Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Geist the Sin Eaters: Full ... sort of Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:42 am
Alright, I'm here at your invitation, and as I've promised, I've written my character up based on what I've learnt from the forums so far:

Mir Farkusson

I started out with 7 points allocated in merits:
Trained Memory: 1
Fighting Finesse: 2
Perfect Stillness: 1
Quickdraw: 1
Anonymity: 2

And with the 25 EXP I've spent them as below:
Resolve: 5 exp
Firearms: 9 exp
Resource: 6 exp
Sniping: 4 exp

So I should have 1 exp to spare. Please take a look and let me know if it's alright or did I missed something.

Also, do take note that I'm living on the Asian side of the world, I can post only at your nights and maybe dawns, but otherwise I can post daily.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 pm
GregarMoon
Alright, I'm here at your invitation, and as I've promised, I've written my character up based on what I've learnt from the forums so far:

Mir Farkusson

So I should have 1 exp to spare. Please take a look and let me know if it's alright or did I missed something.

Also, do take note that I'm living on the Asian side of the world, I can post only at your nights and maybe dawns, but otherwise I can post daily.

Resolve 3 cost 15 exp, not 5
Both of your powers should have 3 dots because you start with shroud 3.
To many physical skills, even if I cut corners to save you exp it looks like you would need 12 exp to keep it as is. Firearms 3 would have costed you 18 exp
And as far as merits ...
Lets shuffle things around to save you exp,
You spent your origional dots on Resources 3, Sniping 2, and anonymity 2.
that leaves 10 exp spent on the others.

10 exp on merits
15 on stats
18 on skills
43/25 exp spent.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:21 pm
Alrighty folks, T minus 10min until I leave civilitaion behind. See you all sunday.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:54 pm
PupSage
Alrighty folks, T minus 10min until I leave civilitaion behind. See you all sunday.

Righto. 'Ave a noice toime.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:24 pm
PupSage
GregarMoon

Mir Farkusson

To many physical skills, even if I cut corners to save you exp it looks like you would need 12 exp to keep it as is. Firearms 3 would have costed you 18 exp
And as far as merits ...

10 exp on merits
15 on stats
18 on skills
43/25 exp spent.

Actually, I started out with 2 in Resolve, I only advanced it by 1. Unless for each rank it increases in requirement of exp? As for the exp spent, the allocation would be:

Resolve: 1 rank: 5 exp
Firearms: 3 ranks: 9 exp
Resource: 3 ranks: 6 exp
Sniping: 2 ranks: 4 exp

New dots in attributes costs 5 exp each, and new skill dots costs 3 each, so Firearms and Resolve should be at the right costs. According to your explanation, new skill dots costs 3 exp each, and the only method I count 3 skill points to be 18 is if my Firearms is also my specialty point which requires 6 to raise, which then it amounts to 18 points as you've said. Or if there's something wrong with my calculation that you would like to explain?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 pm
PupSage

Bye, 'ave a good time~~  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 pm
GregarMoon
PupSage
GregarMoon

Mir Farkusson

And as far as merits ...

10 exp on merits
15 on stats
18 on skills
43/25 exp spent.

Actually, I started out with 2 in Resolve, I only advanced it by 1. Unless for each rank it increases in requirement of exp? As for the exp spent, the allocation would be:

New dots in attributes costs 5 exp each, and new skill dots costs 3 each, so Firearms and Resolve should be at the right costs. According to your explanation, new skill dots costs 3 exp each, and the only method I count 3 skill points to be 18 is if my Firearms is also my specialty point which requires 6 to raise, which then it amounts to 18 points as you've said. Or if there's something wrong with my calculation that you would like to explain?

It costs 5 exp times the level of dot. For example, to raise resolve to level two it cost 2X5 so 10 Exp. To raise from 2 to 3 it would cost 3x5 so15. To go from level 1 to level 3 you would add those two costs otghter so it would cots 25 exp.

It works the same for skills and most merits, except it costs 3Exp time the level of dot for Skills and 2exp times the level of dot for merits.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:56 pm
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation ^^  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:13 pm
Kowsauni
GregarMoon
PupSage
GregarMoon

Mir Farkusson

And as far as merits ...

10 exp on merits
15 on stats
18 on skills
43/25 exp spent.

It costs 5 exp times the level of dot. For example, to raise resolve to level two it cost 2X5 so 10 Exp. To raise from 2 to 3 it would cost 3x5 so15. To go from level 1 to level 3 you would add those two costs otghter so it would cots 25 exp.

It works the same for skills and most merits, except it costs 3Exp time the level of dot for Skills and 2exp times the level of dot for merits.

Alright, now that I had a gist of what I needed to swap out, I've removed 1 point from Survival and 2 from Weaponary, and stacked all 3 points into Firearms, fulfilling the original 11 points as primary. Disqualified for Weapon Finesse, I've removed it. Keeping the 15 point I needed to take Resolve, I took Pup's advice and have Resources at 3, Sniping at 2 and Anonymity at 2. The leftover points I've spent in merits Trained Memory, Decorated, Perfect Stillness, Quick Draw and Armory, which with the point spend in Resolve, should be exactly 25 exp.

Someone help me take a look at it?

I pictured him as a decorated soldier trained extensively in sniping, but was killed in action when he was sent in a covert operation to assassinate a political enemy, and since the situation was political in nature, his death was covered and his identity was erased, kinda like the cover of a spy when found, where the nation would erase them from their books and claim that my character was not even their citizen and they never knew him, prompting when he returned to want to exact revenge on those that made his death and such happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:26 pm
GregarMoon
I am kind of new to this system, but looks good to me.  

Alzzak

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 am
GregarMoon

Saving you more exp and possibly saving you a merit.

If you say that you bought Int 2 instead of resolve 3, you save 5 exp.

Also, you need to define your armory.

First define a location that it is kept in. Since you only have 1 dot, you can have a suitcase or backpack.

Then you need to tell me what is in it, with 1 dot, you get 5 points to spend.
The item cannot grant higher than a +1 bonus at 1 dot and points go as follows:

Melee: Pts = to weapon bonus
Firearms: Pts = to weapon bonus +1
If its illegal, +1
If its armor, Pts = to weapon bonus
Firearms come with 1 clip, all additional clips cost another pt

Also, as I am sure you didn't get it from the book:
Banishers pg 51
Unlike arms and armor purchased with standard Resources, Armory gear is gray market at best. It includes a selection of stolen, illegally modified or improperly registered weapons. If the authorities
discover your Armory, you might incur a fine or imprisonment.

With 1 dot, your options are:
Bowie Knife,
Bayonet,
Main-Gauche,
Hatchet,
Dagger,
Wooden Stake
Chain,
Kusari Gama,
Whip
Brass Knuckles,
Spiked Gauntlet

Ranged:
Knife,
Chakram,
Shuriken,
Dart,
Stake

Armor:
Reinforced Clothing
Leather armor  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:30 pm
PupSage
GregarMoon

First define a location that it is kept in. Since you only have 1 dot, you can have a suitcase or backpack.

If its illegal, +1

Banishers pg 51
Unlike arms and armor purchased with standard Resources, Armory gear is gray market at best. It includes a selection of stolen, illegally modified or improperly registered weapons. If the authorities

Bowie Knife,
Bayonet,
Main-Gauche,
Hatchet,
Dagger,
Wooden Stake
Chain,
Kusari Gama,
Whip
Brass Knuckles,
Spiked Gauntlet

Ranged:
Knife,
Chakram,
Shuriken,
Dart,
Stake

Armor:
Reinforced Clothing
Leather armor

Hmm, say I follow your advice and place it in Int 2 instead of Resolve 3, I get 5 points. Looking at the explanation of armory, say I invest the leftover 5 points into armory, am I able to get at least a rifle to go with my fighting style? If not, I'd rather swap out my armory for something else, or give a boost to my other merits confused  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:45 pm
GregarMoon
PupSage
GregarMoon

If its illegal, +1

Banishers pg 51

Bowie Knife,
Bayonet,
Main-Gauche,
Hatchet,
Dagger,
Wooden Stake
Chain,
Kusari Gama,
Whip
Brass Knuckles,
Spiked Gauntlet

Ranged:
Knife,
Chakram,
Shuriken,
Dart,
Stake

Armor:
Reinforced Clothing
Leather armor

Hmm, say I follow your advice and place it in Int 2 instead of Resolve 3, I get 5 points. Looking at the explanation of armory, say I invest the leftover 5 points into armory, am I able to get at least a rifle to go with my fighting style? If not, I'd rather swap out my armory for something else, or give a boost to my other merits confused

You would need 4 dots in armory for a guarenteed rifle, or resources 4 ( or less with incredible luck) to get a rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:53 pm
PupSage
GregarMoon
PupSage
GregarMoon

If its illegal, +1

Banishers pg 51

Bowie Knife,
Bayonet,
Main-Gauche,
Hatchet,
Dagger,
Wooden Stake
Chain,
Kusari Gama,
Whip
Brass Knuckles,
Spiked Gauntlet

Ranged:
Knife,
Chakram,
Shuriken,
Dart,
Stake

Armor:
Reinforced Clothing
Leather armor

You would need 4 dots in armory for a guarenteed rifle, or resources 4 ( or less with incredible luck) to get a rifle.

Hmm, if that's the case....

I've swapped out Armory for 1 dot in Trained Observer. And since I'm placing my character's background to be military, and he died in action, according to the Decorated merit, that would automatically qualify him for the 2nd-dot (Purple Heart), no?  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 pm
No. Nothing is free, you still have to pay for it.

And honestly a rifle is worth the cost.

If you rearanged your merits and dropped resources for armory, you could theoretically get the best armor, and a nearly endless stream of ammo.
Not to mention, a +4 dice to attack rolls is nice.
4+Dex+firearms+ any sniping bonuses. Thats a good chance of getting 5 successes, which is max damage cap.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff