Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Abandoned by the Gods [4E] - Full Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unrelated to game poll (see second post)
  Bring back "Fantastic Realities"!
  Bring back "Shot in the Dark"!
  Bring them BOTH back!
  Let them die.
  The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight
View Results

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 am
The Subforum is good to go! mrgreen

Just need to add the actual game thread, which will come as soon as all the characters are perfect.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 am
joe-dude667
Could you add your Becomer bonus into conditional modifiers at the top, just because I don't have access to that feat and don't know what the bonus is. >.< Also I assume you gave yourself +2 to perception for it?

I don't see why your movement is only 5, there's no penalty with leather.

Forgot to mark down your Songbow daily power.

You've actually still got 520g. Ritual book is free for you class and all your other items are mundane! mrgreen

You might want to add your bard attacks to your quick look up (since I'm assuming you'd be using them more than ranged basics). Using your bow as an implement, it'd be +7 attack and +6 damage.

Really enjoyed your background. Couple of things though, one, is Vi's chosen form the same as the one she was when she played here before? Or a new one so people wouldn't recognise her? Also, Dainstead only became steward 10 years ago, when Vi was 16. Before that it was King Taleigh the 3rd, who was doing a fine job managing the country. I'd say for benefits you can have a +2 to bluff from learning how to con or +2 to streetwise for all your performances in seedy inns.

I'll adjust everything asap and let you know when it's updated! Thanks for the feedback!

Ancelas

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:04 am
I've been ready for a while so... yeah. Whenever you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm
Drag0nK1d
I've been ready for a while so... yeah. Whenever you want.
That's why I said all the character sheets. =P  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:46 pm
Fixed
the intiative thing is an artifact with the tangledweb sheet, but it calculates out right  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:16 am
Uh, I don't wanna be a buzzkill here but my lappie's kinda borrowed from me for this week but I'll get the profile thingy done by hook or by crook... And hopefully get another copy of the player's handbook while I'm at it.

Oh, can a ranger use a cavalry sword? I slashed off the Spear so I only use 2 weapons (Javelins and a sword). And are we allowed to make our own magical items or something? Because I'm thinking that maybe his mount could be something like a magical item or something... Oh, maybe a bag that he can put loads of javelins inside would be cool. XD  

mercantes

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:31 am
Magical items come from the handbooks. =P If we could just make our own then the game would be broken, yo'.

But yeah, the bag of holding is a magical item in the PHB that does just that though I can't remember what level it is off the top of my head. It's somewhere between 3-5.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 am
As Absolute Virtue said, be a bit broken if you just made up your own. >.< though get a magical javelin and it'll always reappear in your hand after thrown anyway. You can rp that anyway you want. So maybe after you throw it, it disappears and reappears in you're quiver/scabbard (which would it be for javelin? =s), making it appear to just be respawning new ones. The mechanics are in place for a reason, but the fluff can be changed anyway you want if it makes your character more fun to play. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

mercantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 am
Probably a mix of both since javelins are longer than an arrow and don't necessarily fit into the scabbard category. BUT! I've finally managed to get ahold of a PHB.XD I'm taking Thunderburst Javelin, Delver's Hide Armor and a Vicious Shortsword as my magic items. Lemme make the changes... twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:35 am
Made some changes, added information and background plus magical items, gold and a personal war horse for a mount. Hopefully, I did most of the things right. Never had any idea DnD has a lot of room for customization. GrantesXD  

mercantes

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 am
joe-dude667
Vampfighter1
Pascal Veris

Will write background and find a pic later.

Looks like you used point buy instead of rolling for stats. That's cool if that's what you want, but I'd recommend giving rolling a go, you'll get much better than standard array. If you're using point array, you've forgotten to add the +2 to charisma.

Can you add Artful Dodger benefit to your conditional modifiers section? Also Teeny Warrior feat.

You haven't got Pixie Dust written down, I told you that you can have it. wink

You need to work out your attack and damage scores. Attack should be +9 for daggers (assuming you buy a magical damage), +7 short sword (assuming it's mundane), and +6 hand xbow (again, assuming it's mundane). Also I see your damage is 1d3 for daggers, that's actually a 3rd edition rule. It's still 1d4, and short sword and xbow are still 1d6.

You also have yet to buy magical items. You get 1lvl2, 1lvl3, 1lvl4, and 520g. All the items you've already "bought" also count for free at this high lvl, so there's no need to take the gold off for that.

Background benefit can be either +2 to Arcane for being from the Feywild Isles of Maivland, or +2 thievery for his life as a cut purse.

Alright that'll fix everything. Just making some minor adjustments to her background to account for the magic items, and the fact that Pascal is now Aatalia.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 am
Fixed.  

Ancelas

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:58 pm
Absolute Virtue
Made those fixes to my sheet and added the starting items and stuff, hope everything's ok after that but I have a feeling I did overlook something.
You are good to go. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 pm
Drag0nK1d
joe-dude667
Drag0nK1d
So that's 520gp basically.
Anyway, char is completed [if I need to change equipment, that's fine.] (edit: removed all gear aside from rod +1.)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377624
Didn't know what to do with my backstory so I'm like 'screw it. I'm going 'draconic family tradition'-focused.

Need to add Dragonborn Fury and Prime Shot to the Conditional Modifiers section.

You need to add the +1 shield bonus from your Rod Expertise feat.

You still have to sort out your magical items. As a 3rd level character you get 1 lvl4 item, 1 lvl3 item, 1 lvl2 item and 520 gold.

As for background, I'd say you can get +2 to History for your family's heritage, or Stealth for hiding in the streets.

Fixed up. Took the family heritage idea because I am not trained in stealth (have to MC to get it).
Not intending on a 4th level item, least for this build: Rod of corruption +1 (3rd level from players handbook), Leather Armor of Sudden recovery (3rd level from adventurer's vault 2), & Amulet of Elegy +1 (2nd level from Adventurer's Vault 2).
I should have 510GP if you are including my adventurer's kit for free, & if I read it right, I need the ID papers for being arcane.
ID papers are going to be mundane, so you get them for free anyway, meaning you have 520g (if you wanted another magic item?). Other than that:

You are good to go. wink  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 pm
MaoukaMasaki777
Jett of Storms, Genasi Swordmage

Okay! I put the +s for my Defenses in the right columns (I think), I changed my Bracers of Mighty Striking for Gloves of Piercing, get a little extra damage for my ablilities. Got a Necklace of Defense for extra defense, took a +2 to Arcana due to background and fixed my gold: 520 - 360 (Necklace) - 50 (Spellbook) = 110 GP. I think I'm ready!
Still in the wrong sections, but they add up so it's nothing to worry about. Although Spellbook is free with your class, so you can have another 50g.

Also I noticed you have sylvan armour, but are choosing it as cloth. It comes in leather, so as a swordmage is proficient, there's really no reason not to get it in leather. Other wise you're just throwing away +2 to ac. Other than that:

You are good to go. wink  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces