Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Ravenn's Gold Making Class (It's open!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to learn new money making tips?
  Sure, a little help can go a long way.
  I already make a lot of money sooo..... no thanks.
  I'm just here for the poll gold.
  Behold! I like cookies and there goes one!
View Results

Uncle Jeff

Quotable Citizen

27,050 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:19 am
Another bargain opportunity:
Where game items are sold in bunches, the buy-it-now price sorter doesn't bring bargains to the front page. It sorts by total price, not price per unit. That means that 99% of the plebes out there never see the screaming bargains on big bundles.

Try paging though some of those markets. You'll see cases where the average price is maybe 10 but somebody is selling 1000 for 4 each (4000) on one of the back pages. You can make a profit by buying the bundle, breaking it into smaller pieces and feeding them back through the market at the average price.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:45 am
Uncle Jeff
Another bargain opportunity:
Where game items are sold in bunches, the buy-it-now price sorter doesn't bring bargains to the front page. It sorts by total price, not price per unit. That means that 99% of the plebes out there never see the screaming bargains on big bundles.

Try paging though some of those markets. You'll see cases where the average price is maybe 10 but somebody is selling 1000 for 4 each (4000) on one of the back pages. You can make a profit by buying the bundle, breaking it into smaller pieces and feeding them back through the market at the average price.

Oooo.... Very smart and sneaky!!! I like it!!! I haven't seen that option yet but i'll be on the lookout!!! I thank everyone in keeping this alive whether a bump here and there or to add thanks or even better, add more to the wealth of tips and ideas!!! Please keep this alive for more people so that it helps them in any way possible like I intended this guide to be used for. Btw, lookies!!! I got me a grunny!!!! Wheeee... lol. Thanks again everyone. I may not be on much lately 'cause of school but if you have questions, send me and i'll try to answer them.  

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:01 am
This was very helpful, thanx!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:17 am
Congrats on your getting your grunnies mrgreen  

nooblet1337

Da Carbon-King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 pm
Ey man thnz for the advice i needed to make gold fast but i dint know how to but now i do thnx. this helps a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:19 pm
Two more marketplace tactics:

1) Price your item to appear on the "front" page (top 20)

2) If you have a lot of tix or other game items to unload, put a small number in one bunch so it appears on the front page. Put a big bunch in a high priced sale that will be buried. When somebody grabs the small bunch, they'll visit your store as part of the protocol.

When they see your big bunch, they may buy that too. If not, then replace the small bunch so you always have something on the front page to bring buyers of that commodity into your store.  

Uncle Jeff

Quotable Citizen

27,050 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:49 pm
Uncle Jeff
Two more marketplace tactics:

1) Price your item to appear on the "front" page (top 20)

2) If you have a lot of tix or other game items to unload, put a small number in one bunch so it appears on the front page. Put a big bunch in a high priced sale that will be buried. When somebody grabs the small bunch, they'll visit your store as part of the protocol.

When they see your big bunch, they may buy that too. If not, then replace the small bunch so you always have something on the front page to bring buyers of that commodity into your store.

Thanks again Jeff. I updated the front page to add your two ideas to the other gaian's ideas. I really appreciate the flow of knowledge. Thanks again.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:30 pm
Thank you so much for the lessons, they have really helped me in my quest for gold. I'm making more and more gaia gold every day.  

Abyssal Rain

wolvesofshadows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm
hey this thread is really helpfull thanks for it and bump  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:49 am
wow! this was so helpful! thanks  

xiirai

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:39 pm
Thank you everyone for your support. I'm glad this has been helpful. So like keep saying, if you wanna help keep this thread alive for others to use, just say hi to bump, or say thanks, ask questions (preferably pm me though), or even better, add more tips for everyone to use. I wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. By the way, I love my new heart of gold item and some Christmas clothes!!! Woot. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 am
something i've just learned i bought the first fausto bottle and moon the bottle was in stage 3 or 4 the moon was in stage 2 . . . i learned quickly that if you buy just as the creature starts appearing that each evolution causes the price to sky rocket . . . the moon is 280k 2 generations ago i got it for 60k . . . the bottle is 130k i got it 3 gnerations back at 40-50k . . . that's a huge increase in price and they aren't done evolving . . .

also i wrote out a long explanation about the evolving items for my friend to explain it with this she finally got it . . . so i figured evolving items are going to be a big seller so might as well as break down what exactly they are . . .

"ok let's see if i can explain it . . .

they release the first item then when it evolves they release a new generation the same item but an evolution behind all the rest of the generations released

examples

so the first would be fausto's bottle

but the ones after it are labeled with a generation

fausto's bottle second generation, fausto's bottle third generation, fausto's bottle fourth generation, fausto's bottle fifth generation, fausto's bottle sixth generation, fausto's bottle seventh generation,

so
faustos' bottle is on stage 7 now

fausto's bottle second generation is on stage 6 now

fausto's bottle third generation is on stage 5

fausto's bottle fourth generation is on stage 4

fausto's bottle fifth generation is on stage 3

fausto's bottle sixth generation is on stage 2

fausto's bottle seventh generation is at the first stage

so when an 8th generation is released all those stage numbers will move up and the 8th generation will be on the first stage . . . so the closer your item is to the original, the more evolutions it's been through, which means it's closer to finishing, which then unlocks all the stages . . .

the original has no add on of which generation it is to the name, the other generations however say which generation they are . . .

in the end to make money off them buy the original item . . . it won't have the word generation in the name . . . the more expensive the item is in cash shop it seems to be the more expensive it will get when it finishes evolving . . ."

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:55 pm
also if you have the oppurtunity to get an evolving item make sure it costs about $5 or more . . . the ones that go for less seem to be worth less even at the end of evolving . . . so right now the best buys would be . . . biancamella, drome egg, and hermes moon . . . although i've no clue how the drome egg or biancamella will do . . . the moon however is at 290k right now and it only just showed the bunny with wings for ears . . . so it's still evolving . . . fausto bottle is a good keeper if you have it . . . but it's too close to finishing to buy into as an investment . . .  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:02 pm
Razin Frostdrake
also if you have the oppurtunity to get an evolving item make sure it costs about $5 or more . . . the ones that go for less seem to be worth less even at the end of evolving . . . so right now the best buys would be . . . biancamella, drome egg, and hermes moon . . . although i've no clue how the drome egg or biancamella will do . . . the moon however is at 290k right now and it only just showed the bunny with wings for ears . . . so it's still evolving . . . fausto bottle is a good keeper if you have it . . . but it's too close to finishing to buy into as an investment . . .

Wow!!! Thank you Razin Frostdrake for that well explained plan. For those who are able to use this option, this sounds like a good idea to invest in. Patience is a great factor here but the rewards are great. I thank you again for this and i'm going to update the thread so this goes to the section of tips at the front pages. I have been busy lately that I haven't been able to do much. But I thank all those who appreciates this thread. Once again, i'd like to say that any ideas are welcome here and by sharing it we can all learn something and help each other to reach our goal. Whether you goal is to get that hard to get item or just stay rich, I hope this thread helps.

Thanks everyone,

Ravenn Shadowheart, A.K.A Ryan.  

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

roby55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:45 am
thnx this thread is so helpfull  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]