Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 pm
Justice thanks Lad for his information, nodding slightly. His name is really Lad? But then, who am I to talk.... She smiles slightly to herself. She doesn't change her readiness--Justice is always on guard.

"Quite a group we've got here, from the looks of it," she says to Hur' Oc. "Should make the job interesting, at the least."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 am
User ImageCley smiles at Ziya and Tael. "I haven't had the chance yet, no. Tehila and I got here right before everyone boarded, after all. It's a pleasure to meet you both. All of you, actually," she says, as she looks around the table at the assembled group. "I hope that we'll have a quiet and safe trip." She looks over her shoulder, trying to get a bead on where the suspicious folks in the room might be, and also ensuring that her sword is still within arm's reach.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm
User ImageA cat-like grin crossed Tehila's purple lips when Cley got snagged into a conversation with the cute rapier guy. After all, she was very curious to see how the paladin actually handled herself around someone who so obviously was doing their best to nonchalantly hit on her, and she was eagerly looking forward to teasing her mercilessly.

When the guy walked up to her and warned her about the ne'erdowells aboard the ship, she smiled. "It's good of you to warn me. I very much appreciate it when someone is so chivalrous and concerned for my well being. I'm Tehila. I see you were talking to Cley-dear earlier." She smiled and gestured for Lad to come closer as she began to whisper. "Cley-dear's a very special friend. I hope you'll treat her well." She winked and stretched in her chair a little, showing off a bit for him. She'd have rather been able to keep sitting next to Cley, but these other folks were alright for the moment. She looked over at the orc, the half-elf, the other woman, and the guy who was clearly trying to avoid looking at her across the table. This could very well be fun.

"So, what do you do?" she asked the orc, as if she couldn't guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 am
He looked back to Tehila with a shrug, she was mildly attractive to him because she wasn't pink and she didn't seem to be stuck up, but he still wasn't particularly interested, still the wondering thoughts were a pleasant distraction from the- how horrible this all was. He paused "Thanks for the warning, but it's pretty obvious the gnome's not a pie maker, or carpenter." He lowers his voice with a smile, raising his arms a bit for the universal get closer huddle sign. "He however is an obvious architect. A bit over dramatically how ever there are obvious facts. He works for something corrupt, he stinks of foul magic, he associates with thugs, he tames evil dragons, he has bigger dragons, and we were hired to help with a ritual's execution on an island. I'm surprised the Paladin isn't melting from heresy or some such... Even if you arn't seeing it, it wouldn't be the first time the malign forces have pulled the wool over the Templarate's eyes." He makes sure he wasn't over heard briefly looking about. Finishing quickly, "We best play stupid and see how things play out," He then finished like he was telling the most off color joke he could think of to spare the poor nobles a common soldier's banter "That's when the fox demon started screaming at me awkwardly! I had to leave after that..." He sighed wistfully.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:24 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
User Image "It's good of you to warn me. I very much appreciate it when someone is so chivalrous and concerned for my well being. I'm Tehila. I see you were talking to Cley-dear earlier." She smiled and gestured for Lad to come closer as she began to whisper. "Cley-dear's a very special friend. I hope you'll treat her well." She winked and stretched in her chair a little, showing off a bit for him.

Lad eyes Tehila appreciatively, both because she's attractive and because it would be rude not to let her know so after she made sure to preen for him. He smiles as she speaks of Cley, a sparkle in his eye as some very interesting images popped into his head, and then gives Tehila a sharp nod and a bigger smile.

Wrasynth Ksyamen
"Thanks for the warning, but it's pretty obvious the gnome's not a pie maker, or carpenter." He lowers his voice with a smile, raising his arms a bit for the universal get closer huddle sign. "He however is an obvious architect. A bit over dramatically how ever there are obvious facts. He works for something corrupt, he stinks of foul magic, he associates with thugs, he tames evil dragons, he has bigger dragons, and we were hired to help with a ritual's execution on an island. I'm surprised the Paladin isn't melting from heresy or some such... Even if you arn't seeing it, it wouldn't be the first time the malign forces have pulled the wool over the Templarate's eyes." He makes sure he wasn't over heard briefly looking about. Finishing quickly, "We best play stupid and see how things play out," He then finished like he was telling the most off color joke he could think of to spare the poor nobles a common soldier's banter "That's when the fox demon started screaming at me awkwardly! I had to leave after that..." He sighed wistfully.

Lad laughs along with Hur 'Oc for a moment, going along with the facade, but his mind races. I don't think he understood my point....is it better to be polite and let it go, or to make sure he's not looking in the wrong direction if an attack comes? Probably the latter... Lad keeps his voice low and tries to frame his response as diplomatically as he can. "It's good to know your suspicions of our employer, though I'll let you know that he didn't actually register as evil when I checked. But I was actually talking about some gentlemen who at least did not appear to be related to Count Drago. They came from some military looking carriages, and evil dripped from them as though they'd gotten soaked in it from a summer downpour. They're at least a more immediate threat." He gives a cheerful smile before going to his aforementioned seat.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:47 pm
User ImageCley felt something hot rise up in her chest as she saw Tehila preening for Lad and his reaction. She wasn't entirely sure why, but that kind of bugged her a little bit...

She smiled at Lad again as he sat back down. "So, what do you do, Lad? You're not like any paladin I've ever met before. You have very light armor, and a very light weapon. It's not a common sight."

{Rolling Perception to see if she hears Hur'Oc. +1 Perception. Nope. Okay, then. Got nothin' else to say.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm
Justice continues to watch her fellow bodyguards with amusement. While quiet herself, she certainly enjoys watching people interact. But she should probably participate a bit more. The human man seems slightly ill at ease, so she turns to him. "I'm Justice. What's your name, and what do you bring to this interesting crew?" She smiles pleasantly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 pm
User ImageEnjoying the look in Lad's eyes as she said something entirely innocuous but loaded with innuendo, she appreciated that his mind went right to where she'd hoped. That could be a fun little thing to watch develop.

"Oh, yes," she said, leaning towards Justice and Ziya. "We should really all get to know each other better. I'm Tehila of the Violet Note. I'm something of a singer and dancer. And I have a whip..." twisted  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User ImageCley felt something hot rise up in her chest as she saw Tehila preening for Lad and his reaction. She wasn't entirely sure why, but that kind of bugged her a little bit...

She smiled at Lad again as he sat back down. "So, what do you do, Lad? You're not like any paladin I've ever met before. You have very light armor, and a very light weapon. It's not a common sight."

{Rolling Perception to see if she hears Hur'Oc. +1 Perception. Nope. Okay, then. Got nothin' else to say.}

"Actually, I'm not wearing armor--gets in the way of my spellcasting. I'm primarily a sorcerer, honestly. The paladin thing goes back to my early training. My uncle's a cleric of Iomedae, actually, though I haven't dedicated myself to a particular god." Lad smiles cheerily and then leans in a little closer to Cley so that his eyes are level with hers. "I guess I just haven't found one who interests me that much yet."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Usually Taelka loved to talk, but he deemed it better if he just observed his companions. They seemed well enough, although somewhat fruity. He simply smiled and mused.  

Laelless

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 pm
Casting uneasy glances in Tehila's direction, Ziya muttered a somewhat awkward "A pleasure to meet you, Justice. Tehila. My name is Ziya. I'm a priest of the natural world. I... fly. Sometimes... As a bird... And I call animals and natural beasts to fight for me, as well as relying on magic. I'm not much in a real fight." He shifted in his seat slightly, clearly unsure what to do about the brazen demon-girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:19 am
jennibert
"Actually, I'm not wearing armor--gets in the way of my spellcasting. I'm primarily a sorcerer, honestly. The paladin thing goes back to my early training. My uncle's a cleric of Iomedae, actually, though I haven't dedicated myself to a particular god." Lad smiles cheerily and then leans in a little closer to Cley so that his eyes are level with hers. "I guess I just haven't found one who interests me that much yet."

User Image"Well, then, you're even less like any other paladin I've met before." She smiles back at him. "There's all sorts of gods out there, of course, but there's only a small handful that I suspect would interest you..."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User Image"Well, then, you're even less like any other paladin I've met before." She smiles back at him. "There's all sorts of gods out there, of course, but there's only a small handful that I suspect would interest you..."

User Image"I don't know, I could be interested in a lot of different gods," Lad says cheerily. "Not the evil ones, of course, but lots of other sorts...But I'm glad not to be like others you've met. I enjoy being unique." Lad leans back, looking over the assembled party. "Though I guess I'm a bit redundant in this group. There's another paladin--you--and another sorcerer--Tael. Guess I'll just have to be inventive to make myself stand out."

He pushes some of his shaggy black hair behind one of his pointed ears and looks around the room. Probably should be paying some attention to the crowd for when the boss shows up...wouldn't do at all if the bodyguards miss a threat in the first hour of employment!

{Lad's making a perception check, for all the good it'll do him with his +2 bonus. smile }  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:08 pm
Hur' Oc paused, he sighed in aggravation. It bothered him when he felt like the smartest person in the room, or the most confused. It seemed to him like he was the only putting the facts together; he also figured he might be getting confused again...

He paused hating the self doubt, but he swallowed it back having to be confident in what he thought was true. Still he suddenly felt very very self conscious and decided to step off to the side. He attempted to throw on the front of just being agitated and decided to head off to the side and out of the way start putting his armor on while waiting for the crowd to settle down.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:01 pm
(((Eh I don't know how I want to do this, but I'll just describe the room to you.

Its a large room with high ceilings and a few rooms shooting off from it. At the aft end of the ship is the hallway you entered through. As you passed through it you saw an engine room sign on a heavily locked door as well as hearing the sounds of whirling gears.

The room you are currently in is decorated in nude statues and designs of red and gold. There are many round tables scattered about that can easily sit ten people a piece. This is a very luxurious room and waiters are coming in and out of the kitchen doors taking orders.

At the forward end of the room is a hallway and two doors, the doors are marked restrooms and closet. The hallway leads to the staterooms for the guest on this side of the ship, but also features a door to the kitchen just inside the hall.))

The count came down the hallway followed by four soldiers. He was smiling pleasantly as they held him by either arm and tossed him forward into the main room. He got up and dusted himself off, waving to the bodyguards in a manner as to say, don't worry, I'm fine, then he approached the table and hopped up on a remaining seat in the sea of empty ones. It seemed that his body guards were becoming chummy, that was good to see.

The four soldiers fanned out doubling up with the others. Two by the aft hallway, two by the heavily locked door to the aft walkway. Two by the hallway to the kitchen, and two on the other wall near the windows. One of the guys by the kitchen door spoke. "Alright, listen up. My name is Staff Sergeant Boyles. I'm in charge of security for this half of the ship. We are about to take off, after we do you cannot leave this room until I give you the clear. The exception is for the waiters and those of you needing latrine breaks. That said, PFC Jonesy is waiting over there by the bathrooms. in case you need a break. Ladies, I'm sorry, but you'll be needing to leave the door open a crack as we can't risk you taking to long. If you have any problems with these rules, suck em up til Captain Sadler arrives, then complain to him. Otherwise have a pleasant flight." He returned to his post, holding tightly to the longswords at his side.

Drago leaned in to his group. "Okay, questions now, but keep it quiet. Those guards just about flipped when they found me in my room unpacking. It seems suspicious to me."

Suspicious or not the ship began to vibrate a little as they began to take flight, the harbor began to drift away, and soon there was nothing but a sea of clouds.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff