Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:55 pm
Not sure if there are 7 heroic feats worth taking.

Backstabber, Weapon Expertise, Parrying Dagger Prof., Nimble Blade, Wintertouched, & Weapon Focus(?) makes 6. Action surge would probably be 7th, as a human. That would make Adroit Explorer a lot more appealing but at the cost of Daggermaster's crit range, or the melee benefits of Halfling + Shadow Assassin. Merc will have to give the matter some thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:09 pm
Very big "hmmmmm" there.

Shadowy rogue, perhaps ... it may not do, though, especially in what you're planning.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:41 pm
Going Artful Dodger. Just some of the other details Merc can't decide on.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:15 pm
Mercenary of Chaos
Going Artful Dodger. Just some of the other details Merc can't decide on.
ah, smart.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:22 pm
Dion, you may need to correct me, but your skills are a little off ... i think. From what i got, Athletics (with your strength mod being +5 plus half level) SHOULD be 17, not 15.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 pm
Belessunu, Shardmind Ardent Paladin/Ardent of Ioun  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:27 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Dion, you may need to correct me, but your skills are a little off ... i think. From what i got, Athletics (with your strength mod being +5 plus half level) SHOULD be 17, not 15.

Crunched the numbers again. I forgot about the +2 racial to athletics, but I also get a +2 to the same score thanks to Rune of Zeal. So its 19 for athletics. The other scores should be fine.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 pm
Which ability skills got what score, and how much were they boosted at the levels 4 and 8? Something STILL didn't fit ...  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:44 pm
Arc Vembris

pretty sweet stats

Now I'm confused about this gear stuff, we get gold as per our level and we do what now with items?
Arc, please note on your sheet what shardmind bonus you chose. didn't check the bottom of the sheet - oops
i am mystified at how you make your pally low strength ... but you have a plan. But where'd you get your arcana training? Rules only allow 4 training for your race/class choice and your mandatory is religion. According to most recent updates, you only have two at-wills, and you have, to my count, 3. Please explain?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:52 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Which ability skills got what score, and how much were they boosted at the levels 4 and 8? Something STILL didn't fit ...

Strength and Constitution at both 4 and 8. 17,13,13,12,12,12 was my score, and I get a +2 to Str and Con at the beginning. So I had 19,15,13,12,12,12 to start, which would result in 21,17,13,12,12,12, leaving me a +5 for Str.

1/2 level + mod would be 10, +5 for training makes 15. I get a race bonus to Athletics which makes 17, and Rune of Zeal gives athletics and endurance +1 for each rune feat, of which I have 2, so another +2, which makes 19 for Athletics.

In short, I can run a marathon.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 pm
Okay, i think something is wrong either on my side with the D&D Insider Character Builder or something is off with the sheets. Dion, i think you're only allowed 4 skills to train and Religion is mandatory. The dungeoneering one is odd man out. Help a brutha out.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Okay, i think something is wrong either on my side with the D&D Insider Character Builder or something is off with the sheets. Dion, i think you're only allowed 4 skills to train and Religion is mandatory.

Student of the Sword gives me an additional skill to train, to which I chose Dungeoneering (granted as a class skill through my background).  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:02 pm
Dion Necurat
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Okay, i think something is wrong either on my side with the D&D Insider Character Builder or something is off with the sheets. Dion, i think you're only allowed 4 skills to train and Religion is mandatory.

Student of the Sword gives me an additional skill to train, to which I chose Dungeoneering (granted as a class skill through my background).
okay. Ugh, i hate that i can lose track >< That's probably going to account for Arc's having 5 skills trained.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Dion Necurat
Wolfram Asher Davidson

okay. Ugh, i hate that i can lose track >< That's probably going to account for Arc's having 5 skills trained.

Its all good. I didn't even realize how good Student of the Sword was until I started utilizing it with my Runepriests.

Also, while I haven't played Shardminds before, I think they get Arcana automatically as a skill...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm
The builder didn't reflect it, is why. i'll wait for his response, but i'm thinking it's my end.

enough auditing on my end tonight. work tomorrow ><  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces