Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:29 am
Roar, Dragon Tail, whirlwind, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, Mean Look, Pursuit, and by association, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Beat Up, Memento, Retaliate, and Toxic Spikes.

The following moves are based on multi pokemon battles, and in the guild we only do 1v1

Are these moves considered mostly useless (most on par with splash)

Or will they have a homebrew functionality added to them?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:40 pm
Do our characters have birthdays?  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 am
There a lot of pokemon who evolve through trade, evolution stones, Moss/Ice Rocks, or even maximized beauty. How would those work in the RP?

Also, there are pokemon who don't really learn any attacks until they evolve/are higher level (Abra, Magikarp, Feebas, etc.) Most wouldn't be able to attack in fights until level 15 or 16, where they either evolve or are able to learn Tackle unless they had an egg move. Outside of using rare candies to get them to where they can attack, how would using one of these as a starter or catching& raising one work, if at all?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm
Xaven the Raven
Roar, Dragon Tail, whirlwind, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, Mean Look, Pursuit, and by association, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Beat Up, Memento, Retaliate, and Toxic Spikes.

The following moves are based on multi pokemon battles, and in the guild we only do 1v1

Are these moves considered mostly useless (most on par with splash)

Or will they have a homebrew functionality added to them?

For moves like the ones that do attack damage such as Dragon Tail.. if you have 1v1 will do still do damage but won't have the secondary effect. It would be like the game. Moves that do damage will deal their damage while moves like roar or switch out pokemon without damage will not work.

Memento will just be a loss of a pokemon

Spike, Toxic Spike, and Stealth Rock can be used still, it won't deal damage until another pokemon is let out like normally.

I would not call them useless since we only have 1v1 because most students only have 1 pokemon currently. I wouldn't rule out how the battles will go in the future.

Not to mention, these moves can also still be used for coordination classes.  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:45 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Do our characters have birthdays?

Of course!

DJ Double B
There a lot of pokemon who evolve through trade, evolution stones, Moss/Ice Rocks, or even maximized beauty. How would those work in the RP?

Also, there are pokemon who don't really learn any attacks until they evolve/are higher level (Abra, Magikarp, Feebas, etc.) Most wouldn't be able to attack in fights until level 15 or 16, where they either evolve or are able to learn Tackle unless they had an egg move. Outside of using rare candies to get them to where they can attack, how would using one of these as a starter or catching& raising one work, if at all?

Well we are still working on those different systems for the rp right now so until we announce them that they are ready for use they cannot be used.

Well one way to teach them moves is how they can learn TM moves... by filling out the form and teaching them:
For the moment, moves will be learned in two ways: the pokemon learning new moves by leveling up or by students teaching their pokemon new moves. The first way is self-explanatory, since we are using 6th gen pokemon make sure to use the level system from the 6th generation (this means Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire). The second method is when the player RPs their character trying to teach a new move to their pokemon. You, the player, may attempt to teach your pokemon a new move, but before this happens you must contact either the Captain or the Vice-Captain of the guild using the format shown bellow. The Captain or Vice-Captain will review your request and if it is approved then the Captain or the VC will tell you how many posts are needed for your pokemon to learn this move, the average length of each post, and quality/literacy of the post. Whoever received your request will decide at the end of your training whether your pokemon learned the move or not. The more powerful the move the harder it will be to learn.

Username:
Move wished to teach:
Reason:

The other way is the rare candies. Since all starter pokemon are at Lv.5 and everyone recieves 5 rare candies you can level rathre quickly, but you only get a certain ammount of them throughout your time at the school, so it's best to use them wisely  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:48 pm
DJ Double B

Trade: we're currently working on a system for how pokemon traded will work

Evolution stones: Depending on the stones, they could be given out through special events, through the teachers, found through rping and other ways that will be clear

Moss/Ice Rock and location based evolutions: those will be found throughout the guild's landscape. Such a moss rock in the woods, or a ice rock in a cave.

Beauty: similar to the trade one, we are currently working out on an idea for that evolution method

In regards to pokemon like Feebas, Magikarp and Abra...

Aside from Magikarp: Feebas and Abra can learn moves via TMs and tutoring.. In rule and regulations, there is a section on learning moves. You can request to learn a move that and go about learning them through rping.

As for Magikarp... they can learn Bounce

to know which moves they can learn, a good source is Bulbapedia or even Serebii.net.  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:40 am
Not sure if there a section that covers this or if I just missed it but I was wondering about catching wild Pokémon. Who determines the level and nature of the Wild Pokémon if its captured? Are we given the stats by a crew member or do we get to decided? And are Shiny Pokémon available as wild Pokémon to be captured, or is that considered a special occasion by the guild crew members?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:57 am
Erkowan
Not sure if there a section that covers this or if I just missed it but I was wondering about catching wild Pokémon. Who determines the level and nature of the Wild Pokémon if its captured? Are we given the stats by a crew member or do we get to decided? And are Shiny Pokémon available as wild Pokémon to be captured, or is that considered a special occasion by the guild crew members?

All that information is located in the Ordell Academy Guide titled the "Little Details" in the main forum.

Shinies are not available at the moment, but we will let players when and if they are able to catch a shiny.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:58 am
Shadow of Miracles
Erkowan

All that information is located in the Ordell Academy Guide titled the "Little Details" in the main forum.

Shinies are not available at the moment, but we will let players when and if they are able to catch a shiny.

XD Thank you, I will go look over that right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:59 pm
I've been plotting with SpazzticPanda, and we wanted to have our characters have known each other and been friends before coming to the academy. Is it alright if I change my profile to include this? I think for the profile I would just replace the part where I talk about her not having many friends / making a friend with her having made friends with them so it is simple.  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm
1) Is there any other way for our pokemon to gain EXP? (like battling NPCs or wild pokemon or even rp-ing out training sessions? )

2) In a pokemon battle, do you get EXP only if you win? Or can you get points for participating?

3) Learning moves : Can we apply only for moves our pokemon learn by leveling up? Or can we apply for TM/HM moves as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 am
Does anyone know how the colours of a house play into the uniform?
Like Marcus is in KIngdra house and their colors are blue and yellow so is the jacket of the uniform blue? or vest yellow?
Sorry if it seems like a weird question. I'm thinking of commissioning some art and I wanna give a good description.  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Does anyone know how the colours of a house play into the uniform?
Like Marcus is in KIngdra house and their colors are blue and yellow so is the jacket of the uniform blue? or vest yellow?
Sorry if it seems like a weird question. I'm thinking of commissioning some art and I wanna give a good description.

The main color of the uniform for each house is:
Salamence: Dark Turquoise
Charizard: Dark red
Flygon: Green
Kingdra: Blue

The secondary colors, in my head at at least, go towards the lining and vest/ties etc...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm
How long is this phase gonna last?  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 am