Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Sins & Virtues Clutch Lesson] Pick a Card - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
demon_pachabel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 am
Kinyegele and Metisoth
Working with A'ide and Elpisath

Roll 1: What luck! This is clearly a oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 2: What luck! This is clearly a oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 3: Your dragonet doesn't recognize this object, and you can't quite make it out. Clearly you need to spend more time bonding together. -5 pts
Roll 4: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 5:
Bonus: 10+ with partner (to be added once we're both done!)
Total: 4

Metisoth had seen bedding - but it was something that she didn't particularly interact with. While some of the baby dragons still curled up in the beds with their riders, Metisoth included, she'd never considered the logistics of where Kinye put her head. So, she wasn't entirely sure what it was A'ide was showing her.

It's....angular....but I think it's soft? What? It squishes under their hand. But it's like a box. A squishy box. A squishy...box.... Yeah. A small, squishy box.

Kinye scrunched up her face, pushing her own knowledge into Metisoth's sight, trying to smooth out the edges of what the young dragon was seeing. Box, yes....squishy....kind of floppy. Fabric? Sewn fabric? Oh!

That's a pillow! she informed Metisoth privately. "A pillow!" she then added, out loud so it was more obvious that the pair had, indeed, sussed it out.

xxZaikt

demon_pachabel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 am
Kinyegele and Metisoth
Working with A'ide and Elpisath

Roll 1: What luck! This is clearly a oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 2: What luck! This is clearly a oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 3: Your dragonet doesn't recognize this object, and you can't quite make it out. Clearly you need to spend more time bonding together. -5 pts
Roll 4: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 5: This could be a red fruit or a red ball. Your dragonet's vision, while keen, is not quite like your own, and you can't tell which it might be. -2 pts
Bonus: 10+ with partner (to be added once we're both done!)
Total: 2 (12 when Zaikt is done!)

Fruit held about as much interest as a ball did for Metisoth, who interacted with either object rarely. Really, Kinye had never thought about what made either distinct from the other except on the basis of 'one is eaten' and 'one is a toy'. But that made it harder for her to do with the round sphere that Metisoth was informing her of what had been done with the pillow.

Hmmm.

"If I guess blindly, it's a ball - but I'm not actually sure so...." she would at least be honest about it.

But, with their turn taken, Kinye removed the blindfold to actually look at the object in A'ide's hand. "Oh, that's super not a ball." Whoops. "Okay, your turn!" Would it be easier when A'ide at least had an idea of what items were in the bucket now? Kinye sure hoped it would be!

Zaikt

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Samuel Carlin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 am
Rosannah and Erisath

Roll 1: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2: The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 3: This could be a red fruit or a red ball. Your dragonet's vision, while keen, is not quite like your own, and you can't tell which it might be. -2 pts
Roll 4: This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 5:

Total: 5-5-2+5 = 3
Bonus for working with a partner: +10 pts

----

There was that round, red thing again. ROsannah was prepared to let it go again, because she could feel Erisath's effort. If he could set his jaw, it would be jutting out like stone. At the last moment, though, with a final demanding push from the blue: "Redfruit! That's a redfruit! Oh, good job, love!"  
Samuel Carlin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:09 am
Rosannah and Erisath

Roll 1: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2: The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 3: This could be a red fruit or a red ball. Your dragonet's vision, while keen, is not quite like your own, and you can't tell which it might be. -2 pts
Roll 4: This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 5: Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts, odds you guess wrong (it is a riding strap) and lose -3 pts.

Total: 5-5-2+5-3 = 0
Bonus for working with a partner: +10 pts

Grand total: 10
----

Oh, this was another hard one and Rosannah felt as well as heard Erisath heave the sigh he sighed as he sat beside her staring at the thing. It's all right, she promised. You are doing your very best. We'll get better!

We would do better if that one would pick better things!

No, Erisath. It's not Jemi's fault either. She's doing what she's meant to do. Now, tell me, what do you see?

In the end, it didn't matter, because long and flat and leather was all Erisath could get across. Rosannah thought it was a riding strap, and it wasn't, but she was smiling as she untied the blindfold and went to hand it to Jemisae. "That was good practice, but be careful. It isn't as easy as I thought it would be."

Shaddaling
Your turn!

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Samuel Carlin rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 am
For my last roll...  
magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:11 pm
Nalacko and Green Feidemeth
Working with Ara and gold Damahath (Princess_Feylin)

Roll 1: 10- At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:
Partner: +10

The last couple days had been pure bliss. In Nala's books spending any time with Feidemeth was perfect. But now they were doing a bonding lesson. Nala waited as the assistant brought her a bucket and blindfold. She was a little surprised to find herself paired up with Ara. Nala smiled at the gold pair before placing her blindfold. Ok I'm ready.

She waited as Ara pulled something from her bucket. Ok Mine. She's holding something up. It's.... um..... its white..... Take it easy, no pressure. It's white. Does it look soft or hard? Oh it looks soft. Is it large or small? Small, definitely small. OH! It looks like a small pillow Mine! Well done! "It's a small white pillow."

Nala reached blindly into the bucket and pulled out an object. By the feel, she guessed a sandal. Would Ara and Damahath be able to figure that out? She held it up for them.

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Roll 1: 10- At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2: 8 Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

"Good job!" She called when they guessed the sandal correctly. Nala waited for Ara to draw something else while she set sandal aside. There was a long silence moment, and she started to get worried. This is a little unfair, Feidemeth sounded amused. Oh? It is that thing you just pulled out. They called it a sandal yeah? Nala laughed. Alright that is a little unfair. Try to show it to me anyhow. The green obliged and eventually worked her way up to a decent image. "It's a sandal."

Nala reached into the bucket and pulled out a playing card. Oh this one is gonna be tough. She held it up and waited. Eventually the other rider called out napkin. "Nope its a playing card."

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Roll 1: 10 At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2: 8 Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts
Roll 3: 8 Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Nala felt something squishy in the bucket and pulled it out. It felt like a small pillow. She held it and felt the young dragon nudge it. "Whatcha think?" she asked. It took a moment before the rider identified the pillow. "Yup!"

She waited for Feidemeth. The green, recognizing the same article as before tried to make it difficult. Mine. There are bits of leather all connected together. It is brown and looks soft. It is something you stand on. The green was giggling by the end. Nala laughed with her. "The other sandal! I'd wondered where it'd gone."

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Roll 1: 10 At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 3: 8 Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts
Roll 4: 5 This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 5:

Reaching in, Nala felt the familiar unfamiliar shape of a tuber under her fingers. She pulled it out and held it up for the dragonet. It didn't take long for Ara to identify the object. "Good job." She chuckled. What candidate didn't know what a tuber was? A hungry one? Aawwww. Well lets have none of those!

Ok let's see here. Hmmmmm. It's hand size and bright red. There's a number of things that are bright red. Does it look like a toy? No, this one looks edible. Seeing a faint image with slightly irregular edges Nala was ready to make her guess. "That's a red fruit."

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Roll 4: 5 This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 5: 10 At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Score: 5+2+2+5+5+10= 29

Nala reached into the bucket one last time. She felt something slippery under her hand and grabbed it. By the time she pulled it out, she realized it was another playing card. Hopefully this one would be easy for them. Nala didn't realize she was holding it the other way. "Oh. No its another playing card."

Ok we got this Feidemeth. Last time. Show me what you got! The teen was fired up! The green watched closely as Ara pulled a final item from the bucket. There. Do you see it Mine? It is soft and squishy and white. You grab one when you come and sleep in my wallow with me. Nala smiled. "It's a pillow." Feidemeth gave a trill of congratulations to her rider, well done! You're really good at this time. And well done to you too Ara and Damahath!

Princess_Feylin

magnadearel

Shaddaling rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:40 pm
Jemi and Shandath working with Rosannah and Erisath

Jemi sat down and covered her eyes with the blindfold. "Okay, Shandath, lets see what we can see." She said and started to focus by feeling for Shandath. 'Ready when you are Shandath.'

Shandath pulled herself up, attentive and eager to give this a try. Ooh was that a blanket? She had a feeling it was a blanket, she eyed it, bobbing a bit. 'Can you see it, can you see it Jemi mine, mine?'

'I think I can.' She puzzled it out. "Is it a blanket?"

Roll 1:Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:52 pm
Rosannah was as interested to see how Shandath and Jemi would do as she'd been hopeful that she and Erisath would do well. Now, though, she fully understood how tricky it could be.

"Not quite," she answered. "But close! A blanket on s small scale, maybe? It's a towel," she explained. "Good try! How about this?" she offered, holding up the next object.

Shaddaling

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Shaddaling rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:57 pm

Roll 1:Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts
Roll 2:Your dragonet doesn't recognize this object, and you can't quite make it out. Clearly you need to spend more time bonding together. -5 pts

'I... I'm not sure what this is.' Shandath muttered, confused and trying to let Jemaselle see what it was.

Jemi paused, confused, face scrunching up slightly. Nope... that hm. "Not a clue, what is it?'

Samuel Carlin
]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:10 pm
"Another tough one," Rosannah explained. "It looks like they cut a little piece off of someone's furs. It's very soft, but without touching it, it can't be easy."

She handed the scrap off to Erisath, who had quite the time getting it off his tongue again when he tried to spit it out atop the towel.

"Let's try something else."

Shaddaling

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Shaddaling rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:13 pm

"Ooh, I know that one, that is a tuber." Jemaselle replied as it came into focus. "They are tasty things, and delicious."

'Are they?" Shandath replied, wrinkling her muzzle at the smell coming off the oddly shaped thing. 'It smells of dirt.'

"They're better when they are cleaned and cooked."

Roll 2:Your dragonet doesn't recognize this object, and you can't quite make it out. Clearly you need to spend more time bonding together. -5 pts
Roll 3:While unfamiliar to your dragonet, the shape of a tuber is very easy for you to make out. +3 pts

Samuel Carlin
]

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas