Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Nights/North] Chapter I : Let The Rain Fall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-wild-eyes-x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 am

Elena thrilled at being in charge for a while, flew behind the bar narrowed her eyes and scanned the whole room. Almost daring someone to cause trouble on her watch.

She wonders about the picture on the wall and Pora’s headband, trying to re-call if she’d seen a similar trick before.

(Spellcraft: 16)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:44 pm
"Sadly, there is enough evil in the world that I needn't actively hunt for it. I simply travel where my god leads me and do that which I have sworn to do. My calling is to help protect the weak from the evils that seek to destroy their lives and rob them of peace."  

bamaotaku
Crew

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 am
"Huh." Adriel again sipped his drink. "So, if I told you I'd heard this rumor that some of the mages in this town were summoning demons... or devils, that part wasn't very clear... to guard their homes, you wouldn't want to go stop it?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 am
Up until recently the strange being, near-human he'd call himself if no one knew better, of if asked his name, he'd proudly announce his name to be that of "Gontor." Then for a drink he'd respectfully, and wholeheartedly, pass. Pass there, he was quietly observant, and respectfully quiet. He had since recharged his little gem, and replaced each item within its respectful place.

"If you will excuse this intrusion but I wish to peruse this subject for a bit longer. If all creatures are painted within a black and white canvas, why so, are some actions seen as evil, whilst others are purely good? Further more, what is the very definition of 'good'? Now mind you, I do plan to contest this should yours turn out to be nothing more than purely a poorly construed view upon the very world we live in."

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 pm
Miai would answer Adriel first before turning her attention to the newest addition to their debate. "I do not agree with dealings with demons or devils. And if I were to meet someone who was considering it, I'd do everything in my power to try and convince them otherwise. But, in the end, their poor decision would harm only themselves. I said before, that I seek to stop people from doing harm to others. How one treats themselves, whether well or not, is not an evil act. It's a poor decision, but not an evil one. And considering they're supposedly using these creatures to guard their homes, rather than doing harm to others, I see no reason to intervene. So, to answer your question. No."

She then turned a bit in her seat to look at the other male. "If you seek a definition of what is good and what is evil, then I would have to say that evil is an act or action that causes harm to someone undeserving of it. Good is the opposite, an act or action that is to the benefit of another. Is that view sufficiently 'construed' for you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Pora kicks the door the the back back open. A crate with a number of diffrent bottles is held up with one hand, holding the crate against his gut, while the other grabbed the door handle behind him. "Thanks for watching the bar" he offered with a wink, the aparatus that he had slipped on was now gone, and the card pictiure was back to normal.

"No trouble in the bar then?" He asked with a chuckle. Elena knows the device was a magical scrying devide linked with the portrait on the wall, an effective way to watch the bar indeed.

Pora dropped the crate and kicked it under the bar. As good a place as any.

As he came back up his face dropped. His eyes locked on two smug looking men by the door. Strolling over to the bar they took there seats before snapping there fingers and calling "Bar tender, two of your "best" drinks if you woud"

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

x-wild-eyes-x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:05 pm

"No problem" Elena answers with grin. "I think that entitles me to a free drink through" she giggles cheerfully and smiles. "Nice trick by the way" she offers with a wink. "Not think I'm capable enough to handle this place by myself, or do you just think that I'll take a few free drinks" she pulls an exaggerated pouty face.

"Evening" she says coldly atop the bar. "Sorry I don’t think you can afford Pora’s best” She answers while looking them up and down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm
(Psst. My name's Adriel. A bit unoriginal concerning it's my Gaia name, but it is my favorite rp name. Ider is the ancient mage guy.)

Bugger! Adriel thought to himself. The girl has some sense. She'll be much harder to manipulate than I thought...

"Hm, you do make a good point. But tell me, what of war? Each side feels they're 'good', that they are 'undeserving' of their enemies' wrath. They see their opponents as pure evil. It is the same view, no matter what side you're on. Thus good and evil are subjective. Gray."  

x_Adriel_x

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 pm
"You've never spoken with people who have been in a war, if that is what you think it is like. Most wars aren't fought on the premise of good versus evil. It is fought because one side has something and the other side wants it. And the soldiers who fight on either side don't see the opposing side as being evil. They are simply the enemy. And the enemy must be defeated in order to obtain their goal. Be that goal defending a position or taking a position. In the minds of the soldiers, such things like good or evil hardly ever come up. There is only their objectives, and their orders to achieve that objective. Thus, war itself is neither good nor evil. However, there are those who use war as a tool for evil. But that doesn't make war itself evil anymore than using a dagger to murder someone makes the dagger evil. It is the hand that wields it which is evil."

Unlike the stereotypical Paladin, Miai was trained both physically as well as mentally and emotionally by her mother then father. Not to mention that she often traveled on her own before joining with this group. During that time, she depended on the hospitality of the common people for things like a place to stay the night. In those travels, she got to talk to some very interesting people. From merchants to soldiers. From farmers to vagabonds.

((Sorry for saying the wrong name. Wasn't all there when I made that post. sweatdrop Been corrected.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 pm
"Touche. But what of the soldiers? They 'enemy' soldiers they attack and kill are often undeserving of this fate. Would that make these soldiers evil? Unless, of course, you consider the soldiers to be emotionless tools."  

x_Adriel_x

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 am
"Actually, emotionless isn't too far from what a soldier has to become. When someone becomes a soldier, they are made aware that they are to follow orders without question. If you're commanding fifty men and tell them to charge, you can't have ten of them stopping to consider that order. If you do, your force will be in disarray. So, when ordered to attack an area, they attack that area. Now, if you take the actions of each individual soldier, you can find evil acts as well as good ones. It is an evil act to kill unarmed women and children. It is a good act to spare the life of an enemy who has surrendered. The killing of one soldier by another again, is not necessarily a good or evil act in itself. I, personally, do not care for war. It causes too much sadness....for families on both sides."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 am
"Huh. Well, another reason why I'll stay away from law, then. I kind of enjoy thinking for myself."  

x_Adriel_x

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:58 am

"Ah I see the level of rif raf that you alow into the bar continues to rise daily my dear man" The taller of the snobish pair said in an eleveated tone, one that would rise above the general murmur of the bar at present, as he glared at the Elena.

A few of the other paitrons watched the proceadings over there drinks. "You would be advised to avail of our services before something, unfortunate, would happen to this "lovley" establishment" the second man added in, with a wicked grin streaching from ear to ear.

Pora would lean low and growel at the pair "I pay my rent to the mages of this town. Not you, now get out before I throw you out"

Even with the threat they did not move, mearly smiled all the more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 am
"I don't see what possible connection you can make between being lawful and not thinking for yourself unless you think that lawful people are slaves to the laws they follow. If so, I'm afraid you're mistaken yet again."

Turning her head at what sounds like an argument taking place at the bar, Miai's eyes narrow into a glare. She doesn't move, but it's clear that her body is poised for action like a lioness ready to pounce.

"You see? It's as I said. There is no need to seek out evils."  

bamaotaku
Crew

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm
Adriel placed his hand on the pomel of his rapier, ready for a fight. Extortion, though... Their pompous tone wasn't common to the Thieves' Guild, but Adriel carefully examined them from his seat to make certain.

"Don't bring attention to us. Not yet. If there's trouble, I can sneak up and get a great shot at one of them."

(Search = 14)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces