Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 pm
-nod- makes sense.

I guess it might be time to let this topic die and some newb will eventually resurrect it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 pm
Okay, since not everyone thinks like me and the human race would eventually die without it, I'll give my opinion...
Definetley save it for marriage, or for a very, very personal reason- like your boyfriend is going off to fight in a war, and you're not sure you'll ever see him again, or anything like that.
Sorry about this- I'm squeamish and a goody two shoes- but I honestly can't see why people obsess about it so much. I mean, I know what it's like to have...certain physical feelings, but I think about going that far and I feel sick. The first time it's apparently painful, it sounds gross, and it can be dangerous even with proper protection.
It kind of hurts, you know, the whole idea- to people who are against it. I mean, I'm all for abstinence, but I was pretty torn and freaked at the realization that it was the only way I'd come into existence...  

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:55 pm
Well first I'll say, no it doesn't hurt, not at all, not even the first time. If it does you're doing something wrong.

Marriage does not magically make you monogamous, it doesn't magically make you both STI free, it doesn't magically make you mature enough for sex or mentally/emotionally/etc prepared for sex, it doesn't magically make you ready to be a parent. It doesn't magically make sex not gross if you already think it's gross.

If both partners have been tested and both are STI free it is almost perfectly safe except for pregnency. Condom+spermicide has a 99.7% effectiveness, the pill alone is 99.5% effective, the patch is 99.6% or 2 out of 500. Condom is almost 100% effective against all STIs except herpes which is spread by skin to skin contact and can even be contracted by kissing.

I'm squeamish, I won't eat anything with meat, eggs, dairy, or insects in it because I know what happens to all that stuff before it gets to your plate. I cannot touch bugs, at all, ever. I can kill them though. I refuse to clean up anyone else's bodily wastes.
I'm a goody two shoes, I almost never lie, I don't cheat or steal ever, period. I fight for equality for all sentient beings, You can't get a bigger goody two shoes than me, we just were raised differently.

I used to think head and sex [and french kissing] were the absolute grossest thing ever. I got over it, hopefully you will too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:11 pm
Sex eh? *grabs southern bell fan* oh my well..I'm still a virgin..*embarrasment shock apaul gasp*
alright enough of the silly'ness

My treaties on sex is..actually quite grim and blunt. Go do it.

I think rather diffrently towards sex then everyone else does. (well I think I do anyway lol) I figure smart people should have sex with smart people and go out and breed smarter children. I figure strong people should have sex with strong people then have stronger children.

Sex to me is a convienient meaning of life too. You are here so you can do your best be succsesfull have sex and make the most out of things.
Now..the other side of my..thinking coin.. I figure sex should be done whenever..like in brazil (lol).  

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

My Haitus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:37 am
Sex before marriage, I think that's just around because of religion.
I don't believe in the bible, or the koran, or the old testament.. or any of that jazz.
If I liked her enough, if she liked me enough, if we were smart about it, then I think I would. confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:51 am
I think it's your choice to make. If you're willing to have it before marriage, then go ahead. You must be ready to face the consequences of what might happen, though.  

Zero Justice315

crimson_day

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:09 am
yes sex should be saved 4 marrige that's how God made it! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:22 pm
crimson_day
That's how the Roman Catholic Church made it. God wanted us to reproduce and prosper; the church was just sickened by the sex and disgusting acts going on in the streets. Marriage is a holy sacrement because it was intended to keep the world and the people in it holy, not something God just invented. It's your own choice, just don't be a hoebag or anything. He intends for us to live our lives the way we decide we should, if we choose to follow every bit of His advice is another thing entirely. That is free will, our God-given right, although personally God has no intent on restraining us; just as long as we don't become sinfull and turn it into something wrong. Sex is a beautiful and special thing meant to be shared between two people as the ultimate act of affection, not something anyone should try to control but you and your partner. rolleyes  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

CGurp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:48 pm
Lord Drago
crimson_day
That's how the Roman Catholic Church made it. God wanted us to reproduce and prosper; the church was just sickened by the sex and disgusting acts going on in the streets. Marriage is a holy sacrement because it was intended to keep the world and the people in it holy, not something God just invented. It's your own choice, just don't be a hoebag or anything. He intends for us to live our lives the way we decide we should, if we choose to follow every bit of His advice is another thing entirely. That is free will, our God-given right, although personally God has no intent on restraining us; just as long as we don't become sinfull and turn it into something wrong. Sex is a beautiful and special thing meant to be shared between two people as the ultimate act of affection, not something anyone should try to control but you and your partner. rolleyes

You cannot prove the existance of gods, none the less their rules nor that marriage is holy, sex is "beatiful" and special thing meant to be shared between two people as the ultimate act of affection, god's intentions, nor what is "sinful".

Why only between two people? Why not three or four people? What is a "hoebag" and why not be one? Since sex can and is used to be a selfish thing, it is more of the ultimate act of lust than affection. Dying for someone or being tortured, something that is purely selfless, is what is more of the ultimate act of affection.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:14 pm
Big_Ass_Guitar_Gun
Lord Drago
crimson_day

You cannot prove the existance of gods, none the less their rules nor that marriage is holy, sex is "beatiful" and special thing meant to be shared between two people as the ultimate act of affection, god's intentions, nor what is "sinful".

Why only between two people? Why not three or four people? What is a "hoebag" and why not be one? Since sex can and is used to be a selfish thing, it is more of the ultimate act of lust than affection. Dying for someone or being tortured, something that is purely selfless, is what is more of the ultimate act of affection.
... Last time I checked, more than two people is an orgy. And having sex with more than one person in a row kind of makes you a hoe. So... yeah. We all know that sluts and hoes are people who whore themselves to more than one partner consecutively. As for no prove of gods, look around; is there any definite proof of any other theory, other than intelligent design? Perhaps not a god that we have though of, but a god nonetheless. Who cares who's god it is, what they did, when and how they did anything? Fact of the matter is, it's the only theory we haven't been able to disprove. If something with the force to create the universe doesn't want to be discovered, chances are that it won't be. I've done my research, now return the favor and do yours. Sex, simply, is a way to reproduce. Being a hoe... well, I won't judge what you do with your life. I suppose it's only natural that you do it as much as you can for procreation's sake. You may be right about that. But you're still a hoe if you do. XD  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kittie-sama

Apocalyptic Lunatic

13,800 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:11 am
User Image

Sex; well it depends on the person... but not only that but how much wisdom they have in the subject. Someone who doesn't really understand such things, perhaps shouldn't be having sex, but someone who has a fully understanding about it, knows the risks, have thought about it shouldn't be treated as a simply minded person who has no understanding.

It's why I say it depends on the person. Not everyone believes in marriage, for example I'm not one of those people. I have seen to many marriages go badly, and so many families all of a sudden confused and torn and children who just have no understanding and blame themselves for why their parents are no longer together. It is in that belief that I believe that marriage isn't always the best choice, just like I've seen people get married (for example my own birth parents) who got married because they were going to have a child (aka me) and so that really doesn't make it right either.

There are also people I know that upon being raped or forced to have sex, if they can't get the person to marry them, they look bad... and tend to not be able to find a husband because they're no longer 'pure'.

I believe that if one has sex is should be for 'pure reasons' should be because they do love the person not because it's just what everyone else is doing. That those who take from someone without that be given to them should be ashamed of themselves. Yet I do not judge those who do it either, and understand fully that some do it for living. For me when it comes down to it, it will be simply to have a child, and so even I can't say it will be for 'pure reasons' unless you count having a child a pure reason.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:45 pm
I believe that people have a right to choose. I highly respect people who wait till mariage. and I do not respect people who have sex with random people or treat sex as just a thing to do. I am 27 yrs old and have been with over 20 girls in my life. sex is much better when there is love. I will not condem anyone for there past, but I will not condone there actions. sex is more dangerous now then it has ever been in the past. I have friends who have been with over 200 girls. I tell them quality over quantity. its all about the person. I have been with pleny of girls but it is shallow and pointless without having feelings. its just an act of pleasure, and if plesure is what you want, then fall in love and have sex, its 10 times better and you try much harder then you would with a one night stand. I could go on for days about this. my advice is, wait, untill you are in love, even if your not married. sex for me is shearing your body and soul with someone. thats probally why I have been told I am quite a good lover. its the feelings that make the expierence, not just the physical ones. I have great respect for anyone who can save themselves. its hard to deal with all the hormones and the pressure from others, but in the end its not about them, its about you. if you respect yourself enough, you will never be a Ho, or a dog. oh one last thing.... Ladies, guys value you much more and treat you much better, if you havnt had sex with a bunch of people. if you have sex with a few guys and word gets out, most guys will treat you like a stupid whore, no matter how great a person you are.  

Luvs2Snuggle

lillielove

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:06 pm
Sex eek ...what a complicatedly simple thing. I never received the talk, they didn't cover sex too thoroughly in Health(If you have it, you'll get pregnant, or you'll get an STD) and I sure as hell didn't research anything, so how is it that I get all the jokes surrounding it? How do I know the good, the bad and the nasty of sex? Because I was raised around movies with nudity, I read stories that had some very realistic 'steamy parts', and my friends are just down right filthy minded with a considerable amount of experience. Kids are going to learn about Sex one way or another, and they would be better of learning it from their parents and teachers so when or if they have it, they'll know the risks like having unsafe sex and the importance of birth control as for when that varies, but I agree with some people Sixth grade is a good time to cover the mechanics of our bodies, and then work on it through 7th and 8th grade, as quite a few schools do. Giving more information each year as they mature so they can better understand everything.

As for when to have it, that is a personal choice. Factors can affect it like how parents react to it, how your peers see it, how you see it, religion, etc, but it all boils down to are you emotionally ready to have it. For instance, sex was never a big deal to me. My parents were indifferent and so was I, it's neither disgusting or sinful to me and I don't believe you have to be married to have it, but I do believe that the first time should be fairly special or it could effect how you veiw sex later on in life.

biggrin But that's just me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:04 pm
I think that it is a personal choice. I believe that saving it for marriage is a perfectly fine choice but I also believe that it is a true sign of love and everyone is entitled to love whoever they would like to and they should not be limited to waiting if they choose not to.  

Toshiro_Li

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm
My opinion on sex has changed drastically over the past year. Sex is NOT wrong. Sex is NOT beautiful. Sex is a means of procreation, to proliferate, and to reproduce for the sake of our existance. Do not judge others for the decisions they make, especially if it is of a religious reason. If you are a Christian, and you believe sex should be saved until marriage, then keep that to yourself! Because there's a saying I've heard many times; "The tendency to turn human judgements into Divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world."

Now, that means that you are sinning merely by passing judgement and, well, saying that these people who are fornicating before sacramental rites have been established are wrong is just as blasphemous. There are a few more scattered throughout the Bible, but I don't have time to fire them off at you. Judgement is everywhere in the Bible, or so its says, but didn't your God say that Passion, not Judgement, should prevail? Being in a passionate relationship means not mere infatuation or love-making, but if a couple is truly in love, then by His name they should be allowed to make that decision without you damn facists trying to intervene! Jesus Christ once said, "May he who has not sinned cast the first stone". Therefore, in this little quote holds enough evidence to say that you have no right, Holy or not, to pass judgement on two who have relations before marriage. So THERE! And by the way, FYI, this is for the sake of religion. I myself am only pointing this out, and I am not saying that Christianity is right or wrong. sweatdrop  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff