Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] The Hlare's Call (Feb-Mar 2017) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:21 pm
Wimbi spotted something, not far from the pair of them and perhaps of some use. "Look over there Yawo." She said and with the encouragement blue eyes peered in the direction suggested. There she spied a whole hoard of starfish and by that she meant three. "Perfect! Good job Wimbi." The lioness gave a warm smile and moved along towards the spot where they had located some more starfish. As she moved she caught sight of a rather enthusiastic cub and a couple of adults - if she recognized their form correctly they'd be from the neighboring pride, how wonderful to see so many faces.

"Do you think they are form the Kizi?" Wimbi asked out loud to Yawo. "Yes I do believe so." The pale lioness readily responded while scooping up the starfish. "Can you give me a hand putting these away" She asked abruptly, getting a tad frustrated with the bag this entire time. The bird didn't hesitate when the request was made and with a hop, flap, and scoot she was on the ground near the bag and scooping up the rest of the starfish. "Here." She mumbled through the starfish clutched in her beak. "Thank you." Yawo said and opened the bag up so that Wimbi could drop them in.

"No problem Yawo, how are you feeling?" She asked her companion - keeping a close eye on the lioness' mood.

----------

His warm words lit up her heart - it was always so lovely to meet family and even better to hear they had become so kind. These moments made a family name that much better - of course there was no particular name, but she was sure many individuals paid attention to the royal family line. "Oh?" She inquired lightly. "Is there anything the matter?" Kukesha asked and turned her attentions towards her nephew.

Soon her attentions were brought back to the curious cub. "I'm a healer of the pride, I help those in need when they are injured or feeling under the weather." She smiled broadly, perhaps this little one would grow to become a healer? If she influenced that even a little bit she'd be incredibly proud, but this little meeting wouldn't do much in that way.

"You're probably right Asker, I doubt they'd spill." She nodded along with her response. If only she could convince the pride otherwise, convince them to tell her their secrets and yet she knew the answer would be no. So really it wasn't worth a try.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 am
"That which we do here, is of no concern to drug addicts," Tethys replied smoothly as he swept passed Asker and Kukesha. They may not have anticipated that they would be overheard, but eventually the Captain had taken it upon himself to start helping out with the search. It was all well and good to delegate among his Reavers, but it also made sense for him to do some of the work as well.

With a small number of Hlare bussing the found materials back to their compound, there was no reason for him to oversee it. Additionally, the King had already settled on remaining near the compound as he was at a reasonably good vantage point to see a number of his family, a large portion of which were young and rather hellish offspring. At least from his vantage point he might be able to intervene if the cubs became too chaotic.

"Fortunately the Kizingo'zaa are as useful to us as a crippled Reaver," he raised a brow as he regarded the pair, the lioness of which he already knew wasn't all there. "So we won't be making use of your lands," he reassured them as he continued to walk towards his destination. Evidently he wasn't feeling terribly diplomatic towards them, but he had already been briefed by the Bahari'mtoto king regarding one of their 'discoveries' and had been keen to warn his own Reavers off participating in the Bahari neighbour's new found drug habit.

The Stormborn might have liked their brew, but not at the cost of their sanity.

What was clear however, was that neither Kizi would be privy to any information from his kind, and whether the Bahari decided to involve their neighbours, remained to be seen...

Abominable Greenie

AstoriaFallen

Dione could do nothing more than clear her throat as Kluna's usual diplomacy came to light. Before the High Priestess could stop herself, her standard clipped responses had left her lips and Dione had followed them to observe the reaction of the lion nearby. She was curious as to how he would respond, some would shy away, others would snap back, and then there would be others who reacted in a manner that none would have predicted. She had to wonder what his response might be...

"I don't dispute that he has," Peregrine responded smoothly, refraining from moving from where he lay. He knew who they both were, he knew that the darker one was more standoffish. The pride did talk after all, and he wasn't deaf. He'd picked up a thing or two as he listened to others converse about their guests and their mannerisms. "However that does not mean that the assistance of all of us is required," he pointed out. "If it had been required he would have made that abundantly clear," he added. He'd lived on these shores for long enough to know how their King operated, and as a consequence he kept his cool despite the high priestess's grilling.

"One might be so inclined to point out that both of you are able enough lionesses; you will only require my assistance if you are unable to carry all of your salvage," he gazed pointedly towards Kluna. She was no weakling and she would know that he was aware of this, more interestingly, he wasn't a Reaver that she could pull rank on either!

Abominable Greenie

The brothers had actively applauded Yukio's enthusiasm as she had leapt into the mud and set to work. It wasn't long before she was just as filthy as they were, and she had no doubt left several of the Pombuka despairing at the state of her. She was one of the brothers now, she was part of the unit, she was in the club... she was special. To say that their disgruntled expressions soon disappeared was an understatement, in a single flourish both Shui and Huo had adopted impish grins of delight. Now this was how you were supposed to play!

It was for this reason that Shui obediently allowed himself to be tugged and moved about as she began to 'dress' him up. Admittedly, the results made him look like something more disturbing than cute. Now he wasn't just covered in mud, but he appeared to be smiling like a lunatic out of any cub's nightmare. Ah, but technically this would make him a lot like the Vikings right? All fiercesome and scary...

"I want a frown," Huo ordered, evidently going for the other 'vibe'that the Vikings gave off. In short, while Shui had gone for the 'crazed' stories, Huo was gunning straight for the angry and growly stories. This was what the Vikings were to him anyway, big tough nuts with wrinkled noses because they always seemed to have a really sore head. "A really big one!" he added and threw out his paws enthusiastically.

"We gotta look super scary to show Team Cap we mean business," Shui agreed.

"Real scary," Huo confirmed.

Pollack

Ram: 4 | Tethys: 5 | Huo: 7 | Shui: 7 | Dione: 7 | Solomon: 6 | Peregrine: 2

Epine de Rose

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 2!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:00 am

She could already hear her aunt's tired groan as she came back towards them. Though she had been keeping herself content idly puttering around, keeping a close ear out for the trio; the overwhelming smell of fresh mud coming from Yukio caught her attention in an instant. A quiet "Oh no" could be heard from her if one listened closely.

Ohhh gods above. There would be many, many baths in Yukio's future once they got home.

Yukio raised an eyebrow at Huo's curious request for a frown. Well...she wasn't really intending on keeping the smile visible. Her original plan was to cover his face in paint like hers already was...But, a'ight. She could work with a frown, she just needed to think up an design that would work with it.

No pressure at all, clearly.

"Close your eyes." Was the order she gave before she smeared blue over Shui's eyelids giving him the appearance that his eyes were more sunken in than they actually were. It also had unexpected results of making him look like a raccoon but it was terrifying to her, darn it! She repeated the same process with his other eye. Pulling back she let out a tiny hum as she tilted his head back and forth, studying and mapping out his face. Being the Guinea pig to an artist certainly meant getting use to being man handled frequently. Thankfully Shui was patient with her as she went through the process of mentally designing his grand war mask.

Decisions, decisions. So many ways to got about this. She had to be careful to balance out the scariness without making his face just one big blob of blue. (Or well more blue than it already was)

Well, spiders were scary right?! Everyone hated spiders! Sooo perhaps... Tipping one of her larger toes into her paint she carefully painted onto Shui's forehead a spider's web with little dots booping down his nose. Ohhh! Yes, perfect. It was a wonderful starting off point!

Now what else was scary to everyone? Hmmm. Spikes! Ohhh yes lots of sharp thingies to strike unrelenting fear into the hearts of even the coldest viking! She accentuated the circles around his eyes with little spikes. As well as a few classic tiger-like stripes onto his forehead and cheeks.

The last thing - and probably the most important thing - she added were fangs to the smile she had previously painted on as a joke. They took the terrifying grin to a even scarier level than before!

Stepping back she admired her work. Now he certainly looked like a barbaric warlord! Huh, though she wasn't aiming for it if one squinted the designed almost mimicked that of a painted on skull. Well, the twins would be happy at least! If that didn't send shivers down the Stormborn's spines she just didn't know what would.

Circling around Yukio added the finishing touches with Team Surf's unofficial-official butt symbol to match the wave design already on her thigh.

"Perfect! Now you're all set. Don't move why you let it set or it'll crack and look horrid." With a wave of her paw she dismissed him from her parlor, moving on to man handle Huo why she painted the matched design on him. With the only difference being for this muses' request for a dark frown rather than another toothy smile. So, she delivered. But aside from the mouth changes the twins looked like how they always looked: Identical cept with minor details changed!

Though now that they were all finished she couldn't help herself why sitting back admiring with a paw on her cheek, a stupidly proud grin on her face. They...almost were like those strange masks she'd seen some lions where in dramatic plays. One sadness, one happiness. And her?

Well she was the true neutral, of course! Every good play needed a middle ground to play devil's advocate and add to the drama! She added a little ' =I' face to her chest to represent her role. She would have done it on her face as well but seeing how her fact was already 90% cover with blue it wouldn't make much differences.

"Alright so we all look the part now!" Taking a deep breath she got herself into character. Raising herself straight onto her hind legs she gave them a mini salute. She was at least trying to act like how she had seen the guards from both factions address their leaders. Though, like always, she was going over the top with it. "Orders, Captains!?"

Total posts for Ume: 4 I Yukio: 8 I Kaluwa: 4

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 am
Epine de Rose

Abominable Greenie

They knew nothing. Asker remained calm as he looked at Tethys with steady eyes. Alliances had been made between the Kizi and the Bahari, but not the Kizi and the Stormborn, so if they ended up doing stuff that could have adverse affects who knew the troubles it would cause in the future. They knew nothing of their customs or how the pride used to be so he didn't blame the males ignorance.

He decided to ignore the male all together, though Nkan seemed to not understand the situation much. "Maybe we don't want you there." He called out standing tall and Asker grabbed the cub with his paw and pulled him back towards him. "What?! He's being mean." He said looking up at his uncle.

He looked over towards his great aunt and gave her a warm glance with his eyes. He knew there were some that were being brought back into the fold with the events in their lands currently and that made him happy. They were showing signs of life within their spirits and he didn't care what others outside their boarders thought. "He's just an outsider Nkan, he knows nothing." He said to the cub and ushered him along to find other trinkets, he also meant the words for Kukesha's ears as well.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:00 pm
The three of them looked rather hilarious trudging back to the leader of Team Surf draped in all of their findings. The starfish had been 'netted' amongst a tangle of black-purple seaweed that swung like a sack from Dagr's jaws - rendering the red and black lion silent for the time-being. Occasionally a sea creature would escape from it's prison and Kari would dive in to scoop it back up and return it to its rightful place. His shoulders and back were draped in knotted, nobbly herbal root that sometimes tangled his front legs and had him tripping up - though thankfully not so badly that he fell on his face.

Xochipepe had more of the root slung across her shoulders which she had tethered there with her teeth - head bent at a slightly odd angle for fear of dropping it. Still, despite their burden she had a rather distinct skip in her step.

When the brothers closed in beside her they could even hear her humming a merry little tune to herself that came to an abrupt halt when she spotted something just off to their right.

She practically spat out the root as she turned to the curly-maned brothers and waved a paw off in the direction, "more root!!"

"We can't carry anymore," Kari replied hesitantly.

"Nonsense. Do we want to win this or not? Where there's a will there's a way. Come on. I'm not going to have you quitting on me. Load me up! I'll carry it!"

...and so when the three of them arrived back to base they would likely be attracting a lot of attention. The competition had, if nothing else, awoken a fiercely competitive side in Xochipepe who scowled at anyone who dared to come close.

She opened her jaws to let the herbs fall to the ground and grinned across at Ram -- but it was Dagr who declared their spoils.

"These are our findings, Sir."

Epine de Rose
findings: 10,4,1,1010

Otho began to follow Solomon out towards the sea, his head awhirl with all that he had learned so far. Gods who had normal-looking children. A place where they frequented in peace. A place they felt relaxed and possibly even let their guard down.

He gave the pair of goddesses a sidelong glance and a smile, "I can carry, at least. Lead the way, Solomon and let's see what we can find." In truth he wasn't going to really actively search. He'd paddle the shallows and contemplate whilst trying to learn all he could.

"I often thought that the gods and goddesses masked themselves from mortals and yet, here, they apparently do not." He cast a glance across at Solomon and asked, "what is it like? Having an immortal's blood in your veins? Do you feel...different for it?"

Epine de Rose

Abominable Greenie

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Areo was quite familiar with the bahari but it had been a while since he had found himself upon their shores. He'd likely go to the kizi next and visit his sister there after spending some time here. When he walked up to the lingering crowd his face fell upon asker with a few he didn't quite know. "Hey!" He called out, "What's going on?"

Nkan of course was excited to answer, "we're collecting things!" He said proudly displaying his items before the purple and orange lion.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:00 am
"I wish I could say I was sorry, but I'm not." She muttered to Dione, her tone remaining snippy, though it was clearly not directed at her pale companion. She was simply having a hard time understanding how a lion could be so nonchalant about lazing about when a leader called upon the prides members to assist. Though he did have a point and as much as it killed her to agree, she had to. "Well.." She started, gritting her teeth a touch. "It'd be awfully kind of you to help us carry an item or two while we searched." Kluna emphasized the word kind as best she could and with a pained grin.

That was the best she could, adjusting herself to meet the calm and cool personalities of these beaches was likely the hardest thing she'd had to do in her life - a challenge was a challenge though and she couldn't turn her back on that. Of course we're able bodied. Her eyes narrowed as she thought about the way he'd worded that, any other lioness would likely have been thrilled and considered it a compliment - Kluna was having a hard time feeling good about what he had just said though.

"Would you help us?" Her jaw was becoming sore with all of the tension she had built up trying to be a little nicer with her words - it was clear her attitude wasn't going to get her very far here.. she'd have to take lessons from her own apprentice eventually so she could learn to cope with all of this.

----------

Bewildered, was precisely how both mother and daughter felt as Solomon continued to explain his heritage to the group. "Absolutely incredible." Blasaz responded, though it appeared she took the words right out Krisis' mouth as she spied her daughters mouth close slowly as though she had been prepared to speak. "Plants, eh?" Blasaz continued, leaving her daughter in the dust in terms of speaking.

"I'd surely like to meet her, does she live around here as well?" The goddess took a moment to adjust the ribbon about her stomach a tad as some sand had found it's way beneath it and had become uncomfortable. "If anything I'd like to pass along about how much of a gentleman you are." A smile broke on her face and she glanced towards Krisis who was cringing at the words before they even seemed to leave her mothers mouth - how embarrassing was the obvious emotion radiating from the green goddess who made a point of looking away to the oceans again.

The attitude faded a small amount as Krisis smiled, for the first time in a while (or so it felt) and actually gave a laugh to his comment. "The truth hurts." She mused at his suggestion about their 'team' - they really were having a terrible go at finding some kind of contribution. The green goddess fell silent again though, much to Blasazs dismay - she had hoped that the laughter might mean for better company, the chances were slim. "Gods and goddesses alike certainly have the option to mask themselves, rather than portraying their true images. I just have never seen the point, though I've been fortunate in who I've chosen to live amongst." She gathered that a mortal form was likely a better choice for strangers - as she had used previously for Tethys, though she was very poor at hiding her true nature (which she gathered had happened with Tethys as it seemed he'd recognized her, ah well). Then her curiosity blossomed at the question posed by Otho.

"I'd also like to know that, do you feel different?" Blasaz inquired.

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

A new and yet familiar voice entered her ears and caused her to rotate in her spot so that she could get a better view of the male she knew to own that particular voice. "Tethys." She said, regarding him, though he hadn't even begun the greeting with a greeting - how rude. "You ought to at least use your manners, I know they're likely buried, but dig them up - you brute." Oh how Kukesha wished she had stayed with her plants, they were charming, warm, and much friendlier than the lions whom had entered the Bahari lands to steal away materials. For the sake of Nkan she intended to continue to have fun.

"Now Nkan, you need to respect your elders and in the same token learn to ignore a bully." She immediately went into an educational tone, stepping on Askers toes a small amount, but she was also Askers elder. "So don't pay any mind to the pale lion and continue to find your starfish, you're so good at that!" She ended on a positive note and patted to cubs rump to encourage him along.

"Tethys, there was no need to do that in front of the cub." She stated - her tones were clear and concise, it was quite obvious her mind was just as clear. The muse had faded and she found herself in a slightly darker mood because of it - of course he was simply passing by so she wasn't sure to expect as an outcome from her words, likely no outcome at all.

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

The raven flew about now, spying at who else was around and catching sight of some more fluffbutt lions that obviously were descendants of the Bahari she'd come to accustomed to seeing. When she was satisfied she returned to her companion, landing upon her back, just in time for Yawo to give another small and pathetic cough. "Are you sure you wouldn't want to take a break?" The raven squawked at her, Wimbis tone had changed from mild concern to a much stronger tone that suggested her next step was to force the lioness home (however she could manage it).

"Wimbi, for the last time, I'm fine." Yawo found herself yawning as she spoke though and caused a her companion to look very unconvinced. "A few more starfish.." The pale lioness stated in a half promise to the bird. Wimbi simply waved away the promise with a quick opening of a wing. The chances of them leaving were likely slim to none and she knew it as much as it made her mind hurt. "Look over there, who are they?" It seemed a group was arriving late, based on some of the attire Yawo could only guess that they had to be part of the Stormborn - more of Tethys' group.

Yes, she was aware of the pale male that had swooped into the pride with permission from their King and taken charge (sort of) by storm in the most respectful way. It was all a shock to see so many new faces and the to be doing some work with them? That portion was still odd to the Hlare.

----------

Zjarri`fol had entered the scene much later than she had anticipated, but with news of Sabia`deimos falling pregnant they had been a touch delayed, much to the dismay of the couple she had brought along during this trip. She had been determined to make time for their own cubs to understand why their parents were to be going away and provide reassurance that they'd been seen again soon enough. Leaving them was likely the hardest thing Zjarri could have done, but she knew this adventure would be for the best, build a strong name for her young family and create a path for them to follow.

"Are you coming?" She beckoned Sabia along, though the crimson lioness didn't need much encouragement to follow along. She hadn't need much at all when it came to finding a new place to test limits (especially for testing limits) and here would be no different, though as usual she played only at the distance of her leash to Zjarri. "Yes, yes.." Sabia muttered. "Oh look, there's your pale master." The crimson lioness' golden eyes landed upon the Captain that had brought all of this together. Truth be told Zjarri couldn't recall if this were their first plan of action (being that if all of the bands were to follow along with Tethys at this point in time) but curiosity had grabbed ahold of her and she headed off without her band in tow for the most part.

"Do you think I'm blind Sabia?" Pink eyes narrowed and rolled in their sockets to look at her companion with slight disgust. "You stating the obvious is unbecoming." Finally her pink eyes moved on from their crimson target to look over the individuals that were on the beaches at that time - what had been the plan with all of this, she was sure that part would come soon.

Epine de Rose
My memory is garbo, this you know (that rhymed) - I can't recall if the other bands or other members should be here, so if anything I'll write them off as having tagged along with Tethys in general dependent if they get some kind of response or not at some point etc etc etc

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.(She's an adol in this rp, too lazy to get the image)

Nkan looked towards her and wondered how she could be so calm after he had been a big bully, but it has became clear that she knew him already.

Asker bit his tongue as it would seem they were familiar with one another. Still, with the cub present he should watch himself. Youngsters were impressionable. "Hello Areo." He said as his gaze fell upon the familiar pridelander who had been there a handful of times before.

"Nkan is correct, we are gathering items for the Hlare and their unsavory friends." He gave Tethys a look. "I wasn't aware you knew one another."

Areo was familiar with the Vikings, he had a run in with a particular black female not too long ago. He wondered what happened with that. He hadn't thought about it since. "Oh, I'm well aware who their friends are, well not personally. I bested one of their females once." He said with a light laugh as he watched Nkan. "He yours?" He asked curiously.

"That would be Sugar Rushes son." He said with a nod of his head.

Valka padded alongside the group, her tail flicking behind her. As she moved. This place had salt heavy in the air and she wasn't familiar with any of these faces, name the few storm born that lingered. Her eyes saw the bright orange and purple male near Tethys. "Do we know him?" His markings were eerily familiar. Perhaps a relation?

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 am
Did he feel different? Solomon gave a few moments of consideration to this question, though as he strode towards he rock pools he could safely say that he didn't, not really anyway. Perhaps it was the manner in which he had been raised or the environment he now lived in, but his heritage had been something he could largely ignore for the most part. The fact that his mother was Divine was largely lost on him, although it seemed to get lost on everyone once they were accustomed to her antics.

"I suppose it depends on the circumstances," he said finally as he regarded both Othos and the pair of lionesses. "Generally there's nothing different, there are only brief moments when one might consider it strange," he paused and flicked his ears back, developing a slight squint as he tried to convey his own thoughts. "Every now and then I might get flashes, strange pictures in my head that lead me to resources but beyond that...Nothing." he shrugged.

"It might be different for those who come from other divine bloodlines, so I certainly can't speak for them all," he added. "I can't guarantee that the pictures I have are as benign for everyone else, or on the same subject matter," he pointed out. He was, at this point, prepared to lapse in to silence, but no sooner had he drifted in to that silence than he heard the familiar, high pitched squeal, from above. At first there was nothing aboveh im, no shadows, nothing that would provide him with warning of the direction in which their visitor was set to arrive... But that had never really been how she functioned anyway.

It wasn't until the pristine, white rabbit, had landed on his nose that he finally spoke again.

"Mother," he acknowledged. "Your timing is impeccable as always," he noted.

"Hello darling," the musical voice sang from the furry creature as it slid from the white lion's nose and plopped on to the ground. A wiggle, and what was once a rabbit soon became a petite goddess, all things considered her decision to adopt the rabbit as her mortal form was appropriate given her small stature. "Isn't this a wonderful party?" she asked merrily and padded round to properly regard the trio who were with her eldest son.

"Hello!" she called.

Kimaria
Additional tag to come from Ram lol.

Abominable Greenie

Peregrine regarded the priestess steadily, the paler lioness had now lapsed in to silence and it seemed this one was struggling to maintain her composure. Had she been expecting him to respond in a different way, or was she only capable of responding in a way that most likely suited her own home? He could only assume that she was accustomed to barking orders, her abrasive manner and very clear struggle to maintain her polite facade made that abundantly clear.

"You appear to be in pain," he said finally and shook his head, deliberately choosing not to confirm whether or not he intended to help at this precise moment in time. "You should not force yourself to bare your teeth under such strain, it will only serve to make you look maniacal," he pointed out. Was he insulting her? It was unlikely, but his demeanour seemed to indicate that he was the epitome of blunt. It seemed that if she were to speak to him so plainly, then he would respond in kind.

"As stated before, if you are unable to carry all you find on your own backs," he glanced pointedly between the pair of lionesses. "Then I will help; but do not assume that your fairer sex entitles you to automatic assistance," he finished and motioned for them to continue about their business as they had been previously.

...Unsurprisingly, even Dione was a tad speechless.

Abominable Greenie

Tethys's response to the Kizingo that had gathered into the safety of their own group was a short one, it wasn't made in a malicious tone but it was certainly matter-of-fact. When it came to the Stormborn, they didn't really seem to feel the need to spare anyone's feelings regardless of how diplomatic they may or may not be...

"If he decides to walk your path, then it's something he's going to have to get used to," he stated bluntly to Kukesha before smirking at Asker. "And if we do decide your nation has use, it won't be you who we will be negotiating with," he pointed out. "Your opinion is irrelevant," he finished and continued on his way. If anything, it would be an educational lesson for the cub at least - the Bahari might be their friends but the Stormborn needed to be regarded with a little more caution.

It wasn't long before the white lion had wandered far enough away to be out of ear shot though, and they would be free to say whatever they wanted without fear of reprisal!

Instead it appeared his direction had been set towards the jungles to avoid having to pick up quite so many starfish. The result, was that he was heading straight towards Yawo, she'd be getting company whether she wanted it or not!

Abominable Greenie

AstoriaFallen

To say that Ram was astonished was an understatement...

He had anticipated that they would be deliveirng items, but he hadn't quite anticipated that they would attempt to deliver them all at once. It took the greater part of his self control not to laugh as he saw the state of both Bahari males and their very enthusiastic Stormborn companion. They had certainly brought in a large haul, even if it had been at the expense of their own dignity. Still, he wasn't about to dissuade them from their hunt, especially when the Hlare beside him were clearly overjoyed by the arrival of their goods.

"You have my gratitude," he said to the trio, nodding to each in turn with a smile.

He glanced back towards the Hlare who were eventually removing the burdens from the trio, some being placed in to piles while others were dragged off immediately. The starfish had already been carted off towards the compound to be preserved due to their fragility.

"Perhaps you would like to take a short rest before you attempt to continue with your hunt?" he offered and shook his head. "If you continue as you are, you might end up a little more tired than you truly need to be," he said with a chuckle.

Kimaria

The pair of cubs stayed perfectly still as instructed, but if she had aimed for them to remain that way for any longer than a minute or two, she was sorely disappointed. Suffice it to say tat in their books, sixty seconds was more than enough time for anything to set. No sooner had they decided this than they had both let out a dramatic war cry. Huo was the first to barrel off in to the forest, leaving a trail on mud behind him, and to some extent, some paint.

It would be safe to assume that all the mud and paint was going to crack and warp just as she had warned them.

Shui wasn't far behind, though as he barrelled after his brother he gave Yukio a serious of gentle smacks as if to encourage her to run too. If she was going to be Braveheart, she was going to have to get really into the spirit of it; that didn't just mean the paint, it meant giving te best damn roar she could muster as she ran through the jungle towards...well... whatever it was the cubs were actually aiming to find. Truth be told, what they were aiming to recover was very much open to debate, no one would be able to confirm if they were actually looking for the right stuff.

Pollack

Ram: 5 | Tethys: 6 | Huo: 8 | Shui: 8 | Dione: 7 | Solomon: 7 | Peregrine: 3 | Arimathras: 1

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 am
Areo was suddenly aware there were many faces around and he decided it would be best to focus his attention on Nkan. "Come young one, Let us find you some more things to bring to the Hlare and their 'friends'." He said giving Asker and them a wink as he led the cub towards some of the tide pools.

"What all are we looking for? I know you showed me your mighty treasure trove of trinkets already but I'm not familiar with them." He was of course bluffing but he figured it would be nice for the cub to explain to him what each item was.

"Well, we need some starfish, those pink things with the five points. And some of these!" He said pouncing on a root ball.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 5!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 am
Ume sighed as the trio headed off into the forest. Her little niece truly gave it her best efforts to follow in their footsteps. Her high-pitched shrieks made her ears ring. She had found her inner Braveheart spirit after all.

Well at the very least it would be easy to follow them around if they were going to be making that much noise. Although she was not looking forward to the pounding headache already setting in from them.

Lifting her eyes skyward the old lioness dropped the starfish she had been carrying to cross herself, sending a small prayer to whatever deity might be listening to grant her the patience to continue forward.

Because gods knows if she wished for strength she might kill these hellspawn children by the end of the day.

Picking her hauls back up she started to slowly bound after the cubs, mindful of keeping herself within earshot but still far enough away they could play happily without mom getting in the way.

Quote:
POST 100 WOOOOOHOO!

Total posts for Ume: 5 I Yukio: 8 I Kaluwa: 4

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:09 pm
Areo was with Nkan so he wasn't overly worried about the cub as they ventured towards the water. Nkan dashed around looking from pool to pool for more starfish since those seemed the hardest thing to find.

Finally the little cub pounced into a pool and came out with one in tow. "Here's another!" He said with a grin bringing it to the orange and purple male. However his gaze was focused on the young lioness with the stormborn. Her markings clearly said she was from his family, but was she hers? Could he have had kids with Anika? He had a night with her since he bested her and she had wanted someone from strong blood to sire them bit he never dreamed he'd actually meet them of she had cubs.... was this one of them?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am
Blasaz waited patiently as Solomon described his thoughts and feelings about having been born from a god. The lion was humble, she'd gathered that much in her time speaking with him - it was refreshing. "That sounds about right.." She said, regarding the way he really tried to dig for a solid response to their questions. "Images?" Krisis inquired. "That sounds rather useful." She remarked and lifted a paw, shook it a little to free the sand and then straightened her tiara a tad. "Likely comes in useful when you find yourself in need of certain goods." She said and finally looked to him, having calmed down (which Blasaz hoped would last for the rest of their time in the pale lions company).

"That's incredibly interesting.." Blasaz began a thought, but was reasonably interrupted by a prey creature that had fallen from the skies it seemed, then Solomon referred to it as 'mother' and her whole world flipped upside down, though it made a little more sense.

"My goodness!" Blasaz proclaimed and regarded the petite goddess with a warm smile. "Good day, it's nice to see you." Krisis wasn't so talkative, but she provided a very warm smile at the small framed goddess that had seemed to appear before her. "I'm Blasaz, this is my daughter, Krisis." She said, immediately getting onto formalities.
Epine de Rose

Kimaria

-----------

Kluna was almost relieved when he regarded her as appearing to be in pain - her inability to smile when it wasn't necessary (in her mind) was an absolute struggle, many didn't question it and so she could continue on her merry way - this lion did state it though. Her eyes narrowed and nose scrunched in a very unbecoming way at his 'maniacal' comment. "Well you try to be pleasant when you come from a place that doesn't need to be wooed for every damned little thing." She responded harshly, giving up on her false happiness - it wasn't going to get her anywhere it would seem.

"Fine, you big waste of breath - stay there and allow us to continue on our merry way." Though nothing about her statement was merry. Then he had done it. "Fairer sex?" At first the words were mumbled, heck she had even turned away from him in an effort to follow through with her 'continue on our merry way' comment, yet she found it hard to let such comments go to the wayside. Kluna inhaled deeply and turned back to face him, then looked at Dione - had this been the Stormborn and he a Viking she would have been at his throat and attempting for blood, her gaze at Dione was to seek help, though her appearance didn't beckon it.

Clearly she was in over her head with this whole 'speak with the locals thing'.
Epine de Rose

-----------

Kukesha could only snort in Tethys' general direction at his remark and she left it at that, there'd be no use in trying to persuade words from a lion who had already made up his mind. That was when a new lion had joined them and she decided to focus her energies in his direction for a brief hello. "Good day Areo." She said, picking up the name from Asker quickly as he spoke it.

But she didn't dare interject much more into their conversation and so she moved on to continue searching for more shells/roots and various other things. In the terms of the Bahari and others her mind was now clear, no plants spoke to her. Instead they were planted where they were and almost mocking her with their silence - all she could do was glare at them and their lovely forms. Fortunately there weren't many plants at the beach and so her torment was meager.

"Oh, another one."

She stopped in her tracks, went to retrieve a shell and was startled to see it come to life and begin to move. Her mistake, someone had already claimed this particular shell and it was likely that with all the commotion the crab had stopped dead in its tracks only to be found anyway. Foolish.
AstoriaFallen

-----------

The pair, lioness and raven, grew silent as they continued on their search. Yawo was beginning to feel quite a bit better since joining the group in the salty airs of the beach and she was even able to inhale deeply. Wimbi stopped her berating about heading home when she saw the way her companion was acting, it seemed leaving the den had been for the best - luck was what she placed her bets on.

Shortly after finding some additional smaller items it was apparent they weren't going to be alone much longer. Yawo had lowered her head to sniff at a strange plant she'd found (which turns out it wasn't so strange, just a weed washed to shore) but with her head so low anyway she spied a pair of pale legs moving her direction 'oh no'. It was Wimbi who spoke up first though, parked right on her back and facing the approaching lion. "Hello!" The raven squawked at him in a friendly manner.

The blood began to rush to the lioness' head and she raised it, perhaps to quickly because a sudden dizzy spell caught hold and she dropped to her rump sending her companion into the air. "Oops." She mumbled, forgetting that someone was approaching for the most part.
Epine de Rose

-----------

Zjarri and Sabia had brought along a number of other band members, most had chosen to stay behind for this 'mission' at the request of Zjarri. Those that chose to come regardless weren't considered better by any means, but regarded as curious - then there was Sabia, brought regardless of what she desired. It was the crimson lioness that addressed Valka at this time. "You might, we don't." She said bluntly, though it was easily recognizable that perhaps the lion that stood near Tethys had a number of similarities.

"Why don't you go and ask?" The blue lioness took the chance to respond and was perhaps a little snippier than she had intended. A look from Sabia told her that she was definitely to snippy and she relaxed quite a bit for diplomacy reasons. There was no point in causing hostility while they were here - the Bahari were welcoming, it was herself she struggled with.
AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
She gave the older female a look but didn't say anything. "Maybe I will then." She said and strode over to where the male was with the cub. She had noticed him staring and this made her want to ask what the deal was. "Hey....um. excuse me," she wasn't in there territory anymore. "Why do you keep looking at me? You seem familiar but I don't know why." She basically demanded of him.

Areo was caught off guard when she approached and wasn't sure what to say. "It's possible I know your mother, what is her name?"

Nkan could of cared less what they were talking about he wanted to find more stuff! Though he did have to say there was a bit of an awkward thing going on here the cub found quite fascinating.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 am
"Careful," Tethys warned as the white lioness lost her balance.

He'd seen a head stagger or two in his life and generally a being recovered quickly, but on this occasion she didn't really seem to be entirely healthy. She wasn't an invalid by any means, but he might have gone so far as to point out she looked a tad out of sorts. It would have been advantageous for her to take it easy rather than to over exert herself, though who was he to judge what an individual could or couldn't do when he had been through hell and back and had still insisted that he be allowed to walk around as well?

...If she wanted to wander about then he wouldn't stop her.

"Afternoon," he replied smoothly to the bird and hazarded a wry smile. "Your paws seem a little fool," he glanced at the bird. "And talons, at that - would you like some help...?"

He assumed that eventually the Hlare would express their satisfaction that they had received enough supplies, so he would sooner that he began to help those who had gathered a fair amount, to return it to the compound.

Abominable Greenie

"That was the plan," Peregrine replied without a semblance of guilt. The lioness might have been able to gut her own men, but when it came to Peregrine she was going to get as good as she got. In a manner of speaking she was really quite 'spoiled'; her sense of entitlement which was no doubt deserved within the heart of the Stormborn, had no real place here. While he didn't necessarily make a sport out of putting other's in their place, he seemed to be naturally inclined towards doing so whenever one of them happened to speak out of turn.

...It was a set of mannerisms that the apprentice seemed to find incredibly amusing.

In some respect, Dione could appreciate how similar the High Priestess and this strange male were. They were rather blunt, failing to mix words, and were quite skilled at putting one another in their place. The fact that Kluna had been put in her 'place' hadn't been lost on Dione, though she wouldn't be so bold as to laugh. In a way, the apprentice found this was a good thing for the High Priestess to experience. After all, how long had it been since Kluna had really seen the outside world?

She might begin to appreciate that not everything was spineless even if it preferred to be passive!

With a nod, Dione went about beginning to fish a variety of the starfish into a single pool. With them all gathered in that spot she would then be able to move on to piling up the roots near by. Given the sheer number of materials here it would serve her well to be efficient...

Abominable Greenie

Solomon had lapsed in to silence as his mother entered the scene. Given her flare for the dramatic, she had acquired the attention of basically everyone in the moments that she had arrived. Thus, he could do nothing more than take a setp back as he regarded his mother, and the two deities who seemed to be delighted to make the acquaintance of yet another of their kind...

"How are you darling, are you well?" she asked breathlessly as she glanced between her son and his companions. It seemed that the petite goddess was just a touch giddy, but she always was whenever she happened to come into what she would have described as a 'party'.

"Yes," Solomon reassured her with a smile.

"Oooh wonderful, wonderful -" she took another breath and smiled. "Have you said hello to your brother and sister yet?" It was a question that resulted in a very puzzled expression from her son. Clearly he hadn't the slightest idea what she was on about, and she could do nothing more than gasp. Had she not told him that the pair would be there? Oh she knew she'd forgotten something, she filed this away for later use, she was going to have to introduce them all before they all parted ways again.

"I'm going to go with no..." Solomon replied in a measured manner, though hher query had already been dismissed. He knew how his mother worked, this would come up again later.

"And it's nice to see you!" She had finally turned her attention back towards the pair of lionesses and the otherwise silent male 'Othos'. It seemed that eventually she had managed to settle herself and what had once been a breathless voice of excitement, had turned into one that was still merry, but a lot more measured. "Well as you know this is my son, Solomon -" she waved her paws towards him as if to introduce him and them patted down the fur on her chest. "And my name is Arimathras, but you can call me Ari," she added before peering at both females.

"My you are positively stunning," she complimented both and then peered at Othos. "So is he," she mused and glanced over her shoulder towards her son again. "Do you only have attractive friends nowadays? Are we going to have to have a talk about vanity...?" she asked with a grin.

Kimaria

Abominable Greenie

Ram: 5 | Tethys: 7 | Huo: 8 | Shui: 8 | Dione: 8 | Solomon: 8 | Peregrine: 4 | Arimathras: 2

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff