Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:31 pm
Steady as she goes, cap'n?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm
I think its gonna die...
crying  

TheVulgarUnicorn

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm
So no sign of Paidi. I think I'm gonna go ahead an take the helm here, as I REALLY wanna do this. I wanted to PLAY it more than I wanted to DM it, but such is life.

So is anyone still around who was initially interested in this?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:38 pm
as with all things if i feel my effort is going to be wasted i stop planing. so i am still way back in September in terms of planing and haven't spent a dime of my horde yet. if we still going then i will get to work.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 pm
Xenar1
as with all things if i feel my effort is going to be wasted i stop planing. so i am still way back in September in terms of planing and haven't spent a dime of my horde yet. if we still going then i will get to work.

mmhm, i plan on making this happen, but there's no rush, i need to go over the mass combat rules n stuff, figure out how exactly this is going to work  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:58 pm
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

mmhm, i plan on making this happen, but there's no rush, i need to go over the mass combat rules n stuff, figure out how exactly this is going to work

let me know if you need an extra set of eyes on those rules.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:17 pm
Xenar1
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

let me know if you need an extra set of eyes on those rules.

Might not be a bad idea to read em yourself anyways. I'll be posting a guide for players to show em how it works, but a bit more intimate knowledge couldn't hurt  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm
Yeah, i need the basic rules on how were going to build our armies.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:35 pm
TheVulgarUnicorn
Yeah, i need the basic rules on how were going to build our armies.

once i read over everything i'll be making up a guide, so don't fret  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm
Is there still room?

Edit: stupid auto-spellcheck  

Xun Ira

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm
Xun Ira
Is there still room?

Edit: stupid auto-spellcheck

Possibly, the original creator of this thread hasn't shown up in a couple of weeks, so it might be undergoing new management. I'm also not sure how many of the original players are still around. Keep an eye out though, we should know soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Also, as I'm reading over the Mass Combat rules, they seem to tie in pretty closely with the Kingdom Building rules. Which, are a bit complex. I don't know if everyone would be comfortable with that level of responsibility. If it's something the majority wants to try, I can try simplifying things a bit, and you guys could be running entire opposing kingdoms, not just armies.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm
A dragon horde is greater than a kingdom~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:32 pm
you would think that but 33k GP is going to be burnt in no time running a kingdom. a dragon's horde is something we don't have. i am willing to try and use the kingdom rules and i have read them from time to time before hand but i feel our characters without some source of income will get depleted. since we are young dragons it is unlikely that we will have big kingdoms which will make it easier.

why not have leadership feat as a bonus feat?

also a quick question; a level 1 Kobal warrior has a CR of 1/4 so it would take an army of 200-500 units to get an ACR worth anything at all. what would the CR be of a level 2 kobal warrior? from the monster advancement i think it's a solid 1 but i am hoping for a second opinion.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm
iLL iNTENT

found this at the bottom of the mass combat guide. it might help:

Quote:
Mass Combat Quick Reference
These mass combat rules treat armies as if they were individual creatures. Instead of making 100 attack rolls for each side of a battle between elves and orcs, you treat the elf army as one unit and the orc army as another unit, and they battle each other with just one roll each. Instead of the armies taking turns attacking each other, they roll simultaneously. Smaller armies have fewer individual creatures (units), larger armies have more units, and the number of units directly relates to how dangerous an army is.

Every army has a commander, typically a seasoned veteran, who directs the army's actions. You can lead an army yourself, making you its commander and providing bonuses depending on your kingdom leadership role.

Armies can learn different tactics, such as using reserve archers, forming a defensive wall, or using dirty tricks. An army can use strategies like attacking recklessly and aggressively (much like a creature using the Power Attack feat) or being cautious and defensive (like using Combat Expertise). The army's commander decides the tactics and strategy used in battle.

Conditions on the battlefield affect the process and outcome of the battle. For example, muddy terrain slows walking armies but has no effect on flying armies; night combat hinders human armies but not orc armies.

Resolving the battle consists of three phases in which the commanders decide on tactics, the armies make ranged attacks (if any), and the armies then close to melee range. They then remain in melee until one side flees or is destroyed.

The following summarizes the key rolls you'll make when using mass combat:

Offense Check: d20 + Offense Modifier (OM)

Damage Dealt: Offense check result — the defending army's Defense Value (DV)

Morale Check: d20 + the commander's modifiers + the army's Morale score

Beyond the Kingdom
The mass combat rules often refer to aspects of the kingdom building rules, such as Loyalty checks and a kingdom's Control DC. If you aren't running a kingdom, substitute a Will save for a Loyalty check. Instead of a kingdom's Control DC, use the primary ability DC of a monster with a CR equal to the party's APL (see Monster Statistics By CR, Bestiary 291). For example, if the party's APL is 12, the Will save DC is 21. Instead of a kingdom turn or kingdom phase, use 1 month. Instead of BP, multiply the BP cost by 500 gp.

Running Mass Combats
Since an army's strength is represented by an ACR score, the GM can balance armies against each other using the guidelines for CR. For example, two ACR 9 armies should make for a relatively even battle, but so would an ACR 9 army against three ACR 6 armies. This applies mostly to typical humanoid armies, as monsters with powerful abilities might be significantly more formidable.

Recruiting Armies
If you are a leader of a kingdom, that fact is sufficient for you to recruit armies from your citizens. If you are not the leader of a kingdom, the GM may decide that you need to achieve some sort of in-game accomplishment to earn the respect and renown needed to raise an army.

Being able to recruit a monster army usually requires a special quest or adventure; you can't simply recruit an army of goblins to serve you because you've found a tribe of goblins or know they live in your kingdom.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff