Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mik4ilah & By Whatever You Wish's introductory 4e D&D game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 am
Ok I think i'm done please check it out

Flames are you ok with this back story relating our characters?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 am
Mik4ilah

Flames are you ok with this back story relating our characters?

i was waiting for you to get a backstory for our characters so i could intertwine mine with yours razz
i can't do it right now but i'll be able to later hopefully  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:14 pm
Kowsauni
Here's Ambra Goldstar. Tiefling Wizard extraordinaire!

Here is also a little sketch my wife did up of her!

This sort of got bumped off the last page so I wanted to make sure you saw it.

Rain Yupa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 pm
Mik4ilah

You keep forgetting those skill bonuses and total surges. gonk

I'll run through everyone's backgrounds after, since that is easy peasy to fix if needed, though it rarely is.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:59 pm
Flames Burning Within
oh god i haven't even got around to doing my characters background yet gonk been busy lately

edit: done gaia_kittenstar good enough for me and i did the flavouring

You should list your warhammer with your equipment too 3nodding

Like I just posted, I'll go through actual backgrounds later. I didn't get up til almost 2pm, it's 4, and I haven't eaten anything yet nor done the things I needed to get done today mad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 pm
Kowsauni
Here's Ambra Goldstar, Tiefling Wizard extraordinaire!

Here is also a little sketch my wife did up of her!

Ambra has a face that screams mischief gonk

The only thing I can think of, is Hellfire Blood is Fire AND Fear. Though you have no Fear attacks, you have your attack space as 'fire'. I doubt it will come up with the planned duration of the game, but my instinct is to make sure you don't short yourself 3nodding

Also, could you check off the daily power you don't have prepared? You guys will be starting off game arriving in a town (looking for work or excitement or adventure, but there was no guarantee of it), so whichever one you think you would have traveled with would probably be best.

Mik, Flame, just to let you know, Wizards get 2 daily powers, but they can only prepare 1 or the other each day, to make them a bit more versatile. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:36 pm
I checked off the daily I don't have prepared.

Don't worry, she's a good girl, just a little rebellious. I have a hard time imagining people being scared of her, unless she, you know, lit them on fire first.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 pm
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

I'll run through everyone's backgrounds after, since that is easy peasy to fix if needed, though it rarely is.

wait what skill bonuses?  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:59 pm
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

wait what skill bonuses?

From being a Half-Elf ^-^ I mentioned them a couple times. +2 Racial bonus to Diplomacy, +2 Racial bonus to Insight (just list them under 'Misc') :3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:20 pm
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

wait what skill bonuses?

From being a Half-Elf ^-^ I mentioned them a couple times. +2 Racial bonus to Diplomacy, +2 Racial bonus to Insight (just list them under 'Misc') :3

Oh ok, i already added them to the common stats so i thought that was enough.  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:40 pm
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

wait what skill bonuses?

Oh no no no no, I see what you did now. That's not it. You don't have a TOTAL bonus of +2 to any diplomacy or insight skill checks you make. You have a bonus of 2 HIGHER. +2 to your other bonuses.

What you did was basically replace your skill bonus with "2", meaning you are denying yourself your charisma and wisdom bonuses, as well as 1/2 your level (which is rounded down, so when you hit level 2, you would actually get +1 more).

Your current Diplomacy and Insight should be +3 total. +1 from your Charisma and Wisdom, respectively, and +2 from your race. ^-^

And I see what you did with your healing surge thing too. That likewise is incorrect. 'H. Surge' (above the box, not below) is 1/2 your bloodied value. Basically, your total hit points (26) means you are bloodied when you reach half of that (13 hit points). Your healing surge value is half of THAT (so 1/4 your maximum HP). Half of 13 is 6.5, rounded down to 6.

Every time you spend a healing surge, you regain 6 hit points.

Your Surges/Day (the box below) is how many surges you can spend in a day. 6 + your Constitution modifier for a ranger... so 8 for you. That means you can spend 8 surges a day before you are unable to heal yourself.

To heal yourself in combat, you can use a Standard Action to use your "second wind" (something everyone can do) to spend a healing surge and get +2 bonus to all defenses until your next turn. Basically, you hunker down and compose yourself. You can spend as many healing surges as you want outside of combat, but only one in combat.

The exception to this is if a power allows you to spend a healing surge. More often than not, it will be in the form of a Leader-type character (here, Plainsfox's Warlord) using a power to allow you to spend a healing surge. This is separate from your healing wind, and a free action for you to do so. Some classes (like fighters) have a couple powers here and there that might let them heal themselves, but the leader-type classes are good at healing anybody!

(Note: Dwarves, like Flames, can spend a Second Wind as a minor action, meaning they can heal themselves and get a defense bonus, and still attack that same turn!)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:49 am
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

wait what skill bonuses?

Oh no no no no, I see what you did now. That's not it. You don't have a TOTAL bonus of +2 to any diplomacy or insight skill checks you make. You have a bonus of 2 HIGHER. +2 to your other bonuses.

What you did was basically replace your skill bonus with "2", meaning you are denying yourself your charisma and wisdom bonuses, as well as 1/2 your level (which is rounded down, so when you hit level 2, you would actually get +1 more).

Your current Diplomacy and Insight should be +3 total. +1 from your Charisma and Wisdom, respectively, and +2 from your race. ^-^

And I see what you did with your healing surge thing too. That likewise is incorrect. 'H. Surge' (above the box, not below) is 1/2 your bloodied value. Basically, your total hit points (26) means you are bloodied when you reach half of that (13 hit points). Your healing surge value is half of THAT (so 1/4 your maximum HP). Half of 13 is 6.5, rounded down to 6.

Every time you spend a healing surge, you regain 6 hit points.

Your Surges/Day (the box below) is how many surges you can spend in a day. 6 + your Constitution modifier for a ranger... so 8 for you. That means you can spend 8 surges a day before you are unable to heal yourself.

To heal yourself in combat, you can use a Standard Action to use your "second wind" (something everyone can do) to spend a healing surge and get +2 bonus to all defenses until your next turn. Basically, you hunker down and compose yourself. You can spend as many healing surges as you want outside of combat, but only one in combat.

The exception to this is if a power allows you to spend a healing surge. More often than not, it will be in the form of a Leader-type character (here, Plainsfox's Warlord) using a power to allow you to spend a healing surge. This is separate from your healing wind, and a free action for you to do so. Some classes (like fighters) have a couple powers here and there that might let them heal themselves, but the leader-type classes are good at healing anybody!

(Note: Dwarves, like Flames, can spend a Second Wind as a minor action, meaning they can heal themselves and get a defense bonus, and still attack that same turn!)

oh ok, sorry i didn't got it earlier. thank you!  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:44 am
Mik4ilah

Almost sweatdrop You just replaced "2" with "3" - which, while technically correct, isn't listed correctly. If you look, the number on the far left equals all the numbers to the right of it (a checked box, meaning a skill you are trained in, counts as "+5"). Acrobatics is 4 = 4. Stealth is 9 = 5 + 4.

Currently, you have both Diplomacy and Insight as 3 = 1. Instead of 3 = 1 + 2.

If you look at any of the others' character sheets, you will see how they have their racial bonuses listed (Flames has +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance; Plains has +2 Arcana, +2 History; Kow has +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth).

Here's an example of a higher level character with a bunch of modifications to the skill list. This Paladin is a tiefling, so has +2 to Bluff and Stealth, but also a feat that grants a +2 bonus to all unchecked skills ("untrained skills"), and a heavy armor modification to skills that are hindered by being in heavy armor. If you look, all the numbers on the left equal the sum of all numbers after it. The only things that the player modified in that whole list, was entering numbers into the Misc column, and checking boxes. ^-^ The ability modifiers and the heavy armor penalty are automatically fed into the grid from elsewhere in the sheet. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:59 am
Also, I read through everyone's backgrounds. All good, though Flames, it looks like you meant to write a little more? I presume about how you went from Captain of the Guard to adventuring...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:34 pm
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

Almost sweatdrop You just replaced "2" with "3" - which, while technically correct, isn't listed correctly. If you look, the number on the far left equals all the numbers to the right of it (a checked box, meaning a skill you are trained in, counts as "+5"). Acrobatics is 4 = 4. Stealth is 9 = 5 + 4.

Currently, you have both Diplomacy and Insight as 3 = 1. Instead of 3 = 1 + 2.

If you look at any of the others' character sheets, you will see how they have their racial bonuses listed (Flames has +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance; Plains has +2 Arcana, +2 History; Kow has +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth).

Here's an example of a higher level character with a bunch of modifications to the skill list. This Paladin is a tiefling, so has +2 to Bluff and Stealth, but also a feat that grants a +2 bonus to all unchecked skills ("untrained skills"), and a heavy armor modification to skills that are hindered by being in heavy armor. If you look, all the numbers on the left equal the sum of all numbers after it. The only things that the player modified in that whole list, was entering numbers into the Misc column, and checking boxes. ^-^ The ability modifiers and the heavy armor penalty are automatically fed into the grid from elsewhere in the sheet. 3nodding

Oh! ok, I fixed it properly now, thanks a lot.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff