A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[GOLD FLIGHT] Bad Moon Rising Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Thaliawen generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 13!

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm
Licerth kept going, straining himself forward. He was close, he could feel it. He couldn't give in to tired wings. Not now. He had to show his--his, with his esteem issues--that they had to try.  
Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 26!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm

45 + 3 (young) + 10 (fit) + 5 (resident) - 2 (younger rider) = 61

Strength: 15
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 14
Wits: 10

16+26=42

--

Lateth surged up, up, up into the sky, stretching his wings until they might break. Surely if he could catch them up, surely if he could meet that light that crackled and dazzled, then Vimiath would turn her gaze upon him! Vimiath, I have climbed mountains to find you. Please wait for me, he begged, although the mountains took the form of clouds in this case. He was already hot on the tail of the other Bronzes, determined to catch up and show her how great he could be.

S'dan, on the ground below and moving as quickly as he could, was infinitely less impressed with the situation. "Drat it, Lateth, it's late and it's raining, and you shaffing left me out here," he muttered to himself. Still, he could not entirely begrudge the Bronze, who wanted so badly to share his wonderful snacks with a wonderful woman. He sent out a thought for his flit, hopeful that someone might be willing to give him a ride back to the Weyr. If not, he was going to hoof it all the way back.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 20!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm
NPC Bronze Tamlienth

Strength:10
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 16
Stamina: 13
Wits: 12

13+26=29
Total 29 +20=49
(Finally teh dice play nice)

'WHo can deny you, ohh beautiful queen,' He sang and followed, pushing hard with his wings to chase her through out the sky. 'Oh, Vimiath, on this night within the storm and high into the clouds, may we be judge worthy. And give you an army of daughters and sons.' Tamlienth called out following valiantly.  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 14!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm
There was something about already being in someone else's grips that would have made it so easy to just....not continue the hunt for Talela's weyr. Yet he entertained the thought for merely a moment before Phylideth's voice roared through his head; NO. I WILL HAVE MINE AND YOU WILL HAVE YOURS. It nearly made his skull rattle and T'mor's brow knitted, still holding onto A'iel as he continued his descent down the stairwell.

"Tally's weyr is...this way.." he grumbled. If the two of them would make it there was another question.

Phylideth, on the other claw, remained transfixed on Vimiath - despite the clouds, despite the rain, and despite the lightning. She glowed - and she was magnificent. Certainly, she wouldn't be the most magnificent creature he'd ever seen (because every female to rise in succession would take that honor, truly, and first place would rotate accordingly), but in that moment, he had eyes for absolutely nobody else.

And as she sailed upwards, so did he, pushing himself up through the clouds after her with practically a shriek as the clouds parts around him - and all others who joined the lovely gold who still went ever higher. I will follow! I have eyes only for the brightest one in the sky! he bellowed, continuing to sail up after her.

---

Phylideth's Stats
Brown Dragon: +40
5 Turns: +2
Motivated: +10
Native to Western: +5
27 years old: -2
(55)

Strength: 13
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 12
Wits: 5 (he is not a wordsmith)]

Round 1: Speed + Strength - 13+11 = 24 (Rolled: 6)
Round 2:Dexterity + Wits - 14 + 5 = 19 (Rolled:7)
Round 3: Strength + Stamina - 13 + 12 = 25 (Rolled:5 )
Round 4: Speed + Dexterity - 11 + 14 = 25 (Rolled: 18 )
Round 5: Stamina + Best Stat (Dexterity) - 12 + 14 = 26 (Rolled: 14)
Total: 50

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 39 ... 38!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm
Up through inky darkness Nasath plunged, up through thunder loud enough to drown the world. Past spires so dark they might be smoke and not water, dim-lit from within by racing darts of lightning that surged so fast towards the ground that it left the air burnt and reeking of ozone in its wake. It was a beautiful hell that Vimiath had dragged them all to, saints and sinners alike, as awesome and terrible as the gold herself. And Nasath was growing tired...his wings felt so heavy, as if every gust of wind was tugging him down. He could hear his hearts pounding in his chest, his blood surging through his ears. It would be so easy now to let himself fall back, to scatter out of the darkness unseen and unjudged by the others...

...No. No, of course not! He was Nasath! He was a bronze, and he was strong, and A'iel was the best and deserved the best from him. As if to reward his renewed vigor, the clouds began to thin ahead, above. And through the screen of them he could see...her! A large dark shape that he imagined was glowing just enough to shine like a beacon through the murk to call to him! Vimiath! Vimiath I'm coming! Even through the darkest night your glory calls to me, your radiance shines like a torch, the lone light against twilight, the single most—Phylideth?! The bronze had let his eyes drift half-shut, reaching forward with his claws to snag his golden treasure as he broke the cover of the clouds into silent night above in one dramatic gesture...only to find that it was not in fact the object of his affection. Not at all! You're still here? Well...well! That's good for you! V-Vimiath...! Wait for me!!

Embarrassed but still driven, the bronze quickly ducked past the pale brown and hastened after the gold he'd mistaken him for, eyes whirling with hints of yellow for just a moment before the purple surged back to the front.

A'iel, meanwhile, could only nod and try to follow T'mor. His hand had latched onto the other man's arm, unwilling to let go now that he'd caught him found a lead to the goldrider—Tally's—weyr. In his state, T'mor could have led him out into the storm, into the pens of the weyr's herdbeasts, or down into a mine and the young rider wouldn't have noticed. His gaze was firmly fixed on his wingleader, brows drawn in unusual determination.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Nasath's Stats:
Strength: 22
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 17
Wits: 11

Round 1: Strength (22) + Speed (11). Range of 1 – 33, actual roll: 2 (Nasath pls)
Round 2: Dexterity (7) + Wits (11). Range of 1 – 18, actual roll: 8 (better!)
Round 3: Strength (22) + Stamina (17). Range of 1 – 39, actual roll: 2 (FML)
Round 4: Speed (11) + Dexterity (7). Range of 1 – 18, actual roll: 10 (best roll yet!)
Round 5: Stamina (17) + Strength (22). Range of 1 – 39, actual roll: 38 (FINALLY)

Total score: 60  
The_Muffin_Puppy generated a random number between 1 and 44 ... 32!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm
NPC Bronze Blundarth and K'tor

It was only Blundarth's devotion that kept him flying. His wings burned, his chest ached, this limbs were numb. Ever logical part, ever fibre of self-preservation demanded his retreat. Still he couldn't dare. Would not even entertain the thought. His hearts bested his mind and body. Vimiath summoned him, and there was nothing else he could do. Blood alive with the fury of the sky and hearts calling out for the wondrous soul that led them in this wild chase. The force of the storm crowded close to him, close enough to smother. Were he not already lost to Vimiath, Blundarth may have had chance to worry that the clouds were intent on chocking the life out of him. There was no room for fear however, not with the beautiful golden form of Vimiath in his mind. Not while he heard for call from above the clouds.

Blundarth hurtled out into the open air and for a split second everything went still. The dragon was certain that for one perfect moment, his hearts stopped at the sight of Vimiath, framed by the dark night sky, the shine of her hide mingling with the pale light of the moon. She almost didn't look real. Had the storm claimed him and this was some torturous dream? Although it felt like they were the only two in the sky, Blundarth knew that was not the truth.

Vimiath called to them and once more led them into the sky. She would lead them to the very stars themselves. Among the shining stars was where one as beautiful as Vimiath belonged. Blundarth surged after her, sensing that her choice would be made soon. He let out a mighty bellow as he called to her. Vimiath, no one compares to you. I fear this is a dream, but I could never imagine something as magnificent as you. If this was a dream, Blundarth hoped that he would never wake up. He hoped to forever fly with this manifestation of beauty. Among the peaceful night sky and through the ferocious storm. There was nothing more a dragon could ever hope for. Let me stay by your side, Vimiath. Nothing could ever make my hearts beat faster than to follow where you lead. He was so irrevocably besotted.

-------------------------------------

Strength: 17
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 22
Wits: 4

Round one: Strength (17) + Speed (12) = 29 ¦ Actual roll: 14
Round two: Dexterity (10) + Wits (4) = 14 ¦ Actual roll: 9
Round three: Strength (17) + Stamina (22) = 39 ¦ Actual roll: 31
Round four: Speed (12) + Dexterity (10) = 22 ¦ Actual roll: 5
Round five: Stamina (22) + Best stat/ stamina (22) = 44 ¦ 32

Total: 91  

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
~Kiana_Nala~ generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 22!

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm
Ah'i and Brown Honath

As Honath rose higher through the dark clouds and pressuring storm he found himself getting closer and closer to the front of the suitors to Vimiath but there were still other's ahead of him. He pushed harder, ignoring the strain his wings gave after hitting the wall earlier and from pushing so hard through the chaotic wind to reach the gold. He felt a swell of pride and excitement fill his hearts, unaware if it was his own or a mix of him and his lifemate. Ah'i whispered in his mind that he was so proud of him, regardless of the outcome and that there would be a bounty waiting for him tomorrow. The love his rider sent to him made his heart fill further. For once, the doubt and grim thoughts, feelings and words were left behind and he reveled in this feeling.

Yes, my sweet Vimiath. I will rise higher and faster for you. He called to the gold as he did just as he promised. Losing was not an option at this point. He just needed to push harder.

◌◌◌◌◌◌
About Honath
Pros: Resourceful, Dutiful, Trustworthy
Cons: Possessive, Grim, Questioning

About Ah’i
Pros: Protective, Witty, Mediator (peace-maker)
Cons: Risk-taker, Libidinous (self-indulgent), Shortsighted

Honath’s Stats:
Brown Dragon: +40
Less than 5 turns: +3
Fit/motivated: +10
Western Weyr resident: +5
Rider age under 30 (23): -2
Total: 56pts

Strength: 10
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 11
Wits:11

Round 1: 10 + 17 = 27 | Total: 8
Round 2: 10 + 11 = 21 | Total: 5
Round 3: 10 + 11 = 21 | Total: 15
Round 4: 17 + 10 = 27 | Total: 20
Final Round: 17 + 11 = 28 | Total: 22

Overall: 70

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 11!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm
This was it! The last push, the last stretch of the race! Atalith surged forward as best as he could but his wing joints ached as did the rest of him. He did his best to keep up, flying towards the star filled sky with Belior looming large above them. There were no more words he could come up with now, his mind was fully upon catching the beautiful gold before him.

Rubbing his shoulders from the aching he shared with Atalith, R'tansky went back to the shelter of his camp. He would wait it out here whatever happened. He did not know if Atalith was thinking of the long run, or was this his way of trying to get his rider back into a weyr? That was not something he wanted and the thought made him sick, he had gotten so use to being alone and surviving on his own with just Atalith beside him.

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—

Atalith's Stats
Strength: 12
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 11
Stamina: 12
Wits: 13

Stam + Spd(Best Stat)
12 + 17 = 29

First Round: 12
Second Round: 9
Third Round: 6
Fourth Round: 25
Fifth Round: 11

Total: 63  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Nilah44 generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 19!

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm
Finally, finally they broke through the clouds and we're above the storm. How wonderful Keahith felt in doing so, and how beautiful Vimiath looked. <Vimiath, I was wrong in my earlier statement. This is where you belong, with the moonlight on your hide, a star among stars!! >

Stamina + Dexterity
14 + 14 = 28 roll || Actual roll = 19

Round 1: 12
Round 2: 8
Round 3: 11
Round 4: 21
Round 5: 19

Total = 71

Strength: 8
Stamina: 14
Wits: 10

Base points for brown: 40pts
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- A Western Weyr resident: +5pts
- Rider under age 30: -2pts
Total: 58 points

About Keahith
Positive Traits:
Goal-oriented, Polite,
Negative Traits:
Picky, Moody,

About Nedrima
Positive traits:
Caring, Loyal, Curious
Negative Traits:
Distracted, Hesitant

TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 34!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Ah, here. Here was where he could excel. His wings thrust him upwards through the clouds, following the tail of her beautiful golden hide. His wings spread wider still as she began to climb, following her with a fervor, and need, Ah, while the storm did you justice, this beauty steals all but the sense from me. You climb so high, lit only by the light of the heavens, and I will eternally follow. She was so lovely, and his wings carried up high and fast. Climbing was, after all, a strength of the Bronze's, something he prided himself on, Dearest Vimiath, if you will have me, the rain on our hides and the storm in the air will only serve to make this night more fair. He pointedly ignored the sound of his lifemate swearing at him, only rumbling a laugh at H'ral's discomfort.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H'ral and Bronze Sigurath

Sigurath's Stats:

Strength: 20
Speed: 16
Dexterity: 6
Stamina: 15
Wits: 12

Round 1: 13
Round 2: 7 (Halved)
Round 3: 27
Round 4: 6
Round 5:
15+20=35
Total: 34

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 19!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:07 pm
NPC R'lon and brown Hiatanth

Hiatanth followed Vimiath, roaring once more. The strain on his wing was ignored, and his purple eyes were only for the gold. The wind, the rain, the thunder, the lightning -- it would not stop him from catching the golden beauty. He would have her. He would win her. He was a powerful brown, and surely, this queen could see his strength and bravery. Would he not make a good mate?

Vimiath! The moon pales in comparison to your beauty! The stars are envious of your metallic, shimmering, hide! Surely, only the bravest, strongest, and boldest, is worth your time! Your Hiatanth will follow you to any heights!

Higher, and higher, he kept his eyes only on Vimiath.

~ ~ ~ ~
About Hiatanth:
Positive: Confident, Affectionate, Charming
Negative: Arrogant, Vengeful, Proud

About R'lon, 38 Turns Old:
Positive: Patient, Hardworking, Passionate
Negative: Flirtatious, Self-Indulgent, Lascivious

Strength: 15
Speed: 13
Wits: 8

Round 1: Strength (15) + Speed (13) = 28 / 25
Round 2: Dexterity (14) + Wits ( 8 ) = 22 / 18
Round 3: Strength (15) + Stamina (15) = 30 / 4
Round 4: Speed (13) + Dexterity (14) = 27 / 22
Round 5: Stamina (15) + Strength (15) = 30 / 19

Total: 88

DruidTigeress generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 10!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:49 pm
D'zek nodded, taking the towel gratefully as he chuckled a little at the pun. "It is." he agreed, running the towel over his dripping hair. "It's gorgeous." he muttered, more to himself this time, as Jageth finally broke through the storm, where the soft light of the moon illuminated the blanket of clouds below.

Jageth was somewhat less impressed by the view than his rider. He preferred the storm... You have guided us through the tempest, my queen. Allow me to guide you on the way down. he said to Vimiath.

D'zek smiled at the newcomer and nodded. Fortunately, Jageth was too focused on the gold to pay much attention to his fellow chasers, though he knew that anger and resentment would come later. "You've got that right." Really, what a time to start a flight. But she sure got their attention!

Final score: 53  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
DarkHikari generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 29!

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm
H'ner and Bronze Thath

Thath breached the clouds with an angry shriek. He may not have been the fastest or the strongest, but he would fly until he dropped when it came to his glittering prizes. How dare these others chase what was his, covet what was meant to belong to him and him alone. He chased her into the stars, focused only her as they went. He would catch her. Through sheer tenacity alone if he must. He would be tailing her long after the others had dropped from exhaustion.

H'ner finally stumbled into Tally's weyr drenched, and looked around sheepishly at the lack of people. He nodded cordially to D'zek, struggling to swallow back the overflowing rage from Thath. "What a way to start the morning, eh?"

Thath's Stats
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 11

Round 1: 1 / 26 (14+12)
Round 2: 9 / 24 (13+11) [Halved to a 4.5]
Round 3: 5 / 29 (14+15)
Round 4: 6 / 25 (12+13)
Round 5: 29 / 30 (15+15)

Total Score: 45.5

Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 46 ... 36!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 pm
For a moment, Vimiath vanished from Kraketh's sight. He let out a warble, before he heard her haunting call. As he burst through the clouds into the sky, he let out his own call, nearly a howl, as his wings beat in strong swoops. Shifting, he circled for the barest of moments, then powered on after Vimiath. If it means following you, I will fly to our joint doom! He gave another roar, challenging the storm below and the moons and stars above.

--

Kraketh's Stats:
Strength: 12
Speed: 5
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 23
Wits: 15
Total points:
Round 1: 1
Round 2: 22
Round 3: 22
Round 4: 9
Round 5: 36  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Teiha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:00 pm
Okay, my lovelies, here are the top two scores:
Bronze Blundarth: 14+9+31+5+32= 91
Bronze Kraketh: 1+22+22+9+36= 90

And the Dark Horse Is...

...why did this have to become a hard decision? Blundarth was my no-brainer choice but he did so amazingly well and got the TOP score. XDDD Blundarth of our heart ’s!

And the Dark Horse Is...

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAPHYLIDETH

This literally came down to a dice roll between him and Nasath. I really wanted to give both of them a real shot at catching a queen. Vimiath also greatly enjoyed the lovely things they said to her, and we were both amused by their personal rivalry. I regret that we will most certainly not have the pleasure of A’iel standing awkwardly next to Talela during the touching, painfully aware of the lulzy wildfire of rumors surrounding them in regards to post-flight shenanigans, but alas, there can be but one Dark Horse, and one daddy dragon!

Special mention goes to Licerth, for his odds-bending ability to match Vimiath’s score!

The flight winner will be rolled from these three in my next post, coming up shortly!

1. Blundarth
2. Kraketh
3. Phylideth

Final scores, for posterity:

Vimiath: 24+10+14+19+18= 85

Vimiath’s Hoard of Handsome Suitors
(Scores as of Round 5)

Bronze Tamlienth: 5+6+8+10+20= 49
Brown Phylideth: 6+7+5+18+14= 50
Bronze Atalith: 12+9+6+25+11= 63
Bronze Eorawth: 1+3+6= 10 (Withdrawn)
Brown Honath: 8+5+16+20+22= 71
Bronze Jageth: 5+18+9+11+1= 53
Bronze Nasath: 2+8+2+10+38= 60
Bronze Kraketh: 1+22+22+9+36= 90
Brown Ivanhoth: 3+9+14+26+7= 59
Brown Licerth: 20+12+16+24+13= 85
Bronze Sigurath: 13+3.5+27+6+34= 83.5
Brown Keahith 12+8+11+21+19= 71
Bronze Thath: 1+4.5+5+6+29= 45.5
Bronze Aratasth: 5+13+2+6+18= 44
Bronze Blundarth: 14+9+31+5+32= 91
Brown Hiatanth: 25+18+4+22+19= 88 (Ineligible)
Bronze Lateth: 16+26= 42

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces