Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies (3.5; Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:16 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Arc Vembris
Disciple of Sakura
I'd *like* this game to be an exception to the rule that none of the games on this forum ever last more than 1-2 encounters...

I beg your pardon, I'll give you the examples of both my Keep on the Shadowfell and City of Towers games. Admittedly, I did start adventure H1 mere months before 4e came out and I'm almost done, I swear! And with none of the original party members. It's not about how quickly your players defect, it's how quickly you can replace them.

So then you've got a couple of exceptional games as well. I suppose having participated in no less than six games (at least) that all dead-ended, I'm a little less than convinced that ongoing successful games are the norm.

Oh I'm sure I've been in more failed games than that here. Oddly most of them were 3.5 games, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the system itself.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 pm
glitterboypilot
Could I do a ninja instead?

Sure. It's basically almost a monk anyway. I'll allow it.

It's not like Swordsages don't make better ninjas anyway. Sucks to not be able to find the ToB.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 pm
I was thrilled when I saw the ninja class, and then appalled at what narrow options it had for builds. Swordsage has it beat nine blades from Sunday.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:51 pm
Disciple of Sakura
glitterboypilot

It's not like Swordsages don't make better ninjas anyway. Sucks to not be able to find the ToB.
It does believe me. I am not big fan of the Tome of magic, mostly case the classes seemed a little broken for casters or to far in the left field, but the Tome of battle was another thing altogether. My favorite two was the Swordsage and, I believe it is called Warblade, The one with the weapon aptitude ability
Arc Vembris
I was thrilled when I saw the ninja class, and then appalled at what narrow options it had for builds. Swordsage has it beat nine blades from Sunday.
Agreed but I don't have many options at the moment.  

glitterboypilot

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 pm
glitterboypilot
Disciple of Sakura
glitterboypilot

It does believe me. I am not big fan of the Tome of magic, mostly case the classes seemed a little broken for casters or to far in the left field, but the Tome of battle was another thing altogether. My favorite two was the Swordsage and, I believe it is called Warblade, The one with the weapon aptitude ability

I was thrilled by ToM when it came out, but after some exploration the Shadowcaster requires a much tougher and subtle form of play than other classes would push on you, there's just too few options to deal damage, and most everything seems focused on battlefield control and misdirection, relying a lot on your allies to actually do the fighting. I've heard many tales of how busted the math is for the Truenamer, and experience has taught me that a Binder will never be the melee beast I want him to be, although at this stage in the game any class that can maintain its powers from encounter-to-encounter is attractive. HENCE TOME OF BATTLE.

A fun Shadowcaster build that I toyed with in a short-lived game once was an Adamantine-body warforged. She could rely on fundamentals and eat the spell failure for her sole daily mystery on level one, and at level two she could apply for Still Mystery, allowing her full casting without penalty in her +8 heavy armor DR/adamantine body.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:26 pm
Arc Vembris
I was thrilled by ToM when it came out, but after some exploration the Shadowcaster requires a much tougher and subtle form of play than other classes would push on you, there's just too few options to deal damage, and most everything seems focused on battlefield control and misdirection, relying a lot on your allies to actually do the fighting. I've heard many tales of how busted the math is for the Truenamer, and experience has taught me that a Binder will never be the melee beast I want him to be, although at this stage in the game any class that can maintain its powers from encounter-to-encounter is attractive. HENCE TOME OF BATTLE.

A fun Shadowcaster build that I toyed with in a short-lived game once was an Adamantine-body warforged. She could rely on fundamentals and eat the spell failure for her sole daily mystery on level one, and at level two she could apply for Still Mystery, allowing her full casting without penalty in her +8 heavy armor DR/adamantine body.

To be honest, the only part of Tome of Magic I liked was a prestige class in the Shadowcaster line. Shadowsmith, the class could form almost anything simple from shadows, weapons, tools, armor.

Although, I never could put that class into play...Hay DM!!!  

glitterboypilot

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:28 pm
Gestalt Binder/Incarnate.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:05 am
I was gonna draw something but I ran out of time, so I just grabbed a cropped cover of The Binding Stone  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:27 pm
Raganui Minamoto

Just noticed this: Van lacks any background or other flavor text. Backgrounds are a requirement for participation.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 pm
Knew I forgot something. Unfortunately, I'm not fully knowledgeable of the setting, so, it's not going to be much.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Oh gosh, lucky me I know all about this setting I've never even heard of, that explains how I was

What do you need to know? People live in the sky, the ground is poison. Consortium is teh Evil Empire. Tell us about Van, the setting isn't your job to detail.

Honestly, I just imagined it was Star Wars in-atmosphere and went form there.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 pm
I wrote down a bit.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 am
You guys have fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm
Who made it in?  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks to everyone who entered characters. I wasn't able to work all of you in, but you never know when someone will drop out and there'll be an opening.

Hopefully I'll have a starting adventure post in the next day or two.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff