Submit

will you list a book?
  for 1k i'll list anything
  oh why not
  never! fie upon thee!
View Results

GothicGeisha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:07 pm
"Eyes of the Virgin" by Thomas F. Monteleone --True genious!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:12 pm
I have read a huge number of books that have impacted my way of thinking. Here are just a few:

1. The fountain head: Ayn Rand
2. In Cold Blood: Truman Capote
3. The Hobbit: JRR Tolkein
4. Me and Emma: Elizabeth Flock
5. My Antonia: Willa Cather
6. Anna Karenina: Leo Tolstoy
7. The Once and Future King: TH White  

andreevna

A Moment In Subtext

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm
"The Mustard Seed" Trilogy, by Nancy Moser.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm
"To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. A classic never dies!  

Josephine Kilgannon

Stone-cold Cutie-Pie

9,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 am
At this point in time this would be my ultimate list of reading materials. I read a lot so my list is always changing. They are in simple alphabetical order, because that was easier than trying to rank them.

Brokedown Palace (Steven Brust): Tells the story of a young prince and his brothers and what happens to save their home.
The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett): A long lived, true classic.
The Dark is Rising Sequence (Susan Cooper): Five books (Over Sea, Under Stone, The Dark is Rising, Greenwitch, The Grey King, and The Silver on the Tree) which tell a tale of dark against light, including English legends and folklore into the mix.
The Traveler (John Twelve Hawks): The main character is an Harlequin, sworn protector of the Travelers, people who can move between dimensions in their dreams. She has to find two brothers who may be able to do this before they can be captured for use as weapons.
Castaways of the Flying Dutchman and The Angel's Command (Brian Jacques): A boy and his dog are trapped on The Flying Dutchman when the ship is cursed, because they are pure of heart, the angel gives them immortality, but also the freedom to travel and help others.
Tales of Redwall (Brian Jacques): Stories of the courageous mice and other woodland creatures who live in Redwall and Salamandastron.
The Wheel of Time Series (Robert Jordan): We follow one young man and his friends, as he discovers the truth about himself, his world and his future.
The Eight (Katherine Neville): Another race between good and evil story, the characters are trying to find the pieces of an ancient chess set that give the owner immense power.
The Sally Lockhart Quartet (Philip Pullman): (The Ruby in the Smoke, The Shadow in the North, The Tiger in the Well, and The Tin Princess) Imaginative tales of the young Sally Lockhart, a street savy orphan who becomes a lawyer, and combats the evil men who want to destroy her happiness.
The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien): In my opinion one of the finest pieces of fantasy ever written.
The Golden Spruce (John Vaillant): The sad but true account of the horrible act of vandalism that killed the unique and ancient Golden Spruce in British Colombia.
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (Patricia C. Wrede): Four books (Dealing with Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Calling on Dragons, and Talking to Dragons) that follow that rather strange and often hilarious adventures of a backwards princess (she runs to the dragons rather then get herself captured), an almost king, a sarcastic witch, and a lot of evil wizards.
The Book of Enchantments (Patricia C. Wrede): A collection of short stories of the same humour found in the quartet. Talking cats, vain unicorns, prophetic roses, curses, cruel sisters, fand friendship. There is even a story with the characters of the other books that includes a "Frying Pan of Doom" and a recipe for "Quick After-Battle Triple Chocolate Cake".
and
Sword of the Rightful King (Jane Yolen): This is a classic telling of the well-known legend of the Sword in the Stone, however it is told from a comletely different point of view from what you would expect and has an equally unexpected twist.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:33 pm
shadowmarch by tad williams  

druantea

RPM Osbourne

1,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:35 am
The Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce,
also, the Circle Opens series by Tamora Pierce.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff