Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Adapted D&D 3e/3.5e) The End of Days (Running!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 am
I find it funny that we are both melee orientated and have damned good knowlae skills =D

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:02 am
Brawn and brains= scary combination.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 am
Wait till I start cracking out Truenames and turn into a tank as well =D

And flying....lots of flying =D

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:35 am
Delan doesn't have an ounce of brawn. Without a magic strength booster, he actually has less than average brawn.

His keen mind (and the Knowledge Devotion feat), however, makes him an exceptionally dangerous opponent. Especially when he gets his sneak attack in (which should be most of the time, honestly). I just really wanted to see how a "smart" fighter would work and figured I'd try and maximize it. And I didn't want to have to deal with rolling Knowledge rolls all the time to determine my insight bonus, so I took the level of Exemplar for skill mastery.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 am
Well damage dealers anyway =3

Yea. If I had the feats I'd take Knowlage Devotion. But for what I was going for I'm kind of done with it here. I can get a few bonuses on attack and the like. I'll be a big buffing charrie =3

So I'll probbaly be buffing you as we go as well. Quickened utterances should be really good for that.

Oh and I can give us either the Half Celestial or Half Fiend template for... Let me check this a second. I can preaty much do this at will for a while. Should be plenty to get us though the day. I can get rid of the Extend and Echo meta utterances to give us more usues of it.

Oh yea...I can do quickened Haste as well =D

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:25 am
You can use Haste, while I can make our enemies Slow/cancel Haste? Not too mention that I can shapeshift into a Constrictor Naga (Oriental Adventure, Huge Humanoid with Improved Grab, and Constrict abilities) plus Half-fiend= Scary Snake Man!

By the by... anybody up for some poison? Namely 2 that I can make DAILY that deal either Dex or Con damage (Con also needs a Will Save or the victim is Confused).
Poison 1: Kapak Saliva=Fort DC 22, 1d6/1d6 Dex Damage
Poison 2: Stingtail Asabi Tail Poison=Fort/Wis DC 22, 2d6/1d4 Con Damage, failed Will grants Confusion spell 2 rounds
Selling real cheap... ninja  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:45 am
I can reverse utterances as well. Spesificaly the Mind ones. So I can debuff enemies attack, slow them by reversing the hasting one. So on and so forth =3

So We should be well able to kick some a** =D

I may look into the posions

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:59 am
*Mystery man walks up in black cloak*
Psst! So, I heard yer interested in me merchandise... What'cha want, and how much ya got on ya?  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:11 am
Well, I do love Talk Dirty to Me by that band...

Oh! You mean the weapon stuff!

the AaE Guide has so many poisons it isn't funny.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am
I just remembered, I can affect several of us aslong as we are the same type. So I can auto buff or debuff, many with a single utterance.

Makes it harder to use, but I should be fine.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Stella Meowris

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm
Here's my character! (in the arena for next week)  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Oops, was I supposed to roll stats in the thread? I rolled in a generator doodle thing.

This is my character sheet:
Sonaliisa Talbaka

Yeah, you were. No biggie, everything seems balanced.

What WGP's are you using? We're not using the standard proficiency system.
i'm looking at what you linked in the beginning and she is. When looking to the Pathguy builder, dart is a simple weapon ... but i'm guessing she'll have to drop an exotic weapon.

What I'm thinking is instead of bow, darts. Wouldn't care too much if I had to drop the pistol if it's just not existent in your campaign but the rest of the weapons are chosen to fit in with a character who likes to keep a low profile so carries only concealed weapons or those that can be passed off as part of her performance props. So she wouldn't carry a bow---too hard to conceal and too obviously a weapon---but she carries darts and throwing knives and such for a marksman type act, putting out candles with the whip, surrounding a volunteer with thrown knives, and like that.

Actually, you'd need to drop another weapon if you're going to use the whip, since rogues only get two Weapon-Groups right off the bat (so, you'd probably need to give up the dart and go with flails and chains and exotic weapons) or you could expend a feat to gain proficiency with thrown weapons (which also gives you proficiency in Exotic Thrown Weapons) or even expend two to gain proficiency with thrown weapons AND pistols (which also gives you more exotic (and powerful) pistols. Exotic Weapons adds knowledge of other weapons to your repertoire).

Questions Time!

I got a headache trying to figure why pathguy was allowing me the number of weapons it was, at this level, and whether I ought to have fewer. Can you please help me figure out how to get from what I've got to what I want?

I do have Exotic Weapons Proficiency, point blank shot and far shot. If I need to have Exotic Thrown Weapons Proficiency as well, I could dump another Feat like maybe Persuasive, since I've already got enough Diplomacy Skill and Charisma Score to cover that. What I want to end up with is...

Throwing Knives and/OR Darts and/OR Shuriken
AND Whip (I like the idea of the, what was it, bladed whip?!)
AND Pistol

All of the above fit in with the character.

What I DON'T want includes bow, chains, flails, or any large weapon that I can't keep concealed and/or use in my act.

Also, you said something I think about wanting to re-roll any scores lower than ten. Do I need to re-roll my Strength score, which is 8? I kinda like the idea of having a flaw. Low strength motivates my character to work hard on hiding, escaping, diplomacy and charm, as well as hidden projectile weapons. Anything to get out of a hand-to-hand confrontation.

On the other hand, low strength could be a real drawback if the campaign involves a lot of physical stress, days without food, trekking over snowy mountains in nothing but our silk knickers, and that sort of thing. So what do you think? More strength required?  

Stella Meowris

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 pm
Stella Meowris
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Oops, was I supposed to roll stats in the thread? I rolled in a generator doodle thing.

This is my character sheet:
Sonaliisa Talbaka

Yeah, you were. No biggie, everything seems balanced.

What WGP's are you using? We're not using the standard proficiency system.
i'm looking at what you linked in the beginning and she is. When looking to the Pathguy builder, dart is a simple weapon ... but i'm guessing she'll have to drop an exotic weapon.

What I'm thinking is instead of bow, darts. Wouldn't care too much if I had to drop the pistol if it's just not existent in your campaign but the rest of the weapons are chosen to fit in with a character who likes to keep a low profile so carries only concealed weapons or those that can be passed off as part of her performance props. So she wouldn't carry a bow---too hard to conceal and too obviously a weapon---but she carries darts and throwing knives and such for a marksman type act, putting out candles with the whip, surrounding a volunteer with thrown knives, and like that.

Actually, you'd need to drop another weapon if you're going to use the whip, since rogues only get two Weapon-Groups right off the bat (so, you'd probably need to give up the dart and go with flails and chains and exotic weapons) or you could expend a feat to gain proficiency with thrown weapons (which also gives you proficiency in Exotic Thrown Weapons) or even expend two to gain proficiency with thrown weapons AND pistols (which also gives you more exotic (and powerful) pistols. Exotic Weapons adds knowledge of other weapons to your repertoire).

Okay, I got a headache trying to figure why pathguy was allowing me the number of weapons it was, at this level, and whether I ought to have fewer. I do have Exotic Weapons Proficiency, point blank shot and far shot. If I need to have Exotic Thrown Weapons Proficiency as well, I could dump another Feat like maybe Persuasive, since I've already got enough Diplomacy Skill and Charisma Score to cover that. What I want to end up with is...

AND Pistol

All of the above fit in with the character.

What I DON'T want includes bow, chains, flails, or any large weapon that I can't keep concealed and/or use in my act.

There's a difference in fighting with them and knowing how to fight with them. Fighting with them implies their use as a weapon constantly. Knowing how to fight with them implies that you can fight with them if you so wanted but choose not to.

I mean, fighters are proficient with every simple and martial weapon. It doesn't mean said fighter uses all of them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm
Okay, I'm not a fighter, I'm a rogue, but I'm a half-elf so I have inborn ability to use a bow, but choose not to use one. Cool.

Questions remaining:

1) Can I have:
AND Pistol
?

2) Must I make a change in my feats to use thrown weapons?

3) Do you need me to have more strength? I think you said something about requiring a re-roll for anything under 10 and mine is at 8. Just thought I'd better ask.  

Stella Meowris

Stella Meowris

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 pm
I think I want to get art of this.
User Image
I'm a rascally rogue
Won't follow a vogue
to wear satin & silk,
skin smooth as milk
nor skulk in the shades
& sneak out on raids.
I don't buy that stuff.