Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies (3.5; Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 am
glitterboypilot
Buck Spanser

BOOYAH!!!

Van von Vonder V

Dame Marionne Lastow

Sheziera Redmane

Reed McKennitt

Kristenna

I would have loved to create a character but it looks like you already have your six. Also, I wouldn't be able to post my character until Monday, seeing as I am going to be gone until then.

Though, looking at the six it looks like it would be an interesting game/crew

You forgot one. I added it. But InuVash is right. It's not first come first in. Those sorts of games never work, because you've always got someone who whips up a character, and then drops out in three posts, derailing the thread. I'd *like* this game to be an exception to the rule that none of the games on this forum ever last more than 1-2 encounters...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 am
Here's my application: Yllanah Daleborn, a Lawful Neutral Monk/Ranger  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 am
Disciple of Sakura
I'd *like* this game to be an exception to the rule that none of the games on this forum ever last more than 1-2 encounters...

I beg your pardon, I'll give you the examples of both my Keep on the Shadowfell and City of Towers games. Admittedly, I did start adventure H1 mere months before 4e came out and I'm almost done, I swear! And with none of the original party members. It's not about how quickly your players defect, it's how quickly you can replace them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:18 pm
It's also true to note that Rock's game isn't his fault. Real life suddenly went HurrDurr on him.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:36 pm
Alright, plans have changed yet again, which suck for me but the plus side means I can create a character for this.

Disciple of Sakura: can I take Duskblade(PH2) or Warmage(CA) instead of the required, monk or any Initiator class?

I ask cause, I can't find my copy of the Tome of Battle book and from what I remember the Duskblade is like them. I only asked about the Warmage for a second option, though it is more like a normal caster  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:58 pm
Duskblade is really nothing like a Tome of Battle class.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:05 am
Arc Vembris

Agreed. I'll have to say that it's a negatory on the Duskblade or Warmage substitution. Sorry, glitterboypilot.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 am
InuVash255

I'm very confused by your submission's stats. You've prioritized Charisma, a stat that neither of your classes actually gets much use out of, and you also look like you only spent about 28-29 points on your stats, rather than 32. I'd recommend increasing Dexterity and/or Wisdom. And what was the reasoning behind the high charisma, if I may ask?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 am
Arc Vembris
Disciple of Sakura
I'd *like* this game to be an exception to the rule that none of the games on this forum ever last more than 1-2 encounters...

I beg your pardon, I'll give you the examples of both my Keep on the Shadowfell and City of Towers games. Admittedly, I did start adventure H1 mere months before 4e came out and I'm almost done, I swear! And with none of the original party members. It's not about how quickly your players defect, it's how quickly you can replace them.

So then you've got a couple of exceptional games as well. I suppose having participated in no less than six games (at least) that all dead-ended, I'm a little less than convinced that ongoing successful games are the norm.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 am
Disciple of Sakura
InuVash255

I'm very confused by your submission's stats. You've prioritized Charisma, a stat that neither of your classes actually gets much use out of, and you also look like you only spent about 28-29 points on your stats, rather than 32. I'd recommend increasing Dexterity and/or Wisdom. And what was the reasoning behind the high charisma, if I may ask?

I just did the math, it was right.

As for the charisma, I'm kind of into the RP/story aspect of things. Extra persuasiveness is always a plus when it comes to that.

I decided to change it though. Now Dex is 16, Str is 12, and Cha is 12.

I figure with my sizable diplomacy of +10, I'd manage without another +2 from charisma for now  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 am
Disciple of Sakura
Arc Vembris

Agreed. I'll have to say that it's a negatory on the Duskblade or Warmage substitution. Sorry, glitterboypilot.

I respectfully disagree, but the dm said no and I am not going to press the matter any more.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:40 pm
InuVash255
Disciple of Sakura
InuVash255

As for the charisma, I'm kind of into the RP/story aspect of things. Extra persuasiveness is always a plus when it comes to that.

I figure with my sizable diplomacy of +10, I'd manage without another +2 from charisma for now

Those stats are very different from the ones I looked at last night and scratched my head over. That does add up, though you forgot the +1 stat bump from being over level 4. biggrin  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:07 pm
Could I do a ninja instead?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 pm
Disciple of Sakura
InuVash255
Disciple of Sakura
InuVash255

Those stats are very different from the ones I looked at last night and scratched my head over. That does add up, though you forgot the +1 stat bump from being over level 4. biggrin

lol missed that one, my bad =P  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:31 pm
Hey, Saku? The next part of my campaign's up. Just figured I'd let you know.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff