravenous crowd when she still had perfectly good food stored at home.

Later on she would hear through the grapevine that she had apparently missed out on one hell of a after party.

Quote:
Final post for me. Just for an easy record the final tally of posts for each of my kitties is as follows:
Total posts for Ume: 6 - Yukio: 8 - Kaluwa: 5

Also congrats, Tori! Truly the MVP of this meta. Big thanks to Epee for hosting and for everyone for participating!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 am
[OOC: Thanks everyone! <3]

Nkan was thoroughly pleased that he had been able to give them so many things and he dashed back over towards Nemmie and Asker and the two stormborn. Valka followed alongside.
"It seems they have some food, so I guess we got here just in time." Valka said as she looked around. "Guess we could eat while we're here." She suggested.

Nemmie figured they could stay so Nkan could get some food, it would be one less thing Nelly had to do when they got back.

"Nkan, let's get you some food." She said looking at the group of others.

Areo did want to stick around a little while more, just to get to know Valka a little bit, if she'd let him. "Perhaps we can eat and talk?" He asked her.

She gave a glance to him and looked towards Sabia and Zjarri. "I think we'll be here a little bit so I don't see why that would be a problem."

Abominable Greenie
We can probably wrap this up for all of them here I think?

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out