Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History (Sandbox D&D 3.5 Game)(Open/accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WeaselFanBoy

Liberal Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:11 pm
Two questions, is this open/accepting members and what books would I need to fish out to see what I want to make? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 pm
Alzzak
would you allow muskets and pistols?
I have my own custom versions of firearms and they are fairly rare outside of the Republic as such weapons are their "thing". They function much like a mix between a wand and gun from our world. They can fire repeatedly and have small ammo clips. Shot to often they weapon my overload spectacularly. I have a custom Class known as Soldier which starts off proficient with such weapons and progresses much like a fighter, almost all Soldiers herald from the place the weapons come from as attaining one otherwise would be very difficult.

As for you, WeazelFanBoy, yes we are still in character generation if your interested. I am allowing for most books but I ask you avoid psionics.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:47 pm
purest_heart
Alzzak
I have my own custom versions of firearms and they are fairly rare outside of the Republic as such weapons are their "thing". They function much like a mix between a wand and gun from our world. They can fire repeatedly and have small ammo clips. Shot to often they weapon my overload spectacularly. I have a custom Class known as Soldier which starts off proficient with such weapons and progresses much like a fighter, almost all Soldiers herald from the place the weapons come from as attaining one otherwise would be very difficult.

As for you, WeazelFanBoy, yes we are still in character generation if your interested. I am allowing for most books but I ask you avoid psionics.
May I see that class?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 pm
Alzzak
purest_heart
Alzzak

May I see that class?
Certainly.

HD: D10
Level Base Attack Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Improved Cooldown -25%, Bonus feat
2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Bonus feat, Firearm Trick
3rd +3 +3 +3 +1
4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Bonus Feat
5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Improved Cooldown -30%
6th +6/+1 +5 +5 +2 Evasion
7th +7/+2 +5 +5 +2 Bonus feat
8th +8/+3 +6 +6 +2 Firearm Trick
9th +9/+4 +6 +6 +3
10th +10/+5 +7 +7 +3 Improved Cooldown -35%, Bonus Feat
11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +7 +3
12th +12/+7/+2 +8 +8 +4
13th +13/+8/+3 +8 +8 +4 Bonus Feat
14th +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +4 Firearm Trick
15th +15/+10/+5 +9 +9 +5 Improved Cooldown -40%
16th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +10 +5 Bonus Feat
17th +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5
18th +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6
19th +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 Bonus Feat
20th +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 Improved Cooldown -45%, Firearm Trick

Skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Ride, Climb, Swim, Use Magic Device.

Weapon/armor Proficiencies: Soldiers are Proficient with all simple weapons, Military weapons. He is also Proficient with light armor and Military medium armor.
Improved cooldown(Ex): A Soldier understands that keeping his weapon from overloading is how he lives to shoot again. As such through proper usage and care of his military weapon and a slight, almost unnoticeable pause between shoots a solider can reduce the chance of accidental overload. At 1st level the Solder can reduce these chances by 25% and every 5 levels there after these chances decreases by 5%. So a 5th level Soldier chances of accidently overloading their firearm is reduced by 30% and a 10th level Soldier’s chances are reduced by 35% and so on.
Bonus Feat: At 1st, 2nd, 4th, and every 3 levels there after a Solider can choose a bonus feat. These feats are can be from the fighter bonus feat list.
Evasion (Ex): At 6th level a Solider learns to avoid magical and unusual attacks much like a rouge or ranger. From If he makes a successful reflex save he instead takes no damage. This ability stops functioning if the Soldier wears armor heavier than medium armor.
Firearm Trick (Ex): Starting at 2nd and every 6 levels there after the Solider learns a nifty little trick that lets him improve his shooting. Every time the soldier qualifies for a Firearm Trick he may choose from the list below or submit an idea for one to the DM.

Trap Sense (Ex): Functions like the Barbarian ability of the same name. Every time this ability is chosen as a trick the Solder gains an additional +1 bonus. This ability can be taken a total of 4 times.
Uncanny Dodge(Ex): Taking this trick allows the Soldier to react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to. He retains his Dex bonus to AC when caught Flatfooted or attacked by an invisible attacker. He still loses his Dex bonus if immobilized or otherwise made helpless. If the Solider would gain Uncanny dodge from another source he instead gains improved uncanny dodge.
Bonus Feat: The Solider can instead take a bonus feat.

I've never play tested this beyond 3rd level.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:34 pm
WeazelFanBoy
Two questions, is this open/accepting members and what books would I need to fish out to see what I want to make? XD
Look above to see actual response. You should check back on your own next time please. I am not going to make quote towers in my own thread. They are annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm
purest_heart
I with your permission, I would love to play test it for you, and give you ideas for new firearm tricks.

Though, what would happen with an overload and what are the stats for the military weapons?  

Alzzak

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 pm
Alzzak
I with your permission, I would love to play test it for you, and give you ideas for new firearm tricks.

Though, what would happen with an overload and what are the stats for the military weapons?

Yea I quickly ran out of ideas for tricks as I looked through the PHB and other resources as every time I came up with something useful I quickly realized, "Oh hey, there's a feat for that." so I included in the feature's description the ability to submit ideas for tricks

As for the stats for the firearms and Overloading its best if I give a quick synapses of how Firearms work in the Mundesa setting:

Firearms are a magical devices created by the Artificers of Inthera for her armies. These weapons are incredibly powerful, for even in the hands of a simple peasant they could bring down a seasoned warrior or adventurer. This power however comes with a great risk, death to the user and everyone near him. That risk alone is the reason most stay away from such weapons.

Every time the weapon is fired after the initial shot without taking the Full-round action of opening and closing the weapons cooling vent and to let the weapon recover there is a 10% chance the weapon will Overload, each subsequent firing increases these chances by 10%. An Overload's size is and damage is dependent upon what kind of charge pack(see below) the weapon is loaded with.

Available military weapons.

Blunderbus(Shotgun)
Damage depends on how close you are
Point blank(same square): 2d12
5-10 feet: 2d10
10-15: 2d8
15-20: 2d6
20-25: 2d4
25+: Ineffective

Rifle
Damage: 2d8
Range: 80ft

Pistol
Range: 50ft
Damage: 2d6

All military weapons have a X3 critical. All military weapons deal damage in the form of energy(type determined by charge pack) attacks not physical damage so damage reduction does not apply but energy resistance does. Because the weapons fire magical energy they do not function in anti-magic fields or work on creatures immune to magic. Spell Resistance does not apply.

Military grade weapons are powered by small "Charge packs" that act as their ammunition. Each charge pack is an enchanted magical device that stores condensed magical energy. How much energy depends on the type of charge pack and what type of energy is stored is selected upon creation.

Charge pack, Least: Stores 10 charges of energy, can be Fire, Ice, Electric, or Force energy. Overloads with a 2d12 points of damage in a 15 foot radius with a DC 20 Reflex save. Energy type of the explosion is the same as the packs.

Won't get into the others as you couldn't afford them.

Firearms feat(s):

Charge Pack Grenade:
When this feat is taken the character gains the ability to overload a charge pack(Use Magic device check DC 15) on purpose and use it as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 20 feet. Doing so causes the pack to explode and causes the effects that would normally happen when a military weapon would overload while loaded with the charge pack.
Normal:If someone without this feat were to do this the charge pack would explode immediately and in their square(no save).
Special: Can be a Fighter/soldier bonus feat.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 pm
loth17
How much money do we start out with is it just standard for our level?
Yes.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

loth17 rolled 3 12-sided dice: 10, 1, 3 Total: 14 (3-36)

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Do we get any re rolls for health  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm
loth17

Damn even with my constitution that level of hp is not good for long turn survivability  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 pm
loth17
loth17

Damn even with my constitution that level of hp is not good for long turn survivability

1st level HP is always max. Other than that to bad. Also what are you playing to get a d12 HD?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm
purest_heart
loth17
loth17

1st level HP is always max. Other than that to bad. Also what are you playing to get a d12 HD?

so 12+10+3+9(constitution)=34
Im playing a warblade.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items