one god
  many gods
  no god
  poll whore
View Results

[Psychotic.Ballerina]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:27 pm
I'm a Christian

I've been in this religion since I was eight years old.

I believe in God and I believe He sent His son to die for us.

I hate nothing about other religions. I believe one is entitled to whatever they wish to believe. So I respect whatever path you choose, but please do not bash me for mine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 am
What religion are you?
I'm a proud LaVeyan Satanist
How long have you been in this religion?
About 5 years now...
Why do you believe in this faith?
Because, in this religion, I found a truth to humanity, and humanity's natural reaction. Being a realist(someone who doesn't really follow "mysticism" or "miracles") I'm proud of a religion that states life as it is!
What do you hate about other religions?
I don't "hate" other religions. I do frown on religions that disgrace mine, by not knowing, or caring to know, what it TRULY represents. But that's why debate is so fun! xd
If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why?
My religion is athiestic. Though there is always a common misconception, due to our beliefs... But that will be explained in time. xd  

Asuka Inochi

Asuka Inochi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:09 pm
NOCTVRNVS

Of course both genders are similar... geez... but just as in my previous example, a woman's physique often limits her from some career choices such as fire-fighter, because (all "political correctness" aside) the fact is she is simply unable to do the job of lifting more than she weighs. And as for the Bible's example, I have yet to see a woman that actually does the work of farming with the efficiency of a man. These are not perspectives based in prejudice, they are simply realistic observations. You named preferences; of course both men and women can be like-minded on any subject. Physically, men and women differ.

Firstly... Please expand on the bolded? I would like to know what women you are refering to.

Secondly... On the underlined: This hardly seems like a bible's example. I wonder if you've ever gone to Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky, or any state that people farm, and actually watched them work.

Thirdly... On the italicized: These are the "realistic" observations? From who's point of view? Please elaborate, and provide proof...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:45 pm
Hi Asuka! razz

What religion are you?
Uh, I'm a mix of things and it's sort of hard to describe what "my religion" is.. sweatdrop
I consider myself to be a panentheist, deist and monist. I'd fit well in with Gnosticism, but honestly I haven't read enough on it yet to call myself that. And even though I was raised in a Christian home, I still don't know enough about that to actually consider myself "Christian" even though I believe Jesus to be special, as far as to go and say that he was an aeon, sort of. I don't believe he died for anyone's sins though.

I'm not really "in" a religion so it's kind of hard to say. I had heard of a religion, Gnosticism, around 2005 but I was really stupid in other religions, including that one because it was based on a very bad source. I've been studying religions, actually studying them alot since August of 2006. Not too long. And I've just gotten into actually studying Gnosticism around December. The other "Gnosticism" was a fake and I don't even consider it Gnostic at all. Maybe 1 or 2 things, but not much at all.

Why do I believe the way I do? Because I just feel it to be that way to me. I didn't chose it consciously, it's just what happened. I don't believe anyone can "choose" their faith and if they do easily, I don't think it's their "true" faith. I mean consciously choosing, not just finding what the belief system you belong to is called, but the beliefs in it.

Don't really hate religions, I can "hate" some of the people in them though. mrgreen Not for what they believe, but just for being stupid, or any other annoying trait. lol

I was agnostic for a while and atheist for just a short short time. I can tell you, they just don't feel like there's a god. I don't have any problem with this. For me, it was the way I was viewing god. As actually having traits, not as something that had no form, or even cognition. But I was agnostic for around 2 months and atheist for almost a week. But I like looking up religions and after I thought about how I changed ideas about God(s) and thought that it wasn't all there was to it. I don't believe that gods just are just "nothing", but they stand for something. It's sort of hard to explain. =/

Naynram Ukir

Asuka Inochi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:51 pm
riku4245
Hi Asuka! razz

Well hello there! Did you get an invite too?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:09 pm
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Hi Asuka! razz

Nope. Actually, I noticed this guild from another friend who said he knew a guild with over 100 (or 1000?) subforums. razz This was a while ago.
Then I wondered what guild you were in, you said you were debating so I checked out your guilds and saw you were in the same one I was. I thought it was 'bout time I posted in here, somewhere. (well, where you were anyway) xP
Congrats, you know more about my beliefs than most people do. lol

Naynram Ukir

novacainexsweet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:33 pm
What religion are you?
First baptised as Baptist, converted to Catholicism at age 14, recently found truth in no religion, therefore, currently Agnostic.

Baptist from birth to age 14, Catholic from 14 to a few months ago, Agnostic currently.

Hard to really say. I have chosen a path where I have no opinion/belief in the rights/wrongs of other religions. I do not wish to be involved in an endless debate of whether or not your "religion" is better that mine. In the scheme of things, when taking a step back from the never-ending crusade of the over a 100 different religions or so on this planet, I would mainly have to say that yes, I did evolve from a monkey, and no, I did not just appear naked in a garden.

As stated above, I do not hate other religions. Nor do I disrespect them. I simply choose not to be involved.

Meh, see above.

((forgive me if this post sucks royally, I've had a long day... ^-^))

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:35 pm
riku4245
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Hi Asuka! razz

Nope. Actually, I noticed this guild from another friend who said he knew a guild with over 100 (or 1000?) subforums. razz This was a while ago.
Then I wondered what guild you were in, you said you were debating so I checked out your guilds and saw you were in the same one I was. I thought it was 'bout time I posted in here, somewhere. (well, where you were anyway) xP

Ahhh... I just joined earlier today, cause I got an invite, and I love debating. I just hope this place picks up... sweatdrop I hope I get some good logical debates here.
I feel all special that you posted here cause I was... YAYYY!! xd

Interesting about the 'knowing your religion' bit... but I guess that's cause our's are a tad similar...  

Asuka Inochi

Asuka Inochi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 pm
novacainexsweet
Hard to really say. I have chosen a path where I have no opinion/belief in the rights/wrongs of other religions. I do not wish to be involved in an endless debate of whether or not your "religion" is better that mine. In the scheme of things, when taking a step back from the never-ending crusade of the over a 100 different religions or so on this planet, I would mainly have to say that yes, I did evolve from a monkey, and no, I did not just appear naked in a garden.

That's a very logical reason for being agnostic. Though I'm one of the people who love to debate religion and, being a Satanist, I get lots of confused people that like to tell me what my religion is... sweatdrop

How are you otherwise, sweets?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:45 pm
tired... xp
I totally wish I could take like, 5 months away from work and just sleep... hahaha!

novacainexsweet

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:46 pm
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Hi Asuka! razz

Ahhh... I just joined earlier today, cause I got an invite, and I love debating. I just hope this place picks up... sweatdrop I hope I get some good logical debates here.

Interesting about the 'knowing your religion' bit... but I guess that's cause our's are a tad similar...

Cool, debate me in the abortion thread if you want.
I'd honestly post it in the ED if I wasn't afraid some people would kill me.
Also, appeals to emotion are supposed to be bad in "logical" debating. Or something. I usually just keep my views to myself.

Whatcha mean? How are they similar? razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:49 pm
I think all religions hold some kind of truth in them. razz

.... Meh. Just call me a clone of Rook and get it over with. xp
He makes all my views seem unoriginal! Sort of right, seeing as I learn alot from his posts. lolz But not completely!

Naynram Ukir

Asuka Inochi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:50 pm
riku4245
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Asuka Inochi
riku4245
Hi Asuka! razz

Cool, debate me in the abortion thread if you want.
I'd honestly post it in the ED if I wasn't afraid some people would kill me.
Also, appeals to emotion are supposed to be bad in "logical" debating. Or something. I usually just keep my views to myself.

Whatcha mean? How are they similar? razz

I mean "logical" in the more "common sense" way... you know? I know that some people I know in ED would probably attack me for saying what they're saying, so I figured I'd post here...

About the religion thing... sorry, 2 conversations... I guess I just posted that in the wrong place sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:54 pm
novacainexsweet
tired... xp
I totally wish I could take like, 5 months away from work and just sleep... hahaha!

That's alot of sleep... sweatdrop How would I be able to talk to you?

Hehe... you type small... xd  

Asuka Inochi

Asuka Inochi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:05 pm
ARGH!! Why is there noone posting?! This is getting boring!! stressed  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items