View Results

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:14 pm
(I pre-apologize for the following post if anyone thinks it is too spammy, I've put hours into this thread, I think I've earned a spam post)

Pro-life? Go vegan!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:03 am
Israk
But how long is too long?

most developed countries with liberal abortion legislation allow elective abortion up to 24 weeks (this is when the foetus is 'viable' - has a realistic chance of survival if born at that point) and after 24 weeks only where the life of the mother is in immediate danger or there are severe foetal abnormality (although how that is defined varies significantly from place to place).

personally, i think thats fine. but if a person was to argue about foetal pain, etc. it should be legal for elective abortions up to 29 weeks (since its not possible for a foetus to be aware or feel pain before that point, often later than that).

there was much debate a while back in the Uk, about reducing the limit to 21 weeks, as some foetuses have survived from that young (granted, only 1 example at 21 weeks and less than 2% of foetuses born at 22 weeks survive, but a chance none the less), but after public and medical consultation it was decided by the powers-that-be to leave well alone, as changing the law would put more pressure on women who find thier foetus has irregularities at thier 20 week scan, for example, on women who only discover they are pregnant quite late.  

Sanguinello

Kalathma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:11 am
I'm fine with abortion.

If someone wants to get rid of an un-wanted or diseased fetus, allow them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 pm
I think it's okay in certain situations...Like, if a really young girl who was capable of giving birth (you know, just out of puberty or whatnot) but not nearly ready enough to handle a child was raped and became pregnant- that'd be acceptable for her to abort. And it's not for nothing...I've been hearing about that steam-cell research thing...They say it could make big leaps in the medical profession concerning big problems like diabetes. Just don't go getting pregnant needlessly and killing off millions of babies for the sole purpose of medicine, or abort them for any superficial reasons.  

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

Professor Inky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:41 am
I believe that abortion is okay only under certain circumstances.
For instance, when you get raped, is it the woman's fault the rapist didn't wear a condom? It's not her fault she's pregnant.
Then and only then do I believe there can be abortion. And if you're going to have an abortion I think it should be down while it is still a fetus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:40 pm
I believe abortion is perfectly acceptable.

If a mother even considers having the procedure, then one can assume that the child would be unwanted and therefore lead a horrible life full of abuse, or at least neglect.

The government has no right whatsoever to decide what women choose to do to their bodies. The fetus is practically just a growth on her body, anyways, until it matures more. Not everybody in the US is Christian, therefore the government shouldn't be forcing a Christian outlook on certain issues upon the general population. Abortion is a right that all people should be allowed, not just those who were raped and such. A child shouldn't be used as a punishment for unsafe sex practices, because that poor child's life would be miserable due to his parents not wanting him. Abortion should be allowed for any women, not just the ones forced into having a baby. A baby interferes with the body and mind, and the development of both. A young mother of 18 or so should have the option to abort the baby, because she is still growing mentally and physically. The kid would also interfer with her education.

What the Pro-Lifers don't realize is that not everybody is ready for a child and some people just shouldn't keep one, depending on the situation.

Abortion should be legal as it is a right of a woman to decide what to do with her body, not the government.

Annebella

Invisible Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 pm
So then is it too much to ask of couples to be responsible, even if it means abstaining from sex? I'm not suggesting abstinance only, however it's still a smarter decision than safe sex. I'm not completely decided on abortion because while the mother may not want the child, it's still a living being that she's killing for the sake of convenience. It bugs me that the murderer can get a day in court while the defenseless not-even-born doesn't get a chance simply because it can't talk. It's a victim of circumstance then. I don't mind abortion in cases of rape because then the child definitely isn't wanted, or if it's in the interest of saving the mother's life, those cases I don't mind. Everything else... I don't know, especially since I know people who are not only adopted but are living a good life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:02 am
People are stupid, if they're stupid enough to make a baby without meaning to, do we really want them raising the next generation?
I don't see why we should be forcing stupid beings to breed.

The world is overpopulated, people need to die off a little bit, forcing unwanted people to be added to the populace is terrible in my opinion and I don't think a woman should ever be forced to bear a child. If the woman did not want another being feeding off of her body for months on end, she does not have to allow it.
Sometimes a person's financial situation or mental or emotional health would prevent them from raising a child properly. Most children put up for adoption never get adopted, there is a high demand for perfectly healthy white blonde blue-eyed babies, and a few good samaritans who take in kids that are little more than charity cases, but usually it's pretty hopeless.

I'm of the "no rights until it takes a breath" crowd, though I understand that's as arbitrary a line as any other.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

CGurp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 pm
Der Freischuetz
So then is it too much to ask of couples to be responsible, even if it means abstaining from sex? I'm not suggesting abstinance only, however it's still a smarter decision than safe sex.
How is abstinence smarter when you never want to get married nor have children?

Quote:
I'm not completely decided on abortion because while the mother may not want the child, it's still a living being that she's killing for the sake of convenience.

It isn't a person until birth when it is physically independent from the woman. Hey, it is her body and she has the right to get rid of anyone and anything that is using it.

Quote:
It bugs me that the murderer can get a day in court while the defenseless not-even-born doesn't get a chance simply because it can't talk.

You are appealing to emotion. It can't think, be conscious, be independent, nor be a person with rights and values as one. Abortion is justified as the right of bodily domain and self defense. It would be like trying a victim of rape for defending herself against a rapist with the last resort of killing him.

Quote:
it's a victim of circumstance then. I don't mind abortion in cases of rape because then the child definitely isn't wanted, or if it's in the interest of saving the mother's life, those cases I don't mind.

Yes, the circumstance of being unwanted. Fetuses of rape are no different than fetuses of consented sex. Women of unwanted sex can definitely not want the fetus even more than the rape victim. Every woman has the equal right to get an abortion however it was concived. If you care less of a fetus of rape, you obviously are pro-punishment. Sex is not a crime!

Quote:
Everything else... I don't know, especially since I know people who are not only adopted but are living a good life.

Adoption has nothing to do with this because it doesn't solve unwanted pregnancy nor birth.

Quote:
People are stupid, if they're stupid enough to make a baby without meaning to, do we really want them raising the next generation?

There is no on and off switch to fertility. 25% of abortionists used birth control correctly but it has a failure rate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:58 pm
FilipinaHeather
I believe that abortion is okay only under certain circumstances.
For instance, when you get raped, is it the woman's fault the rapist didn't wear a condom? It's not her fault she's pregnant.
Then and only then do I believe there can be abortion. And if you're going to have an abortion I think it should be down while it is still a fetus.

What does "fault" have to do with anything? Are you for the fetuses life or are you not? There is no difference between a fetus of rape and a fetus of consented sex. If you make rape an exception, it means you don't care about the fetus' life at all and only for punishing women for sex. Sex is not a crime people! And I'm surprised you didn't make the woman's or fetus' health. Shows how much you are against women who have sex for non-procreation purposes. When it is still a fetus? confused That counts for EVERY abortion!  

CGurp

CGurp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:04 am
MsDevin92
I think it's okay in certain situations...Like, if a really young girl who was capable of giving birth (you know, just out of puberty or whatnot) but not nearly ready enough to handle a child was raped and became pregnant- that'd be acceptable for her to abort.

All abortionists are not ready to handle a child. Fetuses of rape are no different than fetuses of consented sex. Every woman has the equal right to get an abortion however it was concived. If you care less of a fetus of rape, you obviously are pro-punishment. Sex is not a crime!

Quote:
And it's not for nothing...I've been hearing about that steam-cell research thing...They say it could make big leaps in the medical profession concerning big problems like diabetes. Just don't go getting pregnant needlessly and killing off millions of babies for the sole purpose of medicine, or abort them for any superficial reasons.

There are no babies involved with abortion, so you don't have to worry about that! Who are you to tell a women to not protect her bodily domain just because you don't like her reason for doing it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:46 pm
I still don't like the idea of getting rid of something that is essentially human and innocent, but from my perspective, where I'm at in life right now, I don't want to have a child, so I avoid sex. To me it seems like a logical decision, considering the fact that my parents waited until 7 years into their marriage before they had me. However I myself would rather leave the decision of sex up to my partner, as she would be the one to bear the child. And if we had safe sex that ended up being not-so-safe, I'd let her choose whether or not she wanted to have the baby, though I'd remind her of whatever our financial situation is.

So all in all, I've changed my mind about it. I still don't really lilke having to do such a thing and I hope I won't put myself in such a position, but I'd rather let the woman decide if she wants to give birth or not.  

Der Freischuetz

Mataous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:45 pm
fantasier_xp
Yeah, I agree with all that. I don't really have much else to say... But I don't understand why some people are so against abortion though, it's not like you're murdering a child, they're not even born yet, they're not quite alive, they're like, an extension of the mother until they're born... Kind of an odd analogy, I just thought of that now. Not sure if that quite gets my point across, but whatever, good enough.

ABORTION IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED MURDER! EVEN IF THE CHILD IS NOT BORN YET IF U ARE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX THEN U MUST DEAL WITH THE CONSIQUENCEES THAT MY FOLLOW AND IF THE MOTHER IS NOT CAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF IT FOR ANY REASON PUT IT UP FOR ADOPTION BC THERE ARE PLENTY OF HUSBANDS AND WIFES OUT THERE THAT ARENT CAPABLE OF HAVING A CHILD OF THEIR OWN... WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS ABORTION IS AN IMMATURE WAY TO DEAL WITH HAVEING A KID AND IF U DONT WANT ONE THEN DONT HAVE SEX BECAUSE IF UR NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF A KID THAN U DONT DESERVE TO HAVE SEX..  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:23 am
Notorious M.A.T

ABORTION IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED MURDER!

Abortion is not murder and should not be considered murder because murder is defined as the illegal killing of a person with malicious intent. Abortion is not illegal, fetuses are not considered persons in the law, and the only intent is to remove the fetuses from your body which is justified within the rights of bodily domain and self defense.

Quote:
EVEN IF THE CHILD IS NOT BORN YET IF U ARE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX THEN U MUST DEAL WITH THE CONSIQUENCEES THAT MY FOLLOW

Abortion is a consequence.

Quote:
AND IF THE MOTHER IS NOT CAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF IT FOR ANY REASON PUT IT UP FOR ADOPTION BC THERE ARE PLENTY OF HUSBANDS AND WIFES OUT THERE THAT ARENT CAPABLE OF HAVING A CHILD OF THEIR OWN...

Adoption only solves unwanted parenting, not unwanted pregnancy and birth which is the reason why abortionists abort instead of going through the pains of pregnancy and birth then drop it off at the adoption center where thousands of children are still there are discriminated against by their race, health, and age. The husbands and wives can choose one of the children already in the adoption center, there's thousands to pick from!

Quote:
WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS ABORTION IS AN IMMATURE WAY TO DEAL WITH HAVEING A KID

If you are having an abortion, you are obviously not immature in the first place. Abortion is the only way to solve unwanted fetuses, pregnancies, and births. There are no kids involved with abortion.

Quote:
AND IF U DONT WANT ONE THEN DONT HAVE SEX BECAUSE IF UR NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF A KID THAN U DONT DESERVE TO HAVE SEX..

You expect childfree people to never have sex in their lives? Who are you to say people don't deserve sex just because it isn't for procreation?  

CGurp

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:17 pm
Hello hello thanks thanks new comer coming through.

Abortion? Yes I have an opinion on that.

I figure....Go for it. Whats the gestation of a human fetus anyway? 3 months? I figure if you do have to get an abortion don't wait do it. Do it as soon as possible and don't f*ck around just get it done, because if your pregnet and you want an abortion and your baby is already fully developed and it could theoreticly pop out and become a human well then good on ya there isn't any point for abortion. Heres your mistake baby where the frick is my money. *slams desk with clipboard*  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff