Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Feel Good MD rolled 28 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 6, 1, 3 Total: 95 (28-168)

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 am
7 sets, 4d6/set, Alrighty then  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:36 am
4, 3, 4, 1 = 11
2, 1, 1, 5 = 8
6, 4, 2, 4 = 14
3, 4, 4, 6 = 14
5, 3, 2, 1 = 10
5, 1, 6, 5 = 16
3, 6, 1, 3 = 12  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
arononkorr rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 6, 6, 5, 3, 1, 5, 4, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 3, 4, 3 Total: 73 (20-120)

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 am
Rolling dem stats!

3, 4, 6, 6= 16
5, 3, 1, 5= 13
4, 1, 3, 3= 10
1, 3, 5, 6= 14
4, 3, 4, 3= 11  
arononkorr rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 2, 2 Total: 10 (4-24)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 am

3, 4, 6, 6= 16
5, 3, 1, 5= 13
4, 1, 3, 3= 10
1, 3, 5, 6= 14
4, 3, 4, 3= 11
5, 1, 2, 2= 9  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 am
arononkorr

Don't forget your 7th number which could potentially replace that 9.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm
Sorry, was out for the last couple days with a bad cold/flu and inner ear infection. The character will be up later today.  

Alzzak

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:29 pm
WhimsicalXellos
[ The Religions of Orellic ]

Cartrin]
xxxYvora is the goddess of water. She is the ocean. The rivers, lakes, and seas are extensions of her body. To sail is to be borne upon her bosom. In fact, she encourages sailing as a form of worship. Shipwrights are beloved in her eyes, for they allow the landbound to worship her. Yvora represents all that is open and right and majestic. While they are not her domains, all that is life and nature could not exist without her.
xxxSangdin is the god of ocean life. All the fish, plankton, and sea monsters; the big and the small; are his charge. All life, really, originally came from the ocean, but Sangdin is the god who cannot bring himself to leave. He is forever alongside and within the waters that gave him life, and in return, he brings life to the waters.
xxxIlden is the somber north wind. As all the winds are the brethren to Yvora, Ilden is oldest of the brothers. His frigid breath brings winter. As the cycle of life seemingly ends with winter, so too does Ilden bring death. His powerful winds are not just a calm end to life, however. They are also a cold and uncaring death, without even the guarantee of rest.
xxxHinred is the youngest brother, the south wind. His hot and sometimes furious breath brings summer and the threat of violent storms. Hinred is the patron of violent methods and violent reprisal. When war is on the horizon, he will surely be there to bless it.

Described some of the Cartir deities.

Alzzak

All right, sounds good! Not that first part, but the second part...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:28 pm
I am changing my character a little...

Quote:
Add one spell from the wizard spell list to the wizard's spellbook. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the wizard can cast.

Please explain how this would work for a level 2 witch/wizard? They get all the zero level spells, and their highest is a level one. When they get a second level spell, do they get 3 bonus level one spells?

Other than the above question, all that is left to my character is buying equipment and perfecting the backstory. I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty to take the Half-elf's witch alternate class features. If you do, I will change it to something else.

http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=45037  

Alzzak

arononkorr rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 2, 2 Total: 13 (4-24)

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 pm
righto

3, 6, 2, 2= 11

that's a bit better  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 pm
Alzzak
Quote:
Add one spell from the wizard spell list to the wizard's spellbook. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the wizard can cast.

Please explain how this would work for a level 2 witch/wizard? They get all the zero level spells, and their highest is a level one. When they get a second level spell, do they get 3 bonus level one spells?

Nope, I don't think this issue occurred to me at the time, but I didn't come up with this bonus. This one's straight out of the srd for humans. The favored class bonuses can't be retroactive, otherwise it would break them a little for certain of them. Essentially what this means is that there is absolutely zero reason to take this particular bonus until you hit 3rd level. Which just means you can use one of the other bonuses for the first two levels instead (+1HP, +1 skill rank, or the regional bonus if there is one).

What region are you from? I saw you mention Swarin, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's where you came from originally.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Alzzak
Quote:

Nope, I don't think this issue occurred to me at the time, but I didn't come up with this bonus. This one's straight out of the srd for humans. The favored class bonuses can't be retroactive, otherwise it would break them a little for certain of them. Essentially what this means is that there is absolutely zero reason to take this particular bonus until you hit 3rd level. Which just means you can use one of the other bonuses for the first two levels instead (+1HP, +1 skill rank, or the regional bonus if there is one).

What region are you from? I saw you mention Swarin, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's where you came from originally.

Sull; being that the Sull tribes are nomadic, undead is a constant threat in the area, and someone had a character made for Swarin who I already said we would link up... it seemed logical to have the my character move south.

So, planned out a tribe that was obliterated by an unmentioned force. And had my character follow a trusted family member.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 pm
Alzzak
Sull; being that the Sull tribes are nomadic, undead is a constant threat in the area, and someone had a character made for Swarin who I already said we would link up... it seemed logical to have the my character move south.

So, planned out a tribe that was obliterated by an unmentioned force. And had my character follow a trusted family member.

Ah, okay, so Sull wouldn't have the regional bonus for witch, so you'll have to use the defaults for now. And the background sounds good.

Quick questions: Have you picked your familiar yet? Something appropriately North Polar, perhaps? Or did you not pick up the class levels til you got to the desert? Also, you're pretty young. Base age for a human is 15, and then you add a d6 for the time it takes you to teach yourself how to be a witch. So minimum age would be 17, considering I said you should add a year for being level 2.

Shoot, I said quick questions, didn't I? Anyway, the other thing I wanted to mention was that Sull is suuuuuuper far from Swarin. Just as way of bringing it up, you may want to come up with a reason why your aunt dragged you for likely over 6 months of travel all the way to the desert instead of going somewhere else.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Alzzak rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am
WhimsicalXellos
Alzzak

Ah, okay, so Sull wouldn't have the regional bonus for witch, so you'll have to use the defaults for now. And the background sounds good.

Quick questions: Have you picked your familiar yet? Something appropriately North Polar, perhaps? Or did you not pick up the class levels til you got to the desert? Also, you're pretty young. Base age for a human is 15, and then you add a d6 for the time it takes you to teach yourself how to be a witch. So minimum age would be 17, considering I said you should add a year for being level 2.

Shoot, I said quick questions, didn't I? Anyway, the other thing I wanted to mention was that Sull is suuuuuuper far from Swarin. Just as way of bringing it up, you may want to come up with a reason why your aunt dragged you for likely over 6 months of travel all the way to the desert instead of going somewhere else.

In order:

I said earlier, I took the liberty of using a archtype that is normally meant for a half elf. The archtype swaps the famliar with a bond item.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf/bonded-witch-witch-half-elf

As for the age, I kind of just filled that part in, and forgot to go back. sweatdrop rolling.....

They were quick for me to answer, and I don't mind

And will think of something, for the reason for draggage. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am
Alzzak
I said earlier, I took the liberty of using a archtype that is normally meant for a half elf. The archtype swaps the famliar with a bond item.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf/bonded-witch-witch-half-elf

Oh, heh, my eyes totally skipped over that part before. Carry on, it's fine. There aren't any half-elves, so humans and orkens are the default "versatility" races.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:40 am
WhimsicalXellos

Is it so bad to use the standard options provided?

nope, just trying to settle on an idea. sorry  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces