Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:05 pm
Wiccans don't worship any gods.

Pagans believe in mother Earth, but many don't worship or believe in any Gods, just in nature.

1. Love for nature
2. Love for death
3. Respect for mother Earth
4. Respect for skills (You specified soldiers)
5. Respect for the reaper

Different ideas of afterlife, usually borrowed from other religions.

For the most part it fits.

A Norse-ish type of Neo-paganism. Hrm, that's kinda long.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 pm
Yea.... That about covers it. I wonder what it's called... Or if it has a name.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:07 am
Considering that the Norse men were barbarians they probably lived pretty close to the Earth and had a respect for it. I'd imagine whatever their religion is called, would be the proper term, or at least close enough.
I've never heard them called anything but Norse, so I'm not sure what their religion was called.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm
Yea, same here... Norse, Nordik, Nadika.... Same thing. All belive in Valhalla, and Odin, the allfather.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 pm
And Fenrir!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:09 pm
Yes, and Fenrir.  

Iron_Felix

Karrobher

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:12 am
I don't know about anyone but to me, the Norse mythology beats the greek/roman mythology by a longshot in terms of style and aesthetics. Maybe not by logic but it sure feels better to picture ice giants than the Titans.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:00 pm
Yea... Norse mythology kicks Roman and Greek mythologies a**.  

Iron_Felix

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:29 pm
Well, I kind of respect the Greek and Roman gods. I believe in a mish-mash of things, among them reincarnation, the existance of Mother Earth and also the existance of the previously stated gods (I say both because they are essentially the same with different names). I take the bits of each religion that mean something to me personally.

I believe that, obviously, at some point in time, your physical body must die and your spirit is given a new home (I really hope to come back as an eagle or falcon). Mother Earth cares for us while on this planet, and the gods protect our spirit in the transferal between bodies.

As for the concept of death, I believe in something like is told in Arthurian legend, where he sails to Avilion to be healed of his "grievious wound" (which represents death). I find this particularly appropriate as I live on the Avalon peninsula of Newfoundland, which was named for the Isle of Avilion in this legend. I like to think that during death you set sail for Avilion, where your pain is taken away and you are then given a new, healthy body to continue in. In Avilion you can meet with the gods and learn from your past life.

(Long I know, but it's not exactly a simple topic sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:55 pm
Interesting. And yes, this is not a simple topic. I believe you stated your beliefs well. I'm not going to critisize, because that would be pointless, because I don't dissagree with any of that. As long as you believe in that with your whole heart, and soul, then your good dude. I live on the almost opposite end of Canada. I live in central BC.  

Iron_Felix

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:11 am
Believing with your entire self is definitely important. It absolutely rots me when people say they believe such-and-such a thing, just because they think it sounds cool. I often get that response when I say that I believe in reincarnation "Oh! That's neat." But to me it is more than that.

(You're lucky... living in BC. It's the number one place I want to visit in Canada.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 pm
Yea, I hate people like that too. It irks me in many ways. stressed  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:02 pm
There's some Pagan belief that says when you die you go to Avalon, the isle of apples, when you eat an apple you review part of your life and learn from it, it becomes part of you and with each apple you grow younger until you are ready to be born again. I know that's what you were referring to, I just wanted to bring in the apple bit. -shrug-

I, too, dislike fad religions. Sure I may be drawn to something that sounds interesting and want to learn about it, but I won't say I believe it just because it's neat. It has to make some sense and I have to have some reason for thinking it might be true. I have to have previous assumptions though, like I have the assumption that the soul is basically immortal, without that, there would be no reason or need to believe anything unscientific.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:27 pm
Theres an island here in Canada (out near the maritimes) called Avalon....  

Iron_Felix

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:58 pm
Well not exactly, the island is Newfoundland, the most eastern part is the Avalon... that's where I live, and that's way I feel a particular attachment to that legend.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff