Darsto_23

Desirable Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 am
Red Gypsy

Rebecca fallowed beside Ash looking around and thanks to Ash having her duck as Gypsy went for a swing at him, she wasn't fully paying attention to what was going on but now she was and Ash seemed to get shocked by her saying Kael, Rebecca did not know who that was but seeing Ash stunded didn't seem like that was a good thing. Rebecca quickly stepped out of her way as she passed and watched her leave. "Alright... remind me never to piss her off." Rebecca joked a little and then looked at Ash "Who is Kael?" She asked  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:30 am
Darsto_23

Ash looked at Rebecca and tried to figure out the best way to explain this one. He opened his mouth then hesitated and went with the easiest thing to say, "Kael is complicated... And a very long story," he finally told her.

Thankfully, a distraction was on the way up the stairs and he smiled as he watched the woman with dark red hair to her ankles come up the stairs and halt in front of them, offering a smile as she turned her clear green eyes on Rebecca, "Ash... It's good to have you back. I think Lareth is a bit annoyed with you for some reason he hasn't seen fit to talk to me about, but I think I can guess why," she said in a soft voice, teasing the incubus a bit.

Ash just gave a soft chuckle and a nod, "Rebecca, meet Cynthia. Cynthia, meet my wife, Rebecca," he made the introductions easily, "Rebecca, love, would you please walk Cynthia up to her room? She looks tired," he suggested, knowing Rebecca would keep quiet about why Cynthia was so tired, "I'll take our bags to a room and track down Lareth," he added then gave her a kiss he knew would distract her long enough for him to get out of range for a bit.

He moved down the stairs, collected their bags, then moved back up the stairs and disappeared down the hallway.

Cynthia gave a bemused smile to Rebecca, "Lareth has that same effect on me when he kisses me..." she told her simply then motioned for her to continue on with her as she headed up the stairs, "Come on, you can tell me all about you and Ash, then I can tell you about me and Lareth while I get my feet up for a bit. Maybe you can help me figure out how to tell his high and mighty that his head-, and favorite, chef just quit," she said on the way to Lareth's Room...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Darsto_23

Desirable Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 am
Red Gypsy

Rebecca looked at the women that approached them and gave a warm smile back as she smiled at her. As Ash introduced Rebecca to her, Rebecca blushed a little hearing him call her wife, that was a new title she was not even use to either. Cynthia was lovely and she looked like a sweet person as well, Rebecca looked at Ash as he asked her to help Cynthia to her room, she didn't know why but that made her a little nervous as she was with Lareth, what if she ran into him without Ash, but before she could even continue her thoughts she got distracted easily by one of Ash's kisses, she was lucky she had hand on the railing to lean on as she melted a little under his kiss.

Once she came back down to earth Ash was already gone down the hall with there bags. Rebecca then blushed a little as she looked at Cynthia as she spoke to her. "Yes..it is hard not to melt from a kiss of the one you love." Rebecca says softly and starts to move beside Cynthia, she knew why she was tired but she kept it to herself. Rebecca couldn't seem to shake that feeling inside of her still, it was making a little on edge now that Ash was not at her side, but she stayed calm and Gave Cynthia a warm smile. "What would you like to know first about me and Ash? I will try to help on breaking the news to Lareth, but I have never met him. I've heard stories for sure.." She says softly. Rebecca was nervous to mention anything about her being made by Lucifer in this place. Yes, she is not joined with Lucifer, but that doesn't stop most people and from all she learned from when she lost her soul from Lucifer, Lareth was the least closest friend to Lucifer. Good thing she was wear her leather armor that covered her arms so no one could see Lucifer's mark on her.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:31 am
Darsto_23

Cynthia couldn't help but let a little bit of a tease into her smile at that point, "Tell me everything, of course. How you two met, what he's like in bed, how much he spoils you, any of his annoying habits, whatever he does that's absolutely adorably cute... Everything," she told her simply and winked at her as she walked with her down the hall towards the tower Lareth had claimed for his own.

Of course, call it years of experience, but she could see the girl's discomfort and had to try to reassure her, "If you're feeling a bit uncomfortable, it's probably because the castle's wards have been activated. Ost did it when he came back. Consider him the royal family's ultimate protector. He's a hybrid like Gypsy, only alot bigger and he's actually tied to the castle's grounds. There was an attack on a visitor and Ost activated the wards to help with the protections so no one else would get hurt. They can be a bit unnerving when you aren't used to them," she explained to her with a shrug of one shoulder over it all.

As a sorceress, she was used to the feeling of magic of all sorts so the wards didn't bother her at all. She'd even seen a few of the younger servants giving shivers when the wards had been activated and had spent most of the day explaining them. Pretty sad when you consider that all the servants in the castle were demons, but that was the way it went sometimes.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Darsto_23

Desirable Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:56 am
Red Gypsy

Rebecca smiled as Cynthia told her she wanted to know everything about her and Ash and well that was going to take a bit but might as well start somewhere and making friends with Lareths future wife, which she will keep to herself as well might be good to do. Rebecca wasn't a mean person anyways she always tried to make new friends with everyone she met.

Rebecca nodded softly as she explained about the wards "I see, well it dosent hurt to be safe ill just try my best to ignore them for now" Rebecca says lightly and gives a warm smile as she folds her hands thinking "Well how me and Ash met... I was sent to the Vampire Island to help protect and keep peace there. Ash was the first to greet me and show me around, I was also in a tough spot with myself as well, he helped me become whole again. He spoiled me so much I wasn't even use to it, got new clothes made for me cause I have wings, even had this leather armor I'm wearing now made for me as well..." She says and smiles brightly thinking of all the things he did for her, he was way too good for her but she won his heart and that made her happier then anything as he had hers as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 am
Darsto_23

Cynthia had to smile at what she told her then pointed to a doorway a few steps further on, "We can continue this upstairs. Much more comfortable up there and someone should be along shortly with something for us to drink," she suggested then lead the way.

((Exit))  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 am
Lareth had been running around trying to get the staff working faster. There was much to be done and the day was already at it's mid point, not leaving much time left until tomorrow.

He felt the veil ripple and stretch as he worked on helping carrying some laundry out to be dried.

He felt several presences and he sighed.

Great...just great....more guests. He put the basket with the linen in it down and let the ladies take it from there as they assured him rooms and beds would be ready by tonight.

As he was heading back to the entrance of the castle, he spotted his cook stomping to the gates. Lareth ran to catch him and when he did, he was not prepared for the man to scream at him about why he was quitting.

He didn't like how Lareth had incinerated half of the traitorous staff. It was wrong and he didn't want to work for a tyrant.

Lareth normally would have let the man's talk slide, but to call him a tyrant.....

The grounds shook hard and he soon had the man by the neck and lifted him off the ground. Flames came from his eyes.

"Tyrant?! Tyrant?! You have yet to see me as a tyrant! This whole realm has yet to see that side of me you ungrateful s**t! Just because I took action against those who would harm me, my guests, my people....my family....I am suddenly a tyrant!"

Lareth growled.
"If you want to see a Tyrant...well, I will show you exactly how much of one I can be."

Lareth used his other hand to grab the cooks main cooking hand which was the right hand and burned it. As the cook choked on his scream and tried to kick at Lareth, Lareth grinned.

He dropped the cook to the ground and the demon curled up on himself clutching and crying over his burned hand.

"Let's see you cook ever again...."

Lareth called for the guards who then dragged the crying former chef down into the dungeons to be tortured. As the man was dragged away, Lareth knew he had to make his presence more widely known....it was time to show the demons of his realm he would not tolerate betrayal.

There was no room anymore for a benevolent king anymore because apparently, it only brought problems.

He shook his head as he looked up at the sky and sighed. He sent out his magic and felt Ash, Gypsy, and two to three others he didn't recognize.

Well one seemed familiar, but he wasn't sure why it felt familiar.

He placed his hands on his hips. Now he needed a cook....There was one he knew of that cooked just as well as his former cook but he was in another realm. He bit his lip....he could borrow the man....return him before Sebastet found out....Well she owed him anyway for something he couldn't remember, but he was sure she would understand.

He wrapped himself in flames and was gone.

A few minutes later he reappeared with a confused looking human male. Lareth explained what he needed done and this was only temporary. When the chef agreed to help (well he had no other choice as Lareth said he would chop off his hands and send them to his mother if he didn't help) Lareth showed the man to the kitchens.

(exit)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:01 am
Hot Champion_of_justice

Ash finally found a room for himself and Rebecca then went looking for Lareth. Apparently the man wasn't easy to find anywhere. Everywhere Ash went, Lareth had 'only just been' then left again.

Then Ash found him. Okay, he almost walked into him, but managed to stop just in time as Lareth was coming out of the kitchen. The incubus froze for a moment then dropped to a knee and bowed his head as he silently prayed.

"My king... First, I know you're likely pissed off at me right now but I returned with Rebecca so you could meet her and with some slightly bad news. Apparently there's going to be an attack on the old ruins not too far from the castle. Gypsy and I are going to do our best to stop it. Rebecca is currently talking with Cynthia and I'm hoping she'll stay out of the fight, but there's no telling what she'll do.

"Also, you should know that Gypsy let it slip that Kael is back. He apparently faked his death and left for parts unknown. He also managed to calm Gypsy's demon. Alot," he spilled it all out as best as he could with plenty of humility and groveling in his voice.

He didn't want to get blasted and risk getting Rebecca killed as well.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:21 am
red Gypsy

Lareth was just coming out of the kitchens when he ran into someone. When he saw it was Ash, he raised his hand about to incinerate him. When the incubus dropped to his knee and began to spew forth a whole mess of information, he stayed his hand.

As he listened, he inwardly gritted his teeth and ground them.

Not only had Ash deserted him, Gypsy hadn't even stopped by to tell him she was banging his once good friend, and now a friend he thought dead, was alive and kicking enough, to be knocking boots with Gypsy.

Things were bad enough but what turned the king's mood black was the news that some ruins were going to be attacked soon.

He walked around Ash, letting the incubus stay where he was. He stopped a few feet away, the sand beneath his boots turning into glass as the demon was so angry, the heat from his feet turned the sand to glass.

"Go out and help Gypsy then, Ash....and Consider this your last job for me."

Lareth continued on his way with Ost.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 am
Hot Champion_of_justice

Okay, that hurt. He lowered his head even more with a heavy sigh. When he finally got to his feet, he turned to watch Lareth walking off.

"Forgive me, my king..." he said softly, then lowered his head as a single tear escaped his eye to roll down his face.

With those words, he knew Lareth would never accept that he'd had to follow his heart with Rebecca. Even though his loyalty still remained with his king.

He disappeared in a flash of flames to go directly to the ruins.

His tear dropped to the ground in his wake....  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 pm
Lareth stopped at the gate and looked out at the land before him. Ost was silent behind him and Lareth spoke to Ost even though he knew the guardian wouldn't answer him.

"Forgiveness....such a concept its hard to consider....but I cannot forgive him for what he has done."

Lareth flicked a finger and a nearby tree blew up and turned to ash.

"No, he should not have to ask for forgiveness for falling in love...That doesn't bother me. If he had correctly and accurately asked for forgiveness for ditching his ward in Sebastet's realm so he could be with his love, I would forgive him. But he didn't ask for that. He asked for forgiveness for the wrong thing.

Now I have a young incubus in Sebastet's home without Ash to help him learn his place in the world. It could be disastrous and I do not wish to ruin the peace we have between the realms because an untrained incubus in his 'art' may get mixed up and impregnate the whole island.

....besides.....now that he is in love, his loyalty is not to me anymore. It is to his chosen 'Rebecca'. Unlike him, I am not allowed to change my loyalty. I may have a mistress whom I hope to make my bride one day soon....but I cannot give her my full loyalty. No, My loyalty is to this kingdom and her people."

Lareth wanted to do more damage but he would have to refrain as he had guests and more coming tomorrow...he didn't need them seeing destroyed landscape.

"I do not understand Ost....why my home is constantly invaded...my people slaughtered or maimed, and I always seem powerless to do anything about it. It is no wonder my people think I am weak.

Sometimes I wonder....am I even really powerful enough to be king...."

Lareth shook his head. He looked at Ost now as he turned and looked at the castle.

"I thought I could do better than my father....now he was a tyrant, but still had respect throughout the lands. Why can I not balance as well as he did? Will my history be known simply as the 'powerless king'?

What am I doing wrong?"

Lareth ran a hand through his hair.
"Don't answer me now Ost...but why do you continue to follow? If you were free to do as you pleased....would you still follow? Would you at least give me notice you were to leave and find your destiny?"

Lareth clenched his gloved fists.
"Sometimes I wonder Ost....sometimes I wonder if killing my father for the throne was worth it."

Lareth headed towards the castle and to the throne room where he felt the familiar tug of energy of one who was supposed to be dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Ost was practically flying when he emerged from the front gate of the keep, leaping swiftly to the outer wall he paused as he sensed how near the limits of his ward net were. The last time he had left the wards many had suffered, he had failed his duty, he had incurred his King's wrath. Now, he was ordered to do so once again. The guardian sent to be the second line of defense for the realm. But, this time he would take no chances.

Ost shifted turning black and growing to his full titan aspect before singing briefly, strengthening the wards again and bonding their alert functions to King Lareth so that any violation or disruption would be felt by him immediately. There would be no weakening of the defenses in his absence this time. With that task complete he leaped from the wall, shifting back to his human form after he landed, and running toward the leyline ruins. He chose a path that would lead him to a good vantage point close enough to assist but far enough that he would not be noticed until he needed to act.

((Exit))  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:47 am
Shale arrived in the courtyard and found his masterwork golem archer exactly where he left it. With a wordless command he directed the golem to follow him to an out of the way and largely unobserved place within the shadow of the outer wall but still inside the castle grounds. Then, with the golem's aid, he began the process of crafting the golem forge circle.

The golem forge circle was a very specific kind of temporary magic circle that would destroy itself once the spell stopped, no matter the reason. Usually they would be crafted from chalk on stone or some other inert and simple material. Shale did not have that much time. His spells took a great deal of time and he could not afford the delay. With one smooth movement he used his magic to awaken his staff. It glowed red and began to call his blood, pulling it through his skin until numerous small injuries formed on his hands and lower arms. The blood flowed freely until it was a few inches from the ground. Then it seperated into droplets which drifted until they found their place in the circle before settling into their proper positions. The resulting circle was barely ten feet across but included eleven distinct circles of runes, symbols, numbers, and archaic words in varying combinations. He placed his golem in the center of the circle with its humanoid hand outstretched, palm up. Then he modified the spells on the hand to make it a better focus for accelerating the spell.

The spell was ready. Shale Elkeil took his position outside the circle in the place of strongest power and planted his staff in the ground before him. His blood continued to flow without disturbing him in the slightest. On the contrary, it continued to reinforce the circle and strengthen the golem, thereby supporting the spell. Then he began to chant a simple mantra for concentration while he willed the spell to slowly take shape. A small cloud of dull grey flames sparked to life and began to drift lazily around the golem's hand. Each one would slowly grow, take a place on the hand, and then finish its transformation into a pigeon sized version of a raven with blood red eyes and needles under its feathers. These would be his contribution to the castle and his first tribute to his new King. It might not be much, but it seemed a good idea to make himself as helpful as possible for awhile.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 pm
Darsto_23

Red Gypsy

Hot Champion_of_justice

Alba Derosso

Ost dropped into the courtyard from a significant height with his passengers still held close. The moment he passed the outer wards he let out a small musical tone that carried his return to the King. Its notes also signaled that the defense had failed. Before even receiving a response he lowered his charges to the ground gently and then returned to his human form complete with uniform. But, he did not speak to those he had just brought back. He had something else to do. He tipped his head back and sang. The song was wordless and slow, complex and patient. The wards twisted and rippled, growing not only stronger still with both Ost and the King linked to them, but also resistant to the kind of soul magic that he had been studying during the battle. It would help against any further attacks by that kind of power by disrupting the ability to control bound souls.

His song also could be heard throughout the castle and would likely attract some kind of aid. While he had not been specifically ordered to save them it had not been something that he had to go out of his way to do. Besides, they would need every able combatant to help bring that level of foe down.

He continued his song to add all the power he could to the wards but he did notice that there were at least a couple dozen small black birds perched on various ledges that had not been in the castle before. That was when he felt the magic. They were golems, weak but still potentially useful. They also felt like the newly promoted Baron. So, he was trying to aid in a crisis on his own initiative. The first reaction Ost had to that realization was the thought that that the King was too on edge for taking initiative to be a safe course. But, it was a good sign.

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Darsto_23

Desirable Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:01 am
Haeo
Darsto_23

Red Gypsy

Hot Champion_of_justice

Alba Derosso

Rebecca softly set Ash down starting to remove his arm to help him breath better and for her to get a better look at him. She then quickly went over to Gypsy checking her neck and she could tell she was weak with energy, Rebecca puts a soft hand over her chest transfering some of her energy to her knowing her demon would accpet it and start healing better.

Rebecca then moved back over to Ash as aid came from Oras call she told them what she needed as they brought things and Rebecca started to work on cleaning Ash up and patching up any wounds left bleeding, she was no Desha but she knew enough to keep them both alive, but they will need to rest for awhile.

Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff