Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] - Bridgepuddle
Ray's on the River: Bridgepuddle OCC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 pm
Yep, 2 sunrods each!

And I'm pretty sure I had 3 torches originally and the -1 torch was not affected by the mythweavers fiasco. 3 seems like a number I would take. If you would like, DM-man, I'll re-calculate my current equipment to see what mythweavers might haven eaten, but I have enough wiggle-room where I don't think it's worth it ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:28 am
Okay, let me just say this, if Acorn's actions cause us to lose the one piece of loot we got from a difficult fight that she wasn't even there for because she was off doing her own thing, then I'm thinking I should quit now before I get any more frustrated.

I'm going to be up front with this, as you know it is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't want to play through an entire campaign of you trolling the party for your own amusement. I handed you that sword in good conscience with plans of using it after your identify attempt, and you attempt to throw it down a hole. I really find it frustrating and disruptive when a party member does something like that, because it's ruining the group's loot. If you're going to be like this because you think it's funny, then I'm just going to leave this campaign.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am
That was my point, about the sunrods, a bit of a joke to Ryssa's statement of no torches. sweatdrop

The only time I condone rolls against other players, is if both agree or if it is advantageous to the rp in question. I am not seeing how rolling for combat against an ally an the darkness is.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 pm
Every GM/DM/ST/MoC has their own rules regarding rolls and other players. Mine is everyone is entitled to roll, but they can never make a character do anything they wouldn't normally do or are comfortable with. To each their own.

Likewise, I would never quit a game simply because of something done IC. Everyone is different and unique! I'm, what, the third person in the guild (that I know of) that Kowsauni's threatened to leave a game over after minimal interaction? Not going to lose sleep over it, to be honest.

I'm usually all for fellow players playing their characters how they want, because I enjoy seeing the spirit and soul that the player brings to the game, seeing the character they play come alive. If it brings contention, awesome! If it brings harmony, equally awesome!

I've had much, much worse than a "likely mundane item thrown down a floor" happen to many characters I've played over the years, about half of which were on the behest of other players. I didn't think anyone would lose their minds over it, so for underestimating the implications of the actions for the sake of flavor and character, I apologize. I was hoping for something fun like Max using magic to pull the blade away! Or, Morenth doing something tricksy and swiping the blade before Acorn could throw it! Or, failing all that, speaking as a free action which can be done on any initiative. Guess I overshot my expectations there.

On the plus side, if it validates you at all, me dealing with this made me miss my movie date I had planned an hour ago, as I was just informed. At this point, I'm just going to go lay down.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 pm
First, online can wait... If you have a date, Go!

Second, I am aware of Kows temperate and if he wishes to leave over a blade being thrown, so be it. I run games in real life for only 2 people, one of which acts(no matter the character) like an Acorn, it won't bother me to run a 3 person game. Play the flipping character you wish! I will deal with the side effects, by adopting the storyline if needed.

All I was saying was, as a rule; things between players need not to be rolled in my games. Exceptions being; attacking someone(one time attack, like Thork punching Aelgeirr), or when I fell a roll is needed(3.5's perform skill to see how bad you are singing the song from Duck Tales).

I have found it slows my RL games down too much, which is saying something when it involves only 2 people. At the end of the day it is about having fun, and that is what I am for as a [incert fansy title of World Builder here] and player.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 pm
.....whaaaa?

.....dafuq?

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:46 pm
One vote for the hole, one vote for the darkness... Which side will be the party's choice or will the party split? Will Duren give the weapon back or will Acorn still wish to test the throw theory? Will the thing munching away save some for laters? These questions and more to be answered on Days in Bridgepuddle  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Seriously, you guys have until the day of Wedns to choose something or bad things will happen.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm
Sorry! Sorry... I hadn't even been on my PC for about half a week. Tending to RL obligations for a change.

Back now, though! biggrin

EDIT: I think it's already out of theaters, but in case its not, if any of you enjoy a compelling story, go see the animated film Your Name. It was quite fantastic. (This was a separate movie plan for me on Friday).

EDIT2: Found Acorn's baby picture! Which is weird, because I don't think cameras exist in Bridgepuddle.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:00 am
had computer problems this weekend, sorry. But I have posted an idea and we'll see how it goes.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:09 pm
I'm still hopeful that sooner or later, someone will catch Acorn up rather than leave her completely oblivious to the scene. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm
well, aside from walking inside and getting attacked on the spot, we're pretty clueless as to what's going on ourselves.  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:59 pm
Acorn doesn't even know that much rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 am
Sorry, for the delay. Almost everyone in my household became very sick (the cat was saved... some how ninja ), and not the fun kind ether.

But, the map is up.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm
i'm sorry too...had a crazy week...plus an interview for a possible promotion! *crosses fingers*  
[D&D 4e] - Bridgepuddle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff