Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:43 am
glitterboypilot
nope, just trying to settle on an idea. sorry

S'all good. I was teasing. Notice I added all that Artificer stuff. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 am
Quite fortunately added all that Artificer stuff biggrin
Like for real if not for that I probably wouldn't have rolled a character, I was trepidatious because of the home brew races mind-effing me what with it only being the second character I've made for pathfinder. It made it a little more complex.  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 am
Alzzak

You want to meld backstories G?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:43 am
Noahr93
Alzzak

You want to meld backstories G?

Works for me, I mean you was the main reason I moved my character from the cozy frozen tundra to the burning sands of desert life razz  

Alzzak

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 am
Alzzak

Nice. I was just thinking the childhood friend approach. Live in the same tribe and s**t.  
Xboxplayerj rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 1, 4, 4, 6, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 4, 4, 5, 1, 2, 5, 4, 1, 2 Total: 69 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm
Sexy powers  

Xboxplayerj

Xboxplayerj rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6 Total: 33 (8-48)

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:48 pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 pm
Reduce the number of rounds the barbarian is fatigued after ending a rage by 1/2 (minimum length of fatigue is 2 rounds).

is that for the current level? I don't understand how that would stack, like the others would  

Xboxplayerj

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm
Xboxplayerj
Reduce the number of rounds the barbarian is fatigued after ending a rage by 1/2 (minimum length of fatigue is 2 rounds).

is that for the current level? I don't understand how that would stack, like the others would

According to the rules, when a barbarian rages, once it ends, they are fatigued for a number of rounds equal to twice the number of rounds they raged. With this favored bonus, you can reduce the time of fatigue by 1 round every two levels you take the bonus. However, this only makes any difference if the rage lasts for longer than a single round because it stipulates that the fatigue cannot be reduced to less than 2 rounds. So if you're level 2 and you've taken this favored bonus both times, if you were to rage for 1 round and then end it, you would be fatigued for 2 rounds after that. But if you were to rage for 2 rounds, instead of being fatigued for 4 rounds as the rules state, you would only be fatigued for 3 rounds because the favored bonus reduced the time by 1 round.

Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xboxplayerj

According to the rules, when a barbarian rages, once it ends, they are fatigued for a number of rounds equal to twice the number of rounds they raged. With this favored bonus, you can reduce the time of fatigue by 1 round every two levels you take the bonus. However, this only makes any difference if the rage lasts for longer than a single round because it stipulates that the fatigue cannot be reduced to less than 2 rounds. So if you're level 2 and you've taken this favored bonus both times, if you were to rage for 1 round and then end it, you would be fatigued for 2 rounds after that. But if you were to rage for 2 rounds, instead of being fatigued for 4 rounds as the rules state, you would only be fatigued for 3 rounds because the favored bonus reduced the time by 1 round.

Does that make sense?
wouldn't it be still two rounds, instead of 3? take that twice, that is -2 rounds to the fatigued. Meaning a rage for 2 rounds, 4 rounds of fatigue -2 rounds fatigue resistance[no better name] would equal 2 rounds of rage caused fatigue.  

Xboxplayerj

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 pm
Xboxplayerj
wouldn't it be still two rounds, instead of 3? take that twice, that is -2 rounds to the fatigued. Meaning a rage for 2 rounds, 4 rounds of fatigue -2 rounds fatigue resistance[no better name] would equal 2 rounds of rage caused fatigue.

No, it only reduces the time by 1 round every 2 levels. That's the default method that Pathfinder uses to note bonuses that only go up with multiple acquisitions is the 1/# notation. It's not "reduced by half," it's "reduced by 1 round per 2 levels."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm
Death Mage?

or shadow assassin

And my third idea, the one I like the most, but question if it would unbalance the game, was to take 3e's iaijutsu focus and adding that to the Samurai's Sword Saint  

glitterboypilot

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 pm
Noahr93
Alzzak

Nice. I was just thinking the childhood friend approach. Live in the same tribe and s**t.

you might want to see what I have already, and we can move from there. Same tribe, and friends easy.... childhood not so easy  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm
if near me shadow.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm
Alzzak

Didn't catch what age he reached the camp sweatdrop

But yeah. I think we could make it work. Aalim didn't start Dervishing for a few more years so it gives plenty of time.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff