Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:45 am
The Line in the Sand
User Image
(The platform for the portal is one square off the ground. )

Initiative Order
Fumiyo:
Maukein:
Twyla: HP: 35/42
Valac: HP: 56/56
Revenge: 21/53
Ramona:
Kuori: 43/43
Ruin: 26/49

At the end of Revenge's bluff Ramona gives him a sideways glance before flying off in the direction of the wagon. With Maukein being out of sight behind the portal it is not entirely clear if she belies his statement or not but after a moment or two she does speak up. "Did you say you have a goliath named Kuori with you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 pm
Kuori will continue charging forward, nearly at the portal she seems serious. Not murderous. Not battle crazed Not even angry, despite the yelling. She seems disappointed, betrayed. "Last chance for an honorable death." She speaks loud enough to cary her voice, "If you even remember what honor is. Your masters seem to have beat that out of you given that you cower and cling to that stone like you know the shame that you've brought my clan." She says my clan with an emphasis denoting that the Goliath behond the rock no longer has claim to it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 pm
FREE ACTION

"Ta-da. Quintessential Kuori," Revenge would say, without the slightest hint of amusement in his voice, in response to Maukein's question.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 am
The Line in the Sand
User Image
(The platform for the portal is one square off the ground. )

Initiative Order
Fumiyo:
Maukein:
Twyla: HP: 35/42
Valac: HP: 56/56
Revenge: 21/53
Ramona:
Kuori: 43/43
Ruin: 26/49

((I'm ending combat for now, but if anyone takes any aggressive actions we fall back into initiative starting at Maukein's turn.))

Maukein walks out from behind the stone pillar with her bow notched and drawn at the ready. She looks ready to shoot at the slightest provocation. She shouts at Ruin. "Get off those steps, fool, unless you want to come back with me."

Maukein finally turns her attention to the yelling Kuori now that she had gotten closer. For those in the immediate vicinity of Maukein, they see her expression soften as a flicker of emotion enters her eyes. However, her face quickly becomes stern once again. "So it is true. After all these years, what a surprise to finally meet you again, sister. Before you speak of our Clan, you really should return home. See what is left, if anything."

Kuori can see without a doubt that the Goliath standing before her is her younger sister, Maukein. She is no longer the child she was when Kuori last left her tribe to adventure. From the gaping tooth filled maw now embedded in her stomach and the tentacles sprouting from her back Kouri can her sister has been transformed, at least partly, into one of the most nefarious residents of the underdark. Maukein is now part Roper.

The stones of the portal begin to shimmer and hum loud enough for everyone to hear. It is unclear how much longer the portal will remain.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:25 am
Kuori is going to keep running for the portal, as she has been. "I left when they were thriving. If things are as bad as you say, you left them that way and joined up with the worst monsters I've yet to encounter."

Kuori is going to keep going for the portal. If she has her way, either they are both staying or both going.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:55 am
Maukein seemed to become visibly angry at Kuori's words and began to shout. "YOU WEREN'T THERE. When the shadows of the under dark crept closer to our town, you weren't there! When the Drow army came with their Illithid allies, you weren't there! As my limbs were bound by the slavers with our home burning feet away, you weren't there! As mother and father..." Maukein trails off, unable to continue. She glares at her sister.

"Don't even begin to pretend to understand what I've been through Kuori. The Drow, the Illithid, Aria and the other human kingdoms of this surface world, they are all just different sides of the same coin, but I have found my path. I don't give a damn what you or your friends think. Go home Kuori! If anything remains of our clan than I am sure they could use your help. With Aria as my ally I will soon be heading there myself with the power to finally do something."

The portal structure begins to glow and hum even louder. It does not seem there is much more time for it to remain.

((Kuori is now at DD1 on the map Muakein is standing at G23.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:04 am
Ruin didn't want to get between a family dispute, but As his mind thought back to the army that just ran. He could stop his mouth form opening once more. "You and .. my people? An army that had so many advantages and still lost when these people joined the fight... If your lucky, you will be enslaved again." Ruin laughed as he stood up and walked a few squares away from the steps(R24). "You speak of honor, but, without your abilities... you are nothing. Then and now. And to be honest, I would now bet, you refused to act when your parents were being killed. Like the coward you are, you hid."

(Intimidate 24 to entice her to step away from the portal and defend her 'honor' without her Aria given abilities, or break down and cry... either one is good.

reminder: +5 to defenses for attacks over 5 squares away)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 am
No sooner does Ruin finish speaking then an Maukein lets loose her arrow and it flies pass Ruin a mere few inches from his head.

"Don't you DARE speak about something you know nothing about! I fought my hardest and could do nothing! And were do you get off saying such things, you hypocritical b*****d! Don't think I don't recognize you for what you are. The last person who gets to lecture me on power is the person who sold his soul for it!.

Maukein reaches back and draws another arrow from her quiver as the stones glow even brighter.

(Will update map tomorrow. Just a reminder, take no further actions then you could in a normal turn when you post. I'm seeing what people do first but any aggressive action returns us to combat and the previous initiative order.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Immidiate interupt, disruptive shot.

As the arrow leaves her sister's bow, Kuori shoots it and turns it into a rain of splinters that hit the ground. "And you don't get to judge him. He sold his soul, but at least he is honest with himself about it. You maintain the illusion of freedom while thinking that Aria is going to save the remnants of our clan. How? Enslaving our children, killing our men, and taking our women off to laboratories to be turned into chimera's like you? How is that better? At least the mindflayers won't hurt them when they kill them. At least now they have a chance to fight their enemies instead of having percieved allies stab them in the back. You are a tool to them, an obiediant dog that will take them back to our ancestral home so that them can make more monsters and ruin more lives. I came to the surface to hunt new monsters, and Aria produces the worst ones. Not people like Abby or Ramona, but true monsters like Major Nathaniel or whatever his name was. People that delight in the suffering of others and will raze entire towns for a payday. You defend people like that, I defend the ones they took from families lile ours. Good people who's lives were ruined by your employers." She nocks another arrow, but leaves her bow pointed at the ground. "Either acknowledge that they are scum and step off of there, or I'm coming with and you know what will happen to me when I show up with you. If you are going to call me out on abandonning our family, are you willing to throw away the last relative you have?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 am
Maukein glares at her sister for thwarting her attack but her lips suddenly twist up into a smirk as if she has remembered some funny memory from her past.

"Kuori, you always were so quick to make assumptions. I know Aria is no good and that I am nothing more than an enslaved tool of their own dark creation. But I can use them, just as they have used me, to accomplish my goals. I know some of our brothers must still be alive. I can feel it, and I'm going to go rescue them. Now that that I am returning their precious portal in once piece, I will have enough clout to get my mission approved. I'm afraid it's too late for you to try to come along... though, I hope to see you again, sister, under better circumstances. May your path prove better than mine."

The shimmering and humming of the stone portal reaches its zenith before disappearing in a bright flash of light. All that is left is the open dirt that it once stood upon. The party is left to ponder their next actions.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:35 am
"I guess your group will be leaving for your clan's home? Ruin spoke to Kouri, walkeing back to the portals spot. "Or would you like a few rounds with the mage we captured.?"

(Arcane 8: is there any way to reopen the portal?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:59 pm
Ruin has no Idea how the Arian's magical portal system works. The fact that they can summon around such large stone archways seems fantastical in itself.

In the distance back down the road the party sees Demi humans gather around the wagon. The party recall's Fumiyo's offer to teleport everyone to safety. It seems like they themselves are getting ready to leave.  

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:22 am
Twyla sighed with relief when the portal disappeared without taking any of her friends with it. Good riddance to it and its inhabitants!

She felt a massive smile break over her face as she said, "Well, time to go talk to our new friends!" She let go of Valac finally, and leave the portal area to go meet with the demi-humans, practically skipping.

She hailed the people gathered around the wagon as she headed over to them. She felt like she could finally relax, and she whistled a light and lilting tune as she left the tension of negotiating with Maukein behind.

((Twyla begins a short rest if possible. Other party members also taking a short rest can add +5hp to any healing surges spent.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm
Valac let out a roar of frustration releasing the pent up tension of his will to fight before following Twyla to the wagon.

If Ying was there Valac would approach and continue their last conversation, "Well it doesn't have to be pillaging we can go raid a caravan, what do you do for fun?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am
Revenge would see everyone heading off, but as much as he wanted to just return to the wagons he's been trying to rest, he had to do something else first.

"Kuori," he would say, approaching his Goliath companion instead. "What can I do to help?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff