Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:45 pm
K’rou and Bronze Cadereth
She was coming over, no surprise to the man. Yunara did tend to cling to him, though he felt no particular reason to complain. She had become a constant in his life and well knew well her place. Now that they were safe here, he would no longer have to put his neck on the line to keep her head, or his own, attached to their shoulders. It felt good to relax on that front.

His eyes remained on her during the full length of her approach, still struggling with the sense of strangeness about her appearance. There was something about it that his mind just could not quite comprehend. He tilted his chin down to follow her movement as she curtsied. The leaves of her skirt touched the floor and flared out around her, and for a moment she almost looked like… a flower. He wasn’t sure why he’d thought of that.

Beside him, Cadereth had stiffened, his wings lifting in the beginnings of a threatening pose. K’rou casually reached down and closed a hand around the bronze’s nearest headknob. No words were needed for the dragon to understand his expectations. Glowering, Cadereth stretched out his wings to their fullest before folding them down halfway.

Meanwhile, K’rou nodded to Yunara’s greeting, still looking at her with just a hint of consternation. “Where did you get that dress?” He certainly hadn’t bought it for her, having never seen it before.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 pm
Talis and Holleth
Of course, Mother, Holleth promised dutifully, and though he didn't vocalize, he was quite pleased, in his own quiet way, to receive such attention from his dear mother when there were so very many wanting the same.

Just as Talis opened her mouth to reply to the Weyrwoman Second, she heard a voice she knew. Knew just a little too well. While outwardly nothing about her posture changed, inwardly she braced for impact, though she knew it wouldn't be physical. Fela did have some consideration for personal space, at least, even if no amount of semi-polite bristling or stubborn resistance had yet put her off. The mindhealer was persistent, Talis had to give her that; she also meant well, so for all her impatience with being a patient for anything other than a physical ailment, she didn't have the heart to push her away outright. The woman only wanted to help, after all. But while some of the folks coming out of Nabol might need it, though (which was fine!), Talis was quite sure she was not one of them.

"Fela," she acknowledged with a polite nod. "Thank you." Maybe she would have said something more, maybe not, but more and more were coming to pay their respects, including a certain someone who was now also a bluerider, and fully embracing every ounce of flamboyance she had avoided. Another nod, another mostly-neutral greeting, with perhaps only the tiniest suggestion of a smile. "T'rin."

If she noticed the slightly longer look she received as he took his leave, she made no indication of it, though the corner of her mouth quirked up a little more as she watched him swish away. That's some coat.

Isn't it? Holleth agreed, sharing a private laugh with His alone. Did you really-

Hush! Those thoughts aren't for hatchlings. While she was as composed as ever on the outside, her exchange with her bonded was rife with amusement. But yes. Don't judge me.

Never, he pledged.

Then came his sister, Ulendoth, with unkind words for their mother, and a bit of yellow found its way into his eyes, which had been a blue nearly as dark as his hide with all the affection he had been receiving. Was this really the time or place for such things? Had the day not been difficult enough? Though he said nothing, Holleth stretched up to offer the softest of boops, should Fianth accept it, and with it love, tinged with apology and sorrow. For everything that had happened, everything that could never be fixed...everything. And then he settled all four feet back on the ground, set his wings just so, and stepped away, into the Dining Hall. After a pause to bow, Talis followed. There was quite a crowd now, and it was best that they moved on.

medigel

Smerdle

Uta

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm
Kinyegele

It wasn't hard to miss the uncomfortable looking boy that seemed to have come from Western Weyr. Kinye looked down at the food thoughtfully, before puffing up her little chest and stalking around the tables towards where the young man had set himself to the side with his handsome new brown.

"Are you doing alright?" she approached S'lys, though was kind enough to keep from just bowling into his personal bubble. Looking down at Leoniath for a moment she quickly added, "Congratulations on such a handsome lifemate! What's his name?" It was easy to talk about one's dragon, right? Surely he'd be alright with indulging her at least that much.

zombeikid
I know she isn't any fambamily for Leoniath, but she thought he looked lonely ;(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:52 pm
Soui and Museth

"I...I'm sorry to say I don't really remember you. I only became a candidate right before the touching happened." Soui had turned fourteen and was considered old enough, or mature enough, but then she'd blown it by sobbing on the sands and having to be comforted. The thoughts over how anxious she'd been touching the large egg - Anakumath's, she reminded herself made her cheeks color red. Museth noticed the change and nuzzled more into her rider, thrumming with comfort and understanding.

You understand now why you cried and moved forward. Don't always look at your past with shame, instead be happy. My aunt was right in saying you had a good heart, after all, since I did choose you. Museth's eyes whirled purple as she shifted in Soui's arms, trying to provide as much comfort as she could. And lovely Orath, I have not! You are my first cousin and sibling to meet as it stands. I will treasure this memory. Her next words were for her white cousin and were laced with a similar sort of affection. She adored how energetic he was and hoped to see him more in the future.

Soui, however, wasn't so sure. She still was thinking more of finding Tsuyat and Yudueth than actually paying attention to the conversation and it took a mental pat from her dragonet to get her attention back. "Er, well, I can understand you there." About the disbelief, right? "Even now I can't really believe Museth chose me, out on those sands. She didn't even hesitate to look at any others." If that was a rude thing to say it completely went over Soui's head and she tightened her arms about Museth. "Now I'm just....worried about home. About Western." High Reaches was home now, wasn't it? For the next five turns or so, depending on what happened with her and Museth.

There was a weird nagging at the back of her mind.

Kyrieko

-------------

A'ye

A'ye nearly choked down the swallow of klah he'd been gingerly nursing, his hand instantly rising up to clap over his mouth as he swung to show his back to the approaching S'del. Thankfully a gulp had it gone, his mouth was clean, and he swore to Faranth above if anyone saw that happen he'd walk between himself. Clearing his throat and pretending he hadn't nearly waterboarded himself, A'ye smiled in response to S'del's question. "Tastes a lot better when in good company." It was entirely true, he'd come to find as of late; whenever he'd have klah around S'del even the most basic kind tasted like something he'd dropped an entire month's salary on.

Or....or maybe the klah S'del would serve to him really was the nice stuff and the greenrider was being spoiled far more than he knew. That thought was enough to send the tips of his ears into pink territory, though S'del's straight out next question had his face full-blown burning red. There hadn't even been a conversation between the pair, no light banter or overused politeness. Just a comment, and then a request.

"O....of course." One that A'ye had no reason to refuse, even ignoring the fact he was poorly undertrained at dancing and also overwhelmingly shy about doing things in public places. "I would never say no to being with you." His mouth and his brain weren't matching up with their different signals of 'stop' and 'go', yet A'ye felt oddly okay with it. Wasn't tonight supposed to be the night things went down anyway? Why not start it off by dancing with a bronzerider in front of everyone right after a bunch of things happened at a hatching that wouldn't soon be forgotten?

It made sense, really, and the man extended his hand towards S'del before he could take it back and run away. "Lead, and I will follow."

Uta

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

zombeikid

Feline Lunatic

2,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:36 pm
S'lys and Brown Leoniath

The new rider looked at the buffet table for a long moment before a voice caught his attention. A girl, about his age had approached him. He shifted a bit, uncomfortable, but nodded his head. "Yeah. Jus' a lot of people." He had seen a lot of people before but this was.. different. While he wasn't a new gold or bronze rider, which he was glad for, he felt.. odd. Hopefully the attention of others was elsewhere. She then asked him about Leoniath and he gave a little sigh of relief.

"His name is Leoniath. He's the mos' perfect dragon ever clutched and I'm sure you've seen how nice his clutch was." The dragon's eyes whirled with excitement and pride as he stood taller. The young brown knew when he was being talked about. He tried to stretch his wings out to show how big they were but there were too many people. He gave a little huff of annoyance but made himself small again.

S'lys didn't seem to notice, or maybe care, settling to rub his eye ridges. "Can't wait 'til he can fly. I bet he'll put those bronzes to shame." Who needs a bronze when you can have Leoniath.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Kinyegele

Kinyegele made sure to be over the top with her admiration of the brown hatchling. "Oh yes! He's very handsome! Looking at how big he already is, I bet he'll be a big one too!" Kinye threw her arms out in a dramatic display of how big she meant by big, even though she was so very small herself. For how nice his clutch was...Kinye forced herself from trying to find where that bronze was with his lifemate.

"I think flying is wonderful, I bet it'll be even better when you're flying with yours, hmm?" she'd sat on the back of nearly every dragon in her family while they were in flight, and while she loved it, she couldn't help but feel she was missing half of the experience just by not being theirs.

Offering a hand, she added; "I'm Kinye, by the way. Were you one of Western's candidates?"

zombeikid

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:10 pm
User ImageF'enn & Zezollath
Orri's arrival broke F'enn out of a slight reverie he'd dropped into, and Zezollath of course looked up at the very kind boy to whirl eyes of deep blue and purple. "Oh, hey Orri." A beat later he noticed the bandaging across his...friend's?...face, managing to grimace and c**k a brow at once. "Get in a fight with someone on the sands after we left?" Still, despite his apparent disinterest, he reached up to casually pull some of Orri's hair away from the area, fingers ghosting over the wrappings. "Not quite what you wanted to leave the sands with, I'll guess."

I'm sure he was, ah, I'm sure you were very brave, Orri! The green piped up, pressing close to F'enn's legs with a croon. She did not like that pain had come to the sands. And especially to someone who featured so interestingly in her rider's past! I'm sure he will impress in time. He is a such a good, kind boy, she informed F'enn, instantly drawing his attention away from the other boy, shifting away to cup her head instead, thumbs grazing over her delicate eyeridges. "It still doesn't seem real. I didn't...I mean, I expected...well." He shrugged. Orri knew, probably, what he'd felt was coming. This was not it, but he wouldn't say it, wouldn't dare distress that precious, perfect green.

But a moment later it didn't matter. She was distressed all the same. Looking out at the crowd over her, her F'enn had spotted something or someone that'd locked him up, left him tense and wary. Without hesitation she whirled on the spot, tiny wings flaring as if to shield him, despite barely cresting his knees. F'enn managed not to bristle too much as K'ienn came to a stop, staring him down. If he was going to say anything about his Zezollath, anything about disowning him, well he'd tell him where to stick it. She was the only sharding good thing that'd happened in his life and he—

"You did well, son."

—Well. That wasn't quite what he'd expected. It was shaffing hard to let go of the feelings that'd come bubbling up...but he did try. The ripple of gracious affection flowing from Zezo upon the realization that though this person was Not Good to her F'enn's mind, he had come to do good...that helped. For her part, the little green folded her wings back, eyes fading back to blue with a quiet croon...even if she remained interposed between man and son.

"Thanks..." He was plainly wary, defensive. "...She did it. Not me." It was the truth. He'd simply waited for death to come with flashing teeth. She'd saved him.
medigel
@Orri
Teiha
@K'ienn

User ImageWeyrlingmaster V'mel
V'mel paused in his continual scanning of the room to give Ashlyn a slight nod as she joined him. "Appreciate it. We'll need twice what we've got to mind them all, of course." He knew her situation, certainly, but he also knew that she was early enough along yet to not be bothered by it. Not to mention he counted on her to have the sense to check herself and to alert him at the point where she became unfit for duty. She was a reliable sort, after all.

"Been some time since we had so many. I imagine you'll be ready to help lead lessons once we're ready to split them." The first week or two they would all learn together, but after that it made more sense to divide them. It afforded each new pair a better chance to have the attention they were deserving of, a better education, and a better chance of success. And V'mel, much as he preferred to have his hands on the reins at all times, did only have the two hands. "At least until the Seniors are graduated, I think." That'd be coming along soon enough. He'd need to begin his reports to the Weyrleaders and Wingleaders on them.

"In the meantime, eat. They deserve to be celebrated. And I'd like to think they'll have the sense to mind their behavior better than they did as candidates. They'll face more than a slap on the wrists if they fumble now, unlike they did under Gr'del's roof." It was true enough that they had their work cut out for them. And he was not at all about to let a softer touch spoil the Weyr's future prospects. Even if that meant he had to grind them to a point himself.
Dea and #Teddy#
@Ashlyn

User ImageTheo & Iweth
Theo had found himself indeed a nice quiet little nook to continue to admire Iweth in, though he couldn't help but glance up now and then as if to wonder if he might spot...oh. Ohhh. Oh no.

Oh no? Oh no what? The little bronze looked around just in time for his rider, exuding a sense of exasperated fondness, mild embarrassment, and familiar affection, was swept up into the arms of a tall, muscular man with wild blond hair. "H-herg'r! Yes, yes, please!" He wriggled in the larger man's grip, patting him ever so gently on the back and going red across the neck and ears at the certain spectacle of himself off his feet in a bear hug like he was all of eight turns old again. Near their feet Iweth flared his wings, eyes whirling as he hwonked and pranced about. He did very much want his rider back, but this! This was his Theo's clutchsib!! How exciting!! In playful challenge the bronze butted his head against Herg'r's huge calf, eyes flickering orange...then green unable to keep up the facade of irritation. Fight back, Theo! You can take him! You're the hero of this story, after all, and that means we've got to triumph over every challenge, right?

Eventually his feet did find the ground again, and after a quick (nearly unconscious) run of his hands over himself to make sure his clothes hadn't been mussed (he was a rider now! He had to look the part...!) he turned a soft smile to his big brother. On anyone else it might have been almost coy, but for Theo it was beaming. "I still can't quite believe it, you know! All those turns I...I"d honestly set that dream aside." Or just about. He grinned in full then as he felt the bronze thrust his snout into the man's hand. Even if you were eleventy-five I'd have come to find you! Don't worry about it—introduce me! We can't be rude to your brother! "He's Iweth, of course! Did, did you see him climbing the stands? Even then I didn't realize, but...but here he is!" He blathered on, eyes misting in emotion. His dragon. His own dragon!!
Meepfur
@Herg'r

User ImageE'dan & Galxath
Galxath, sadly, never really lied hatchings. Each baby seemed better than him, and the blue was a knot of worry that his E'dan might have liked to ride one of them more than himself. It'd taken hours of reassuring and cuddling and singing later to confirm to the blue that he was, indeed, the best and most beloved dragon, but even then, the blue did not seem keen to join the festivities right away. Still...his daughter (he had a daughter!) had impressed. And not just impressed...but to a gold!

He'd never been more proud of another human before...but also saddened.

If he did more now to build their relationship, would she think it just because she'd impressed? She'd have her pick of peers now. Why would she want her silly, rankless, absentee father around? Perhaps he was only picking up on Galxath's wary mood, he considered as he perched on the edge of their ledge, guitar in hand and looking down at the lights and crowd. He imagined he could spot her, her and her splendid, tiny star of a dragon down there. He really ought to go. Congratulate her, if nothing else. If she rebuffed him, well. He'd still have been there.

That was more than he could say for the previous turns.

Mind made up, he slung his guitar onto his back and boarded Galxath strapless to coast slowly down into the bowl, the blue crooning timid greetings to Eveleth as he passed, and then Rhianth and Fianth as he backwinged to land in an unpopulated edge area. "You think you can reach out to her gold, babyblue?" E'dan reached down to pat the dragon's neck comfortingly.

I...can try. I think her name was, uhm. Mictecath? The last was sent to the small gold as well as his rider, hesitant though he was certainly correct.
Sweet Symmetry
@Nyara

User ImageV'rind & Krahsujunth
Krahsujunth had been inseparable from Fianth since the hatching. Her pain was his own, and though he too ached for the lost green, he knew he would gladly take her pain on top of his own to spare her from it. That their family, just as it had begun, had been fractured...no. No, he would be strong. They had many beautiful and wonderful children here, and they did not deserve their parents' grief. For them he would be as strong as the mountains they called home.

Down in the bowl he watched as their children came to greet their mother, curled against her side, but letting her take the focus of their hatchlings' affections. Of course, when one of his little bronze sons began to call out around the area, he shifted to turn his head to scan about for him. Valseth. Of course. I am near your mother, though my V'rind is within the feasting area, if yours would like to find her. Of course, he relayed this interest to V'rind, who was at that moment piling food onto a platter for herself. With the twins turned over to the creche for the night, she was free to feast and drink her (and Krahsujunth's, through their bond he could not hide it) woes away with T'at.

That wher-headed miner, right? She remembered when they'd searched that one. Thought I'd have to ring his head like a bell, but you always had the nose for it. She smiled to herself as she jammed a slab of roast between her teeth. Outside the blue rumbled, eyes briefly showing warmer hues of ire. It itches terribly. I hate it. I'm glad that one impressed so now I don't have to smell all that wasted potential. The blue scoffed to his rider, but could not help feeling some affection for the man that had been right for one of his.
Sinders Path
@S'mol/Valseth
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
In case T'at's around, but no pressure, I've assumed he's there in the background if nothing else!

User ImageU'zan & Balizarth
Ahhh, another hatching, another feast. U'zan had seen a number of them in his turns, and though none of course could compare to his feast, they were all grand enough. He'd posted up early, his Balizarth gone to skulk on the heights for any flash of foreign bronze hide to be ripped, and found himself a fine, fine vintage of wine to pull from. The new weyrlings couldn't partake—he would in their stead. And eat, and dance, and who knew where the evening might lead! His bronze's blood was up with anger—his was up, but he wasn't terribly put off, to be frank.

Of course, there was the matter of his son. The boy'd not impressed, which of course was disappointing. But neither had he fled when the chaos had grown thick. He'd not seen the boy's fear on his face from his seat (never mind that a pretty woman had turned his eye more than once during the affair) but at least he'd not gone running away, or been left a bleeding, bawling mess like some. There would be more eggs. Better clutches, according to Balizarth. Of course, his nieces had done very well, but none could ever compare to his august sister's production. There would be other chances, indeed.

He felt his bronze rumble up there on his perch across from Eveleth's. He was not part of her immediate throng, no, but that was his intent. Had he wanted closer, he could have gone. Let the others pay her her rightful tribute of adoration. He would stand guard for any undesiarables that even thought to approach her...from within or without the Weyr.
Tsunake
This mess is here.
Sweet Symmetry
Just so y'know papa U'zan is around if he's needed.

User ImageZelaya
They had failed. Failed to impress, and failed as a member of the Weyr's candidacy, which had on the whole displayed entirely unacceptable behavior. It had been a somber mood in the barracks since, and the news of Gr'del's relief of duty had been...a conflicting thing. He had been a kind enough man, though clearly there was some conflict of interest between him and the Weyr to have let things get to this point. Perhaps, they reasoned to themselves, it was more a trouble of the searchdragons, in their eagerness to supply the two clutches, had brought in those who might have, in times of less need, been ignored. Eventually they would come to see the debt they owed the Weyr, and hopefully improve.

As it was, there was nothing to do but press on. Head up, properly dressed to be a representative of their home. They might have failed, but they would be there to support and lift up those who had found success.

And, of course, their father. He was not hard to miss as he entered, though they did not make haste to intercept him. He was an important man, with important things to see to. And more important people to seek out. Still, they kept an eye on him as he moved about the crowd, quietly eager to present themselves to him if he sought them out.

Seeing the cane they'd given him in hand, at his side...well. It felt, a little bit, like they were there with him too.
Mr Cheri
@Z'tir

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:27 pm
S'lys and Brown Leoniath

Leonaith gave a trill of happiness at the display before burgling and shaking himself. Of course he would be a big dragon, what else could he be? He had to be big enough to protect everyone from the threadfall, after all. "She's got a good eye! She can clearly see how fine of a dragon I am!" The brown dragon was clearly happiest when being admired, at least for now. He moved to bump his head lightly against the girl. He liked her and he told S'lys as much.

On the other hand, S'lys was a bit red faced. "Ah. Yeah. He's gonna take a lot of feedin' I'm sure." He gave Leoniath another pat, awkwardly as she spoke about flying. "I think.. yeah. I've only flown on a dragon a few times.. When I got searched and when I came here.. And yeah, one of the Western candidates.." Was Western a dirty word at this point? He wasn't sure but he took her hand.

"S'lys is..my name. My new name. Nice to meet ya, Kinye. I'm sure I'll.. be seein' you around." He was sure he wouldn't have much free time but it was alright.. He liked the focus of training and things. "You a candidate?" Is.. is this how you talk to people?

demon_pachabel

zombeikid

Feline Lunatic

2,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 pm
Kinyegele

The girl absolutely beamed when Leoniath bumped his head against her, giving him a questioning look before reaching out to offer a hand to the brown as well. "May I?" it wasn't a question for S'lys, but rather one for Leoniath instead. If permission was granted, she'd eagerly reach out to offer scritches around his eyes and headridges. Otherwise, she knew better than to touch without permission.

Kinye inclined her head slightly at the slightly off look on S'lys's face, but didn't pry. "A lot of oiling too, I'm sure," she added, tone absolutely brimming with sunshine. "Oh! So you'll get to have most of your chances with him! That's good. Means you'll mostly adapt to it together," she offered as a positive spin, squeezing his hand tightly before relinquishing it again. "Have you gotten a good chance to take in the Weyr? I don't know how it stands compared to Western, but I hope it's not a hard change for you."

She absolutely beamed at his inquiry. "Yep! This was on my second time standing, but it was different from the first time. Lots of opportunities to go, though! I was born in the Weyr, though, so if you need anything I'm sure I can help!" Kinye offered eagerly.

zombeikid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth
Wingleader of Flame's Fury Wing

It was sharding cold in High Reaches Weyr. Z'haq couldn't understand how anyone could get so used to it they just wore shirts or tunics without jackets in temperatures like this. The people he felt the worst for were the new Weyrlings who had come from Western to Impress from the double clutch; they'd have five Turns to adapt to the cold. Poor kids.

He strolled alone through the crowd gathered for the Hatching Feast, very glad that Resa had insisted he wear a scarf with his Gather jacket and tunic.In a way, he was glad she wasn't able to come along with him; she was heavily pregnant and restricted from going between. Z'haq could still relay information to her, though, through his bronze Eorawth and her gold Lyraeth. It would have to do.

Spying a samovar dispensing hot klah, he made for it like a firelizard going for a bit of meat, retrieving a mug and filling it near to the brim, then looked for a good vantage point to survey the proceedings. There were a number of other Western wingleaders present, all of them on their best behavior after the incident that had damaged the fragile alliance between Western and High Reaches (which he'd only heard about -- he'd been in the middle of training exercises with Flame's Fury Wing when the Hatching was happening). The celebration was understandably subdued as a result, though the baby dragonets didn't seem terribly bothered by the drama; some were running about and having fun, others were holding close to their new bondmates. He sipped his klah and smiled. He'd mingle in a bit. Watching was just as fun.

Oh go on, you know you want to mingle, Eorawth goaded from his position on the outskirts with the other visiting dragons.

In a bit. I just want to observe for now…

Quote:
Z'haq is open for interaction from Western and High Reaches guests alike!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:13 am
User Image
orri

Orri felt his cheeks warm at the surprising gesture and tried to laugh it off, rubbing his neck self-consciously. “Less brave and more clumsy, really. I-It wasn’t a big deal,” he said, also not willing to say anything that might distress Falienn’s dragon. “I just had a bad fall and hit my head, that’s all. All those excited candidates in a tight group, baby dragons, me being an excited klutz myself, you know...” He wasn’t sure how that cover story would work out when the bandages came off, but he could worry about that later.

He felt his smile growing the more he looked at them. At least here was a pair Orri could feel genuinely glad for, along with apparently Soui as well if the introductions from earlier were remembered right. Whatever Falienn had believed he deserved, this was right.

“Now are you going to be a gentleman and introduce me?” he asked Falienn, about to crouch to be at proper eye level with the green, when someone else approached. It took him a moment to properly put a name to the man’s face, but then Orri stood ramrod straight when he did with a mixture of surprise, anxiety, and respect. But why were Falienn and His—

Son. Oh. Faranth, today was just a bit of an emotional ride for his friend, wasn’t it. And Orri just kept continuing to find himself the third wheel in someone else’s scene. He didn’t dare say anything and kept his hands at his sides. Falienn looked ready for a confrontation...Even his sweet green looked ready to defend. Orri couldn’t help but grow more curious, even as he hoped K’ienn didn’t give him a second look for staying there. He felt awkward enough, thanks, in his stiff, neutral position, eyes glancing between father and son.

ShinosBee

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:53 am
Herg'r
Any protest or wriggling from Theo was futile; it didn't even register with Herg'r, who was happily enthusiastic about everything on most days, but even moreso today.  His little brother had Impressed!  To a bronze!!  A bronze who was bumping his head into his legs in an effort to 'save' his rider, which elicited a booming laugh even as he finally did set Theo down.

"I did, I did!" was his answer to the question of whether he'd seen Iweth climbing the Stands.  The bronze had made quite sure he'd have an audience, after all, with his bugle!  And when he'd chosen Theo!  The blonde's poor seat-neighbors had been subject to no little hugging and back-slapping. "Here he is indeed!" Herg'r sighed fondly down at the little dragon, just ever so pleased that his little brother had managed to Impress somehow, in spite of everything.  And if there were any tears in his eyes, well, he wasn't ashamed of them.

"Let's have a look at you, shall we?" So saying, the large man sat unceremoniously down on the floor, beckoning for the young bronze to come closer (he knew better than to bear-hug the dragonet as he had his brother, but the desire was absolutely there).  Only if Iweth seemed amenable to it would he put hands on him - at least he understood a dragon's personal space, even if he didn't give much thought to humans'. "He's a fine one, isn't he?  Not nearly as ugly as Hyg!" The cheerful insult to his own dragon was given with deepest affection.  He'd always been sturdy, to put it politely, rather than pretty, and had been quite an ungainly lump of a hatchling. "Why, he'll be handsome enough to charm a gold. Plenty of greens, too, though I'd imagine you'd prefer the former."

If Theo had thought he could get away with keeping the company of a goldrider and not be ribbed by his brother for it, he was mistaken, because Herg'r had definitely noticed, and whatever the nature of their relationship, he just had to say something. It was impossible to resist, even if he knew his brother well enough to know that the girl would be lucky if he'd so much as held her hand yet. Faranth only knew how she'd gotten him to the Weyr in the first place, since that required a certain proximity of passenger to rider.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 am
Roana and Green Ulendoth

Ulendoth jerked her head up at the sound of another voice. She had not been broadcasting for all to hear, her words had been for her mother and rider. So she was surprised to have someone listening in. Never the less she listened and returned the a blossom of affection for uncle. The discovery and introduction to new family was never to be shunned yet her answer was quite firm. I did not misspeak Uncle She might have been less than a day old but she already was quite clear in her own mind.
I did not speak to her as a weyrwomen second. I spoke to her as my mother. But she can reply as she wants.

Roana had not been party to the brief exchange but she could tell her beloved was talking to someone.

Who are you talking to now?

To uncle. He did not like the way I was talking to mother but I set him straight.
Ro almost put her head in her hands. Oh sweet Faranth. She loved, adored and cherished Ulendoth. She would never be parted from her little green for all the riches of pern, would not even be able to live without her now, but she could already see that she was going to be a handful.
Still Ulendoth plowed on, when Fianth lowered her nose the little green rubbed up against it like a happy feline. Lavishing in the attention and pulsing love back to make sure Fianth knew that there were grudges. I cried for sister too. I know you would not want more sadness so better to tell you everything, so no bad feelings can be held onto. It's no good keeping it all in the shell, no good at all, Ulendoth also had all the confidence of a child secure in their parents love and her riders, now everything was aired out it could settle again. She was also (maybe wrongly) Secure enough to push at hierarchy boundaries.

Roana eyed Olliah as she spoke, sharp enough to pick out some of the veiled meaning behind her words. Something in her longed to make a wry comment in turn but at that moment she saw a familiar pale blue hide from the corner of her eye. Her heart leapt. She quickly bowed to Olliah instead. "I'll keep that in mind. And I'll talk to Ulendoth about this." she promised before turning to Ulendoth. Speaking aloud. "We shouldn't take up to much of your mothers time, looks like she is busy enough as it is, come on."

Ulendoth might have argued, but she had also sensed the budding excitment in her rider, so instead she gave her mother one last nose boop and followed after Ro as she folded back into the crowd.

As soon as it was safe to do so Roana had picked up speed to a jog, then a run, Ulendoth hot at her heels. Yes, there! She almost flew out of the crowd to tackle the unsuspecting Nicara, twining her arms around the smaller frame and spinning her in a hug. "You came!" she laughed with pure joy, hugging her close. "I was so afraid they'd find some excuse to turn you away at the last minute." Ulendoth trumpeted ,honked and danced her approval as well, even if she didn't quite understand who this person was, happy rider, happy green.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm
R'mor & bronze Junenth
R'mor hugged Akaris tight, practically lifting the girl off her feet. The paternal side of him couldn't help but worry. While he was overjoyed that the girl had found Hers after everything she'd gone through--he regret that she was now, by all accounts, a High Reaches rider. She would receive a great education in dragonriding, yes, but she was also pegged as only a greenrider. He wouldn't be there to get to see her meet the milestones of weyrlinghood-- no first Flights, no tips for preparing to jump Between. The next time he'd see her was Faranth only knew when--especially if things went wrong.

But now wasn't a time to think of that. "There, there. She is a lovely green and High Reaches will take care of you." Even if they held different views and different ideas of how to run a Weyr, they also took extreme pride in having the best-of-the-best. "We'll still get to see you and you know Junenth will--"

And then came a crashing green.

The bronze dragon blinked when another little green whirling came skidding over, running right into him. He would have moved his head to catch her, but he was too late, and instead the little one came up all a tumble upon him. Oh dear. A hint of yellow entered his eyes, mostly out of alarm for the little hatching. Are you quite all right, little one? You took quite a tumble. So now the bronze did crane his neck to help gently push the little green back to her feet. He made sure he kept his head pressed against her, in case she needed something to hold onto to re-steady herself.

R'mor, for his part, looked just a bit amused. He released the hug he had on Akaris, but didn't quite move away. Hatchlings were certainly a handful. "Greetings, weyrling," he addressed casually, giving a small dip of his head to the girl. "Is she quite all right?" The way the green's eyes whirled seemed to at least look like she was fine. The early days of weyrlinghood could always be a bit of a learning curve.

At Samodith's rage, Junenth gave an assuring rumble, leaning down to gently and fondly nose the rather upset and angry green hatchling. The poor thing was upset--but she needn't be. There, there no, lovely one. No harm is done. A wave of assurance--hugs and greetings and meetings didn't have to stop just because another arrived.
faesinger

Mr Cheri

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:01 pm
The pun was enough to make the little green grunt to herself, but there was no way to respond to it without, in her mind, only encouraging her sister to continue. I'd noticed. She replied tersely, distracted by her search. Of course, it didn't take long until their father called out to them, and after a moment, Skerath gave Alegriath a rough, if not unkind bum with her nose. Go to him. I must see mother. Alone. Something like dancing would be much more up Alegriath's alley, surely. It was supposed to be an uplifting activity, from what she'd gathered from Hers.

Iathe immediately recognized the small, pale girl as one of High Reaches Candidates--no, Weyrlings, studying her face intently even as the other mumbled into her plate. "She didn't, actually," The girl admitted with a rueful twist of her lips. "She's an independent little thing. It's nice to meet you..." She prodded at Skerath mentally for an answer, and snorted when she received a shrug in reply. Well, that was easy enough. She extended her own hand. "I'm Iathe. You Impressed one of the whites, didn't you?"

White hatchlings... and several, to boot. That wasn't common, nor were the high number of bronze dragons between the two clutches. "I don't bite." She said dryly after a moment, unsure if her reputation proceeded her in that regard. Well, she had no doubt that they'd add to the Weyr's strength, regardless of what some of the more bigoted riders thought.

Skerath, in the meantime, carefully and determinedly scrambled up to where her great, golden mother was. Her sparkling hide was dulled, and that alone was enough to irritate the small hatchling. Her eyes whirled irritably even as she approached, craning her neck to stare up at Rhianth's face. I will never forget his face. The bronze. Venom dripped from every word. I will punish him appropriately one day, mother. It felt right, to inform her of her planned vengeance. She couldn't quite say why.

medigel

Tsunake

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out