Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D20 Modern] Steel Titans [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:40 am
"Okay then. If you are all ready, follow me out to the range." The commander says, coming back into the room, but only right inside the doorway." Once he gets them all to follow him again, he leads them out to a sort of enclosed room area. He smiles there and opens up a series of lockers. "Okay. First of all, I need each of you to put on one of these vests. These vests are specially made to allow us to run live combat simulations without ammo but still effectively coordinate the type of strategies we would be taking. It is a very effective and useful technology to say the least. It even simulates the damage a person takes by sending signals straight through their nervous system. So please be careful even during simulator. After you are done with that, just go out to the area outlined in blue tape. That is your 'deployment area'. Now do note, you guys will have access to a single air strike run. The air strike run will be a minigun strafe from a drone. Use this special grenade to mark the area." The commander holds out the grenade, allowing anyone to take it. "Once you get out there, be ready. The simulation begins once the team is effectively ready."

[In this case, effectively ready means I will wait until we have at least 4 out of 6 and then I will wait up to 3 more days before continuing automatically. This system will be used for every combat throughout the game, their actions being determined by me. Good luck to you all]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:12 pm
He walked to a locker and put on a vest, slipping the M16 over his shoulder. "Perhaps a talk of strategy before we engage? May I ask what information we have about the simulated situation?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm
"Hmm. I was going to wait until you were outside to give you the briefing, but I guess I can give it to you while you are suiting up. The situation is pretty well clear. A small group of terrorists have taken hold inside of the building over there." The commander points over to a pretty tall building only slightly in the distance. Maybe 100 yards out at the most. "We believe there numbers to be right around fifteen, but we are not entirely certain. The scanning systems in the area are being blocked by some sort of field over the area. But anyways, continuing on. Once you get inside, your job is simple, find the terrorists and disable them in any way possible, killing them or capturing them. Also, we have heard that they have a crate containing four M72-LAWs, though the device attached to the crate shows that they have not opened it. If you can, I want you to destroy that crate and everything in it. Use the explosive charges that are out at your deployment zone. One should do, but you might find uses for the other three." The charges laying out on the deployment zone were small bricks of C4.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:49 am
User Image"So the targets are holed up in that compound? A strafing run doesn't sound like it'd do us much good, then. How much lead time does this strafe require? If we mark a location, how long until they show? Can we preemptively mark it, then call it in when we actually need it?"

Bridgitte peers out into the field, assessing the cover situation.

{What is the cover situation? i.e. how much cover is there between our deployment zone and the target building? Is there additional field beyond the building (to facilitate flanking maneuvers), etc?}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:09 am
"I see. Interesting. The problem is, if they know we're there and become a threat, they may open the crate and use them against us. That would be very bad. Looks like we'll need to scout in and try to take out the case first. Hmm... what's the code to the case? If possible, it may be better to use the Laws ourselves than destroy them. Unless orders specifically say that we can't."  
Vorastrix rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 pm
Since the questions Toby would have asked had laready been answered, he began to survey the area, and the information they had been given, devising the best way to go about the situation.

Plan: 5 + 6 = 11 (Toby and allies gain a +1 to attacks and skill checks for the first 3 rounds of 'dramatic situation...pending DM approval)  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 pm
[@Vorastrix: Hmm. Planning out everything eh. Sure, I approve]

As Bridgitte asked about the cover situation, the commander handed her a map and a pair of binoculars. The map detailed the hills and trees in the area as well as the rocky side canal along the east. Overall, the map seemed to reveal 3 routes leading to the building. One through a small tree grove. Another through the canal and the third around back that seemed to lead up to where trucks would unload supplies into the building. Cover was plenty with all the trees and rocks lying about all over the fields. Only a few small truly open areas between here and there. "As for the case. There is no code and you are not allowed to use its contents. Just destroy it and make sure the enemy does not get access to it." The commander didn't want them to use anything unnecessary, he just wanted them to use what they had given to them to create a successful attack.  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 am
Madge looked over the practice area, trying to decide what would be the best route to take to the building. The questions that had occurred to her had already been asked, rather to her annoyance, but it was her own fault for being still distracted by the idea of the Guardians. That would have to stop.

She turns and reassesses her teammates. The neko girl is fairly useless and will probably waste resources needing to be protected, but the rest at least seem to have some idea of what they're doing. They need a plan and marching order. "Sir, will we have to some time to work out strategy once reaching the deployment zone, or should we begin now? Also, what are all of our capabilities? We should know each others basic strengths and weaknesses before going into battle or we will risk a reduction in our effectiveness. For myself, I am quite capable with firearms and have a firm grasp of tactics, but stealth is not my strong suit."

{Knowledge(tactics) at +7 to evaluate which of the potential routes seems to give us the most advantage.}

{Wow, hadn't realized how much I hadn't been on Gaia over the weekend until I saw how far this thread had progressed.}  

jennibert

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:45 am
"I was a scout and sniper back in the artic mountains. I wonder if I shot at any of you before the join up." He thought about it for a second before shrugging. "I'm not quite used to infiltrating buildings, but I'll give it the best shot."  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 pm
User Image"I'm a fair hand at stealth maneuvers, and I'm a decent shot, especially at close quarters. Unfortunately, for a mission like this, my particular talents are just squandered. I'm a driver, and I get my vehicle where it needs to be fast and efficiently."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

raozspaz

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:35 pm
[Knowledge Check: Fail - All the routes look to be good, but from just the glances granted to it, you cannot tell which one is the best.]

"Well. I don't quite care what you people are going to do, but you best hurry up and get around to doing it." The commander was becoming a little impatient, but he ignored the fact for now and headed up to the room that would overlook the field and had all the buildings for the camera within it. Built into the collars of each of the vests was a little comm unit, so even though he was away, he could still hear them. "Get to it. I don't care how, just do it." The commander wanted to see them maneuver on the ground before he decided on whether or not they were worthy of becoming Guardian pilots. At this rate though, he wasn't very impressed. They were wasting time.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:18 am
"I'm a fair shot," Toby would offer as he donned the vest, and continue to say, "but my strongest attribute is that i am likely the smartest person you have or will ever meet." pointing to the map he would suggest, "we should take the back route, it may take a bit longer, but it should offer us an element of surprise that we'll likely need. I also think it may be prudent to post the sniper in a vantage point to cover our attack, and perhaps post Tress with him with the binoculars, calling out enemy positions, and providing support if the position is compromised." Toby then began scanning the map for just such a position. He figured a sniper was best at a distance, and Tress would be best out of the way, but still be able to contribute in some manner.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:10 am
"Always nice to have a spotter. Let's get moving then and keep a look out for a decent place to set up." Taking a peek at the map to find which direction to start moving, he did so.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 pm
"I'm a fair hand with a weapon," puts in Gavin. "Have to be, growing up where I did. But my real strength's in healing what the guns do. But I can follow orders if need be, as long as they make sense."  

Dallas Moonrain

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 pm
User Image"Could I get a computer with the capacity to detect the transmitter on that rocket case's locks? Because then we could triangulate the position, and just open with a strafing run of the heavy machine guns on the enemy units located in the area. That would provide a significant distraction, as well as inflict heavy casualties on the enemy and likely weaken their main strengths - it stands to reason that the people who know the combination are likely close to the case, after all."

Tress adjusted her glasses as she peered over the map.

{Going to use my Plan ability as well. Maybe I can get a better result? 18+3 = 21, which is a +2 bonus!}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff