Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a little competition? [1-2 slots available] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good or Evil Team?
  Good is the way to go!
  Evil rocks my socks!
  Meh. I think I'll just take the gold.
View Results

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am
*laughs* Right.

So we're still waiting on just one more person to join in, are we? *SIGH* It's not like I can take two characters, one for each group... Actually, that is a possibility if we don't get another person in the next... say... week or so. Any heartfelt objections? It would just be more work for me, obviously...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am
no not at all. I'm a bit impatient to play myself. Or we could just start with 5 a piece if it's took much work? But then you wouldn't to get play that avenger you made. sad COME ON there has to be at lest one more good hearted hero in our guild?  

Bound Birdie

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am
In defense of the option of me playing one character on each team, it would ensure that I wouldn't favor one side over the other, since two of my most beloved character concepts would be at stake, one on either side... *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 pm
I feel sorta bad voicing this, but I generally do not approve of DM PC's making appearances in games as such. I've not once known it to end well. >____<

And I'll poke about and see if some folks i know have any interest in this game or not.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 pm
I too have felt a bit of concern over this. Not in general, per se. But in a game where the two teams aren't supposed to know what the other is doing, it seems to be a conflict of interest to me.

But ultimately its your game and your decision. smile

I don't mind beginning with less than 6 players on each team, for the record.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 pm
In my main IRL game the DM plays an NPC. Always had, I quite like it. mrgreen

Though he's always the darkhorse of the group. Never know how truely loyal he is...

I agree with Rain though, in a game where it's PVP with crafty elements it'll definitely be a bit weird.  

joe-dude667

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 pm
I've seen a few dm's pcs really save everybody, like all those games where nobody want's to play a healer. What always end up tagging along. A paladin! or a cleric for those lack of leader situations.
Though those have always been helpers (or shields depending >.<) not a competitor...
Either we should just start being the sides are even Or you should play one on each side so that there is sure to be no favoritism and we can still start to play. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 am
Bumpish.

Come on people just one more person! I want to start this game already. crying  

joe-dude667

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 am
I've heard that DM PCs are a bad idea, but I realize that as the DM, I'm not going to be doing all that much here except moderating the little war between the two groups and being the rulebook. If it was any normal game where the DM has more of a part to play, then I would just have a recurring NPC or two.

And I'm going to know what both groups are doing anyway...

Let's go with this for the time being: we'll start, then I'll decide if the teams could use another person. Sound good?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am
*thumbs up*  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:46 pm
yesplz starts nao!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm
Sound or-sum.  

joe-dude667

Durgress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm
*flexes evil muscle*
Ah, haven't had a change to be a completely depraved madman since my stint as a vampire, this should be fun!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Finally *dashes to off to sub forum*  

Bound Birdie

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 pm
I posted stuff in the OOC threads of the subforum. Go check it out.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff